Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

Igbos Should Think Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Think Home (1823 Views)

Igbos Should Not Accept Any Medical Treatment From The Military - Ezeife / Why Igbos Should Forget Biafra And Focus On Restructuring - Ohanaeze / Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigeria is a great country, peopled by great people, so we are made to believe. But one of the visible demon that has stippled the growth of Nigeria is tribalism. Wherever you go, you’re reminded of your tribe, and how you’re not an indigene.

Tribalism as a matter of fact is the ultimate decider on national politics. Nigerians vote on tribal lines, irrespective of the candidate stand, belief system and overall qualification. No wonder, over the years, we have end up electing mediocre, with underdevelopment as evidence. Besides, the Millitary era saw one tribe dominating political affair in the nation for a long time.

Back to the topic: The Igbos can be found virtually anywhere in this country. Deep down in the creek of the Deltas, to the arid desert in the north, the Igbo man can be found engage in one economic activity or the other. However, Nigerians instead of returning this gesture with love, appreciation, and possibly integration, we have been taunted, persecuted and called names. We have been threatened, abused and even killed in cold blood…. I will not want to delve into history, as we are all well informed on these issues.

Now, the question is do we have to experience a holocaust before we learn? The program of the 60s, and recent killings is enough to teach us lessons. I’m not trying to wipe up sentiment, but I think it’s time we face reality. The opinions on this forum and other social network, reflects the average mindset of tribal Nigerians towards the Igbos.

Igbos in diaspora should think home. I mean my brothers residing in the Western and Northern part of this country, both the rich and the poor, it’s time to come back home. Let’s join hand and build the East.

Let’s work towards a better Igboland. It’s time to speak with one voice on issues that affects us. It’s time to unite the Igboid speaking group, so that we can emancipate ourselves from the shackles of underdevelopment.

Biafra will come, if we set our priorities right. Economic emancipation of the East first should be our priorities.
I know that this issues may have been treated on this forum, but recent events evoked this article. If we keep drumming the truth to our brothers who think otherwise then we’ll be sure of freedom someday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
grin
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by CliffordOrji: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
We Igbos re not ready to go back to Igboland. I am an Igbo man but I will rather die in Lagos than go back to Igboland

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Raydos: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by MRSANITY(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
CliffordOrji:
We Igbos re not ready to go back to Igboland. I am an Igbo man but I will rather die in Lagos than go back to Igboland
you see them? smh

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by brandonobi(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
freedom from? not trying to antagonise but, thinking home to go and do wat, seperate and form biafra? for wat exactly?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by thesicilian: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Even though you are not ready to go now, have plans on hand, that can guarantee you'll be able to relocate to the East within 1-2days. Only an unwise Igbo man will be having any permanent investment in another region while at the same time struggling for independence!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
brandonobi:
freedom from?
not trying to antagonise but,
thinking home to go and do wat, seperate and form biafra? for wat exactly?
Reality is staring at you and asking such questions. Are you not aware of current event in Nigeria. Well the purpose of this article is this: I yearn to see a highly developed South East. An industrialized South East. Anambra is already on track... I'm a computer programmer, living and writing codes in South East. it can be done.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
CliffordOrji:
I'm very sure that you're not an Igbo man. Your moniker says it all. CliffordOrji indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by brandonobi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
blues20:

Reality is staring at you and asking such questions. Are you not aware of current event in Nigeria. Well the purpose of this article is this: I yearn to see a highly developed South East. An industrialized South East. Anambra is already on track... I'm a computer programmer, living and writing codes in South East. it can be done.
ya it is possible, im not against it im from anambra but was born in lagos my only problem is the biafra thing
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Noblecx: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
MRSANITY:
Igbos cannever think home, there is something spiritual in their yansh which makes it impossible for them to put it in their homes, they prefer to litter the whole world with their greed and wickedness.

Igbos need deliverance.

Why rushing to display your stupidity?
We know you people so well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
One sure way to develop a vibrant economy power house in the East is build a solid knowledge dependent economy. Science and technology should be our bedrock. We are already into manufacturing.... our best brains that are scattered round the globe should think home. If we can make it outside Igboland, we can also make it in Igboland... umuigbo, unu' cheta ulo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by cheruv: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
blues20:

Biko tinyem na BBM... O nwere ihe ndim choro ka I programuolam na komputa
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by cheruv: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
brandonobi:
ya it is possible, im not against it im from anambra but was born in lagos my only problem is the biafra thing
You're free to become Yorubanized. Your types aren't needed back home bkos all they do is cause disharmony undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
cheruv:

Biko tinyem na BBM... O nwere ihe ndim choro ka I programuolam na komputa
eworom Bberry, but kai kpa na email....
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by proeast(m): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
thesicilian:
Even though you are not ready to go now, have plans on hand, that can guarantee you'll be able to relocate to the East within 1-2days. Only an unwise Igbo man will be having any permanent investment in another region while at the same time struggling for independence!
I've been saying the same thing for a long time now, well ukpana okpoko buuru, nti chiri ya! IN THE SAME SPIRIT OF THINKING HOME, CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT TO BUY LAND IN OWERRI.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by proeast(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
MRSANITY:
you see them? smh
You should be able to know ofenmanu imposter when you see one, that dude you quoted is from WASTE!
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by jiinxed: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
CliffordOrji:

Why are you afonjas like this?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by brandonobi(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
cheruv:

You're free to become Yorubanized. Your types aren't needed back home bkos all they do is cause disharmony undecided
if in ur book staying in a diff. state morphs u into one then so be it, and wat disharmony r u refering to?
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by ibedun: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
CliffordOrji:

True Igboman! Realistic Igboman!

Nothing do you but ........... You no go find no man's land anywhere o!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by cheruv: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
blues20:

eworom Bberry, but kai kpa na email....
Kedu gmail gi?
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2016
braden107:
This forum is just a joke .the country is shiit anyway. You guys keep creating silly threads . Igbos should be grateful for free oil money . Igbos have nothing . Below is an ethnic map of Nigeria. Do not trespass and include other regions on your igbo Biafra map or face repercussions .Do not include the Akwa cross on your map. Akwa cross is by far better than Igbo . Akwa cross has greater potentials . abundant natural resources. The longest beach .deepest natural seaport. greenery and nature. marine life, food,etc.beautiful and intelligent people . Oronians are industrious .Oronians are brave warriors and fighters . Do not include the Akwa cross on your map and get ready to be mass deported once shiit hits the fan.
My brother, why you dey knack your head for ground for nothing....? this thread no concern you na. Abi you wan join them? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by agwom(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2016
grin
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Goke7: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2016
The igbos I know are too adventurous to head home, its just their nature not that they are not smart.
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Alcatraz003: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2016
I m glad u r advicing your p pble. pls go back home.
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Kexorcist(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2016

Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2016
Alcatraz003:
I m glad u r advicing your p pble. pls go back home.
So that you can have peace of mind. Our success is a threat to you. You abhor us in your land yet you want us to remain Nigerians. Don't worry, it will certainly happen.
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by attackgat: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2016
braden107:
This forum is just a joke .the country is shiit anyway. You guys keep creating silly threads . Igbos should be grateful for free oil money . Igbos have nothing . Below is an ethnic map of Nigeria. Do not trespass and include other regions on your igbo Biafra map or face repercussions .Do not include the Akwa cross on your map. Akwa cross is by far better than Igbo . Akwa cross has greater potentials . abundant natural resources. The longest beach .deepest natural seaport. greenery and nature. marine life, food,etc.beautiful and intelligent people . Oronians are industrious .Oronians are brave warriors and fighters . Do not include the Akwa cross on your map and get ready to be mass deported once shiit hits the fan.

What good has the Oil done for Nigeria? Other countries that don't have a drop of Oil have moved past Nigeria. The Oil you are talking about in plentiful in Igboland from Aniocha/Oshimili to Ohaji/Egbema to Otuocha to Ukwa East, Oil is being drilled there. As for Akwa-Cross, huge potentials that have come to mean nothing in Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2016
attackgat:

What good has the Oil done for Nigeria? Other countries that don't have a drop of Oil have moved past Nigeria. The Oil you are talking about in plentiful in Igboland from Aniocha/Oshimili to Ohaji/Egbema to Otuocha to Ukwa East, Oil is being drilled there. As for Akwa-Cross, huge potentials that have come to mean nothing in Nigeria.
Don't mind that jack. I have a lot of respect for the Akwa-Cross, if not I'wld have love to brutalize him right here. Its very clear he is been consume with insecurity. cool
Re: Igbos Should Think Home by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2016
cheruv:

Kedu gmail gi?
ige wontam na: gizmodesign124@gmail.com or tech_hub@hotmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea / Trump Speaks With Nigeria’s President, Who Hasn’t Been Seen in Weeks / We Were Asked To Protest Against Senate & Saraki Because Of Ndume -IDP Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.