Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam (678 Views)

Nigeria Will Burn If Jonathan Is Arrested - Orubebe / Head Of Malaysian Government Hosts Goodluck Jonathan(pics) / Niger Delta Group Vows To Bomb NNPC Towers If Patience Jonathan Is Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by mistarsam(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
https://www.naij.com/938227-gobe-popular-rapper-arrested-insulting-islam-photo.h

cc: lalasticlala

– Malaysian rapper Namewee was arrested after returning to Kuala Lumpur– His latest song ‘Oh My God’ features the call to prayer and the word Allah– Several Muslims in Malaysia complained the song insulted IslamA rap star has been detained in Malaysia on blasphemy charges afterallegedly insulting Islam in his latest music video.Namewee, whose real name is Wee Meng Chee, was arrested at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport where he was returning from overseas, the Bernama agency said.The word ‘Allah’ and sounds of the Islamic call to prayer were said to be used in the four-minute Mandarin music video, titled ‘Oh My God.’The video, ‘Oh My God,’ was releasedin July and featured three other singers rapping in Mandarin in front of various places of worship and using the word AllahEnraged Malay Islamic activists lodged police complaints against Wee, saying the video was rude and disrespectful to Islam but the singer has defended himself by stating that what he was saying in the video was meant to promote religious harmony.

Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by madridguy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by mhizAnnie(f): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
E go see pepper...e never start
Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by policy12: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm o Islam the only religion of peace I hail thee...

Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by 4Qbitch: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
Consequences of a religious low self esteem.
Re: Malaysian Rapper Is Arrested Forinsulting Islam by delishpot: 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Na wa o.

(1) (Reply)

APC In 2019 Will Be Like" Must Read / Watch Youth Corpers Reaction As They Meet With President Buhari In Daura / Mugabe Threatens Africa Will Leave United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.