Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam (6341 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Common Reasons For Late Marriage / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Zdoh(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
The only pratices that give me joy and peace of mind in the presense of Almight is islam.

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
greetings:
Errr! Truthfully, It was on a second thought that I decided to drop a comment on this thread.... you asked me to share my personal reasons and I have.

I honestly don't want to dwell into comparisms and the likes.....
Apologies for not asking the right question. What I'm trying to find out is whether you'd agree with the proposition that it's possible for the holy books of religions that are not from Allah, such as the Christian bible, to vibrate through the readers' marrow the way the Qur'an vibrates through your marrow. And whether you'd agree with the proposition that religions that are not from Allah, such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Mormonism, can gladden the heart of their followers and give them strength in difficult situations in the same way that Islam does for you.

If your answer is yes, I'd like to know what this means for your faith. If the experiences that make you believe Islam is true can be found outside Islam, how can you be sure that Islam is true? If your answer is no, I'd like to know what assures you that your experience is unique.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
gensteejay:
I liked the author's approach in his book. I have no concerns, none whatsoever. Islamic teachings are always practical, commonsensical.
Would you trust a book comparing Islam and Christianity that was written by Pastor Adeboye, whose teachings are also practical and clear?

About the so-called contradictions and errors in the Qur'an, I know a number of those websites mainly sponsored by Jews. Their claims are entirely bogus; they interpreted some verses out of context and the ones they claim are contradictory merely abrogate each other. This is a normal practice in Islam. Certain Hadiths of the prophet would reveal their lack of understanding in interpreting Qur'anic verses. They are only spreading lies and fallacies.
How would you convince a skeptic, who sees abrogation as simply a system for managing the contradictions in the Qur'an, that it's not so?

when a Christian says demons bow to the power of Jesus, they are not really doing that. Rather they are fearful of Jesus because he was a great prophet of God. .
Interesting!

The aforementioned Mr. Adegunwa's book presents a good treatise on this issue. He stated several verses in the Bible that clearly talks about the five pillars of Islam, namely belief in oneness of Allah and in the prophetood of Muhammad (peace be on him); sallah; zakat; etc.
Can you share the bible verses that talk about the prophethood of Prophet Muhammad, and Hajj? I'm extremely interested because it's news to me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
balash:
Yes, the Prophet was a Man,
Yes, all men make mistakes and he made human mistakes too BUT these mistakes are just his day to day human mistakes and have nothing to do with what's divinely revealed.
I think I understand. You mean he didn't make mistakes with the Qu'ran, but some of his actions which Allah did not command him to do could have been wrong. Not intentionally, but by mistake. I'd really like to know which 3 actions you would pick as the Prophet's top 3 mistakes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:
I think I understand. You mean he didn't make mistakes with the Qu'ran, but some of his actions which Allah did not command him to do could have been wrong. Not intentionally, but by mistake. I'd really like to know which 3 actions you would pick as the Prophet's top 3 mistakes.

First you need to know that mistakes doesn't necessarily mean sin or wrongdoing.

What we are referring to as mistake isn't a sin or a reprehensible wrong, Allah has protected his Prophets from such.

Bringing it closer to us,
If you are fasting and you unintentionally ate something, that's a mistake but it's not a sin.

That's exactly what the errors of the Prophets were.

All of the Prophets of Allah don't commit sins, they have been protected from such.

In some cases mistakes could be sinful, but that's not the way it is for the Prophets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Seun:

Would you trust a book comparing Islam and Christianity that was written by Pastor Adeboye, whose teachings are also practical and clear?

How would you convince a skeptic, who sees abrogation as simply a system for managing the contradictions in the Qur'an, that it's not so?

Interesting!

Can you share the bible verses that talk about the prophethood of Muhammad, and Hajj? I'm extremely interested because it's news to me!
I am busy now. I will answer these questions soon when I am less busy.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by sino(m): 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
First I must state that my being Muslim is as a result of Allah’s Mercies. As a Muslim, I must first acknowledge this profound blessing on me, for if Allah (SWT) had willed differently, I could have been anything except being a Muslim.

Be that as it may, I do have personal reasons for sticking with Islam. I haven’t studied all other religions in the world, but studying the Qur’an has helped me to understand what I need do to attain salvation. Not only that, if we look at the Abrahamic faith, Judaism and Christianity to be precise, they claim to be followers of Moses and Jesus respectively, fortunately, Islam talks about these religions, as well as the personalities they revere, this alone helps me understand that indeed, the religious personalities of these aforementioned religions were from the one true God who had also sent the last messenger to guide mankind to attain proper relationship with Him through the Qur’an and his teachings of the Qur’an.

Other forms of religion that I had come across, especially traditionally, acknowledges the existence of GOD, but they have constituted partnership with this one true God, this is counterintuitive, for even in our worldly dispositions, we detest sharing authority, so how can associating partnership with the Creator be what the Creator intends especially in terms of worship?! Not only that, these other religions happen to be as a result of a man, and therefore such religions are usually named after such men and in most cases such men are worshiped, instead of the Creator. Islam is distinct, and it is all encompassing. It deals with both worldly and spiritual affairs of man, Islam teaches how to recognize God as the one true God with no partners, He is self-sufficient, He begets not nor was He begotten, and there is none like unto Him (Q114:1-4).

I haven’t found a belief system that is superior to that which Islam prescribes.

5 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
balash:
Yes, the Prophet was a Man,
Yes, all men make mistakes and he made human mistakes too BUT these mistakes are just his day to day human mistakes and have nothing to do with what's divinely revealed.

You gave a beautiful reply by referring to the infallible Quran, surah Najm when defending the Prophet's infallibility. Unfortunately you blew it all together with the above remarks. Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli defends himself in the following ahadith:

Allamah al-Albani:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn Al-As: I used to write everything which I heard from the Messenger of Allah (saw). I intended to memorize it. The Quraysh prohibited me saying: "Do you write everything that you hear from him while the messenger of Allah is a human being: He speaks in anger and pleasure?" So I stopped writing, and mentioned it to the messenger of Allah (saw). He signalled with his finger to his mouth and said: "Write, by Him in Whose hand my soul lies, only right comes out from it!"

Ref: Sahih Sunan Abu Dawud, vol.2, p.#408 {Bab fi Kitab al-Ilm}

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal:

Yahya ibn Sa'eed - Abdullah ibn Al-Akhnas Al-Walid ibn Abdullah - Yusuf ibn Mahak - Abdullah ibn Amr:

I used to write everything I heard from the Messenger of Allah (saw), I intended to memorize it. The Quraysh prohibited me saying: "Do you write everything that you hear from messenger of Allah, messenger of Allah is a human being: He speaks in anger and pleasure?" So I stopped writing, and mentioned it to the messenger of Allah (saw). He (the messenger of Allah) said: "Write, by Him in Whose hand my soul lies, only right comes out from it!"

Footnote: The chain is Sahih

Ref: Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol. 11, pg. #57-58, H.#6510.

# Imam al-Hakim:

Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Abdullah AlSafar - Muhammad ibn Muslim - Yazid ibn Harun - Muhammad ibn Ishaq - Amr ibn Shuaib - his father - his grandfather:

"O Messenger of Allah (saw)! Do you allow me to write what I hear from you?" The Prophet (saw) said, "Yes." He asked, "In both when you are in a pleasant mood or angry?" The Prophet (saw) said, "Yes because from it (my mouth), is not meant for me to say in pleasantness or anger except the truth."

Footnote: Narration is Sahih

Ref: Al-Mustadrak Ala al-Sahihayn, vol.3, pg#606, H.#6246.

NOTE: INFALLIBILITY is nothing other than perfection of faith. If faith is perfect, then you will be guided by Allah in everything. This is part of what Nabi _salallahu alayhi wa ahli_ achieved when his Lord commanded whoever wishes success to emulate him:
Certainly you have in the Apostle of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much." {surah Ahzab: 21}.

# In addition, when his wife Umm al-mu'minin Aisha was asked about the Prophet, she said, "He is a living Quran in action". He never deviate from the Quran.

# He, salallahu alayhi wa ahli never makes mistake.

9 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
balash:

First you need to know that mistakes doesn't necessarily mean sin or wrongdoing.

What we are referring to as mistake isn't a sin or a reprehensible wrong, Allah has protected his Prophets from such.

Bringing it closer to us,
If you are fasting and you unintentionally ate something, that's a mistake but it's not a sin.

That's exactly what the errors of the Prophets were.

All of the Prophets of Allah don't commit sins, they have been protected from such.

In some cases mistakes could be sinful, but that's not the way it is for the Prophets.

Even @underlined, Nabi never make such. That is gafla - forgetfulness. And it is usually caused by loss of concentration, hopelessness, shaytan etc.

Listen to what shaytan says:
He said: My Lord! because Thou hast made life evil to me, I will certainly make (evil) fair-seeming to them on earth, and I will certainly cause them all to deviate

Except Thy servants from among them, the devoted ones

He said: This is a right way with Me:

Surely. as regards My servants, you have no authority, over them except those who follow you of the deviators.
{Surah Hijr: 39-42}

# Shaytan has no way whatsoever near the Prophet. Unfortunately, you will see some crazy so-called ahadith which indicate for example that shaytan came to disturb and confuse the Prophet in his prayers whereas he used to run away from Umar ibn al-Khattab. Such ahadith are discarded by this strong infallible evidence of the Quran.

3 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2016
when I graduated last year I started questioning my belief, so I started studying religion from an objective perspective. Islam encourage intellectualism. one thing that baffled me was that Allah asked us to seek knowledge because knowledge of who he is will give us pristine knowledge of who he is. I would like you to watch few clips of zakir naik on YouTube.

on the actions of Muslims around the world. it is embarrassing and they act on 'Alfa said'

this link down here might give an insight on seeking knowledge.
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/Jinn.htm
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Seun:

Apologies for not asking the right question. What I'm trying to find out is whether you'd agree with the proposition that it's possible for the holy books of religions that are not from Allah, such as the Christian bible, to vibrate through the readers' marrow the way the Qur'an vibrates through your marrow. And whether you'd agree with the proposition that religions that are not from Allah, such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Mormonism, can gladden the heart of their followers and give them strength in difficult situations in the same way that Islam does for you.

If your answer is yes, I'd like to know what this means for your faith. If the experiences that make you believe Islam is true can be found outside Islam, how can you be sure that Islam is true? If your answer is no, I'd like to know what assures you that your experience is unique.

Muslims believe that those books were given to those prophet. but Islam has abrogate may of those laws. inspiration can be found there.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by DevotedOne(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of The One GOD, Allah, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You.

Allah (SWT), has sent us The Qur'an, a Book from no one else but Allah (SWT). It is said to be the final Book from HIM (SWT). Many people disparage the Qur'an. They are those who seek misguidance. This world is limited in its life supporting means. It must end finally, and take on barrenness. There is only One (SWT), Whom controls all life in this world, and all other worlds, and that One Is Allah (SWT). HE (SWT), has given/chosen for you Islam, as a religion. Follow that religion, to be obedient/submissive, and truly guided.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Maisuya1: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
Assalam.
Although I was born a Muslim. I have come to realise that Islam contains universal truth.

1. All civilization/nation received a messenger from Allah.
2. Although modes of worship differ, the belief is still in one true deity.
3. Islam did not come to counter previous faiths (not restrictive to Abrahamic faiths) but to confirm them
4. Thus those who belive in their previous religion and adopt Islam are assured of double reward (not even Muslims are given double reward)

These are the recurring themes I find in the quran which confirms my belief in islam

4 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2016
AlBaqir:

Even @underlined, Nabi never make such. That is gafla - forgetfulness. And it is usually caused by loss of concentration, hopelessness, shaytan etc.

Listen to what shaytan says:
He said: My Lord! because Thou hast made life evil to me, I will certainly make (evil) fair-seeming to them on earth, and I will certainly cause them all to deviate

Except Thy servants from among them, the devoted ones

He said: This is a right way with Me:

Surely. as regards My servants, you have no authority, over them except those who follow you of the deviators.
{Surah Hijr: 39-42}

# Shaytan has no way whatsoever near the Prophet. Unfortunately, you will see some crazy so-called ahadith which indicate for example that shaytan came to disturb and confuse the Prophet in his prayers whereas he used to run away from Umar ibn al-Khattab. Such ahadith are discarded by this strong infallible evidence of the Quran.

This is so wrong? Why would you describe an hadith as 'Crazy' that's unislamic my brother, this thread author is a Christian and their so trust is based on the fact that we Muslims get all our beliefs and guidance from the holy qur'an it's so wrong for me quoting hadith to him, I needed to quote something he can actually surf the Internet and get the same meanings so I can at least be crisp in reasoning and dealings

In as much as the Prophet is a noble man we can't say as human he won't forget somethings as human naturally, we don't need to describe the Prophet like immortal human to christians, it's more appropriate to say he is Noble and would never sin against Allah and his beliefs not saying he can't merely say, Oh I forgot my toothbrush, that's cool not like he forget to pray and we be like it's a mistake that can't happen to the Prophet but he surely would forget things as human normally even if there ain't no written evidence based on such but as human, he is bound to forget things in a split secs
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
balash:

This is so wrong? Why would you describe an hadith as 'Crazy' that's unislamic my brother, this thread author is a Christian and their so trust is based on the fact that we Muslims get all our beliefs and guidance from the holy qur'an it's so wrong for me quoting hadith to him, I needed to quote something he can actually surf the Internet and get the same meanings so I can at least be crisp in reasoning and dealings

In as much as the Prophet is a noble man we can't say as human he won't forget somethings as human naturally, we don't need to describe the Prophet like immortal human to christians, it's more appropriate to say he is Noble and would never sin against Allah and his beliefs not saying he can't merely say, Oh I forgot my toothbrush, that's cool not like he forget to pray and we be like it's a mistake that can't happen to the Prophet but he surely would forget things as human normally even if there ain't no written evidence based on such but as human, he is bound to forget things in a split secs
You are right. There are haadith that talk about few mistakes of the noble prophet while observing prayers and how Allah revealed steps to correct them. This is what brought about the concept of prostration of forgetfulness in Islam.

To butress my point, the prophet stated "I am a human being and forget like you forget. If I forget, remind me."

So the prophet was not perfect that he wouldn't forget, but was of excellent character. He never made mistakes that a typical man makes for he was always divinely guided by Allah through Angel Gabriel.

Allah, in his Infinite Wisdom, never sent an angel as a prophet to teach humans his laws; He always sent a man so that the followers of such a prophet will be guided gradually and practically.

We, as followers of prophet Muhammad, learn from the weaknesses that Allah permitted in him and the means of correcting them. Through our noble prophet, we know the prayers to recite when in times of fear, of hunger, of sickness, of afflictions by evil jinns and sorcery.

An example: when a wicked Jew gave the prophet a poisoned food causing him to fall sick and forget things strangely. To cut this story short, Allah revealed two surahs (chapters) which are Falaq and Nas to cancel all the effects of sihr (black magic) on him.

From that happening, we Muslims know the power of those Quranic verses and several others against witchcraft and black magic.

The Qur'an and prophet's Sunnah were never affected by the human nature of the prophet as regards making mistakes and forgetfullness. During his lifetime, Allah used to revise the revealed parts of the Qur'an for prophet Muhammad through angel Gabriel. This occurred during Ramadhan. So the Holy Qur'an, just like Islam, is a perfect book of Allah.

P.S.: I would respond to Seun's questions soon.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
balash:

# Any lies attributed to the holy Prophet can easily be exposed by the holy Quran. I tag those lies as "crazy". Quran says Shaitan can never ever sway or near the devoted ones. A lie called hadith says Shaitan once disturbed the salat of the Prophet to the extent of getting physical, and other times Shaitan used to be present with the Prophet whereas another lie called hadith says Shaitan can never even stand Umar's voice let alone his person. Why won't I refer to such lies as crazy? A true hadith from the Prophet is hadith Nabi!

# Why are you shy quoting authentic ahadih to butress Quranic argument? You might be doing more harm than good faah. The fact that the author of this thread is a Christian does not mean you cannot quote ahadith of the Prophet. This is Islam forum.

Ahadith are even more surf on the internet. It seems to me you are scared to get battered by some "crazy lies" called hadith, about the Prophet.

balash:

# To forget something in a blip is not issue here, brother. We talk about mistakes and sins in all matters - Religious, social, moral etc.

# Nabi salallahu alayhi wa Ahli's perfection and infallibility is nothing other than perfection of faith. Quran verse of purification testified to Nabi and his household's absolute purification from whatever you can ever think of.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by balash(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
AlBaqir:

# Any lies attributed to the holy Prophet can easily be exposed by the holy Quran. I tag those lies as "crazy". Quran says Shaitan can never ever sway or near the devoted ones. A lie called hadith says Shaitan once disturbed the salat of the Prophet to the extent of getting physical, and other times Shaitan used to be present with the Prophet whereas another lie called hadith says Shaitan can never even stand Umar's voice let alone his person. Why won't I refer to such lies as crazy? A true hadith from the Prophet is hadith Nabi!

# Why are you shy quoting authentic ahadih to butress Quranic argument? You might be doing more harm than good faah. The fact that the author of this thread is a Christian does not mean you cannot quote ahadith of the Prophet. This is Islam forum.

Ahadith are even more surf on the internet. It seems to me you are scared to get battered by some "crazy lies" called hadith, about the Prophet.

# To forget something in a blip is not issue here, brother. We talk about mistakes and sins in all matters - Religious, social, moral etc.

# Nabi salallahu alayhi wa Ahli's perfection and infallibility is nothing other than perfection of faith. Quran verse of purification testified to Nabi and his household's absolute purification from whatever you can ever think of.

Your claims are like you shooting yourselves in the leg, I have no problem with everything else I just want you to understand yes the Prophet made a mistake that's so he can be placed and known as human and not immortal that's just what am talking about simply and the other issue like calling one hadith Crazy is uncalled for in Islam, if you don't believe in some people's ways in Islam you don't condemn them, you only correct if you see they going astray in dealings not been so insultive like calling your brother in Islam work on propagation of Islam as 'Crazy'

And the issue about the author is just that he is not a muslim and he was the one who asked the questions so if we must respond at least we should do it in layman's method so it would be easier for him to understand not quoting an hadith that we only Muslims knows how to reach and get through, his reasons for asking the question is so that we all can be enlightened so let's do his biddings as stipulated

Walaykum Salaam Waramotulah Wabarakatul
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
This thread was going on smoothly into you started your nonsense again. This is not about you and in case you have forgotten, most Muslims in this thread will never agree to what you have to say. Stop trolling !

AlBaqir:

4 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
daretodiffer:
This thread was going on smoothly into you started your nonsense again. This is not about you and in case you have forgotten, most Muslims in this thread will never agree to what you have to say. Stop trolling !

# Will you be kind enough to spell out my nonsense?!

# Do I ever claim or pose as if this thread is about me?!

So many accusations from you guys. Courtesy demands that you discuss or argue with wisdom, good manners and sound exhortations. A christian opened this thread obviously with a motive not known to anybody. You can only guess. However when I see errors in some replies from my brethren (which the Christian author will definitely use against you), then I find it right to correct. You or anyone do not need to embrace my opinion(s), even if it is dished out from Quran or sahih hadith. "There is no force in deen, for truth stands out clear from error"

# For the record, Albaqir doesn't seek audience or followership as you people do which make you tensed up when other opinions different from yours are stated. People are not stupid to analyse various views.

2 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
Who doesnt know S.eun's motives? I have been watching how they are trying so hard to impress the op. Na their businessundecided

The ‘errors' are errors to you and your cohorts and but not to the majority of Muslim (Sunni Muslims) Nigeria and on Nairaland. It is either you keep your superior knowledge to yourself or quote the op directly, Let the other guy be please?undecided
AlBaqir:

# Will you be kind enough to spell out my nonsense?!

# Do I ever claim or pose as if this thread is about me?!

So many accusations from you guys. Courtesy demands that you discuss or argue with wisdom, good manners and sound exhortations. A christian opened this thread obviously with a motive not known to anybody. You can only guess. However when I see errors in some replies from my brethren (which the Christian author will definitely use against you), then I find it right to correct. You or anyone do not need to embrace my opinion(s), even if it is dished out from Quran or sahih hadith. "There is no force in deen, for truth stands out clear from error"

# For the record, Albaqir doesn't seek audience or followership as you people do which make you tensed up when other opinions different from yours are stated. People are not stupid to analyse various views.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
What personally attracted me to Islam after a long journey...

1. Its uncompromising concept of monotheism.

2. Its call to intellectualism and individual search for knowledge and understanding.

3. Direct access to the Creator without requiring any intermediaries in our supplications, acts of worship and our charitable actions.

4. Evidential, objective basis of historically authentic sources on which its practices and teachings are based, added to the beautiful eloquence of the perfectly transmitted Quran.

5. Practical and morally upright rules for living, which, with a little thinking, can be shown to possess logically and scientifically proveable benefits derivable from following its tenets in almost all cases. Those negligible few tenets without presently discernible benefits can be easily explained by our deficient logical and scientific knowledge. The perfectly adaptable rules also show their Divine origin by being capable of being molded so as to apply to any possible situation, historical or modern, enabling us to follow Allah's law in any situation or condition.

6. The impeccable character of the prophet Muhammad (ﷺ), which conforms with the narrative of his having been chosen by our Creator to relate the message of salvation.

7. The confidence it inspires in its knowledgeable adherents that they are on the right path. There is no pertinent question concerning our purpose and objective that Islam does not address.

8. Last but not least, the peace that I found after I started practicing its tenets. There is no position more restful like being in a state of prostration to Allah facing the qiblah while praising Him. There has never been a moment for me more joyful than the first awestruck five minutes when I found myself on the treshold of the tawaf courtyard, facing the Kaaba directly, all else forgotten. I have never felt more relieved than when I pay my zakat at year's end. And finally, I never feel stronger or more focused on my spirituality than when I am fasting in Ramadhan or any of the sunnah fasts.

All these experiences have served to convince me of the finality of my search for the Truth, which I have found in Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
gensteejay:

You are right. There are haadith that talk about few mistakes of the noble prophet while observing prayers and how Allah revealed steps to correct them. This is what brought about the concept of prostration of forgetfulness in Islam.

Will you be kind enough to quote those ahadith and how Allah revealed steps to correct such mistakes?

# Such ahadith can be punctured and exposed as lies with a stroke of infallible evidence. Does Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli ever or used to make mistakes in his salat? Mistakes in salat or any other ibaadat is usually caused by lack of concentration or influence of Shaitan.

"So, woe to those worshippers
Who are unaware of (the spirit of) their Prayers
{surah al-Ma'un: 4-5}

If you fully understand the spirit of salat and the perfection of faith of Nabi, then he salallahu alayhi wa ahli will be the last person to attribute mistakes to during salat.

gensteejay:

To butress my point, the prophet stated "I am a human being and forget like you forget. If I forget, remind me."

Kindly post the "hadith" with its source(s) and grading.

Here's the infallible Quran: Sura Al-Jumu‘ah: 2

"He is the One Who sent a (Glorious) Messenger amongst the ummi people from amongst themselves who recites to them His Revelations and cleanses and purifies them (outwardly and inwardly) and teaches them the Book and wisdom. Indeed, they were in open error before. "

Let me quote one hadith to explain to you what masoomin - infallible person is in the word of the Prophet:

It was narrated from Abu Saeed that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Allah never sends a prophet or appoints a Khalifah but he has two groups of advisers: A group that tells him to do good and a group that tells him to do evil and urges him to do it. And the one who is truly protected (وَالْمَعْصُومُ ) is the one who is protected by Allah, the Mighty and Sublime."

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 4202
In-book reference : Book 39, Hadith 54
English translation : Vol. 5, Book 39, Hadith 4207
www.sunnah.com/nasai/39

So, what we say is that Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa ahli was a masoom (infallible). Quran and various ahadith testified to this fact. His faith is the most perfect therefore Allah gave him yaqeen and protected him in his speeches, his dealings, his actions, his thinking and whatever you can ever think of.

Observe this does not make him "a god" rather we have an example of human perfection in him. In fact the goal of creation is human perfection which every man strive to achieve.

# Imagine how Allah describe Nabi E'esa and Maryam: Both are pure, spotless and saints. We Muslims however claim our Prophet is (was) greater than them yet we believe he sinned, made series of mistakes as documented by various bogus ahadith. So, how exactly was his greatness over these saints especially in human perfection which is the goal of creation?!

gensteejay:

So the prophet was not perfect that he wouldn't forget, but was of excellent character. He never made mistakes that a typical man makes for he was always divinely guided by Allah through Angel Gabriel.

But you just said he makes mistakes in his salat! Aren't common man do the same?

gensteejay:

Allah, in his Infinite Wisdom, never sent an angel as a prophet to teach humans his laws; He always sent a man so that the followers of such a prophet will be guided gradually and practically.

I agree with you however your intent contradicts your submission.

# @underlined, The followers are to be guided gradually by correcting their mistakes and teach them righteousness. And the followers are to be guided practically by following the everyday step of the Prophet.

gensteejay:

We, as followers of prophet Muhammad, learn from the weaknesses that Allah permitted in him and the means of correcting them. Through our noble prophet, we know the prayers to recite when in times of fear, of hunger, of sickness, of afflictions by evil jinns and sorcery.

Now the discussion expands from sins, mistakes to weaknesses.

# Weaknesses like? Fear, afflictions by Jinns and sorcerers? Subhan'Allah!

Do you mean Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli used to fear? Fear what exactly?

And do you mean Jinns and sorcerers afflicted the Prophet? How exactly please?

Obviously you have left the ma'rifat of the Prophet as explained by the Quran and embrace bogus ahadith in knowing him.

gensteejay:

An example: when a wicked Jew gave the prophet a poisoned food causing him to fall sick and forget things strangely. To cut this story short, Allah revealed two surahs (chapters) which are Falaq and Nas to cancel all the effects of sihr (black magic) on him.

From that happening, we Muslims know the power of those Quranic verses and several others against witchcraft and black magic.

First, its like you've muddled up everything here. The story attached to surah Falaq and Nas is that of a witch that tied knots with black magic to affect Nabi. She threw those knots into well. To however insinuate that the sihr affected him in anyway, that is what killed the story.

Second, about the Jewish woman that poisoned the meat ate by Nabi, that's another story entirely. Nabi ate the meat and nothing happened to him.

gensteejay:

The Qur'an and prophet's Sunnah were never affected by the human nature of the prophet as regards making mistakes and forgetfullness. During his lifetime, Allah used to revise the revealed parts of the Qur'an for prophet Muhammad through angel Gabriel. This occurred during Ramadhan. So the Holy Qur'an, just like Islam, is a perfect book of Allah.

In summary, your points are:

# Nabi never made mistakes in revealing Quran and Sunnah

# But he made mistakes and forgets in every other things.

So, are you saying apart from revealing Quran and Sunnah (where Allah constantly guided him), Nabi followed his self desires in doing other things apart from those two thereby his mistakes and forgetfulness are evident in such?

For your information brother, everything about Nabi - speech, action, thinking etc is in accordance with the guidance of his Lord! I hope you have read the popular hadith where his wife, Umm al-mu'minin Aisha described her husband as "walking and working Quran".
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by AlBaqir(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
daretodiffer:
Who doesnt know S.eun's motives? I have been watching how they are trying so hard to impress the op. Na their businessundecided

So, how is that my business that you are expressing your frustrations at me?

daretodiffer:

The ‘errors' are errors to you and your cohorts and but not to the majority of Muslim (Sunni Muslims) Nigeria and on Nairaland. It is either you keep your superior knowledge to yourself or quote the op directly, Let the other guy be please?undecided

# Majority? Sunni?! Majority in what? Aqeedah or fiqh?

Observe: My comments so far on this thread is centered around the personality of the Prophet. Mistakes, sins and inequalities are ascribed to him. This is what I reject. My presentations are not ambiguous or hidden from view. And I have never begged or force anybody to accept my view. So, again I am baffled how different opinion continue to trouble your spirit. You can only keep my mouth shut by counter my submissions.

# "Superior knowledge"? Where does that come from? Sister, hatred, anger, envy torn up peaceful heart and turn senses to insensible. Do you think Islam section of Nairaland is meant for you "the Majority?" You "the majority" can easily open a blog where only your Aqeedah will be preached. This is an open blog!

Kindly avoid mentioning Albaqir if you have nothing better to say.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pele

AlBaqir:

So, how is that my business that you are expressing your frustrations at me?

# Majority? Sunni?! Majority in what? Aqeedah or fiqh?

Observe: My comments so far on this thread is centered around the personality of the Prophet. Mistakes, sins and inequalities are ascribed to him. This is what I reject. My presentations are not ambiguous or hidden from view. And I have never begged or force anybody to accept my view. So, again I am baffled how different opinion continue to trouble your spirit. You can only keep my mouth shut by counter my submissions.

# "Superior knowledge"? Where does that come from? Sister, hatred, anger, envy torn up peaceful heart and turn senses to insensible. Do you think Islam section of Nairaland is meant for you "the Majority?" You "the majority" can easily open a blog where only your Aqeedah will be preached. This is an open blog!

Kindly avoid mentioning Albaqir if you have nothing better to say.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by nnenneigbo(f): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun:

Your stories about how Prophet Muhammed reacted to the death of his children, and how he was nice to the guy who threw broken bottles unto his road, are inspiring. I can see how one would want to follow the religion of a man with such strength and maturity. One thing I've noticed about the muslim view of the Prophet Muhammed is that, while you respect him as the last Prophet, you recognize that he is a man, just like Jesus. Being a man, I'm thinking that he could not have been completely perfect. He must have made some mistakes, though not many.

As someone who has studied the life and character of Prophet Muhammed, and whose belief in Islam rests on this, you must have come across not only his great deeds but also his mistakes. Some things which he did that he should not have done, and which you would not emulate if you found yourself in the same situation. Can you describe 3 of them to us and tell us how it affected your faith when you came across them?

You will not find an answer to this questions. The demonic verses has been erased. He is now perfection lmao.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
sino:
First I must state that my being Muslim is as a result of Allah’s Mercies. As a Muslim, I must first acknowledge this profound blessing on me, for if Allah (SWT) had willed differently, I could have been anything except being a Muslim.

Be that as it may, I do have personal reasons for sticking with Islam. I haven’t studied all other religions in the world, but studying the Qur’an has helped me to understand what I need do to attain salvation.
Thanks for your response. Most of us came into religion that same way. How are you sure that the Quran is truly the word of God, though?

Not only that, if we look at the Abrahamic faith, Judaism and Christianity to be precise, they claim to be followers of Moses and Jesus respectively, fortunately, Islam talks about these religions, as well as the personalities they revere, this alone helps me understand that indeed, the religious personalities of these aforementioned religions were from the one true God who had also sent the last messenger to guide mankind to attain proper relationship with Him through the Qur’an and his teachings of the Qur’an.
How would you disprove the idea that the Prophet simply took the stories of those prophets from the bible and modified them for the Qur'an?

Other forms of religion that I had come across, especially traditionally, acknowledges the existence of GOD, but they have constituted partnership with this one true God, this is counterintuitive, for even in our worldly dispositions, we detest sharing authority, so how can associating partnership with the Creator be what the Creator intends especially in terms of worship?!

Not only that, these other religions happen to be as a result of a man, and therefore such religions are usually named after such men and in most cases such men are worshiped, instead of the Creator. Islam is distinct, and it is all encompassing. It deals with both worldly and spiritual affairs of man, Islam teaches how to recognize God as the one true God with no partners, He is self-sufficient, He begets not nor was He begotten, and there is none like unto Him (Q114:1-4).
Could your distaste for the Christian trinity doctrine be due to its condemnation by the religion you were brought up in, and nothing more?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun:

Your stories about how Prophet Muhammed reacted to the death of his children, and how he was nice to the guy who threw broken bottles unto his road, are inspiring. I can see how one would want to follow the religion of a man with such strength and maturity. One thing I've noticed about the muslim view of the Prophet Muhammed is that, while you respect him as the last Prophet, you recognize that he is a man, just like Jesus. Being a man, I'm thinking that he could not have been completely perfect. He must have made some mistakes, though not many.

As someone who has studied the life and character of Prophet Muhammed, and whose belief in Islam rests on this, you must have come across not only his great deeds but also his mistakes. Some things which he did that he should not have done, and which you would not emulate if you found yourself in the same situation. Can you describe 3 of them to us and tell us how it affected your faith when you came across them?

The Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) never does a thing without an inspiration from Allaah. There is no mistake bro, nothing I tell u!! Peace bro
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun:

We still cannot say he made mistake, everything he does, is a lesson for the whole of mankind till judgement day. An example is when he turned his back from the blind man who wanted to ask some matter about the deen(religion) bcuz he was with influential Quraish ppl.. This is a lesson for us. My point is, his mistakes are from Allaah to teach us...peace bro.

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun:

Interesting!

Can you share the bible verses that talk about the prophethood of Muhammad, and Hajj? I'm extremely interested because it's news to me!

Bro, I don't mean 2 raise eyebrows here tho. Muslims believe in the existence of Jinns(demon for the layman), and Quran has narrated many stories about them, aw dey perform magic, aw dey can deceive humans by destroying man and wife, giving power 2 man 2 perform miracles etc for wordly gains in the form of alfas(alu ifa) , babalawos,and if I may pastors too, we believe that only Allaah knows best, he knows the knowledge of the unseen, not some ppl who tel de wil cure the blind, de wil wake d dead etc, so he disbelieves in Allaah thus man ending with dem in the hellfire etc.
Bcuz dey see us from where we do not see dem, dat is why we av duroods(supplications) we read for every activity we do. My point here is, in Islam, we accept in d matter of our deen from authentic source, and telling me to blv in some who is engages in d use of the jinn in what he says or do, or writes, will be difficult or impossible to take the person serious.
Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
balash:

Beware of ALBAQIR, he's shia(khawaarij) . They are anti islaam. I'll prefer d non-muslim to them. Enemies within Islam.

1 Like

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

U dey mind this Albaqir(shia), ur hate for the sunnaah of rasul wil destroy u, and ur kind. Seek allaah's guidance man! He's always antiIslaam. Thank God u r taking less serious by the day.

Re: Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seun:

Thanks for your response. Most of us came into religion that same way. How are you sure that the Quran is truly the word of God, though?

Because there is not one contradiction in it, not one, they can only try, but to no avail. Also it talked about past, present, and future there, eg is the forming of the foetus in a woman, the direction the baby faces in the womb, big bang theory, about the two bodies of water, description of the sperm frm the time of. Forming wif the egg, to mention a few. You can argue all day, but this is pure GOLD. For someone who is unlettered nio.

How would you disprove the idea that the Prophet simply took the stories of those prophets from the bible and modified them for the Qur'an?

First all, he is unlettered, how can someone who is unlettered av the ability to read from the jews scriptures?! If he were to have modified them like other scriptures given to the nasaras(christians) and jews(yahuds), Jesus name was mentioned more than Muhammad, Maryam's name was metioned severally, if he were an imposter, he would av distorted it to fulfill his need, even the story of Moses was more detailed in it more... This to all and sundry is no lie from the prophet.

Could your distaste for the Christian trinity doctrine be due to its condemnation by the religion you were brought up in, and nothing more?

Trinity; I blv in one God, but they are 3, but they are 1, and so on and so forth??!?!?

(1) (2) (3)

The Death Of Prophet Mohammed - A Test of Prophethood / Does Ramadan Calm Muslims Down? / Shortening And Combining Prayers While Traveling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.