Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It (4733 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Attempts To Prove Facetime She Had With Apostle Suleman Is Real / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / MUST READ!! How I Figured Out Christianity Is Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by MrMontella(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2016
GiMngo:
The KING doesn't talk too much.... When you cross over to the other side you will understand. You think because a dust doesn't believe in HIM, HE will now start shaking.
It's your choice abeg. All praises to THE ANCIENT OF DAYS
lol he doesnt care about dust believing in him..
But if u dont believe in him..u spend eternity in hell..
Wake up
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by MrMontella(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Hahahahahahaaahaha...This is very very suspicious. Any other thing?
i believe the girl dey brain wash you ni..
The spirit should reveal something much more personal..not a general stuff...
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Ranchhoddas: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2016
MrMontella:
i believe the girl dey brain wash you ni.. The spirit should reveal something much more personal..not a general stuff...
Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by JohnAdeDavid(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
The firmament u claim its confusing is the sky...nd for the light which u claim sun is the source..He uses the sun nd moon to separate the day from night. He said let there be light cos there was darkness on the face of the earth so it is with the sun and moon God created made us know the season, days nd years
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Ranchhoddas: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pidggin where you dey now? What is the Spirit saying tonight?
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Pidggin(f): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Pidggin where you dey now? What is the Spirit saying tonight?

Hey was in prayer mode smiley

Please don't listen to the poster talking about brainwashing, I have no reason to do such.

The Spirit says you should stop doubting and believe. Don't stop being nice to people even though you might feel used, it has protected you from harm and kept your spirit pure.

The knowledge you seek may lead you into harms way especially if you unknowingly dabble into occult (this was why I said be careful yesterday) stay safe in God.
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Ranchhoddas: 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pidggin:

Please don't listen to the poster talking about brainwashing, I have no reason to do such.

The Spirit says you should stop doubting and believe. Don't stop being nice to people even though you might feel used, it has protected you from harm and kept your spirit pure.

The knowledge you seek may lead you into harms way especially if you unknowingly dabble into occult (this was why I said be careful yesterday) stay safe in God.

Alright I will. Thanks a lot. I'll be expecting another revelation tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and if I were to ask you how you came about this knowledge?
Could i also ask you how you can prove evolution? no offence
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Ranchhoddas: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Could i also ask you how you can prove evolution? no offence
Where have I mentioned evolution?
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by peacesamuel94(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:

Hi pls tell me, will I be admitted to my desired department
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Ranchhoddas: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin where are you? What is the word for today?
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Pidggin(f): 8:18am On Aug 27, 2016
peacesamuel94:
Hi pls tell me, will I be admitted to my desired department

Ask and you receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you (Matt. 7:1)

Pray
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by YANDE800(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lennycool:
God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah what ever name you or your religion refer as God is imaginary, most of the points presented here are drawn from the website http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm which offers a more detailed explanation, but that aside here are the main points that prove that God is imaginary.

1. Read the old testament: It is filled with a lot of barbaric acts which include rape, genocide and even slavery(Exodus chapter 21:32
Leviticus chapter 25:44
Genesis 6:17
Even new testament
Colossians chapter 3:22

that God specifically commanded the Israelite to commit, now why would a self proclaimed all loving father of humanity, allow or in some cases command his children to do these to other human beings regardless of the cause, there's are only two explanation, either God is okay with slavery, genocide, and rape in which case he would be psychopath and not a loving father or he didn't inspire these parts of the bible to be written, but if that's the case what other things in the bible isn't God's word and how would we know the difference.

2. Notice the delusion of prayer: in Matthew 17:20 Jesus says: for truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,'and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
if what Jesus says is the case then why is it anytime we pray for something completely impossible, no matter how selfless it is it never works. For example a devout christian could pray for all the starving children in the world to suddenly have food on their plate for the next one year and it would not happen, or you could pray for every cancer patient in the world to be miraculously healed and it would never happen. why? because God doesn't exist and prayer is an illusion, if you notice when you pray it mostly about things that have a lot or even a slight chance of happening on its own accord e.g you can pray to get a job you were interviewed for, or that you pass your exams now the odds for these happening are very high, even in the cases of miraculous healings for example someone being cured of cancer or some deadly illness. They chances of survival were never zero, let's say 20,000 people have a certain kind of cancer that leaves sufferers with a 10% chance of survival, now out of that 20,000 a handful survives and one of them is a christian who prayed, now he or she will immediately assume it was because if God and the media will report about the miraculous healing, not mentioning anything about the other 20,000 patients many of whom died, now if that sufferer had prayed that all 20,000 be healed it would not have worked because that would be impossible.
3.)Understand other historical Gods: The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages. We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we as a society have decided with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders. We reject all of the rituals and ceremonies of the Egyptian religion because there is no evidence of their gods' existence.
More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet society have decided with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. Mainline society is no longer building temples to these gods or worshiping them because there is no evidence for their existence. Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective. Thus we come to understand that he fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless. The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature: see these quotes from the Da Vinci code by Dan brown.
"The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions."*."Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."
we've all accepted that bother the gods of the Egyptians, Aztecs and romans were not real despite their various acts of belief, so what is different from today's religion.
4.) The delusion of faith: http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm This is actually to long to type but I implore you to read it as it is one of the main points given.
5.) Notice you never listen to Jesus: Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Luke 14:33Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.
Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:28-29 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Luke 9:23-25Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Do I even need to explain this read the full blog. I'm ready for questions and arguments.

GO AND WATCH THIS MOVIE ""GOD'S NOT DEAD"
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by peacesamuel94(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pidggin:

Ask and you receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you (Matt. 7:1)

Pray

OK thanks sir

1 Like

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by Judas2013: 9:04am On Aug 29, 2016
peacesamuel94:
[color=][/color][/color]

The language(English) with which you typed this was learnt from a book. in fact virtually all you know today can be linked to one book or the other. If you don't care about what a book said, then you are insinuating that you were born with all the knowledge you've possessed from the day of your birth till now.
[color=#000000]

The language(English) with which you typed this was learnt from a book. in fact virtually all you know today can be linked to one book or the other. If you don't care about what a book said, then you are insinuating that you were born with all the knowledge you've possessed from the day of your birth till now.

What about the books long before the bible, like the Dead Sea scrolls, Vedas who said their own gods created the world? Do you believe them too?
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by oaroloye(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
SHALOM!

CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

Lennycool:
God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah what ever name you or your religion refer as God is imaginary, most of the points presented here are drawn from the website http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm which offers a more detailed explanation, but that aside here are the main points that prove that God is imaginary.

1. Read the old testament: It is filled with a lot of barbaric acts which include rape, genocide and even slavery(Exodus chapter 21:32
Even new testament

that God specifically commanded the Israelite to commit, now why would a self proclaimed all loving father of humanity, allow or in some cases command his children to do these to other human beings regardless of the cause, there's are only two explanation, either God is okay with slavery, genocide, and rape in which case he would be psychopath and not a loving father or he didn't inspire these parts of the bible to be written, but if that's the case what other things in the bible isn't God's word and how would we know the difference.

2. Notice the delusion of prayer: in Matthew 17:20 Jesus says: for truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,'and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
if what Jesus says is the case then why is it anytime we pray for something completely impossible, no matter how selfless it is it never works. For example a devout christian could pray for all the starving children in the world to suddenly have food on their plate for the next one year and it would not happen, or you could pray for every cancer patient in the world to be miraculously healed and it would never happen. why? because God doesn't exist and prayer is an illusion, if you notice when you pray it mostly about things that have a lot or even a slight chance of happening on its own accord e.g you can pray to get a job you were interviewed for, or that you pass your exams now the odds for these happening are very high, even in the cases of miraculous healings for example someone being cured of cancer or some deadly illness. They chances of survival were never zero, let's say 20,000 people have a certain kind of cancer that leaves sufferers with a 10% chance of survival, now out of that 20,000 a handful survives and one of them is a christian who prayed, now he or she will immediately assume it was because if God and the media will report about the miraculous healing, not mentioning anything about the other 20,000 patients many of whom died, now if that sufferer had prayed that all 20,000 be healed it would not have worked because that would be impossible.
3.)Understand other historical Gods: The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages. We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we as a society have decided with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders. We reject all of the rituals and ceremonies of the Egyptian religion because there is no evidence of their gods' existence.
More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet society have decided with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. Mainline society is no longer building temples to these gods or worshiping them because there is no evidence for their existence. Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective. Thus we come to understand that he fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless. The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature: see these quotes from the Da Vinci code by Dan brown.
"The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions."*."Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."
we've all accepted that bother the gods of the Egyptians, Aztecs and romans were not real despite their various acts of belief, so what is different from today's religion.
4.) The delusion of faith: http://godisimaginary.com/i7.htm This is actually to long to type but I implore you to read it as it is one of the main points given.
5.) Notice you never listen to Jesus: Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Luke 14:33Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.
Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:28-29 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Luke 9:23-25Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Do I even need to explain this read the full blog. I'm ready for questions and arguments.

You have a load of misconceptions that you project onto The Bible.

You should quote Scriptures and show their relevance.

I have to go, as my tablet is out of power...
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by blueAgent(m): 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lennycool:

Even new testament

What a useless and baseless article. Clown you Apetheists should be writing articles on how Athiesms has benefitted mankind or you can write articles with facts and evidences to prove Evolution. instead you spend your time writing against Christanity becos i guess their is nothing to write about Evolution. it is all theories and fantasies. fool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by blueAgent(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
stephenmorris:
joseph1013:
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE CREATION ACCOUNT(S)

The bible contains 2 accounts of creation and both are quite contradictory. The first one is narrated in Genesis 1:1-31 and the second one is Genesis 2:4-25. The first account is what is popular with Christians and that is what I'll discuss.

It starts with the passage: "Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

This passage suggests that the whole universe (Earth and other heavenly bodies) was made at the same time and it was dark. This contradicts known facts about the Universe, as the Earth is about 4.6 billion years old and the Universe is about 13 billion years old. And so, the earth is much younger than the universe.

Going further down the narrative in the next couple of verses, Light was made next but the Sun wasn't made until Day 4. You have to wonder what this 'light' was since the only source of light for the earth is sunlight and then you also have to wonder how the days were counted since we count our days by the earth's rotation using daylight from the Sun. In other words, how were the first 3 days counted?

Moving on... The firmament was Created next. What is this? There's nothing like a firmament dividing the waters above(?) from the waters beneath the earth. This firmament thingy always confuses me. Explanations will be welcome in the comments section.

Next, Dry Land was created. This doesn’t make sense seeing as even if the earth was filled with water when made, the water would have been on land. In other words, land existed before water. No point having a special day to create land again.

Next, God made Plants before making the Sun. Another senseless narrative seeing as plants cannot possibly exist without the sun. In fact, life could not have existed BEFORE the Sun here on earth. The fact that the Sun only comes into play on the 4th day make nonsense of the whole creation story. Moving on...

Next, the sun and moon were made as light giving sources for night and day. But sadly, the moon is not a light source. The moon is a lifeless piece of rock that does not give it's own light. You would think the maker of the Universe would know this, No?

Next, he made the Stars also (as an afterthought?) "To give light upon the earth." Sadly, only a very tiny fraction of the billion billion 'Stars' can be visible from the earth and so their 'giving light' ability is severely limited in this regard. God no think this thing well o. Lol.

Next, he made animals and then Man. I wouldn't go into how it is an error to say Whales were made before Reptiles (that would be being too pedantic). In verse 27, it appears that 'Man' represented both male and female as they were made together and yet in the next chapter, the woman was made (again?) from the rib of man. Confusing sturvs, lol.

All in all, as a factual account of the origin of the universe, this creation story fails woefully BUT if taken as nothing more than Jewish folklore at par with other creation stories from different cultures around the world, it makes for interesting literature. The maker of the Universe should know how the Universe was made. This story couldn't have been inspired by It, Ergo the Bible has already failed from its first chapter as being a divinely inspired book.

Fool is the Bible a Science Book? the purpose of the Bible is to guide Man to his maker( God). and not to explain every detials about the Universe .God is too big to answer all your stupid questions.
Scondly Science is an area of study just like humanities,Social Sciences and other proffessions. using Science as the yard stick to prove if God exists or not. is like a fool using Economics to understand and treat Malaria. they are two different fields that cannot be rationalized in labs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by blueAgent(m): 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
JohnAdeDavid:
If there is any of you guys here claiming God isn't real how would u explain a sick patient diagnosed with Hiv-Aids, a disease without cure being free from it thereafter...The answer is GOD IS REAL...

I wonder. this fools should go to a native doctors house and slap him and ask him if their are gods. fools would never dear to do this. they only rant on Nairaland. Cowards.
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by felixomor: 2:03am On Sep 12, 2016
blueAgent:

Fool is the Bible a Science Book? the purpose of the Bible is to guide Man to his maker( God). and not to explain every detials about the Universe .God is too big to answer all your stupid questions.
Scondly Science is an area of study just like humanities,Social Sciences and other proffessions. using Science as the yard stick to prove if God exists or not. is like a fool using Economics to understand and treat Malaria. they are two different fields that cannot be rationalized in labs.

Absolutely on point!

Outstanding!
Re: God Is Not Real: Facts To Prove It by lepasharon(f): 5:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Honestly, these religious back and forth arguments get tiring sometimes...and I'm not even religious.

I just wish there was no race, no religion and we could all get along.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Duality Nature Of Jesus Christ / Post books That Will Boost our Spiritual Life here / Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.