Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

What Men Really Want From Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Really Want From Marriage (4403 Views)

This Is What Men Suffer / What Men Feel After Divorce? / What Men Should Never Do To Their Woman(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by raumdeuter: 6:11am On Aug 25, 2016
The OP is very right
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Ewuro4: 6:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Re: OP's opening post.... Only unserious man/woman will expect his/her spouse to remain the same in as he/she was while dating, be it physically or even mentally.
Physically meaning; that lepa chick you dated will eventually add weight after 1-4 children. Or that built guy will maintain his six packs after 45.
Mentally meaning; stress and clumsy train of thought as opposed to less worry when both of yous were single with less obligations.

Truth is; life change in every aspect after you tie that knot. You have more responsibility and priority change from what it were.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Gloriagee(f): 8:38am On Aug 25, 2016
I couldn't have said this better! grin All attempts to eat out usually fall flat

Ewuro4:

Men just love food. They prefer home cooked than a five star restaurant meal any day. I don't get it
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2016
freecocoa:
That's good for you my friend, may your days be filled with delicious chows.grin

Thank you. Thank you. Truly appreciated grin
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Ewuro4:

The quality of good Naija men are getting brittle by the hr , lord help upcoming generation.

This is especially interesting considering that more women are getting "empowered" by the day. Aren't these women failing to raise their sons in the right way. I say women because most Nigerian men are naturally "misogynistic" the closer to generations past they are.

If women who lived in the thick of the Nigerian patriarchy raised "better" men, going by your comment, the mothers of this generation should hold their heads in shame. Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Summary: Men want to eat and to bleep. grin

I refuse to believe that all men are so simple.

And I wonder why some people chose to marry when marriage - according to them - has made their lives more difficult.

I am happy to say that my experience is different.

3 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Lordkylie(f): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
Timbuktuo:

This is especially interesting considering that more women are getting "empowered" by the day. Aren't these women failing to raise their sons in the right way. I say women because most Nigerian men are naturally "misogynistic" the closer to generations past they are.

If women who lived in the thick of the Nigerian patriarchy raised "better" men, going by your comment, the mothers of this generation should hold their heads in shame. Just saying.
maybe they didnt get enough good examples from their fathers? Let's not forget that fathers have a very important role too
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Lordkylie:
maybe they didnt get enough good examples from their fathers? Let's not forget that fathers have a very important role too
It is already established that the fathers are woeful. My question is why women who should know better aren't pulling their weight?

3 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Lordkylie(f): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
Timbuktuo:

It is already established that the fathers are woeful. My question is why women who should know better aren't pulling their weight?
not all fathers just an appalling majority.Women are pulling their weight(most)but without input from men that's why weare here.If takes two to create,it should take two to raise.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Lordkylie:
not all fathers just an appalling majority.Women are pulling their weight(most)but without input from men that's why weare here.If takes two to create,it should take two to raise.
Some might disagree, they'd even say a vast majority of fathers are woeful. Furthermore, men aren't really necessary in the life of a child; maybe except for financial contributions. As studies will show(?), children from single parent households do just as well as children from a traditional one. The problem isn't women pulling their weight, the question is if they're pulling in the right direction.

In African culture, the Yoruba version at least, they say good children belong to the father and wayward ones to their mothers. You know why? Fathers are generally more about discipline, women tend to be less so and sentimental raising kids.

More and more, women are getting more empowered in Africa, including over the children. Yet, women are complaining that kids are getting worse. Hmm... The mind boggles.
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Lordkylie(f): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Some might disagree, they'd even say a vast majority of fathers are woeful. Furthermore, men aren't really necessary in the life of a child; maybe except for financial contributions. As studies will show(?), children from single parent households do just as well as children from a traditional one. The problem isn't women pulling their weight, the question is if they're pulling in the right direction.

In African culture, the Yoruba version at least, they say good children belong to the father and wayward ones to their mothers. You know why? Fathers are generally more about discipline, women tend to be less so and sentimental raising kids.

More and more, women are getting more empowered in Africa, including over the children. Yet, women are complaining that kids are getting worse. Hmm... The mind boggles.
getting empowered doesnt equate neglecting your kids and no1 is holding men back,stp bein cynical nd lets stop derailing
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Timbuktuo: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
Lordkylie:
getting empowered doesnt equate neglecting your kids and no1 is holding men back,stp bein cynical nd lets stop derailing

I can't not be cynical. I'm a misogynist. My thoughts are naturally garbage.

The uncynical me, however? Women are raising their children to be androgynous. Hence, you can hardly get manly men and feminine women. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2016
marriage is what u mk out of it Every marriage is unique and so the challenges
Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by Seahawk: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2016
byvan03:
Respect isn't the same as submission.

1 Like

Re: What Men Really Want From Marriage by MicroBox: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2016
I am giving kudos to all the women in our world, wonderful and amazing species.
What amaze me most is how women abandoned their feelings to satisfy their spouses.
They will abandoned their taste for food to cook exactly how you want it..
They will try to sexually satisfy you even though they are not in the mood.
They will want to dress the way you like it.
After cooking and they realized that you are hungry more than expected, they will stylishly leave the food for you claiming not to have appetite.
All the aforementioned are natural instincts and has nothing to do with the man being the head of the family but just a compassionate heart of a woman.
That quality of women is really thrilling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung 49" 4k Hdr Ultra Hd Smart Tv / I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself? / Must I Always Be The One To Initiate Sex With My Wife,advise Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.