Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Help! Is she double dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Is she double dating? (2023 Views)

Poll: Is she double dating?

Yes: 80% (4 votes)
No: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

This Is What You Should Do When You Are Double Dating- Photo / Double Dating. / Trouble In Double Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2009
I need a quick answer/advice to this puzzle. I went visiting my gf(girlfriend) and we got talking, she told me how she met her long time friend (male). She tod me they actually dated and called him by name Akeem. That name got stuck in my head. She told me the guy is now married bla, bla, bla, the exchange numbers which I think was a normal thing.

A few days later (yesterday) she came to my house and as I was surfing the internet on the black berry phone I gave her as a birthday present, a call came in , she stored the number of the caller as " AK   S heart". Her middle name starts with an "S" and AK could mean Akeem. When the ringing stopped, I checked the number of the said Akeem I stored on my phone and noticed that it is the same number that called her phone. A lot went through my head, With this I must confess that I feel she is double dating.

Nairalanders, what do u think?
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Shola2009(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2009
I think ,what you don't wont hurt you! forget about the whole thing ma frend!!
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by desthan(m): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
me think you just got chopped and screwed grin
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by phraoh(m): 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2009
Wat if it was Akeem jes kallin to sae hi,
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by omega25red(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
Dude you need to confront her in a non aggressive manner. Let her know about your insecurities and go from there. Note it might back fire because she would get angry that you don't trust her but let her know whats running through your mind that's the only way you will sleep at night.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2009
Damoche10:

I need a quick answer/advice to this puzzle. I went visiting my gf(girlfriend) and we got talking, she told me how she met her long time friend (male). She tod me they actually dated and called him by name Akeem. That name got stuck in my head. She told me the guy is now married bla, bla, bla, the exchange numbers which I think was a normal thing.

A few days later (yesterday) she came to my house and as I was surfing the internet on the black berry phone I gave her as a birthday present, a call came in , she stored the number of the caller as " AK S heart". Her middle name starts with an "S" and AK could mean Akeem. When the ringing stopped, I checked the number of the said Akeem I stored on my phone and noticed that it is the same number that called her phone. A lot went through my head, With this I must confess that I feel she is double dating.
Could be but don't act on it, ur evidence is not stronge enough, unfortunately u have got urself  in a mess, meaning u will struggle to trust her again. Just try to keep an open mind abt it.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by freeview(f): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2009
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2009
Sorry, I forgot to add this, the last muslim break we had I gave her some dough (Money) for her hair do, actually I always do that without her even asking for it, she told me she gave it to this guy because the guy was in a mess (flat broke) and needed help. I didn't respond to her statement because i ain't a bank that would be milked dry but I must admit she knew I was pissed. Manner wise she is anything you want in a woman, but she is fucking ( sorry to use that word) with my brains right now,
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by galatico(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2009
I think she is double dating!!!
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2009
Hunny you are insecure. Just confront her non-aggressively and let her know you are not happy with her being overly friendly with her ex ask her if she would like it if you had your ex calling you and asking for money.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by r231(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2009
ask her and see how she respond or what she says den take it from there
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2009
Ebonyeyes,

Thanks for the advice. That is exactly what I am gonna do. She is having da feelings that I am changing towards her cos I received a text message not a while ago that I was full of life when she was around me yesterday and afterwards I grew "cold feet " towards her. I haven't replied cos I want her to look at me straight in the eye to tell me what she has to. Did I show her too much love?

Thanks once again
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
I think you should reply the txt and let her know all is well. Next time you meet just spring up the question and watch how she behaves.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by pinkylady1(f): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2009
you should have just ask her that minute and get it over with than you keeping it and hurting your self
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2009
If I reply the text, what are the options for me. To be honest with you, I don't know what to even write.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2009
Pinky lady,
I wanted to be sure of what I would be accusing her of before confronting her was the reason why I kept mute.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by pop247(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
Damoche10:

Sorry, I forgot to add this, the last muslim break we had I gave her some dough (Money) for her hair do, actually I always do that without her even asking for it, she told me she gave it to this guy because the guy was in a mess (flat broke) and needed help. I didn't respond to her statement because i ain't a bank that would be milked dry but I must admit she knew I was pissed. Manner wise she is anything you want in a woman, but she is fucking ( sorry to use that word) with my brains right now,

@ poster. with d sentence in bold letters above, u need no jupiter to tell u dat sumtin is going b/w ur gf and her ex. its left 4 u to find out. i have been into similar case b4 and it wasnt funny. i undastand hw u feel and am telling u out of experience. instead of going openly in a non-aggressive way 2 ask her which u know she will deny y dont u play with her intelligence. weneva she cums around center ur discussion with her on ur ex and see how she react. if she reacts negative then indirectly tell her about ur concern ova her actions, but if she reacts positively, then discuss it with her. try to be unpredictable to her and see how it works.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by erametic: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2009
why now,dont u trust her if u trust her u we nt suspect her so think of it.and did u luv her.if u truelly luv her so do smthing.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by ebila(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2009
@poster,
Just give it a while.Study her and critically examine her behavious b4 dis guy came into d picture n see whether there's a change.If there is,then somefin might be wrong,else,just keep enjoyin' ur relationship.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by ayomifull(f): 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2009
She may, she may not but one sure fact is she still have some strong feelings for that guy. I can definitely assure you of that because it happended to me, let her into your worries about it and if she loves you believe me she'll adjust just like i did.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Czarskit(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2009
Damoche10:

A few days later (yesterday) she came to my house and as I was surfing the internet on the black berry phone I gave her as a birthday present, a call came in , she stored the number of the caller as " AK   S heart". Her middle name starts with an "S" and AK could mean Akeem. When the ringing stopped, I checked the number of the said Akeem I stored on my phone and noticed that it is the same number that called her phone. A lot went through my head, With this I must confess that I feel she is double dating.

That translates as "Akeem Sweet Heart". . . Sorry though. embarassed
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 10:55am On Oct 02, 2009
Thanks guys for your reply. I did confront her and do u know what she went straight on her knees and started begging. She had nothing to say. I am going to study her more and it is like I don't even know her well enough. I have made a decision which is she can never ever know my next move. The more she was begging the more I c the lies. I have gotten over that saga but I don't think I can trust her again. She knows this very well. My fingers are crossed cos she is taking me out for dinner today. Actually, this is the first time she is taking me out, she told me she has alot to tell me , I hope what she has to tell me is realy worth it.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2009
Czarskit (m),

Bingo! that is the word, oh my God! Thanks man.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by r231(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
whatever you do don't cheat on her to get even with her if what she is going to tell you at dinner doesn't matter to you let her knw don't pay evil with evil pls
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by pcicero(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Hunny you are insecure. Just confront her non-aggressively and let her know you are not happy with her being overly friendly with her ex ask her if she would like it if you had your ex calling you and asking for money.
I have a similar experience. But you ladies are fond of over protecting your other male friends. How do you say it that it would not hurt? How would you say it without overtly accusing her of being unfaithful? It's difficult coping with women especially when they have this unusual fondness for boyfriends at the expense of their lovers. Some will even accuse you of suffering from complex, imagine.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by lagosboy3(m): 12:01am On Oct 04, 2009
@Damoche
I'm not suggesting anything but the evidence so far is crying "affair". Obviously, this her ex is just someone she hasn't been able to get over. Which is unfortunate considering that he is now married (or supposedly married).

Frolicking with an ex is just not a healthy way to go in a relationship. And now that you are already doubting her faithfulness, it'll be hard for you to trust her in the future.

No matter how open minded we ought to be and not suspect our partner's every step in a relationship, such coziness with exes should not be condoned.

I would love to read how all these get played out at the end of the day. Best of luck.
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by JCzAr(m): 12:37am On Oct 04, 2009
[Quote author=Damoche10] A few days later (yesterday) she came to my house and as I was surfing the internet on the black berry phone I gave her as a birthday present, a call came in , she stored the number of the caller as " AK S heart". Her middle name starts with an "S" and AK could mean Akeem. When the ringing stopped, I checked the number of the said Akeem I stored on my phone and noticed that it is the same number that called her phone. A lot went through my head, With this I must confess that I feel she is double dating.

Nairalanders, what do u think?[/Quote]

Easy mathematics. It means Akeem Sweet Heart
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2009
Friends, thanks for your support and I quickly have to let you guys know what happened at the dinner. We went to a fast food joint and afterwards took me to a pub. But at the dinner she was telling me all about how they met bla bla bla and that she made a serious mistake about storing that name the way she did and that she didn't know what went into her to act the way she has done, By the end of the day she said she is afraid that I would use that event to act badly to her and that I have realy changed towards her since the past few days bla bla bla. But the bottom line is that it is over with the said Akeem guy. I sat numb but told her by the end of the gist that for this relationship to work we both have to be committed. That was on friday. She wanted to stay over at my place but I insisted dropping her off at her residence so as to make her have a rethink of what we have discussed. I realy did enjoy myself cos I wasn't the one doing the spending this time around. I give her kudos for this!

On saturday, she came over to my place while I was doing some paperwork I took home from the office. We sat at the sofa and was talking and guys guess what, she wants us to take our relationship to the next level, "HELL NO" my mind told me. I need to trust her cos she has undermine my trust. She still talked about this guy and I wonder why the guy's name keeps poping up.

D
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2009
Friends, thanks for your support and I quickly have to let you guys know what happened at the dinner. We went to a fast food joint and afterwards took me to a pub. But at the dinner she was telling me all about how they met bla bla bla and that she made a serious mistake about storing that name the way she did and that she didn't know what went into her to act the way she has done, By the end of the day she said she is afraid that I would use that event to act badly to her and that I have realy changed towards her since the past few days bla bla bla. But the bottom line is that it is over with the said Akeem guy. I sat numb but told her by the end of the gist that for this relationship to work we both have to be committed. That was on friday. She wanted to stay over at my place but I insisted dropping her off at her residence so as to make her have a rethink of what we have discussed. I realy did enjoy myself cos I wasn't the one doing the spending this time around. I give her kudos for this!

On saturday, she came over to my place while I was doing some paperwork I took home from the office. We sat at the sofa and was talking and guys guess what, she wants us to take our relationship to the next level, "HELL NO" my mind told me. I need to trust her cos she has undermine my trust. She still talked about this guy and I wonder why the guy's name keeps poping up.

D
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2009
Waiting in anticipation for ur views,
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by r231(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
if you still love her then try and forgive her clear your mind and move on from the past
Re: Help! Is she double dating? by Damoche10: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
I have forgiven her already but why is the guy's name keeps poping out of her mouth, she is boring me with the guy's name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Be Sincere (virgins Beware!) / 4 Painful Things That Usually Happen To Romantic Naija Men / Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.