Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33992 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
Damn. pass Map

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
Neymar1095:
EDERSON for Man City : Games: 7 Clean
sheets: 5 Goals conceded: 2 Average pass
success: 84%

What? 84% pass success. That is amazing.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Neymar1095:
Damn. pass Map

This is a gold mine. Impressive.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
In Spain it was Messi and "The False 9". In Germany it was Lahm and the 2-3-5. In England .it's De Bruyne and "The Free 8". Pep is a tactical genius.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Love him, hate him or call him "overrated", this man is taking football to a whole new dimension. Fact.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hope Mendy is fit. Can't see it though. Daft challenge by him today! Not sure what he was thinking when he did that.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
I'm already thinking about Chelsea tbh. Very confident about Shakhtar. Very pleased that Chelsea play a day later than us and against Atletico away. So a good chance we are sharper than they are next Saturday.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
If you look at the pattern how Pep has picked Aguero and Jesús and when he’s subbed them in games so far this season ...
Jesus is a starter and Aguero most likely on the bench, if he starts both, Jesús probably will finish the game but Aguero will be subbed early in second half, around an hour mark ...

Similarly Bernardo Silva will start this one as he did against Feyenoord in an advanced three up front role ... unless that card has been shown and Pep wants to surprise Shaktar with something else ...

But given we are at home and we played pretty attacking even away from home, I don’t expect Pep packing midfield etc. so still expect our usual open game ...

An early goal or two (just like Feyenoord) would settle everyone nicely ...

3 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sterling had just 7 goals last season in 29appearance. He already has 5 in 3matches. Pep i hail o

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Sane had 5goals in 20matches last season. He already has 3goals in 4matches already. Pep am still hailing.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
I love all of our attackers but Leroy might be growing into my favorite. Glad he was able to have such a great game with Low in attendance as well.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Neymar1095:
In Spain it was Messi and "The False 9".
In Germany it was Lahm and the 2-3-5. In
England .it's De Bruyne and "The Free 8".
Pep is a tactical genius.

Pep Guardiola is a tactical genius. Maybe the greatest in the history of the game. I have learnt so much this two seasons in City than I have in years watching football. He is brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Neymar1095:
I love all of our attackers but Leroy
might be growing into my favorite. Glad
he was able to have such a great game
with Low in attendance as well.

Sane has the passion and drive to become a key member of the squad and I expect him to keep improving. If Mendy can nit make it for the coming games, I hope Danillo comes to the game with force. He needs to work on hitting crosses with his left. I hope he is practicing.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Sane has the passion and drive to become a key member of the squad and I expect him to keep improving. If Mendy can nit make it for the coming games, I hope Danillo comes to the game with force. He needs to work on hitting crosses with his left. I hope he is practicing.
Am no so confident in Danilo playing left back at all. He always shifts to his right and pass the ball backwards like against Huddersfield. Delph played left back against crystal when he came on and o Boy am already loving it.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Neymar1095:

Am no so confident in Danilo playing left back at all. He always shifts to his right and pass the ball backwards like against Huddersfield. Delph played left back against crystal when he came on and o Boy am already loving it.

We will see Guardiola's solution to the problem because Mendy brings so much force on the left side of our play.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
On Danilo.
He wasn't effective going forward because he is right footed, and it's difficult to demand from a natural right footer to be effective going forward while playing on the left. If he plays on the right side, he's effective in both aspects of the game.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
City struck gold with Sane and Jesus. Any of them would cost 100M+ in the current market.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
Neymar1095:
I love all of our attackers but Leroy
might be growing into my favorite. Glad
he was able to have such a great game
with Low in attendance as well.
the boy was so insane yesterday
his speed is like flash
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rivals Next fixtures. including ours.

Man United 27-Sep CSKA Moscow (A) CL 30-Sep Crystal Palace (H) 14-Oct Liverpool (A) 18-Oct Benfica (A) CL 21-Oct Huddersfield (A) 24-Oct Swansea (A) LC 28-Oct Spurs (H) 31-Oct Benfica (H) CL 05-Nov Chelsea (A) 18-Nov Newcastle (H) 22-Nov Basel (A) CL

Man City 26-Sep Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL 30-Sep Chelsea (A) 14-Oct Stoke (H) 17-Oct Napoli (H) CL 21-Oct Burnley (H) 24-Oct Wolves (H) LC 28-Oct West Brom (A) 01-Nov Napoli (A) CL 05-Nov Arsenal (H) 18-Nov Leicester (A) 21-Nov Feyenoord (A) CL

Chelsea 27-Sep Atl. Madrid (A) CL 30-Sep Man City (H) 14-Oct Crystal Palace (A) 18-Oct Roma (H) CL 21-Oct Watford (H) 25-Oct Everton (H) LC 28-Oct Bournemouth (A) 31-Oct Roma (A) CL 05-Nov Man United (H) 18-Nov West Brom (A) 22-Nov Qarabag (A) CL

Spurs 26-Sep APOEL Nicosia (A) CL 30-Sep Huddersfield (A) 14-Oct Bournemouth (H) 17-Oct Real Madrid (A) CL 22-Oct Liverpool (H) 24-Oct West Ham (H) LC 28-Oct Man United (A) 01-Nov Real Madrid (H) CL 05-Nov Crystal Palace (H) 18-Nov Arsenal (A) 21-Nov Dortmund (A) CL

Liverpool 26-Sep Spartak Moscow (A) CL 01-Oct Newcastle (A) 14-Oct Man United (H) 17-Oct Maribor (A) CL 22-Oct Spurs (A) 28-Oct Huddersfield (H) 01-Nov Maribor (H) CL 04-Nov West Ham (A) 18-Nov Southampton (H) 21-Oct Sevilla (A) CL
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
I have not been as impressed with Chelsea as many in here. Losing to Burnley at home is abysmal whatever the circumstances and they were second best for long periods against an Arsenal side who were without their best player and lost both their away games prior to that. They will miss Costa, he would've broken open a game like Arsenal at home. Many of Chelsea's pre-Christmas victories were by 1 and through Costa and it remains to be seen if Morata can do the same.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
The respect for CFC stems from the fact that they are previous league winners that sold off their bad eggs and replaced them with younger players. Also, in Conte, they have a tactically-aware grinder of games who masks his defensive inclinations by encouraging his team to score more rather than closing up shop like his senior brother in United.

That said, having to chase many competitions like the FA Cup and UCL will weigh on his team and by extension the type of consistency they had last season enroute to winning the EPL. Adjusting to this new regimen is what would cause them to wobble.

But I would not judge them off the Burnley or AFC games especially the latter as AFC had all to play for considering their 2 previous away losses.

CFC will pose a different threat from what City has experienced thus far but they would have a very torrid time containing Pep's team to zero chances and them having a ton of their own. If this did not happen last term when Clichy and Sagna were liabilities, I doubt it would happen now with Danilo/Delph or Walker/Danilo i.e if Mendy does not recover in time.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
I can see Bernardo starting v Shaktar on Tuesday.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Champions League suits his game while he adjusts to the Premier League. I'd expect he'll start tomorrow instead of Sane
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
We're doing really well keeping our big hitters happy. When you see the likes of Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale etc leave the league, we've done well to keep Aguero, David etc for so long, and hopefully it will be the same with Kev, Jesus, Sané, Bernardo etc. Need to get Jesus on an improved deal asap!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is the only world class striker in the Premier League, says Thierry Henry

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is the only world class striker in the Premier League, says Thierry Henry.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
He should tuck in his Arsenal. Kane is too.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
City XI | Ederson. Walker, Stones, Aguero, De Bruyne, Delph, Sane, Silva (C), Fernandinho, Otamendi, G Jesus

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin AHHH DELPH AT LEFTBACK WHO NEEDS MENDY
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Eruditor: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mendy will not be back before Chelsea but Delph would put in a shift. Walker worried all first half but in the 2nd half he was the man. Shaktar were the first technical team City played all season and I am happy at the drill the team received before the Chelsea game.

Fernandinho was my MOTM. He was phenomenal!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
What is more pleasing is another clean sheet against a very good side (prob the best weve faced this season) yes it should have been at least 4 or 5 but job done

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Much improved in the second half and could have had more, great result Special mention to Delph who played really well at left back

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 14th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs PSG UCL (2 - 1) On 24th November 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.