Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33825 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
He completely did Conte today. Wiped the floor with him tactically, and Conte didn't have a clue how to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
obiorathesubtle:

Gabriel Jesus and his ever growing Importance..

I thought we'd miss Nacho very much, but the end has justified the means..

Nacho made a mistake leaving but I hope he finds another path to greatness. Working with this special set of players and managers every day on the field would have seen him grow fast in quality. See how Delph has transformed without playing regularly. The knowledge and understanding is very important.

Glad Gabby Jesus could help the team but I can not wait for us to return to a two striker system with Sane pairing Gabby Jesus upfront. This will give Gabby more room to cause havoc. Very impressed with Gabby Jesus work rate. His pressing of Courtious that almost led to a goal was amazing. What an exceptional hardworking player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Neymar1095:
He completely did Conte today. Wiped
the floor with him tactically, and Conte
didn't have a clue how to fix it.

I do not know if Guardiola was trying to run Conte paranoid because Pep was in control all through the game. What an amazing performance from the lad. Too impressive.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho made a mistake leaving but I hope he finds another path to greatness. Working with this special set of players and managers every day on the field would have seen him grow fast in quality. See how Delph has transformed without playing regularly. The knowledge and understanding is very important.

Glad Gabby Jesus could help the team but I can not wait for us to return to a two forward system with Sane pairing Gabby Jesus upfront. That will give Gabby more room to cause havoc. Very impressed with Gabby Jesus work rate. His pressing of Courtious that almost led to a goal was amazing. What an exceptional hardworking player.

Excellent talk.. The 2 man attack with Aguero's metamorphosis seems to be the most lethal around..

I'm happy for Nacho always, as a true cityzen

Everyone has improved in the team, you can't easily pick a weak link in the team, and that is on its own exceptionally brilliant!

Gabby and his contributions both in attack and defense can't be overemphasized..

David silva is still a wizard and getting even better with age..

Delph has surprised me a lot.. Last season wasn't all that good for him, and now he's an excellent makeshift LB, coupled with that fact that he provides such above average contributions from midfield; long range shots, excellent marking, and all that.. We might just be sitting on a gold mine..

Walker costs more than 50 in today's market..

I was so happy with the game today..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by GetHelpWorldwid: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2017
I've searched all over but found none...

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE (FPL) FOR JUST NIGERIAN CITYZENS

CRITERIA FOR JOINING:
1. FAN OF MANCHESTER CITY
2. NIGERIA AS COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE

League Name: The Cityzens [NG]
League Code: 5350548-1128950
Bounty: Monthly/Phase Winners: N500 (Airtime) T&C applied.
Season's Champion: TBD
Entrance Fee: Free (but restricted to ardent FPL Managers)
Maximum Entrants: 1894 Managers
Twitter: @FPLCityzensNG
Telegram: /FPL_TheCityzensNG
Sponsors: None

League Scoring begins Gameweek 8 After the international break, Fair enough To accommodate FPL first timers.

N/B: Don't join if you don't meet the Criteria, you'll be comoted.

..:We Are the Cityzens:..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sane has the fastest sprint in premier league history.
I so Love this Boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by izzbshow(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2017
Exclusive fantasy league
Game week 8-11 only
Gameweek starting on 14th october to 5th of November.
No bench boost❌
No free hit❌
No tripple captain❌
Points would be thoroughly checked
Just 1k(#1,000)to join and the total money would be split between 1st and 2nd depending on the number of people who join the league... The code should nt be shared with other frnds... As there will be a whatsapp grp for those involved so as to have tags n evidence of paymnt n payout...
Note:only 20 players are needed.. .already have people in the group created already. Its just for fun and competition really.. . If you are good to go u can notify and drop ur numb. I would add you to the group on whatsapp straightway.. And u cn make your concerns known as well.. .
Only for people in Nigeria
Message me if interested privately
Whatsapp number
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Neymar1095:
Sane has the fastest sprint in premier league history.
I so Love this Boy

Unbelievable. Jeez. How?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2017
Aguero back in train. I haven’t had one, but I understand that even a bruised rib hurts like Bleep. There’s no way on earth that Kun should be anywhere near that team. Even Napoli is a stretch. It’s good that he wants to play, but Pep should not let him be the judge of his fitness in this instance. And he won’t.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2017
------------Ederson
Walker-Stones-Mangala-Danilo
--------------Yaya
--------Silva--------KDB
Bernardo------------------Sane
------------Sterling
Bit of rotation,South American late returners get a rest with half an eye on Tuesday yet still a very strong side.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Neymar1095:
Aguero back in train. I haven’t had one, but I understand
that even a bruised rib hurts like Bleep.
There’s no way on earth that Kun
should be anywhere near that team.
Even Napoli is a stretch. It’s good that
he wants to play, but Pep should not
let him be the judge of his fitness in
this instance. And he won’t.

Let us see what happens but I agree with you that Aguero should not play too. Let him recuperate.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2017
Guardiola wins award

Manager of the Month for Pep Guardiola!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
'City are the best side'

Former Chelsea coach Gianluca Vialli reckons Chelsea are doing pretty well but that City look better.

“The transfer activities then improved and Antonio got the players that he wanted and he got a very good sequence of performances and results. They then lost to Manchester City which looks, in my opinion, like the best side in the Premier League this season.
Vialli to Goal

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kun: I'm ready

Sergio Aguero was on the training field yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Lavoca: 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
Neymar1095:
Aguero back in train. I haven’t had one, but I understand
that even a bruised rib hurts like Bleep.
There’s no way on earth that Kun
should be anywhere near that team.
Even Napoli is a stretch. It’s good that
he wants to play, but Pep should not
let him be the judge of his fitness in
this instance. And he won’t.
You won't give credit to the owner of this 'post'

or you want me to do some digging?
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 12:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Lavoca:
You won't give credit to the owner of this 'post'

or you want me to do some digging?
Where this One come from. Run into bush

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2017
OptaJoe ✔ @OptaJoe
17 - Pep Guardiola's Manchester City won all four @premierleague games in September, scoring 17 and conceding none. Awarded.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2017
"I'm disrespectful?" Guardiola responded, before looking down at his desk and shaking his head.

"I think Mauricio, for the times we've met each other and the times I spoke with him… maybe my English is not quite well.

"I never was disrespectful for my colleague in the press conference. Never.

"When I said 'Harry Kane's team' it was because of the fact Harry Kane was scoring a lot of goals. I know very well that Tottenham is not Harry Kane alone."

"I think last season, the guy who appreciated the way they play the most was me," he said. "When he lost against Chelsea in the [FA Cup] semi-final, I said it was incredible because Chelsea shot on target four times and scored four goals. Always I said Tottenham was one of the best teams.

"So I am really disappointed if he said that. I was never disrespectful in this period here about my colleagues.

"I respect a lot what Tottenham have done in the last two or three years, a lot of credit [to them] in the way they play and the way they show football in the Premier League – the way he proposes, always attacking. I said it many times, just review it.

"I give a lot of credit about Tottenham. Maybe you don't believe, but they are always a contender. Last season they finished better than us. That means a lot.

"But it's okay - I spoke many times with Mauricio – if he believes that."

"Maybe I should say 'Pochettino team' instead of 'Harry Kane's team'. I did it because he scored two goals more against Huddersfield and he got more with the national team," he added.

"I think Mauricio made a mistake. Never, never in my career was I disrespectful. Maybe I can answer when someone attacks my team or my club but I would never be disrespectful about what Mauricio and Tottenham did.

"What I said, I said. It's over, so that's all."

I certainly think Mauricio Pochettino overreacted. Guardiola is not the kind to disrespect his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2017
grin

Mauricio is buthurt

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
cheesy

Aguero on the bench..

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
De Bruyne is the best player in the league right now, don't care what you saying

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
We go kill people oo

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by EruditorII: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Neymar1095:
De Bruyne is the best player in the league
right now, don't care what you saying

Ofcourse they know. Even the one's that were arguing that Pep was misusing him.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Neymar1095(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
EruditorII:

Ofcourse they know. Even the one's that were arguing that Pep was misusing him.
Guess what we are still getting Sanchez in January..... WTF

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by EruditorII: 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Neymar1095:

Guess what we are still getting Sanchez in January..... WTF

Champion's league is the main prize and to liberate him from Wenger's (now mediocre) claws.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by obiorathesubtle: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
Had internet connection problems..

Should've posted earlier..

City played world class football today..
It's scary because we look like a very deep squad..

Pep is a genius. I repeat.. He's a genius..

We broke stoke.. Completely..

Both stoke goals were as a result of poor defending from Fabian delph.. I think he's starting to realize he's playing out of position.. Made a piss poor pass in the 2nd half as he read Sane's movement wrongly.. But he tried for most parts of the game..

But great game.

Bernardo got his first city goal and his celebration, I think he has really wanted this, looking forward to a goal and all.. Great stuff, enough confidence to move to the UCL

I watched Leroy sane and that boy is growing with every kick of the ball.. He's more hardworking and committed than sterling.. That freekick that just bruised the side netting.. I hope Pep makes a Messi out of sane..

And sterling looks more focused than ever in his entire career..

David silva had a brilliant game. You'd be surprised he's over 30

Kevin Debruyne.. There are no words.. That pass for Shane's goal.. Incredible stuff.. Had a 99.5% game all through..

I hope Kyle walker is okay.. Because Kyle walker on the right looks like 2 Right backs playing one position. grin.. Very smart guy.. He was never caught out of position..

And to think we didn't use Aguero, Kompany, or needed to play Jesus for 90mins to get this win..

This is a team to be proud of.. The football is brilliant, the team is happy, functional, and has deep quality... The goals are coming a lot, everyone is involved in the football, the work is shared amongst everyone, the goals are also shared amongst everyone.. It's so hard to pick a point man, mark him, and try to frustrate the entire team.. With this confidence.. I say bring on the Manchester Derby..

I dunno what Pep did but stones play is something else, so confident and amazing in today's game, I don't think he ever lost the ball, or made a wrong pass..

Manchester is blue
#cityzens

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
OptaJoe ✔ @OptaJoe
29 - Man City are the 1st top-flight team to net 29 goals in their first 8 league games of the season since Everton in 1894-95 (30).

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
32 - Since his Man City debut in September 2015, Kevin De Bruyne has provided 32 assists in the PL, more than any other player. Wizard. pic.twitter.com/XX749Wt48D
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) October 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54am On Oct 15, 2017
Simon Bajkowski ✔ @spbajko
Mark Hughes: "They've got genuine world class players. KDB is head and shoulders above any player in the Premier League in my view." #mcfc
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2017
Pep: "I cannot deny maybe today was the best performance since I arrived."
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Kevin De Bruyne ✔ @DeBruyneKev
Can't wait for my next 100 games! What a team performance...

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2017
Benjamin Mendy ✔ @benmendy23
De bruyne has more assists in one game than most of us in entire career too good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 3) On 1st April 2018 / Liverpool Vs AC Milan : UCL (3 - 2) - Live / Chelsea Vs Swansea (4 - 2) On 13th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.