Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,601 members, 7,851,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… (1821 Views)

Senate Okays Independent Candidature For Elections / I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / Nnamdi Kanu Attacks Bola Tinubu, Others Over ‘one Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by lamzybaby: 6:08am On Aug 25, 2016
Demands fairness, justice, equity

Ijaw National Congress, INC, the umbrella body of the Ijaw nation, yesterday announced that it had unflinching faith in one united Nigeria, but demanded fairness, equity and justice for all.

The group’s position was made known in a statement jointly issued by its national president, Alatubo Charles Harry, and spokesman, Victor Burubo, which it said was arrived at after due consultations.

Read more http://nigerianpilot.com/ijaw-congress-okays-one-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Id4Jesus: 6:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Justice, equity and fairness? Even Edwin Clark cannot give you that. Only Christ can give you those things

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by ImperialYoruba: 6:17am On Aug 25, 2016
Hmmm...I thought the belief in ONE NIGERIA informed their act in 1967 and they are steadfast. I don't know why they need to rededicate their love for unity of our Sovereingty. Did something change, are Ijaws faltering on their belief?

Just wondering...
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by QuotaSystem: 6:19am On Aug 25, 2016
This is not news the Ugandans want to hear.

Expect their wail in 3..2...1..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by kenny987(f): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2016
What are the terms for ensuring fairness, equity and justice? It is better to spell them out clearly so any stand taken is clear. Mouthing off those adjectives is nothing but mere rhetoric as those words are relative upon interpretation. Best to say what u mean and mean what you say; stand fir something or fall for anything!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by agwom(m): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2016
stop making noise...
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by QuotaSystem: 6:22am On Aug 25, 2016
^^ They never disappoint.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by chriskosherbal(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2016
Yes oh, we want peace.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by rusher14: 7:09am On Aug 25, 2016
My people have spoken.

We are proud members of this nation and pledge to it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by macluvph1(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Yes, anybody can come under any useless group and claim they believe in Nigeria's unity.

Therefore,Ikwerre nairaland forum disagrees with this Ijaw bla bla bla.

We stand with whichever group that favours the masses and not the elites alone that are interested on their selfish gains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by babyfaceafrica: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Ipod will be sad

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by BlackSeptember: 7:41am On Aug 25, 2016
Every regist
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by BlackSeptember: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Every registered organization believe in One Nigeria in public but when the chips are down they also believe in self determination private

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Noneroone(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2016
Buhari National congress

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Ijaw..
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Doghari: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2016
The yoruba muslim Bonsurudeens will swallow this one and throw amala into their mouths with joy because of crude oil. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by attackgat: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Ipod will be sad

Not really. Unlike Nigeria, what IPOB wants is not 'by force'. All IPOB has ever asked is that the will of the various ethnic nationalities be done. So if Ijaws are comfortable elsewhere, they are welcome to carry on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Pr0gressive01(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2016
I have been observing the way things have taken a turn for the worse since Buhari became president and I have the following advise for him if he will listen to move this nation forward:

1. Buhari should apologise for his 5% speech even if he has to do it in a diplomatic way.

2. He should immediately form an inclusive government; bring qualified people from the eastern axis of this country(i.e SS & SE) into the sensitive parts of government including the oil sector and the military.

3. Find a way of releasing Nnamdi kanu even if it is to arrange a prison break.

4. Take a look at the last confab report, there are many wonderful recommendation there. He may not accept all the recommendations but he could at least implement some.

5. He should personally visit the SE/SS and reassure them that we are all Nigerians and can still work together to make this nation great again.

6. He should make sure that there is a very functional seaport in the SS like Apapa in Lagos and create policies to deliberatly drive traffic to that port. This will greatly impact the economy of the region and will help spread development. Nigeria is too big to rely on Apapa for almost everything, things cannot go on like this.

7. A lot of the tension in the land today is because of struggle for power at the center. We can decide to revert to a regional style of government where your Premier is like your president such that the centre would be considerably weakened and unattractive. All this struggle for who becomes president will cease. Alternatively, we can adopt a system of rotaional presidency recognising the six geopolitical zone structure(experts can work on this and come out with something good).

Nigeria can be united and work again if Buhari can be wise.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by KingsWillRoyal: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2016
lol
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Pr0gressive01(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2016
kenny987:
What are the terms for ensuring fairness, equity and justice? It is better to spell them out clearly so any stand taken is clear. Mouthing off those adjectives is nothing but mere rhetoric as those words are relative upon interpretation. Best to say what u mean and mean what you say; stand fir something or fall for anything!

Very correct my brother.

It is better to spell them out clearly so any stand taken is clear.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by PFRB: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2016
Ok Thank God. The struggle has ended or has been won. Thank God OOOOOOHHHHHHH.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Funlordjnr: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2016
These ones are only searching for extra money! They should get lost abeg!
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2016
I am aligned with the position of INC. BTW I don't think this news should be a surprise to many.

Fairness and Justice

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Aufbauh(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2016
We all know that the idea of secession is an entire struggle of some disgruntled Igbos who can't forbear a Fulani man that they so detested ruling over them.

l'll encourage my maternal cousins to be part of TRIPOB because I believe in their ideology.
I was taught early as a school boy that"winners never quit,and quitters never win",this of course have stirred up my success stories till date.

Assuming there is marginalization,injustice,inequality etc in your clime,is it not foolhardy and cowardice to quit? Every strong character person will stay on to fight to change the status quo, not to think of escape to a better equitable clime.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by QuotaSystem: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Pr0gressive01:
[s]I have been observing the way things have taken a turn for the worse since Buhari became president and I have the following advise for him if he will listen to move this nation forward:

1. Buhari should apologise for his 5% speech even if he has to do it in a diplomatic way.

2. He should immediately form an inclusive government; bring qualified people from the eastern axis of this country(i.e SS & SE) into the sensitive parts of government including the oil sector and the military.

3. Find a way of releasing Nnamdi kanu even if it is to arrange a prison break.

4. Take a look at the last confab report, there are many wonderful recommendation there. He may not accept all the recommendations but he could at least implement some.

5. He should personally visit the SE/SS and reassure them that we are all Nigerians and can still work together to make this nation great again.

6. He should make sure that there is a very functional seaport in the SS like Apapa in Lagos and create policies to deliberatly drive traffic to that port. This will greatly impact the economy of the region and will help spread development. Nigeria is too big to rely on Apapa for almost everything, things cannot go on like this.

7. A lot of the tension in the land today is because of struggle for power at the center. We can decide to revert to a regional style of government where your Premier is like your president such that the centre would be considerably weakened and unattractive. All this struggle for who becomes president will cease. Alternatively, we can adopt a system of rotaional presidency recognising the six geopolitical zone structure(experts can work on this and come out with something good).

Nigeria can be united and work again if Buhari can be wise.[/s]

You've started daydreaming again angry

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Pr0gressive01(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

You've started daydreaming again angry

Why are you like this for goodness sake?

Truth is that this country is sweet, every region have their unique dimension and how they contribute.

I am sure deep down in the hearts of those clamouring for Biafra and Niger Delta Republic is for there to be equity and fairness.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Lushore1: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2016
fairness, justice and equity for all nigerians.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by QuotaSystem: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2016
Pr0gressive01:

Why are you like this for goodness sake?

Truth is that this country is sweet, every region have their unique dimension and how they contribute.

I am sure deep down in the hearts of those clamouring for Biafra and Niger Delta Republic is for their to be equity and fairness.

Guess what, me too. Thing is you can't achieve those ideals through blackmail and grandstanding like you want, but through compromise and diplomacy. You can only demand such from a position of strength. No offense intended.

We can discuss this further as you seem reasonable, except of course the trolling part because you can't be taken seriously that way.

I see you dropped the Yoruba lady's moniker for an om.enka one.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Pr0gressive01(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Guess what, me too. Thing is you can't achieve those ideals through blackmail and grandstanding like you want, but through compromise and diplomacy. You can only demand such from a position of strength. No offense intended.

We can discuss this further as you seem reasonable, except of course the trolling part because you can't be taken seriously that way.

I see you dropped the Yoruba lady's moniker for an om.enka one.

There should be policies created to ensure rapid development of the Niger Delta and every kobo should be monitored.

Nigeria can help install an Igbo man as president after Buhari. If this is done, I can bet my last kobo that the Igbos would feel totally accepted in Nigeria and this Biafra agitation will die with speed.

Nigerians did it for the Yorubas, why not the Igbos?
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by QuotaSystem: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2016
Pr0gressive01:

There should be policies created to ensure rapid development of the Niger Delta and every kobo should be monitored.

Nigeria can help install an Igbo man as president after Buhari. If this is done, I can bet my last kobo that the Igbos would feel totally accepted in Nigeria and this Biafra agitation will die with speed.

Nigerians did it for the Yorubas, why not the Igbos?

Regarding the ND: I couldn't agree with you more.

Regarding your question, I'm at work now I'll surely give you a response later. Kindly mention me with your real moniker so we can have a clean, robust and fruitful discussion.

Cheers.
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by Pr0gressive01(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Regarding the ND: I couldn't agree with you more.

Regarding your question, I'm at work now I'll surely give you a response later. Kindly mention me with your real moniker so we can have a clean, robust and fruitful discussion.

Cheers.

Lmao at real moniker.

I have several monikers on nairaland, I have even forgotten some. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let me use this one.

cc SuperPanther
Re: Ijaw Congress Okays One Nigeria, But… by macluvph1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2016
macluvph1:
Yes, anybody can come under any useless group and claim they believe in Nigeria's unity.

Therefore,Ikwerre nairaland forum disagrees with this Ijaw bla bla bla.

We stand with whichever group that favours the masses and not the elites alone that are interested on their selfish gains.

omonla555 please stop sharing my post because you are an antagonist to my people of south south and our brothers from south east, always focus on your region issues i don't and will never need your shares and likes because they are poisonous and demonic.

also get it to your skull that am from a region that if you ever Bleep we will treat your Bleep up no matter where you come from,we are egaliterian in nature. therefore i can attack even my immediate brother if he yarn nonsense that can affect my people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Gets Knock From Deputy Governor Over Election Date Postponement / The Monkey Money Millionaires (MMM) / Revealed How Muiz Banire Was Disgraced Out Of APC Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.