Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis (2072 Views)

Bridge At Ojota, Lagos Has No Rails. Death Trap For Students & Passersby (Pics) / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by ariesbull: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2016
Julius Berger constructing an ordinary pedestrian bridge at Anthony Gbagada axis ! I don’t know the contractual agreement or agreement but ,this is shameful to the Nigerian engineers, is there hope? Everybody is shouting “buy Nigeria to grow naira”.Well,i think that it is more like a lip service than action. This reminds me of the saying” talk is cheap ” and Nigerian government have shown that talk is actually cheap. There isn’t any commensurate action to follow the talk.

About the Nigerian engineers, I wonder what the Nigerian Society of Engineers is doing? Have they gone moribund? Have they gone into hibernation? Are they in limbo? Questions are asked. I am asking this because the last time I was at Anthony bus stop via Gbagada. The new overhead or pedestrian bridge that is being built isn’t done by a Nigeria firm! Just an ordinary bridge is being built by Julius Berger! A German firm. This got me wondering, if the Nigeria engineering construction forms can’t built ordinary footbridge, can they build a Hydro electric dam or world class autobahn, like the ones in Germany.
The shame is a two fold thing. We have to understand that as a country, there is not way we can make a headway be it economically or technologically with the orientation. How can we not build an ordinary bridge?
The shame lies on the foot of our local engineers. It has been noted that they do a very shoddy and below the bar works. Some critics say that Nigerian construction firms have refused to work in tandem with the global best practices. This prompted the Nigeria clients to give out lucrative jobs to foreign firms especially the Asians. Now, that Nigeria have this “relationships” with China, We can comfortably say goodbye to Nigerian construction, maybe the only Nigerian thing we will consume is music and food......... https://etimesafrica./2016/08/25/pedestrian-bridges-must-julius-berger-construct-it/#more-1025
Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by ariesbull: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2016
By

Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2016
We're talking about lagos mega city..
.Ambo is putting solid infrastructure on ground..
And using local engineers where necessary..
Go round eko and see lots of them.

Don't worry..you will soon appreciate why Berger is there..

Eko for show

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by braine(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2016
Is it not what you tell them to do that they will do?
Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by CrazyG: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2016
What happened to the maxim "Patronize everything Nigerian to grow the Naira"? If Nigerian Engineers can not be trusted to do ordinary pedestrian bridge to international standards is it road construction,airport terminals & runaway etc they will trusted to construct?
Me thinks in this day and age no multinational construction company should be given such 'pedestrian contracts'
Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by KINGwax007(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2016
What is this one even saying?

Julius Berger is an indigenous company ..
It is already incorporated and it is even a PLC...

what are saying sef?

Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by HtwoOw: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Considering the fact that there isn't money, I think Julius Berger might be the only financially buoyant construction firm that may be able to construct said bridge

Besides they construct quality, compared with most so called Nigerian engineers are capable of, especially in the future if the bridge collapses same people will start shouting inferior materials and looting

Finally Julius Berger will not bring Oyinbo or German labor , they'll employ Nigerians so what's the fuss?
Re: Julius Berger Constructing An Ordinary Pedestrian Bridge At Anthony Gbagada Axis by ayogabriel(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2016
Smh for OP, can't you see clearly the poles meant for the covers aby trampoline. I think you should include yet to be completed... and not spoiling the said company.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki May Be In Trouble As As Alih Replace Magu As Efcc Chair / We IPoB Do Not Support Osibanjo / Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now: Yoruba Youth Leader Blasted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.