Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Closed - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80266 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by MrJames007: 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Engineers I greet. I observed something please help out. I opened the valve cover on my AC line(the low side) and placed my finger over it. Without pressing that tiny pin that would release the gas, I could feel gas pushing my finger off. Please is that a leakage? I ignored it because I think by covering back that cover I removed the gas can't escape. I'm not sure, that is why I decided to ask here. The ac is still chilling though. Please am I losing gas there or is it normal? If it is leaking, is it possible to replace that inner valve like I see it replaced on tyres?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2017
MrJames007:
Engineers I greet. I observed something please help out. I opened the valve cover on my AC line(the low side) and placed my finger over it. Without pressing that tiny pin that would release the gas, I could feel gas pushing my finger off. Please is that a leakage? I ignored it because I think by covering back that cover I removed the gas can't escape. I'm not sure, that is why I decided to ask here. The ac is still chilling though. Please am I losing gas there or is it normal? If it is leaking, is it possible to replace that inner valve like I see it replaced on tyres?

you are loosing gas, replace the valve.
Re: Closed by MrJames007: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you are loosing gas, replace the valve.
Thank you. Please any ideas how much it would cost to replace it?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
MrJames007:

Thank you. Please any ideas how much it would cost to replace it?

500 naira grin
Re: Closed by shady16: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
smiley
Re: Closed by oluwanoni: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello guys, please what's the price of condenser for toyota corolla 1999, lipsrsealed, I was told my condenser is bad, just changed compressor a few months back, this ac issue.... again....Trial and error fixing.... undecided
Re: Closed by MrJames007: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

500 naira grin
Thank you.
Re: Closed by fkj950ax(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

500 naira grin

Morning,
Please where is your location.
Better I just bring the car over to you.
Honda Accord

Changed compressor, condenser and evaporator and it's broken down agaim
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2017
fkj950ax:

Morning,
Please where is your location.
Better I just bring the car over to you.
Honda Accord

Changed compressor, condenser and evaporator and it's broken down agaim

Re: Closed by 3kay945(m): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

What could be the problem,.. Car was working well but when A.c was switched on,. after driving for like 4 mins, the engine went off and couldn't start until the a.c was switch off.
Rav4 2002
Re: Closed by Folajay22(m): 7:45am On Mar 22, 2017
So I just found out that my ac can be started by pushing the ac button. When the car is off. Without the key in the ignition. Lol..please, what have they done to the car ac set up oh??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Closed by RazaqMB(m): 9:03am On Mar 22, 2017
Folajay22:
So I just found out that my ac can be started by pushing the ac button. When the car is off. Without the key in the ignition. Lol..please, what have they done to the car ac set up oh??
lmao
Re: Closed by pitastephen: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2017
Hello Gazzuzz,

pls kindly help/advice, I drive a toyota camry 98, the ac doesnt seem to blow cold, compressor, drier condenser has all been changed. when the ac is on, every thing seems to work fine from the outside( the pipes gets very cold in the engine bay area)..but it doesnt blow cold inside.

pls kindly help.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2017
pitastephen:
Hello Gazzuzz,

pls kindly help/advice, I drive a toyota camry 98, the ac doesnt seem to blow cold, compressor, drier condenser has all been changed. when the ac is on, every thing seems to work fine from the outside( the pipes gets very cold in the engine bay area)..but it doesnt blow cold inside.

pls kindly help.

Please call. 08033910382
Re: Closed by Folajay22(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2017
Folajay22:

It is a Honda accord 2005
Re: Closed by timifakay(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2017
Folajay22:
It's called Kazeemisation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed by dare01: 11:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good day sir, I have a toyota camry 2000, the ac has been superb both in afternoon and night but my only concern is that people keep saying the manual compressor is not the best compare to the automatic compressor. Mine came with the manual compressor but the stories I hear is the manual wear out the engine faster and makes it shake how true is that. Share more light mr gazzuzz
Re: Closed by dare01: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Find attached the comparison I listed above. Thanks sir. The one above is the manual compressor and the one below is the automatic compressor

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Mar 28, 2017
dare01:
Find attached the comparison I listed above. Thanks sir. The one above is the manual compressor and the one below is the automatic compressor
dare01:
Good day sir, I have a toyota camry 2000, the ac has been superb both in afternoon and night but my only concern is that people keep saying the manual compressor is not the best compare to the automatic compressor. Mine came with the manual compressor but the stories I hear is the manual wear out the engine faster and makes it shake how true is that. Share more light mr gazzuzz

Stock compressor camry 2000 is single displacement (manual)

Stock compressor for camry 2007 Variable displacement compressor (automatic)

The single displacement is more reliable, and lasts longer.

The variable gives a smoother drive, and less drag when it engages. It also provides better fuel efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Closed by dare01: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Stock compressor camry 2000 is single displacement (manual)

Stock compressor for camry 2007 Variable displacement compressor (automatic)

The single displacement is more reliable, and lasts longer.

The variable gives a smoother drive, and less drag when it engages. It also provides better fuel efficiency.

Thank You
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 4:57am On Apr 04, 2017
Had my compressor, condenser and dryer changed recently. The Ac was cooling fine and is still cooling fine especially in the morning and evening but I Observed recently that when I switch on the Ac sometimes, the light on the switch will start blinking. I will have to switch it on and off for some time before it will pick. What could be the cause? It is not all the time anyway. It's a camry 1999. Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 5:27am On Apr 05, 2017
Had my compressor, condenser and dryer changed recently. The Ac was cooling fine and is still cooling fine especially in the morning and evening but I Observed recently that when I switch on the Ac sometimes, the light on the switch will start blinking. I will have to switch it on and off for some time before it will pick. What could be the cause? It is not all the time anyway. It's a camry 1999. Thanks in advance for your response.
Thank You[

]Still looking forward to the the Ac gurus in the house to help me out on this pls
Re: Closed by kingdom88: 5:53am On Apr 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
If you have vehicle air-conditioning issues, or want to learn more about how the system works, this thread is for you.

Also there is a whatsapp group for any one who wants further consultation on a.c issues.

Contact me on 08033910382 and you will be added.
I have a rover 75 converted to Honda but with no brainbox the engine size is 1.8 4v. I don't know if it can carry a.c
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
stanlotion:
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
stanlotion:
Thank You[

]Still looking forward to the the Ac gurus in the house to help me out on this pls

Blinking is an error code thrown by the system, it could indicates a fault. I can only throw random possible faults at you. But first check if you have the right quantity of refrigerant (gas) installed.
Re: Closed by stanlotion(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Blinking is an error code thrown by the system, it could indicates a fault. I can only throw random possible faults at you. But first check if you have the right quantity of refrigerant (gas) installed.
OK, I will do that tomorrow.
Re: Closed by iwriterng(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2017
Good morning bosses.

I noticed that my car AC works perfectly in the evening (7pm downward) and in the morning (before 12pm).

In the afternoon, it doesn't seen to work, its effect in the afternoon is almost insignificant, and can be liken to that of a weak fan.

I drive a 2005 Toyota Matrix. Haven't touched anything since I bought the car. So am a bit concerned about using quack engineer that would mess it up through trail and error.

Oh, I also noticed that my inner light comes up at the wrong time of the day. Normally, it shouldn't come up until evening time. But for two weeks now, it would automatically come up during the day and sometimes go off by itself. I don't know if this has anything to do with the whole AC issue.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Apr 07, 2017
iwriterng:
Good morning bosses.

I noticed that my car AC works perfectly in the evening (7pm downward) and in the morning (before 12pm).

In the afternoon, it doesn't seen to work, its effect in the afternoon is almost insignificant, and can be liken to that of a weak fan.

I drive a 2005 Toyota Matrix. Haven't touched anything since I bought the car. So am a bit concerned about using quack engineer that would mess it up through trail and error.

Oh, I also noticed that my inner light comes up at the wrong time of the day. Normally, it shouldn't come up until evening time. But for two weeks now, it would automatically come up during the day and sometimes go off by itself. I don't know if this has anything to do with the whole AC issue.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Low on refrigerant, clogged cabin filter, low compression from compressor( not likely)

1 Like

Re: Closed by iwriterng(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Low on refrigerant, clogged cabin filter, low compression from compressor( not likely)

Thanks
Re: Closed by protocol(m): 12:36am On May 11, 2017
sir my car is two weeks old. wenbi drove it from the seaport to my house i notice water droping on d passenger foot mat. again, d ac cools but i feel it can do better. any advice sir? again how much does it cost to vacuum a system
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2017
protocol:
sir my car is two weeks old. wenbi drove it from the seaport to my house i notice water droping on d passenger foot mat. again, d ac cools but i feel it can do better. any advice sir? again how much does it cost to vacuum a system

Who is wenbi?

Check evaporator drain pipe, it might be blocked, just poke it with a long screwdriver.

If you want to me to work on your a.c book an appointment www.gazzuzz.com.

1 Like

Re: Closed by adanny01(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Who is wenbi?

Check evaporator drain pipe, it might be blocked, just poke it with a long screwdriver.

If you want to me to work on your a.c book an appointment www.gazzuzz.com.

I used a bicycle/motor cycle steel brake/clutch cable i bought for about N100. It goes further than long screwdriver and flexible for bends. My case even soaked the ECU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.