Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Closed - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80297 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2017
adanny01:

I used a bicycle/motor cycle steel brake/clutch cable i bought for about N100. It goes further than long screwdriver and flexible for bends. My case even soaked the ECU.

You are a very resourceful man

2 Likes

Re: Closed by protocol(m): 8:23pm On May 15, 2017
Boss, my ac control does not stay on if i press it to switch it on. but if i press and hold it, it will stay and start working but if i remove my hand it will off. thanks Boss
Re: Closed by iboboyswag(m): 6:43pm On May 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You are a very resourceful man

Please check, your website is not opening..... I wanted to book an appointment with regards to a leak in my ac and the high fuel consumption on my honda civic 2010.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2017
iboboyswag:

Please check, your website is not opening..... I wanted to book an appointment with regards to a leak in my ac and the high fuel consumption on my honda civic 2010.

Please Try again. It's working fine.

www.gazzuzz.com

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2017
protocol:

Boss, my ac control does not stay on if i press it to switch it on. but if i press and hold it, it will stay and start working but if i remove my hand it will off. thanks Boss

You should always indicate vehicle type, it helps understand query better.

In this case seems you have a faulty switch.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 11:21am On May 22, 2017
HI gazzuzz,

i have a ford focus 2006 manual. changed compressor recently and it worked ok for about 3weeks. now it just blows air. the compressor works tho because it comes on and all. possible gas leak. i tried to book appointment but no ford option.
Re: Closed by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:10pm On May 22, 2017
I don't think gazuzz does Ford!!
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2017
flyboi1:
HI gazzuzz,

i have a ford focus 2006 manual. changed compressor recently and it worked ok for about 3weeks. now it just blows air. the compressor works tho because it comes on and all. possible gas leak. i tried to book appointment but no ford option.

I'm so sorry about the present unavailability of your brand on our site, I am trying as much as possible to focus on my strong points (Toyota/Lexus, Honda/acura, Hyundai/Kia) How ever I will always give free consultancy services here on NL.

Firstly If a.c is Blowing hot now, the question is was it a gradual process or a sudden1? With pressure gauges check high and low sides to see Values. Pressure on the high side with Near 0 /negative pressure on the low side will indicate a faulty expansion valve, Near equal pressure on both sides will indicate a faulty compressor.

Values lower than 11psi low side and 100psi on the high side indicate sys is low on gas.

So first thing is to ensure tech has a pressure gauge and knows how to use It.

Next is to see the color of the compressor oil, poking the high side valve for 1sec with your hand or a white paper over it should cause a short burst of pressure which will come with oil splashes, from the colour you can determine if the sys is clean or not.

For more assistance you can call or whatsapp

Re: Closed by zubis05: 7:53pm On May 28, 2017
Good evening Oga Gazzuzz.
I drive a honda accord 06 model. Been having issues with my AC for quite a while now. First thing I noticed was it was not cooling. Went to a Kazeem and he said it was gas. We refilled the gas. Travelled with the car and by the time I got there it stopped cooling again. Went to check with a mechanic there and he said it was leaking somewhere. Traced and replaced the pipe. Put the gas again and then I noticed it only cools when I am in motion. The moment the car begins to slow down the whole car starts becoming got almost immediately. Travelled home recently and I have the car to the mechanic I normally used when I was still home. Checked and told me something about magnetor or something like that not working and the need to change it. The only reason I didn't change it was the part was not readily available and I had to travel back the next day. Then someone here introduced me to another AC guy. He checked and told me I need to buy a compressor as the present one is bad. Here is my dilemma. ... do I need to change the compressor or work on that magnetor thing the other guy talked about . I don't want to do one and then it's the other one that is the issue. Nobody has that kind of money to waste biko. What's even the guaranty that either of those things is the problem? I have seen how people change compressor and issues still persist. Sir,I would appreciate your input and while at it please let me know how much a compressor goes for, for this car. The price the guy quoted is suspicious to say the least.
Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Closed by zubis05: 7:55pm On May 28, 2017
I drive a honda accord 06 model. Been having issues with my AC for quite a while now. First thing I noticed was it was not cooling. Went to a Kazeem and he said it was gas. We refilled the gas. Travelled with the car and by the time I got there it stopped cooling again. Went to check with a mechanic there and he said it was leaking somewhere. Traced and replaced the pipe. Put the gas again and then I noticed it only cools when I am in motion. The moment the car begins to slow down the whole car starts becoming got almost immediately. Travelled home recently and I have the car to the mechanic I normally used when I was still home. Checked and told me something about magnetor or something like that not working and the need to change it. The only reason I didn't change it was the part was not readily available and I had to travel back the next day. Then someone here introduced me to another AC guy. He checked and told me I need to buy a compressor as the present one is bad. Here is my dilemma. ... do I need to change the compressor or work on that magnetor thing the other guy talked about . I don't want to do one and then it's the other one that is the issue. Nobody has that kind of money to waste biko. What's even the guaranty that either of those things is the problem? I have seen how people change compressor and issues still persist. Sir,I would appreciate your input and while at it please let me know how much a compressor goes for, for this car. The price the guy quoted is suspicious to say the least.
Thank you in anticipation. [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2017
zubis05:
Thank you in anticipation.

I do not have enough information to work with.

Compressor might be faulty, it might not. The only thing I have to go with is

Put the gas again and then I noticed it only cools when I am in motion

This could be Gas related or a faulty compressor.

Checked and told me something about magnetor or something like that not working and the need to change it.

This could also be a faulty coil or clutch.

You need more info. Ask your technician more questions.

Or you could take it to another technician and get a comprehensive diagnosis of your a.c system.
Re: Closed by zubis05: 9:47pm On May 28, 2017
Will do so and revert. Thanks
GAZZUZZ:

I do not have enough information to work with.

Compressor might be faulty, it might not. The only thing I have to go with is

This could be Gas related or a faulty compressor.

This could also be a faulty coil or clutch.

You need more info. Ask your technician more questions.

Or you could take it to another technician and get a comprehensive diagnosis of your a.c system.
Re: Closed by gozmaxs(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2017
good day oga Gazzuzz.
please am and novice, got a Mercedes-Benz c240 ac doesn't chill properly sometimes takes time to come on after several off and on attempts.
Dealer said it just needed gas, so took its to a technician to fill up gas but it wasn't taking in gas after some seconds, he then poked the valve and some bluish oily substance kept coming out.
He said the system was dirty and would need to be changed entirely starting from compressor to Lots of components he mentioned.
please is he right?
was actually skeptical about his diagnosis.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:35am On May 30, 2017
gozmaxs:
good day oga Gazzuzz.
please am and novice, got a Mercedes-Benz c240 ac doesn't chill properly sometimes takes time to come on after several off and on attempts.
Dealer said it just needed gas, so took its to a technician to fill up gas but it wasn't taking in gas after some seconds, he then poked the valve and some bluish oily substance kept coming out.
He said the system was dirty and would need to be changed entirely starting from compressor to Lots of components he mentioned.
please is he right?
was actually skeptical about his diagnosis.

system is compromised. You will need a new compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and possibly evaporator. A few pipes might need to be changed if found wanting
Re: Closed by mosbus: 6:46am On May 30, 2017
Nice work bro
Re: Closed by gozmaxs(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

system is compromised. You will need a new compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and possibly evaporator. A few pipes might need to be changed if found wanting
wow thanks boss. please what is the rough estimate of these?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2017
gozmaxs:

wow thanks boss. please what is the rough estimate of these?

I can't Give you specifics, but a fortune especially the compressor
Re: Closed by khaleesi(f): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello, pls I need your advise. My A.C cools when I set it on low in the mornings and evenings and when its rainy..but in a hot afternoon or even hot morning, I have to put it on 3 to really feel anything. When I put my hand to the vent there is cold air yet it doesnt seem to be spreading. Any suggestions? Thanks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
khaleesi:
Hello, pls I need your advise. My A.C cools when I set it on low in the mornings and evenings and when its rainy..but in a hot afternoon or even hot morning, I have to put it on 3 to really feel anything. When I put my hand to the vent there is cold air yet it doesnt seem to be spreading. Any suggestions? Thanks

Simple, replace Cabin filter

Watch this video to understand, then find your own vehicle model and replace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8zsXR1-hQ
Re: Closed by khaleesi(f): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Simple, replace Cabin filter

Watch this video to understand, then find your own vehicle model and replace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8zsXR1-hQ
This is so helpful. Thanks alot. Any idea how much the cabin filter will cost?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Jun 02, 2017
khaleesi:

This is so helpful. Thanks alot. Any idea how much the cabin filter will cost?

still don't know what brand is involved.
Re: Closed by mike070: 9:08am On Jun 03, 2017
Pls how much is the compressor of 2003 Mercedes E320?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2017
mike070:
Pls how much is the compressor of 2003 Mercedes E320?

Info unavailable at the moment
Re: Closed by Ezimuoh: 1:59am On Jul 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Info unavailable at the moment

Good Day GAZZUZZ, my Car AC cools normally, but the AC light blinks sometimes especially, when I start the car every morning, it still cools normally even when the light is blinking. Its a 1998 Toyota Camry
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2017
Ezimuoh:

Good Day GAZZUZZ, my Car AC cools normally, but the AC light blinks sometimes especially, when I start the car every morning, it still cools normally even when the light is blinking. Its a 1998 Toyota Camry

you have some electrical abnormalities probably wrongly connected pressure switch on compressor
Re: Closed by osarodon(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Good morning, I drive a Camry 2000 model, the A/C light blinks after moving like a kilometer and once it starts blinking it stops cooling but whenever it is not blinking it will be cooling.
I have changed the Relay fuse and it is still blinking.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
osarodon:
Good morning, I drive a Camry 2000 model, the A/C light blinks after moving like a kilometer and once it starts blinking it stops cooling but whenever it is not blinking it will be cooling.
I have changed the Relay fuse and it is still blinking.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

a loss of torque to compressor.

Possible culprits, bad serpentine cable, bad engine pulley, bad compressor clutch, bad electrical connection to compressor clutch( fuse/relay)
Re: Closed by Ezimuoh: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you have some electrical abnormalities probably wrongly connected pressure switch on compressor

Thanks
Re: Closed by drmuchin: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Mr Gazzuzz may I have your contact I have a 2005 VW with gearbox problem
Re: Closed by 9icetoo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Best gas in the nigerian market is Harp Gas and it is made in England. It comes in 340gramms cans (net weight)

You will require 24oz (onces) of refrigerant according to the chart below. Which is about 680g meaning you will need approximately 2cans. Of harp gas.
my car recommends 550 grams of gas but when that was put in the compressor was working intermittently.
it will trip off and refuse to come back on until after a long time.
one day in annoyance I proceeded to bleed of the gas. halfway into the exercise I had a rethink and stopped. went out later that evening and turned on my fan to clear my windscreen a bit as it was raining and I was hit by cold air almost instantly. it was like magic. this had never happened to me in my Skoda before as I had a long standing Ac problem.
I guess this is what happened. The Ac system was overcharged because the new components I put in the Ac system (condenser and evaporator) had a much smaller volume than the oem that was replaced. this caused the compressor to work harder and trip off as soon as it was turned on.
I contacted my Ac tech and explained to him what I experienced and he proceeded to try it on other cars (especially volks as he is seem as a Skoda/volks Ac tech.) and it turned out most of the condemned compressors were actually still okay but were suffering from overcharging/overfilling. the guy doesn't have a high pressure gauge so can't even figure that out.
all is well now.
modified:
I bled off from the high pressure side though.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
9icetoo:

my car recommends 550 grams of gas but when that was put in the compressor was working intermittently.
it will trip off and refuse to come back on until after a long time.
one day in annoyance I proceeded to bleed of the gas. halfway into the exercise I had a rethink and stopped. went out later that evening and turned on my fan to clear my windscreen a bit as it was raining and I was hit by cold air almost instantly. it was like magic. this had never happened to me in my Skoda before as I had a long standing Ac problem.
I guess this is what happened. The Ac system was overcharged because the new components I put in the Ac system (condenser and evaporator) had a much smaller volume than the oem that was replaced. this caused the compressor to work harder and trip off as soon as it was turned on.
I contacted my Ac tech and explained to him what I experienced and he proceeded to try it on other cars (especially volks as he is seem as a Skoda/volks Ac tech.) and it turned out most of the condemned compressors were actually still okay but were suffering from overcharging/overfilling. the guy doesn't have a high pressure gauge so can't even figure that out.
all is well now.
modified:
I bled off from the high pressure side though.

I you vacuum and insert 550g im sure it will not be over charged sir. ket I vacuuming.
Re: Closed by iamspeedracer(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

evacuate refrigerant, remove compressor, and check. Lubricate with the right type of oil ND8 synthetic

Where can one purchase this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.