Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (2256 Views)

Asari Dokubo: "Buhari Was Cloned In London, Current Nigerian President Is Fake" / Fayose Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Nigerian President / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese To Contest For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Caffeine(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
Re: . by NigerDeltan(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
Join a Party cult
Re: . by u3fine(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Learn how to lie and always deny your promises when it is time to fulfil the promise

6 Likes

Re: . by agwom(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Join PDP!
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
u3fine:
Learn how to lie and always deny your promises when it is time to fulfil the promise
Bro, I am learning how to speak in public, so hopefully one day I can campaign smiley
But I truly in my heart, that if I become, I want to be a good president. Please encourage me
Re: . by thesicilian: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
If you plan to be a good President then you must prepare adequately. Read wide, know a little above average about many areas of life, most especially economics, politics and administration. Have the fear of God in you and a kind, helping heart. Surround yourself with people of integrity and intelligence. If you're still in school then join a debate club, contest in (inter)departmental elections - even if you have no chance of winning. You will learn valuable lessons whether you win or lose.

8 Likes

Re: . by u3fine(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
As your heart thinket, so you will become.
Caffeine:

Bro, I am learning how to speak in public, so hopefully one day I can campaign smiley
But I truly in my heart, that if I become, I want to be a good president. Please encourage me

1 Like

Re: . by Aristotle96(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am twenty years old, and want to be president of our great country one day.
What can I begin to do to prepare myself?
What books should I read, which organizations should I be part of? How can I prepare in general?

Thanks for your responses.
sure caffeine ain't at work?
Re: . by HtwoOw: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Try to read your book first grin

2 Likes

Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
Aristotle96:
Haha, I'm sure it will be useful for handling stress! But I need more advice smiley
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
HtwoOw:
Try to read your book first grin
I'm currently reading Nelson Mandela's autobiography, and almost done with it.
Do you have any recommendations? I love to read! smiley
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Aristotle96:
And it's not really caffeine I think. It's a mixture of patriotism, and ambition
Re: . by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
Write your profile I'll give you candid advise.
Re: . by AfroMighty(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
learn how to lie
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
AfroMighty:
learn how to lie
I hope to be an honest president and civil servant. It will be hard, but I will try smiley
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
Write your profile I'll give you candid advise.
HI! By "profile" you mean personal information as in age, sex, educational background, etc?
Or something else?
Re: . by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

HI! By "profile" you mean personal information as in age, sex, educational background, etc?
Or something else?

Yes, remember to write family background if your ambition is in Nigerian politics.
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
thesicilian:
If you plan to be a good President then you must prepare adequately. Read wide, know a little above average about many areas of life, most especially economics, politics and administration. Have the fear of God in you and a kind, helping heart. Surround yourself with people of integrity and intelligence. If you're still in school then join a debate club, contest in (inter)departmental elections - even if you have no chance of winning. You will learn valuable lessons whether you win or lose.
Thanks for your advice bro. I recently contested in the international public speaking contest of Toastmasters. Didn't make it far, but I will try again. My aim is to become better at public speaking. I appreciate your help, thank you!

1 Like

Re: . by Caffeine(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
AbuMaryam1:

Yes, remember to write family background if your ambition is in Nigerian politics.
Great!
Faith: Christian, I'm super tolerant of people of all faiths, and those without.

Educational background: University 3rd year, Heidelberg university, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. I major in Information Technology, but I find myself increasingly drawn to management, and business, and politics smiley I don't really have an ambition to go to graduate school, I guess I'm impatient to contribute to the world grin I also did a semester of exchange studies in Tokyo, Japan.

Family Background: Very humble smiley I'm from Cross River State. My mom is a civil servant in public health, Dad was a soldier, he is now late, more than a decade ago. I'm fortunate to win a scholarship to study abroad.

I think I'm pretty smart, certainly ambitious. I'm working hard on my people skills. I'm a member of Toastmasters International, so I know a thing or two about public speaking. I'm extremely Pan-African, and very passionate about the future of our country, to which I hope I can contribute. The way I speak about Africa and Nigeria, my friends joke that I will be president one day grin I deny it, but it's something I secretly hope I can be

I hope this is enough info. Will be happy to give more smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
Your first, second and third concern is...

You must learn to be an incredibly rich liar!!!

Lobatan
Re: . by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

read a book titled The Dog call Buhari.
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
read a book titled The Dog call Buhari.
I can't find it on Amazon. Have you published it yet? smiley I'm happy to buy
Re: . by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

Great!
Faith: Christian, I'm super tolerant of people of all faiths, and those without.

Educational background: University 3rd year, Heidelberg university, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. I major in Information Technology, but I find myself increasingly drawn to management, and business, and politics smiley I don't really have an ambition to go to graduate school, I guess I'm impatient to contribute to the world grin I also did a semester of exchange studies in Tokyo, Japan.

Family Background: Very humble smiley I'm from Cross River State. My mom is a civil servant in public health, Dad was a soldier, he is now late, more than a decade ago. I'm fortunate to win a scholarship to study abroad.

I think I'm pretty smart, certainly ambitious. I'm working hard on my people skills. I'm a member of Toastmasters International, so I know a thing or two about public speaking. I'm extremely Pan-African, and very passionate about the future of our country, to which I hope I can contribute. The way I speak about Africa and Nigeria, my friends joke that I will be president one day grin I deny it, but it's something I secretly hope I can be

I hope this is enough info. Will be happy to give more smiley
bros do you have NEPA bill?
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:
Your first, second and third concern is...

You must learn to be an incredibly rich liar!!!

Lobatan
It's interesting, many people suggest that I become proficient at lying.
I will endeavor to be sincere, whether or not I become a president smiley
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
bros do you have NEPA bill?
No big bro, I do not have one. Why?
Re: . by CACAWA(m): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am twenty years old, and want to be president of our great country one day.
What can I begin to do to prepare myself?
What books should I read, which organizations should I be part of? How can I prepare in general?

Thanks for your responses.
see my signature
Re: . by Caffeine(m): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
CACAWA:

see my signature
Thanks, I've just done so. You have really thoughtful posts on there.
I hope to be a part of what you are doing
Re: . by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

It's interesting, many people suggest that I become proficient at lying.
I will endeavor to be sincere, whether or not I become a president smiley

Good choice then.

We need honest people in government but I don't see that happening soonest.

I only advice you based on the technical reality of the political climate in Nigeria.
Re: . by CACAWA(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Good choice then.

We need honest people in government but I don't see that happening soonest.

I only advice you based on the technical reality of the political climate in Nigeria.

don't lose hope because amidst all these is a silent movement to mobilise and reorientate the nigerian youths. With the right ideals and capacity to define a new Nigeria, the future is bright.
Re: . by Kenny4lyfe(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
CACAWA:
don't lose hope because amidst all these is a silent movement to mobilise and reorientate the nigerian youths. With the right ideals and capacity to define a new Nigeria, the future is bright.

Ok
Re: . by thesicilian: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

- books on Nigerian History
- Emeka (Frederick Forsythe)
- There Was A Country (Chinua Achebe)
- My Life (Bill Clinton)
- The Accidental Public Servant (El Rufai)
- My Watch (Olusegun Obasanjo)
- My Command (Olusegun Obasanjo)

These are just some of the books that I myself have found very useful. Though I am not a politically minded person, I like to read biographies and autobiographies just to know why people are the way they are and act the way they do.

3 Likes

Re: . by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
Caffeine:

No big bro, I do not have one. Why?
the person ruling us now don't even a NEPA bill.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Orders Popular Musician To Shut Up On Live Interview (video, pics) / Nigerian Elites Are Mad At President Buhari - Presidency / Yoruba Elders Must Not Seal Their Lips That Their Son May Not Stray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.