Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Please Help Me Help Me My Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me Help Me My Father (1181 Views)

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
I am so shaken as I type this.I don't know what the outcome may be.Maybe I will get the help I need or maybe not. Maybe some may term it a scam but please before you do so read.
My dad is currently the principal of a private school here in kano state.The school belongs to one of this top politicians.Being an old and experienced teacher, they sought his help when they wanted to establish the school about 2 years ago.This September 2016 will make it exactly 2 years the school was opened. My dad not minding his age made sure that the school excelled beyond reality by working tirelessly day and night.They promised to increase his meagre income when the school reaches 100 pupils being an up right man he agreed. By the end of third term this year, the school reached a number of 220 pupils including secondary section. When my dad reminded them of their promise, the director said that he will see what he can do about it.I forgot to add that about 9 months ago, My dad requested for a Loan of 300000 from them to do onions business.Only for the director to say that he is also interested in the business. He ended up giving my dad 350000 to do the business.The business went well and they collected 85% of the profit. They went ahead to give him another 600000 but this time,before my dad would reach Lagos to sell the onion, 70% of it got rotten.My father became scared of what they would do to him if he told them. Because of that, He withdrew all his money from the bank and came back to kano secretly to buy tomato to sell,all this was during the holiday. He was not able to cover 1/4 of the money. My old father of 70 years suffered for 2 months in Lagos. We had to beg him to come back.When he did,he was arrested at Bompai police station kano. At last, the police ruled that He would be paying 20 000 naira monthly from his salary of 30000.Which means that my dad comes home monthly with 10000.
Now this is where I need your help please and please.For the past 4 years,my dad has been writing some Basic Grammar Books.Now the books are ready but we have no one to help us publish them.The director of the school initially wanted to help but he said he would take the lion's share from the proceeds of the books since we are still owing them. My father has become so depressed and sick that he is gradually going blind. He keeps asking me if he has been cursed for him not to be able to do things right.
Please my good people help me to help my father.Please we only need a sponsor for our books. An agreement will be reached to share the books proceeds by both parties during lunching.Please help actualize a dream and be part of our success story
I am available for any question at all.
You can also speak to my Dad on this line 08086903779 or 08107345160
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by falcon01: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
ayyaah
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good day
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Caveatemptor(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hmmm.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls help me.I really need your help.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Nairalanders I am still soliciting your help.Please don't just view and leave silently.At least leave a comment even if you won't help.Your words will go a long way in giving me strength
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by ifyalways(f): 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Why do you think strangers will offer you a better deal?

Let the school director sponsor the publication, take the lion share from the profit and also clear the old debts. You and your dad should be glad he agreed to sink in more funds into your dad's project despite your current indebtedness to him.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
We are not indebted to the director. It was a business agreement they had.If they shared the initial profit,why not the loss?Just because people are more wealthy than others does not mean that they should oppress the poor
Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by ifyalways(f): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
I'm mobile now and can't quote long posts ie your opening post.

Did the man loanyour dad the 350,000 ngn for tomatoes biz or they went in as partners?

What amount of the bad debt ie 600,000 ngn has he paid thus far?

How old are you? Can you get a job or something to support yourself and dad while he offsets the debt?

I think if you or sibling,if any, should get an alternative source of income.

Do away with the victim/oppressed mentality, if there was no partnership agreement in place, then the 600K was purely a loan.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
So sorry about your situation. Wish I could help out though.

But my advice would be that your dad should let the proprietor bank role the publication this time and collect the lion's share. This way, your dad would have paid off his debts.

Nothing kills a man faster than the debts he owes.

Now while compiling his book, let him leave out some vital parts.

With the money he gets from this first publishing, he can make a second edition in like a year's time and include all those ones he left out of the first and publish a second edition by himself without telling anybody.

This way all the profit will belong to him.

He doesn't have to publish in the North.

Ibadan is the publishing capital of the nation. Let him publish his second edition in Ibadan. I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

Also, while agreeing to the first publishing, he should have all the agreements between him and the proprietor written down in black and white and signed by witnesses.

We don't want to hear stories that he is still owing the man after. Some humans are less than animals when they see money.

I wish your family all the best. And remember, nothing lasts forever. So keep up the hope. Don't despair.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
My dad and the said man went into a partnership business.If u would recall earlier in my post I said that the first business was successful and they even shared the profit.But in the second attempt,they ran into loss and he demanded full return of his money. I am in my early twenties.It was my savings of about 2 years that my dad used to settle the police and also to pay part of the debt.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ioannes:
So sorry about your situation. Wish I could help out though.

But my advice would be that your dad should let the proprietor bank role the publication this time and collect the lion's share. This way, your dad would have paid off his debts.

Nothing kills a man faster than the debts he owes.

Now while compiling his book, let him leave out some vital parts.

With the money he gets from this first publishing, he can make a second edition in like a year's time and include all those ones he left out of the first and publish a second edition by himself without telling anybody.

This way all the profit will belong to him.

He doesn't have to publish in the North.

Ibadan is the publishing capital of the nation. Let him publish his second edition in Ibadan. I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

Also, while agreeing to the first publishing, he should have all the agreements between him and the proprietor written down in black and white and signed by witnesses.

We don't want to hear stories that he is still owing the man after. Some humans are less than animals when they see money.

I wish your family all the best. And remember, nothing lasts forever. So keep up the hope. Don't despair.
Thank you very much God bless you

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
sadiyaisiyaku:
Thank you very much God bless you

God bless you and your family too.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by simpleseyi: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
How much does your father need to publish his book? Someone somewhere reading this will like to know.
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
simpleseyi:
How much does your father needs to publish him book? Someone somewhere reading this will like to know.
At least a 100 000 to pay the publishers a deposit so that they can start publications. The balance will be paid after publications during sales
Re: Please Help Me Help Me My Father by Mujtahida: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2017
Hello, I was touched reading your passionate appeals on behalf of your good father. More than financial help you really needed encouragement. Please how did the whole thing end? Is your Dad a Ghanaian?

(1) (Reply)

Please, Help A Brother. / Men Will Love This Product (NOVAGE MEN) / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Boyfriend Dumped Her Because She Refused To Abort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.