Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,670 members, 7,854,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing (18852 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / OAU Lecturer Sends Student Out Of Class Over Indecent Dressing & Rude Behaviour / LASU Sanctions 84 Students For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RoastedCorn(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2016
kaen1317:
Welcome development. Females are always guilty of this. Appearing almost naked in order to attract men not knowing that you cant attract any serious guy dressing that way. You'll only attract those that will sleep with you and be gone, in other words, the hit-and-run or chop-and-clean mouth types
how does this affect rape
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by englishmart(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2016
nairaschool01:
Abokiiiii in the making
negodu this anu mpama who be aboki. ezigo nwa afo k'm bu

1 Like

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RoastedCorn(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
aye baba e ti baje. O ti ko si agbako ipayinkeke, ko ni da fun gbogbo iran e. Now u go run enter call mod to ban me for the fourth time in a month.
Sango lo ma ro omi aye si inu e, ko ni da fun a won to fe saanu fun e . . olriburuku gba ni e,abajo ton fi n ban e
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2016
RoastedCorn:
Sango lo ma to omi aye so inu e, ko no da fun a won to fe saanu fun e . . olriburuku gba ni e,abajo ton fi n ban e
oni se orire, wa ku iku gbigbona leni. O tun serere laye mo. Oti fenuko. Aye e ti baje.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by cia698(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2016
What has dressing gotta do with leaning. Will that solve the Nigerian problem of today?
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by ikupakuti(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2016
Good for them
Most of them wear in school what they dont dare wear @ home
They are aware of the acceptable dress codes on campus
They should go home & explain to their parents how irresponsible they‘ve been
I wish they all miss their exams & carryover a whole semester
Rebels
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by amclimax(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2016
is this suppose to be a good news? imagine country where millions graduate every year with no work.... abi university where they only teach us how to apply for work instead of being creative..... leave our girls for us o cuz last tym I checked na lecturers get all the gyals...
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RoastedCorn(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
oni se orire, wa ku iku gbigbona leni. O tun serere laye mo. Oti fenuko. Aye e ti baje.
aye ti baje bi igbe adiye,ko ni da fun iya to bi e lomo, gbogbo iran e ma talaka Ku ni
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Rybnyk(m): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2016
RooRuudRonSaha:
Christian girls always exposing their bodies. Religion of nudity.
How ignorant of you . textbook myopic thinking
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2016
Rybnyk:
How ignorant of you . textbook myopic thinking
you are a fool and the real ignoramus. Do you do same when your gullible mates cast aspersions at islam and muslims or yorubas.

1 Like

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by JayJayGee: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2016
Some people can talk rubbish... Now what is bad in that dressing...
This no reach wetin uniport girls dey wear
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 7:17am On Aug 26, 2016
RoastedCorn:
aye ti baje bi igbe adiye,ko ni da fun iya to bi e lomo, gbogbo iran e ma talaka Ku ni
shishe shishe lonmu obuko ba iya e sun, oti shishe loni. Roasted corn aye e ma sun bi agbado sisun. Awon iya mi osoronga wo ti da soro e. Wa ma gbe ekiri titi to ma fi bebe.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2016
RoastedCorn:
is it only me or I can't find anything bad in their dressing . . what happens to their students right,aren't they adults?, don't they know what is good for them?? . .how has this their dressing affected anybody's life,how does this curb sexual harassment??
instead of them to focus on developing on school's system and administration, they are doing rubbish . . misplaced priorities.
RooRuudRonSaha:
They were duly served,that is sharia.Is unijos using sharia law?
babooshka:
I also don't see how it improves d educational status of d institution. Naija and misplaced priorities.

To all those who are posting like the above....there is a very good reason why we have dress codes in our unviersities....and no it is not just for the sake of morals.

Keep it in mind that school is not only a place where you pass exams to pick up your certificate at the end,it is also a place where you are being prepared for the future.

Most places of employment in Nigeria have dress codes. Banks, law firms,hospitals, factories, businesses, eateries, the armed forces ,petrol stations,etc....all of them have dress codes that must be strictly observed, and if they are not observed, you get sacked.

So, I see nothing wrong in schools telling students to dress a particular way. Tomorrow....these students are going to get jobs where a dress code is in force....not only for the corporate image of the company or firm ,but in some instances for workers safety.(Like factories and hospitals for example).

Or would anyone of you like it if the banker attending to you wore a singlet and torn jeans,or a micro-mini and a cleavage exposing top? Would you come back to such a bank? Or would you go to the bank where every worker is dressed as a banker.

School is not just a place to pass exams.It is a place to learn survival skills.And if you are not strong enough to be humble and learn those skills....maybe you should not complain when you do not get a job, or get looked at in ways you do not like.

1 Like

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by ozil123: 7:29am On Aug 26, 2016
abeg,make dem do am for uniben.dose St.Albert girls nor go kill pesin.

1 Like

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by favexx(f): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2016
Am sure it cant happen in futo. Who u wan ban who u wan leave...
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Chigold101(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
Lwkmd grin

3months is not bad, I hope they dnt miss their exam.

They can get materials nd read at home
3 months to change their wardrobe.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by hariorh: 7:45am On Aug 26, 2016
Too bad... Students don't realize that we live in a Nigeria that is full of bigots grin

When you are in Rome, behave like Romans not Americans grin
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Zakkyoz: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2016
may dem go chop kola

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by NairaandNigeria: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2016
Igbofirstlady:
The University of Jos has suspended a total number of 30 students for improper dressing.
On the school notice board, it was recorded that 20 are final year students (400level) and 10 are mixed of 200level and 100level.

The suspended students are expected to stay away from the school till after 3 months.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/u2016/08/unijos-suspends-30-students-for.html

This will teach them lesson that walking nakedly cannot be accepted in our institutions
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by sinaj(f): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Chigold101:
3 months to change their wardrobe.
lol
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by whallheY(m): 8:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Can somebody tell me what things guy is trying to say?

To all those who are posting like the above....there is a very good reason why we have dress codes in our unviersities....and no it is not just for the sake of morals.

Keep it in mind that school is not only a place where you pass exams to pick up your certificate at the end,it is also a place where you are being prepared for the future.

Most places of employment in Nigeria have dress codes. Banks, law firms,hospitals, factories, businesses, eateries, the armed forces ,petrol stations,etc....all of them have dress codes that must be strictly observed, and if they are not observed, you get sacked.

So, I see nothing wrong in schools telling students to dress a particular way. Tomorrow....these students are going to get jobs where a dress code is in force....not only for the corporate image of the company or firm ,but in some instances for workers safety.(Like factories and hospitals for example).

Or would anyone of you like it if the banker attending to you wore a singlet and torn jeans,or a micro-mini and a cleavage exposing top? Would you come back to such a bank? Or would you go to the bank where every worker is dressed as a banker.

School is not just a place to pass exams.It is a place to learn survival skills.And if you are not strong enough to be humble and learn those skills....maybe you should not complain when you do not get a job, or get looked at in ways you do not like.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by elegance101(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2016
OP which UNIJOS is that? Or is there another UNIJOS aside this one I'm in?......fake news everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by shabakm: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2016
better for them
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by shabakm: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2016
elegance101:
OP which UNIJOS is that? Or is there another UNIJOS aside this one I'm in?......fake news everywhere.
may be you are not punctual in the school or u dey bush where u they smoke egboo
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2016
whallheY:

What I am trying to say is that when you get a job in a factory for example....you have to wear special clothes for your protection. You cannot just wear anything.

University dress codes are meant, whether intentionally or not...to prepare you for that future. Where taking a job means that you have to wear certain clothes associated with that job.

If you do not get it...sorry.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Rank50: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2016
& wtf z wrong with their dressing. All these old ass people carrying morality for head when they do worse behind closed doors. Come Uniport & see dressing
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by UncleJudax(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2016
RoastedCorn:
is it only me or I can't find anything bad in their dressing . . what happens to their students right,aren't they adults?, don't they know what is good for them?? . .how has this their dressing affected anybody's life,how does this curb sexual harassment??
instead of them to focus on developing on school's system and administration, they are doing rubbish . . misplaced priorities.
That picture up there is some random pic...that has nothing to do with girls or the topic. Make una de use una head na angry
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Ghost447(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
Lwkmd grin

I hope you know that three months is a full semester?
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by kan12(m): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2016
ladies this days leave nothing to the Imagination.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by sinaj(f): 8:45am On Aug 26, 2016
Ghost447:
I hope you know that three months is a full semester?
nope

Some semesters run into 4 months. 3 for learning, sometimes sug week b4 exam daz 4

Depends on d skul
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by gemale(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Haba! Out of all d tins 2 suspend students over, na indecent dressing? Pple r going bonkers. Ds is just a case of power drunkenness & abuse by d University authorities. Ceturis paribus, those students wld miss exams & d final yr students wld certainly hv an Xtra yr. Hw wld dt +vely influence their lives? I dnt support indecent dressing bt I tnk we r taking ds issue overboard. Youths wld b youths & r given 2 bouts of exuberance dt I feel wld pass as dey age. D best dt shld happen is vocal reprimand & sending dem back 2 their residence 2 dress beta. Dis act is tantamount 2 killing a mosquito wt a sledgehammer.
Re: UNIJOS Suspends 30 Students For Indecent Dressing by Rexhenrex(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
Lwkmd grin

hehe,,,exam is next 2weeks in u.j

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.