Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Happy Independence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence? (8382 Views)

Happy Independence Day!. (photos) / Happy Independence Day:Nigeria Is 54 / Post Your Happy Independence Nigeria....picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Independence? by maray(f): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy independence undecided undecided
Re: Happy Independence? by 1forall: 10:00am On Oct 01, 2009
We need a new independence, the one in 1960 is expired. Independence from the greedy ruling class, from the politicians criminals, illiterates and thugs that are in the leadership, and independence from our 'naija' mentality which has been ingrained in us over the years and if we arent genuine in that fight for an new independent nigeria, this same situation shall prevail even at 100!
But for now the average nigerian is fettered by the system, so theres even no independence to be happy about. We should have stopped thinking we were independent since IBB 'annuled' the freeest and fairest election ever in our country's history!

It was option A4! No ballot  boxes, no voters cards, just count the people and announce the results there immediately.
Even with that, where are the candidates now? arent they in the Government system already? Or does anyone among us want to stand up?
Re: Happy Independence? by tunyus(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2009
NAIJA DEY CELEBRATE FAILURE[b][/b]
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2009
Why is everybody shoutn hapi indep.day bulshit?r we indep?wn we vrtualy import evrytn evn tothpick.do we hv any reasn 2b hapi 2day?.@49 we stl hv epileptic power suply.@49 ASUU stl go on strke due 2lack of paymnt.coincidentaly dey r on strke 2day.@49 we stl hv death traps cald road netwrk.@49 we stl hv milions of UNEMPLOYD youths out dere.which one shal i say&leave d other?talk of security,health scheme,social services,our entire economy,i cn go on&on&on.notin seems to be workin in ds God forsaken country.our bankin sector,telecom industries,even our football house they r all in crises.which way nigeria?our leaders r so blind dat they cn't even see where they r leadin us to,Oh my God, i am so sick of ds country.my brodas&sistas na so we go dey dey all d tim?Arise O'Lord dat nigeria shal scater soonest.Hw long shal we continue 2suffer&smile like dis nigerians?.I DEY VEX FOR DIS COUNTRY!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 01, 2009
Why is everybody shoutn hapi indep.day bulshit?r we indep?wn we vrtualy import evrytn evn tothpick.do we hv any reasn 2b hapi 2day?.@49 we stl hv epileptic power suply.@49 ASUU stl go on strke due 2lack of paymnt.coincidentaly dey r on strke 2day.@49 we stl hv death traps cald road netwrk.@49 we stl hv milions of UNEMPLOYD youths out dere.which one shal i say&leave d other?talk of security,health scheme,social services,our entire economy,i cn go on&on&on.notin seems to be workin in ds God forsaken country.our bankin sector,telecom industries,even our football house they r all in crises.which way nigeria?our leaders r so blind dat they cn't even see where they r leadin us to,Oh my God, i am so sick of ds country.my brodas&sistas na so we go dey dey all d tim?Arise O'Lord dat nigeria shal scater soonest.Hw long shal we continue 2suffer&smile like dis nigerians?.I DEY VEX FOR DIS COUNTRY!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by hackney(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy independence  day sha o!!!!
(regardless)
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2009
Re: Happy Independence? by jamace(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2009
Let me not deceive myself to say happy Independence to any one today or accept such wish from anybody. I am disappointed with proceedings in Nigeria.

Our leaders are too corrupt and show lackadaisical attitude to the wellfare of citizens. Imagine how students have been at home for about 3 months now because of ASUU strike.

I watched the Independence prayer service organised in Abuja and I almost wept. The ceremony was more of an occasion to recognise/ acknowledge  the so-called who is who in Nigeria instead of praying and crying out to God for deliverance. It was so funny that the church was filled with more  security men than worshippers, for fear of kidnappers. While the ogas were pretending to be praying, the security operatives were not praying, instead they were looking for satan inside the church. How can our leaders have peace of mind when those they are supposed to govern are languishing in poverty and general discontentment? I know the ceremony was not for prayers but to further enrich themselves. To support this assertion, it was announced during the service that the reverends/pastors who made the ceremony possible were to come back to the church the second day to be appreciated/gratified. Those clergymen must have gotten brown envelopes worth more than the pretentious prayers they organised. I tell you more solemnly, the wrath of God is upon all our leaders and clergymen. No wonder, nothing works, NOT EVEN  football that used to be our only source of consolation. It is obvious God has left us to our fate because of our iniquities. Our leaders must repent!!

Sadly, our leaders know that they are not governing well hence every Independence day is celebrated low-keyed. Then who are we ordinary citizens to rejoice on Independence day?  sad  sad  cry  cry
Re: Happy Independence? by rugxy(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2009
i have a dream abt naija,that one day,Nigeria will be free from all these problems,so,dear friend ,celebrate and pray for Nigeria smiley because this is our own Jerusalem,GOD BLESS YOU AND ME AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA.HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!! cool undecided[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Happy Independence? by WarfyBoy(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2009
, If i remember say na independence dem dey celebrate today i dey vess
Re: Happy Independence? by Dave6: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2009
We pray that GOD will continue to help this country.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED A REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY AND IT'S MAINLY US, THE YOUTH THAT CAN MAKE THAT CHANGE.

2011 CHANGE MUST COME AND THE PROCESS STARTS NOW!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by snapshot: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2009
happy looting,by the way are we celebrating 49 or 419? today should have been a day of national mourning because there is nothing to celebrate cry cry cry
Re: Happy Independence? by mcfranc(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2009
A PRAYER FOR NIGERIA @ 49

Our Father and Our God, we praise You for Your goodness to our nation, giving us blessings far beyond what we deserve. Yet we know all is not right with Nigeria. We deeply need a moral and spiritual renewal to help us meet the many problems we face. Convict us of sin. Help us to turn to You in repentance and faith. Set our feet on the path of Your righteousness and peace. We pray today for our nation's leaders. Give them the wisdom to know what is right, and the courage to do it. You have said, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." May this be a new era for Nigeria, as we humble ourselves and acknowledge You alone as our Savior and Lord. This we pray in Your holy name, Amen.

Make una help say AMEN OOOOO
Re: Happy Independence? by osites(m): 10:40am On Oct 01, 2009
hmmmm,my take on the independence is, theres nothing happy bout the independence day coz at 49 this damn country cannot boast of anything solid in terms public/private infrastructure.roads are terrible,water services are pathetic,power is close to nothing(after we were promised 6000mw) poverty is the order of the day around the country and corruption, lets not even venture there coz that considered a norm in nigeria today.we as nigerians should weep for the country and cry out to our leaders to better the place instead of shouting happy birthday nigeria.we should be saying happy survival instead.what a shame
Re: Happy Independence? by snapshot: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2009
asha 80:

Happy 'independence' to a confused nation.
how now?
Re: Happy Independence? by eleshin(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2009
ok,lets hope we are the eighth wonder of the world.happy birthday my dear country nigeria.
Re: Happy Independence? by iice(f): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2009
Re: Happy Independence? by Witi(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2009
I supply my water from individual effort (Personal borehole), Electricity through inverter and Generator serviced by me, the roads I ply daily are very bad and I spend extra money to maintain my car, I have to pay extra money for OPC and Vigilante due to fear of insecurity, Yet my tax is being deducted monthly under the pay as you earn scheme. My take home pay paid to me by my employer (NUC) cant take me. I see thieves, Liars, Rouges parading themselves as my Chairman LG, Governor, and Minister. Thieves make law for me they parade themselves as Lawmakers in our National Assembly. My country, My home, My Place of birth  NIGERIA IS 49 today and still foolish, corrupt, unstable, confused, without direction and hopeless. Happy Independence day. sad sad sad
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2009
Hapy independence.Dnt u all no dat something is wrong with nigeria.If u watched AIT this morng&heard wot was done to el rufai becos hes against yar adua,u will pity nigeria.Yar adua said DO NOT LOOSE HOPE IN NIGERIA.Tel me can a visionless&hopeless leader assure his followers not to loose hope? Pls tell me wot yar adua achieved in 2yrs.Is it ASUU,SSANU,POWER,BAD ROADS,UNEMPLOYMENT,ELECTION RIGGING,INSECURITY,CORRUPTION,HUMAN RIGHT ABUSES,FAILURE IN SPORT,HOSPITALS FAILURE?
Re: Happy Independence? by hubreality(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2009
Many things to celebrate. We still have life to watch and bring a change in this country. I see a New Nigeria, it doesn't matter the rot now. If you see it, you have it. Join the Reach Out Nigeria Campaign today. We can! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Happy Independence? by bj80(m): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2009
Yes, Nigeria is 49 years old. Where do we go from here? People have been saying different things but I tell you today that if we can change our idea of things cannot be okay that most Nigerians are having in mind, then we are a step out of these mess. Lets think alike, it is compulsory that we have a leader(Good or Bad) but we as Nigerians have to contribute to the growth of this country. Let the New Nigeria start from your house and see what Nigeria will be in years to come. Lets teach our children the right things and it will be well with Nigeria.
We can make Nigeria great again. And for President Yar'Adua don't give up don't that which is right and be expecting a change in your health.
Happy Celebration Nigerians
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Happy Independence? by Hoteph(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2009
Our leaders dey do us wayooo!
Re: Happy Independence? by bj80(m): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2009
I mean "And for President Yar'Adua don't give up, do that which is right and be expecting a change in your health".
Re: Happy Independence? by globatop: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2009
Nigerian are too gullible, for every woe they shout God, will He come down to act on our behalf, even the so called prophets refuse to confront bad governance, instead they have romance with them. In the whole of old testament no  good prophet have romance with the king.  Our destiny is in our hands, we should confront rigging come 2011
Re: Happy Independence? by AjanleKoko: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Independence guys.
Nigeria remains a great country because of you and me, not because of some silly politicians.
If we see ourselves as great, we will be motivated to do great things.
Have a great day all.
Re: Happy Independence? by candylips(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2009
There is nothing Happy about this Independence day
Re: Happy Independence? by Tolulop001(f): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2009
we should place a '1' between the  4 and the 9 (419) angry angry angry

our usual mantra, E GO BETA doesn not seem to be working anymore

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE MY GOOD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Happy Independence? by igodieoh(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2009
just say happy (delete) independence day!. What is happy about it?
Re: Happy Independence? by Orobert: 11:19am On Oct 01, 2009
Most people are of the opinion that there is nothing to celebrate about Nigeria. I think I am out today running around and having so much fun, not cos Nigeria is a great nation nor her people good. Am celebrating Nigeria cos am a Nigerian, and she just turned 49 today.

My Country may she ever be right but right or wrong my country.
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by dafman10(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2009
snapshot:

happy looting,by the way are we celebrating 49 or 419? today should have been a day of national mourning because there is nothing to celebrate cry cry cry
snapshot:

MAYBE MY GUY HELP ME ASK AGF AND IBORI PLUS YARADULL
Re: Happy Independence? by ogologonma: 11:24am On Oct 01, 2009
Pls can someone tell me how old Nigeria is.
Re: Happy Independence? by sley4life(m): 11:50am On Oct 01, 2009
Fools celebration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims / Politicians Funding Bandits, Others — Air Force Boss / Biafra: Buhari Should Reverse IPOB Ban - Prof. Ben Nwabueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.