Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Happy Independence? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence? (8385 Views)

Happy Independence Day!. (photos) / Happy Independence Day:Nigeria Is 54 / Post Your Happy Independence Nigeria....picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Independence? by Nizoral(f): 8:12am On Oct 01, 2009
First of all hapi independence day 2 al my felow 9jans. U can imagine 49 yrs notin 2 show 4 it f^^k al dm govt we shudnt b celebratn i feel like denyn dis country but wil i do gud or bad she is stil my country[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Happy Independence? by lonelypal(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2009
abhosts:

Nigeria is my one and only Country. I love Nigeria.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

i stopped that prayer a long time ago when I see d feats achieved by some enviable individuals like FASHOLA, SOYINKA, FAWEHINMI, ASA, DANGOTE to mention a few, stopped when i remember the abundant natural resources we are endowed with, stopped when i remember how the Almighty has overpampered us with a peaceful coexistence amidst a polity under siege. Anyone outhere will agree with me that even God seems to be tired with our case. The Nigerian problem is not about God'S BLESSINGS cos we are alrdy physically, naturally and humanly endowed. What we lack as countrymen especially some of our leaders of today is the FEAR of God AND and that altruistic heart a leader should have. My new prayer now is that God almighty should touch the heart of men and women of this country especially the rulling klass. AMEEN!!!! Shikena! embarassed
Re: Happy Independence? by kasilly(m): 8:24am On Oct 01, 2009
thanks
Re: Happy Independence? by vividgate: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2009
We have every reason to be happy.I am crazy about my beloved country Nigeria.The saying goes that "Great heights are not attained by sundden flights"

God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy Independence? by shoboy9: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2009
Is there any reason to be happy being a nigerian?

As long as this set of politicians are hanging around our neck, our days will see more grief and sorrow.

For those who have reason to rejoice I say congrats.

Those who see reason to put on sack cloth and ashes, I say you see well. May God answer your prayers.
Re: Happy Independence? by oluaina79: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2009
God dey .I know surely God no go leave him pickins
Re: Happy Independence? by kokoA(m): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2009
grin grin Naija!
Re: Happy Independence? by Pataki: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2009
There is nothing to pray for about Nigeria, and neither is there anything to be happy about in a silly independent day.
Re: Happy Independence? by dedeike: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2009
There is a lot to celebrate about Nigeria. no wars. no natural disasters. no disintegration. our courts are delivering good judgements. More governors are performing. our banks are being sanitized. our economy was not seriously hit by the global recession. we're hosting the world this month. our entertainment industry is booming. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAIJA.
Re: Happy Independence? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2009
Nothin' to celebrate but happy independence all the same.
Re: Happy Independence? by honeric01(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2009
At least, i'm happy that there is no war in Nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Happy Independence? by r231(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2009
happy birthday to all nigerians arround the world, may the peace of god be upon you and your loved ones amen. hip hip hip hurray.
Re: Happy Independence? by naijacann: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2009
which independence?
Re: Happy Independence? by Ogetogeo(m): 9:00am On Oct 01, 2009
Nigeria I hail thee! At 49,u stil crawl! U r regarded as a regional power,but yet,ur people r in perpetual danger,as a result of insecurity, Nigeria I hail thee! Wit a population of over 120 million,u r regarded as d most populous black nation on earth,yet lack human resources.U stil depend heavyly on xpatriats, Nigeria I hail thee! Regarded as one of the most religious nation,yet,immorality and curruption are ways of life, Nigeria I hail thee! U r said to b blessed with oil,but it is turning into a curse. We now kill each other for oil,even as it remain the most xpensive commodity u can get! Nigeria I hail thee! To ur north is religious and ethnic crisis, also boko haram! To ur east is kidnapping and insecurity! To ur south is terrorism and millitancy! And to ur west is political unrest! Wot a nation? Nigeria I hail thee! Ur leaders live in mansions made of the finest materials, are clothed wit xpensive linen ropes (xactly the very foreign materials they ban) and move about with chains of security,yet the masses wallow in abject poverty, Nigeria I hail thee! Ur Dir(t)ector promised seven points agenda (appology 2 uncle yara dull), yet not one is fulfilled after 2 yrs, Nigeria I hail thee! Ur youths(supposed leaders of 2mrrw) roam the street aimlessly and engage in different social vices, with ur schools under keys and lock, while yaro dull is busy commisioning one in d middle east! After all, all their kids and relations school abroad, Nigeria I hail thee! Ur young graduate roam about the streets with worn out shoes, attending series of interviews yet, no forthcoming job,while our old men are being recycled in every sector of the economy,
Nigeria I hail thee! Ur rich get richer while d poor is getting poorer by the day, ask sanusi of CBN. Nigeria I hail thee! Sports,especially football that used to be a source of joy to the masses, is now endagered! Nigeria I hail thee! U are endangered, u need both surgical operation and spiritual deliverance. This type of deliverance,comes with laying of hands and legs (appology to my sis), Lets pray for NIGERIA! embarassed
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Angry Independence Day!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by Holumighty(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2009
As we do the october celebration we should also be celebrating the death of our useless leader or ruler by killing them one after the other. Now you start from your school and me from my school till the whole world laud our rebranding concept of killing every bad ruler, We are tired of preaching CHANGES that killed TUPAC, so lets adopt the MTN advert that says start doing something now!
Re: Happy Independence? by yhemzy(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy independence "GOOD PEOPLE,BAD LEADERS".We hope to a brighter rewarding future.God bless naija angry
Re: Happy Independence? by asha80(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy 'independence' to a confused nation.
Re: Happy Independence? by abasifo(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2009
Other might have forgotten,
But never can i,
The Flag of my country
Furls very high,
Happy Independence day

“No nation is perfect,
it needs to be made perfect”
Happy Independence day.
Re: Happy Independence? by Viciyke(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2009
My personal opinion, I think its suppose to be dis year 2009 dat we are suppose to gain our independence, it would av served us better as we have been a huge failure 4 d past 49yrs.
Re: Happy Independence? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2009
The enemy is here and he is us.
Re: Happy Independence? by Dialup(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2009
I just have to celebrate the liberty I have today as a Nigerian. When u consider the slavery in S.Africa uptill early 90's, that's when u'll know it's worth celebrating the liberty not our leaders!

Happy Independence!!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by Dialup(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2009
I just have to celebrate the liberty I have today as a Nigerian. When u consider the slavery in S.Africa uptill early 90's, that's when u'll know it's worth celebrating the liberty not our leaders!

Happy Independence!!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by honeric01(m): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2009
I'm happy because i can still breathe air

I'm happy because i still have a place to call home

I am happy that in spite of all the odds, i still eat my 3 square meal.
Re: Happy Independence? by dedeike: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2009
Go to the mirrow and see the man behind Nigeria's problem
Re: Happy Independence? by honeric01(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2009
everyone of us is our problem, ALL NIGERIANS!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by xtianh(m): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2009
HAPPY to nigerians, Am happy to BURN in Nigeria but not Happy to Associate my Name With Nigeria
I wish i was a Ghanian, We the Citizen in the dont even know our own right We choose to do things the way it Comes No
nobody is ready to fight for his/her right.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO NIGERIANS !!!!!!!!!!!  lipsrsealed
Re: Happy Independence? by C2H5OH(f): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2009
Happy Indepdendence Nigerians.

Make Nigeria a better place for you, me, and the next generation.
Re: Happy Independence? by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2009
xtianh:

HAPPY to nigerians, Am happy to BURN in Nigeria but not Happy to Associate my Name With Nigeria
I wish i was a Ghanian, We the Citizen in the dont even know our own right We choose to do things the way it Comes No
nobody is ready to fight for his/her right.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO NIGERIANS !!!!!!!!!!!  lipsrsealed

when Ghana was passing through their hell, you didn't wish to be a Ghanaian then abi? so now that they have reticfied their problems, you want to change nationality? you wish you were a Ghanaian? coward!!!
Re: Happy Independence? by mrofficial(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2009
[size=15pt]Happy Independence day to every Nigerian!!! Looting continues, TOAST?[/size]
Re: Happy Independence? by Jairzinho(m): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2009
. . . 49 years and nothing to show o . . . . . . .  cry cry cry cry cry cry

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHQTsI_AuU&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Happy Independence? by Davedavy: 9:58am On Oct 01, 2009
so we be 49 years now, chei!!! what a big disgrace our country is,49years with nothing to show for it.omase oooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Create Automobile Clusters In Lagos, Nnewi, Kano / Breaking! Emeka Ihedioha Is The New Speaker. Congrat! / PDP Members Rejoice As Buhari Emerges APC's Presidential Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.