Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader (891 Views)

El-Zakzaky: Islamic Cleric Feared Dead In Detention - The Guardian / Zakzaky Is In A House We Built For Him, He’s Not In Detention – Lai Mohammed / Femi Fani-Kayode Out Of Prison After 24 Days In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by smacx: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Joachim Iroko, the trader arrested for naming his dog Buhari, says the most painful part of his ordeal was the murder of the animal while he was in detention.

Iroko was arraigned on Monday before a Sango Ota magistrate’s court, Ogun state, on a two-count charge bordering on breach of the peace.

Although he was immediately granted bail, Iroko wasn’t able to fulfill the bail conditions until Thursday.

Shortly after his release, the trader told Vanguard that going to prison was a good experience for him.

Iroko revealed that he has also named his dogs after Nelson Mandela, late South African leader and Barack Obama, US president.

“I am so happy. It is a joy to me. I have missed my family; that was most painful. Prison is a place to experienced in one’s life. It is like a rehabilitation home: you learn many things there and there are many people you may not have the opportunity to talk to.

“But in prison, you will sit down with them and discuss. There are many things you take for granted, but when you go to prison you know there is law.

“The only thing I am regretting about my coming to prison is the intimidation from the Hausa community. Going to prison is a golden moment for me. As a matter of fact, they misunderstood me. I have three dogs: one bears Obama, one bears Joe, an abbreviation of my name. The third is named Buhari.

“I named these dogs after my role models. My late dog was named after Nelson Mandela. I don’t just give any name to my dogs. I give reputable names to my dogs. It is love I have for Buhari; he is my role model.

Full story at https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/joachim-iroko-buhari-dog-owner/
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by dunkem21(m): 11:59am On Aug 26, 2016
“I named these dogs after my role models. My late dog was named after Nelson Mandela. I don’t just give any name to my dogs. I give reputable names to my dogs. It is love I have for Buhari; he is my role model.

lipsrsealed
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Next time you choose role models carefully, not criminals
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
Next time you choose role models carefully, not criminals.
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by HtwoOw: 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
rubbish
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by Greenback: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
HtwoOw:
rubbish
so DOGHARI is gone!
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by 9jii(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
See what your stupidity causes for a poor Dog
Re: They Killed ‘buhari’ While I Was In Detention, Says Trader by Paretomaster(m): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
ahahha, dem Don play dis man piano, E dey sing another song...

(1) (Reply)

Photos: School Commissioned By Buhari In Osun / What Matters To You Most? Zahra Buhari Gets Epic Reply / Ipob Calls For Ceasedite On Vanguard Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.