Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads (59386 Views)

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / 10 Cars That Have Other Names In Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by depumpin(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
What is really happening in this part of the world? A secondary school student won a pant as a prize from his teacher for his good behaviour. The teacher who awarded the “special prize” to him inf front of his classmates - proudly posed for the camera. This reportedly happened in Kenya.

Op abeg i wan see am for fp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by BABANGBALI: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
How about volkswagen Bintu?
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Tobbey(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
No pathfinder??
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by EROMS38(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:
Which acura RDX? Gbese motor,
Which sequoia? Yeye big box,
Which 2014-2016 highlander? Flashy girls thieves magnet

The correct lists are as follows:

1. Toyota Camry pencil light and envelope (1998-2001)
2. Toyota corolla (1998-2007)
3. Toyota Hilux (all models)
4. Toyota highlander (2000-2007)
5.Toyota 4runner (all models)
6. Peugeot 504, 505, 406
7. Mercedes Benz W202 c class 1997-2001
8. Tipper 911.(in fact Na number one this should occupy, I recommend it as a daily long distance traveller for individuals and families) No! don't ask my why! undecided lipsrsealed

The rest are just
nice list but add Toyota Carina all models

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Stepoo: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:

6. Peugeot 504, 505, 406
8. Tipper 911.(in fact Na number one this should occupy, I recommend it as a daily long distance traveller for individuals and families) No! don't ask my why! undecided lipsrsealed

them say cars not trucks
The rest are just

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by mayor2013: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
What analysis did you carry out to arrive @ this list? Can't see the almighty corolla 03- 07, this list is incomplete to the best of my knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Armstrong34(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
op u no include Ford products.......
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by klbakare(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:

6. Peugeot 504, 505, 406

The rest are just

U guys didn't mention volkswagen golf MK2 and volkswagen T3 bus
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by 9jatatafo(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
girlfromafrica:
Taking the Nigerian problem into perspective we decided to undertake a research of some cars which were built for the terrible conditions prevalent in Nigerian roads. Here are 10 cars we found out were built for Nigerian roads. Bewarned…dem cost…thank God for second hand sha.

10 Toyota Sequoia

The Toyota sequoia is one of the toughest cars you can find on the road. The Toyota sequoia is built to withstand and navigate all sorts of the difficult landscape, such as hilly terrains, pot holes, speed bumps, and muddy landscape.

It’s sleek body shape construction and spacious interior makes this car quite eye catching.

The Toyota sequoia costs about $40,000 which is over N12 million if you do the conversion correctly with today’s dollar-naira rate.

9 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

The guys who designed the Toyota 4Runner had the bad road network of Nigeria in mind when they built this rugged vehicle. The Toyota 4Runner TRD comes with a set of huge tires, off-road suspension, and a high ride height that gives you the feeling of superiority when riding on the difficult Nigerian landscape.

The Toyota 4Runner TRD is quite spacious and would do great as a family SUV too. The price is on the high side, though. It costs nothing less than $38,000 (i.e. N12 million) to acquire this ride.

8 Acura RDX

The Acura RDX is a masterpiece that was created for off-road travels. The pot-holes on Nigerian roads will constitute an insignificant hitch when the Acura RDX is on the move. The car has all the specifications that befit a car suited for the technologically advanced 21st century.

The Acura RDX comes with a powerful turbocharged gasoline engine, powered by 4 cylinders. This is a car built for Nigerian roads.

Pricing starts at $30,000.

7 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X

The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is one of a kind when it comes to cars built to withstand difficult road conditions. The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is one of the first cars you’ll spot in any Nissan showroom. One feature that endears one to the Xterra is the 265/75R16 tires which are built to withstand any sort of rough terrain. Another feature that helps the Xterra overcome poor road conditions, is the high suspension that comes with its trim body shape.

The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is also known for its low gas consumption. Pricing for this car begins at $26,000.

6 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited series

These Jeep series are simply irresistible. Instead of shelling out tons of cash to fund cars which will sooner than later be destroyed by bad Nigerian roads, a pick of any of the Jeep wrangler unlimited series will do. Some astounding members of these series include Wrangler Unlimited WILLYS WHEELER, Wrangler Unlimited Sports, Wrangler Unlimited Black Bear, the Wrangler Unlimited Sahara etc. All these cars go for below $35,000.

Saying that these cars are built to withstand off-road conditions is an understatement. These are a really strong set of cars.

5 Jeep Liberty

Well, here’s another tough one. The Jeep Liberty is gradually becoming quite popular for those who know a thing or two about cars. The Jeep liberty is one car which was indeed built for Nigerian roads; you will be forgiven for adding the Sahara desert to that number, though. This is one SUV you should definitely check out. It comes with a 210 horse power engine, high suspension, alloy wheels, automatic gears and engines running on V6 cylinders.

This is truly a machine in a world of its own. Pricing for the Jeep liberty starts at $36,000.

4 Toyota Highlander 2014-2016

The Toyota Highlander is another sports utility vehicle (SUV) that was built to undertake daunting landscape challenges. The Toyota Highlander comes with a powerful V6 engine and a high suspension.

The Toyota Highlander is a strong car with a sleek shape that can easily navigate Nigerian roads with no problem. This car comes at a price starting from $25,000.

CHECK OUT THE REST @ https://idonsabi.com/2016/08/26/top-10-cars-built-for-nigerian-roads/

Copy and paste loaded

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by diegwu01: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
OP, I can use a Formula 1 car from my home to Office, a Shopping Mall to my Club and Church.... Nigerian Road ke?, as if all Nigerian roads are off road terrains.. pls edit your topic

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by LineSilver: 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
@Op, and so you think men wey gather over #12m to buy car go Just sidon dey scroll through nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
What of Ijapa

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Oyoyo190: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
they are really good for our roads
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by corneli83(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
girlfromafrica:

Honda dey market? shocked

I advice you design a questionnaire for users of Honda civic 98 to 2005 and then come back to tell us the result of a true research.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Olulinks(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
The title of this post is supposed to be "THE FUEL GULPING VEHICLES USED BY IGNORANT NIGERIAN CITIZENS"

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
What about Audi?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by aigjoe(m): 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Op you left out the likes of;
1. Range Rover Sport
2. Audi Q7
3. BMW X6
4. Audi Q7
5. Infinity JX35
6. Benz G63 AMG
7. Benz GL450
8. Lexus GX
9. Porsche Cayenne
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4x4

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by emorse(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
nurey:
If you have not mentioned ISUZU, then your list belongs in the trash.

Isuzu tiger rugged mover
Isuzu tiger powerful runner
Everyone around the nation Haa haa
Isuzu serving you.
Those were the good old days

Lololol!!! Old man!
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by nams77: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:

6. Peugeot 504, 505, 406

The rest are just

Oga kingreign. Referring to your list, between Camry pencil light and Mercedes Benz W202 c class which would you suggest for someone using fuel consumption, affordable parts and maintenance,handling and suspension as a yardstick. Thank you sir. Might just throw in a golf 3/4 in there though I don't like its petite shape
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by abdullkabar(m): 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
No Pictures!!......bt y nao I came here to see pictures of the cars undecided
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Jarus(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
I once used a Toyota 4runner and can attest to its ruggedness. It was only yesterday I was telling my wife that was the most rugged vehicle we ever used.
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by NobleG1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
girlfromafrica:
Taking the Nigerian problem into perspective we decided to undertake a research of some cars which were built for the terrible conditions prevalent in Nigerian roads. Here are 10 cars we found out were built for Nigerian roads. Bewarned…dem cost…thank God for second hand sha.

10 Toyota Sequoia

The Toyota sequoia is one of the toughest cars you can find on the road. The Toyota sequoia is built to withstand and navigate all sorts of the difficult landscape, such as hilly terrains, pot holes, speed bumps, and muddy landscape.

It’s sleek body shape construction and spacious interior makes this car quite eye catching.

The Toyota sequoia costs about $40,000 which is over N12 million if you do the conversion correctly with today’s dollar-naira rate.

9 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

The guys who designed the Toyota 4Runner had the bad road network of Nigeria in mind when they built this rugged vehicle. The Toyota 4Runner TRD comes with a set of huge tires, off-road suspension, and a high ride height that gives you the feeling of superiority when riding on the difficult Nigerian landscape.

The Toyota 4Runner TRD is quite spacious and would do great as a family SUV too. The price is on the high side, though. It costs nothing less than $38,000 (i.e. N12 million) to acquire this ride.

8 Acura RDX

The Acura RDX is a masterpiece that was created for off-road travels. The pot-holes on Nigerian roads will constitute an insignificant hitch when the Acura RDX is on the move. The car has all the specifications that befit a car suited for the technologically advanced 21st century.

The Acura RDX comes with a powerful turbocharged gasoline engine, powered by 4 cylinders. This is a car built for Nigerian roads.

Pricing starts at $30,000.

7 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X

The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is one of a kind when it comes to cars built to withstand difficult road conditions. The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is one of the first cars you’ll spot in any Nissan showroom. One feature that endears one to the Xterra is the 265/75R16 tires which are built to withstand any sort of rough terrain. Another feature that helps the Xterra overcome poor road conditions, is the high suspension that comes with its trim body shape.

The Nissan Xterra Pro-4X is also known for its low gas consumption. Pricing for this car begins at $26,000.

6 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited series

These Jeep series are simply irresistible. Instead of shelling out tons of cash to fund cars which will sooner than later be destroyed by bad Nigerian roads, a pick of any of the Jeep wrangler unlimited series will do. Some astounding members of these series include Wrangler Unlimited WILLYS WHEELER, Wrangler Unlimited Sports, Wrangler Unlimited Black Bear, the Wrangler Unlimited Sahara etc. All these cars go for below $35,000.

Saying that these cars are built to withstand off-road conditions is an understatement. These are a really strong set of cars.

5 Jeep Liberty

Well, here’s another tough one. The Jeep Liberty is gradually becoming quite popular for those who know a thing or two about cars. The Jeep liberty is one car which was indeed built for Nigerian roads; you will be forgiven for adding the Sahara desert to that number, though. This is one SUV you should definitely check out. It comes with a 210 horse power engine, high suspension, alloy wheels, automatic gears and engines running on V6 cylinders.

This is truly a machine in a world of its own. Pricing for the Jeep liberty starts at $36,000.

4 Toyota Highlander 2014-2016

The Toyota Highlander is another sports utility vehicle (SUV) that was built to undertake daunting landscape challenges. The Toyota Highlander comes with a powerful V6 engine and a high suspension.

The Toyota Highlander is a strong car with a sleek shape that can easily navigate Nigerian roads with no problem. This car comes at a price starting from $25,000.

CHECK OUT THE REST @ https://idonsabi.com/2016/08/26/top-10-cars-built-for-nigerian-roads/

Why not just say Japanese cars and Jeeps (SUV) are great for Nigerian roads?
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Bizibi(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
If you are in Benin,don't use sedan oooo.....most Benin roads are off road tracks.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Jarus(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
LineSilver:
@Op, and so you think men wey gather over #12m to buy car go Just sidon dey scroll through nairaland

Why not? I know folks on Nairaland that use cars worth more than 12m. Akin Alabi, Nairabet CEO, is on Nairaland and active. And that's just one example.
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
All vehicles listed are for off-roads.
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by kingreign(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
nams77:

Oga kingreign. Referring to your list, between Camry pencil light and Mercedes Benz W202 c class which would you suggest for someone using fuel consumption, affordable parts and maintenance,handling and suspension as a yardstick. Thank you sir. Might just throw in a golf 3/4 in there though I don't like its petite shape

Mercedes C180 or C220 manual transmission wins it here. No brainer.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by HomeOfMe(f): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:

6. Peugeot 504, 505, 406

The rest are just
Please the Toyota highlander (2007) how much is it at the moment. Also, lexus LR3 and how much?
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Tinyemeka(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
Jarus:
I once used a Toyota 4runner and can attest to its ruggedness. It was only yesterday I was telling my wife that was the most rugged vehicle we ever used.

But when the shocks succumb, the bone-jarring shudders no be for here. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by nams77: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
kingreign:

Mercedes C180 or C220 manual transmission wins it here. No brainer.
Thank you sir. One last question please. Is the automatic transmission of Mercedes c180/c220 problematic seeing you are suggesting a manual tranny. Also hope parts are not that expensive? I have used a 190e and I love the handling, balance and confidence it inspires but all this hype about Toyota Camry as king of the road,me I no understand again o. Thanks all the same and do have a beautiful week ahead
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by Ghost447(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
connkg:
So all of you conspired to remove Honda from the market?
*Don't mention front-arm. Don't dare!
That's it

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by airsaylongcon: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
YoungDaNaval:
What about Audi?

I tire! No Audi 80 B3, B4(Tiger face) or B5
Re: Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads by kingreign(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
nams77:

Thank you sir. One last question please. Is the automatic transmission of Mercedes c180/c220 problematic seeing you are suggesting a manual tranny. Also hope parts are not that expensive? I have used a 190e and I love the handling, balance and confidence it inspires but all this hype about Toyota Camry as king of the road,me I no understand again o. Thanks all the same and do have a beautiful week ahead
No at all, auto are good too, they're cheap too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo's Innoson Car Spotted In UNILAG (Photos) / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / Okoronkwo Kesandu Ogan, 1st Nigerian Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.