Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? (2641 Views)

The Will Of God Vs My Will / The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by DeSepiero(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
Winner01
I'd appreciate if you begin to cite articles, reviews and researches published in journals while creating threads on the atheism-theism.

The blogs and websites you cite often present personal and biased opinions.

best regards
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by winner01(m): 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its impossible for the universe to be eternal . It has a cause and a beginning . Atheists stole the idea of an e uncaused cause from religion - very pathetic .

Nice thread bro @ winner01
Thanks Bro.
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by winner01(m): 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
DeSepiero:
Winner01
I'd appreciate if you begin to cite articles, reviews and researches published in journals while creating threads on the atheism-theism.

The blogs and websites you cite often present personal and biased opinions.

best regards
Like you do when you create your threads right?
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by felixomor: 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
Unfortunately! the universe is enshrined all over with time space and matter.

Therefore it has to have a beginning.

I remember when our Mathematics teacher back then showed me something that changed my life forever.

He showed me the "weakness of mathematics", (at least thats what I could describe it as then)

He asked all of us the question "5 divided by zero?"

Many of us were quick to answer "zero" and some chorused "five".

What amazed me is when he told all of us we were wrong.

I quickly pressed my calculator and it showed "error" as the answer.

He then told us that the answer to the question was a "conventional" answer called "undefined"

That is when it dawned on me that there has to be an "undefined" for every other thing to be defined.

God is the undefined definer.

He exists before time began.

So he needs no "beginning" nor "end".

He himself is the beginning and the end.

Take your brainwork out and reason out of time and space. There you have God. Existing all by Himself.

-To be continued!

cool

2 Likes

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:

grin grin
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
An Atheist does not believe in heaven or hell so believe we are a walking lump of chemicals without purpose and basically without direction as we all would end up as manure for plants when we die so an Atheists life ends here on earth like that of a dog or a chicken as all they would become is plant food.

An Atheist is never willing to accept any proof for the existence of God because they are already in self denial so any external proof to the atheist would be met with stiff resistance so only an atheist can get proof of the existence of God by himself and to himself.

An atheist does not believe in morality i.e right or wrong as to him anything is permissible as long as you can get away with it and not be caught so an atheist can kill, steal, commit rape, pedophilia, homosexuality and all other vices as long as they are ok with it and are not caught by any law governing such.

So let me ask you the depth of Atheism you have gotten...

Do you believe in right or wrong?

Do you believe that when you die you would just be plant food and thats the end of you?

Can you commit beastiality or homosexuality?

Youngestland you are yet to answer my questions. I am waiting o
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by DeSepiero(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
winner01:

You're the one trying to convince the public with your threads. Your source should be authentic and verified.

By the way, I don't create threads, not yet.
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by donnffd(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
peacesamuel94:

A supposedly Supreme Creator that was created, is not qualified to be called God in the first place.

If complex things have to be created, then you would agree that the creator also qualifies as a complex thing which in turn also has to be created...thats the logic and it would keep regressing infinitely

cause and effect applies to the universe and all that is within it.
The God I'm talking about exist outside of space and time and does not need to be
caused by any force. He has no beginning neither does he have an end.

Now because something is outside the universe doesnt mean it cant be caused, have space or time. There is no rule that says causation is only limited to the universe, its like saying because you created a box full of air, it means there is no air outside the box.

I don't know about you, but it sounds more logical to believe that an all powerful conscious being came from nothing and created the universe
than to believe that the material universe (which of course, needs be caused since it does not exist outside of space and time) came from nothing and created everything.

So its more logical for something as complex as the creator to come from nothing but it is impossible for a simple universe that started with one ingredient(Energy) and evolved to what it is now to come from nothing?

Really?
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by donnffd(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
felixomor:
Unfortunately! the universe is enshrined all over with time space and matter.

Therefore it has to have a beginning.

I remember when our Mathematics teacher back then showed me something that changed my life forever.

He showed me the "weakness of mathematics", (at least thats what I could describe it as then)

He asked all of us the question "5 divided by zero?"

Many of us were quick to answer "zero" and some chorused "five".

What amazed me is when he told all of us we were wrong.

I quickly pressed my calculator and it showed "error" as the answer.

He then told us that the answer to the question was a "conventional" answer called "undefined"

That is when it dawned on me that there has to be an "undefined" for every other thing to be defined.

God is the undefined definer.

He exists before time began.

So he needs no "beginning" nor "end".

He himself is the beginning and the end.

Take your brainwork out and reason out of time and space. There you have God. Existing all by Himself.

-To be continued!

cool

I think your realization is a little bit off...@bolded

5 divided by 0 is undefined because it is an invalid question...and not because there is an undefined in every defined...smh
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by felixomor: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
youngestland:

lol thats your own opinion o
please can you prove god wasnt created or do you have proof god exist according to the op. because thats all I have been looking for since I started this journey undecided

I just hope this moniker doesnt belong to somebody familiar that refers to himself as "Hopeful" something?

Just asking!!

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by felixomor: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
donnffd:

5 divided by 0 is undefined because it is an invalid question...and not because there is an undefined in every defined...smh

Hehehehe. invalid question in mathematics ke,

then 5 times zero is valid, hehehhehe

Bros u really deserve to shake that head.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
donnffd:

Its invalid because it does not compute. Same way physical parameters cannot be used to compute spiritual. Same way time cannot be used to measure infinity or eternal.

When something is divided by 0, why is the answer undefined? The reason is related to the associated multiplication question. If you divide 6 by 3 the answer is 2 because 2 times 3 IS 6. If you divide 6 by zero, then you are asking the question, "What number times zero gives 6?"

zero cannot be used to divide a number yet zero is a number Just like we cannot fathom God yet God is with us.

When we try to divide by zero, things stop making sense........When the Atheist tries to logically reason out God and explain the non existence of God things stop making sense.....Sound familiar?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by peacesamuel94(m): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
donnffd:

If complex things have to be created, then you would agree that the creator also qualifies as a complex thing which in turn also has to be created...thats the logic and it would keep regressing infinitely

Now because something is outside the universe doesnt mean it cant be caused, have space or time. There is no rule that says causation is only limited to the universe, its like saying because you created a box full of air, it means there is no air outside the box.

So its more logical for something as complex as the creator to come from nothing but it is impossible for a simple universe that started with one ingredient(Energy) and evolved to what it is now to come from nothing?

Really?

when i said God exists outside space and time what I meant was that he exists in timeless eternity where there is no beginning or ending.

i repeat the creator does not need to be created. THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE CREATION UNTIL HE CREATED. in other words he initiated creation.

Your perspective on energy, is Christians perspective about God, you don't believe God can come from nothing but you believe energy can come from nothing.
But the truth is......God created it.

1 Like

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by youngestland: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
4everGod:

Which Journey? If you say you are on a Journey it means you have a destination...but since you are a newbie let me give you a crash course on the destination a true atheist has for "destination"

An Atheist does not believe in heaven or hell so believe we are a walking lump of chemicals without purpose and basically without direction as we all would end up as manure for plants when we die so an Atheists life ends here on earth like that of a dog or a chicken as all they would become is plant food.

An Atheist is never willing to accept any proof for the existence of God because they are already in self denial so any external proof to the atheist would be met with stiff resistance so only an atheist can get proof of the existence of God by himself and to himself.

An atheist does not believe in morality i.e right or wrong as to him anything is permissible as long as you can get away with it and not be caught so an atheist can kill, steal, commit rape, pedophilia, homosexuality and all other vices as long as they are ok with it and are not caught by any law governing such.

So let me ask you the depth of Atheism you have gotten...

Do you believe in right or wrong?

Do you believe that when you die you would just be plant food and thats the end of you?

Can you commit beastiality or homosexuality?

thats because your proofs arent concrete

morals no no
my dad is a pastor and my uncle is an atheist I can stand and say my uncle has better morals than my dad the love my uncle has for everything is out od this world thats why he just can hurt anyone
I am actually like that. even 90% of religious people dont practise what they preach

I do believe in good and bad lol

there is no life after death when you die which god will you meet the christian god cant judge the muslims that they are wrong because they dint accept jesus neither can the muslim god beacuse a child does not choose to be born a christian or muslim he you understand me

I dont like animals sexually neither do I like you sexually lol
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by donnffd(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
4everGod:

Its invalid because it does not compute. Same way physical parameters cannot be used to compute spiritual. Same way time cannot be used to measure infinity or eternal.

When something is divided by 0, why is the answer undefined? The reason is related to the associated multiplication question. If you divide 6 by 3 the answer is 2 because 2 times 3 IS 6. If you divide 6 by zero, then you are asking the question, "What number times zero gives 6?"

zero cannot be used to divide a number yet zero is a number Just like we cannot fathom God yet God is with us.

When we try to divide by zero, things stop making sense........When the Atheist tries to logically reason out God and explain the non existence of God things stop making sense.....Sound familiar?

I agree with alot of what you said...and i would speak for myself but i dont think i try to prove the non existence of God, i believe thats an impossible task rather i try to look for evidence for his existence both physical and logical and i have come on short, i havent had a very convincing argument for his existence.

As for the spiritual, if it cant be proved, then there is no reason to argue wit it.
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by CoolUsername: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2016
thesicilian:
Why I hate arguments: Everyone comes to the table with their own opinions, get in a heated debate, and leaves with the same opinions they came in with.

Depends on who you're arguing with, though.
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=youngestland post=48856055]

thats because your proofs arent concrete

morals no no
my dad is a pastor and my uncle is an atheist I can stand and say my uncle has better morals than my dad the love my uncle has for everything is out od this world thats why he just can hurt anyone
I am actually like that. even 90% of religious people dont practise what they preach

How do you measure love? If you say your uncle has better morals how do you measure morals? By societal values or something deeper? If you say via societal values and i remove these societal values would you still have morals? Is morality external or first internal? If it is external then what manufactures the external morality? If it is internal then what also manufactures the internal morality?

I do believe in good and bad lol

Why would you believe in good and bad when according to you there is nothing to live for afterall we live so that we can die?

there is no life after death when you die which god will you meet the christian god cant judge the muslims that they are wrong because they dint accept jesus neither can the muslim god beacuse a child does not choose to be born a christian or muslim he you understand me

I can only speak for Christianity as i have been convinced therein so lets stick with that shall we?

I dont like animals sexually neither do I like you sexually lol

So you do believe that all things are not permissible so why so?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by felixomor: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
4everGod:

Yez o

Tell ' em.... smiley
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by youngestland: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=4everGod post=48856554][/quote]
answer to all your questions I HAVE A BRAIN
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by EyeHateGod: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its impossible for the universe to be eternal . It has a cause and a beginning. Atheists stole the idea of an e uncaused cause from religion - very pathetic .

Nice thread bro @ winner01
What Do Atheist Say is the cause? If U can't answers this then U a big Fool! I hate correcting U cause U never learn
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by thesicilian: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Depends on who you're arguing with, though.
True. Very few people I enjoying exchanging ideas with on this forum.
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

What Do Atheist Say is the cause? If U can't answers this then U a big Fool! I hate correcting U cause U never learn

Some Atheists who claim to be science freaks say its the big bang....others say its the Primordial soup (chai scientists and words sha) others say they do not know BUT IT CANNOT BE GOD.

how can you not know yet you still know that it cannot be God. Is that not quarter to madness?
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
youngestland:

answer to all your questions I HAVE A BRAIN

So morality is from your Brain? shocked shocked shocked

Measuring love is from the Brain? shocked shocked shocked

No wonder they said you are a newbie atheist grin grin

1 Like

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
youngestland:

lol thats your own opinion o
please can you prove god wasnt created or do you have proof god exist according to the op. because thats all I have been looking for since I started this journey undecided

Bro, you're looking for something that doesn't exist.....

Na wa o

And you even call it a 'journey' ah!

How then do you want me to prove to you something you already 'believe' doesn't exist does?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thoniameek:

Na wa o

How then do you want me to prove to you something you already 'believe' doesn't exist does?

Its called self denial. A Journey with no end.....The guys odometer will eventually read 1,752,000 hours and he will still be on the Journey looking for who he has already concluded does not exist. Why would you even decide to cook food when you have already concluded you have no mouth to eat with. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by youngestland: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
4everGod:

So morality is from your Brain? shocked shocked shocked

Measuring love is from the Brain? shocked shocked shocked

No wonder they said you are a newbie atheist grin grin

pleasendont bring that bullshit that theres a difference between conscience and brain

well my brain tells me when something is right or wrong

love was taught and put in my brain by my parents and people around me

I laugh at newbie
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by youngestland: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thoniameek:

Na wa o

am looking for evidence because of people like you
when you talk about god existence you say it like its someone you feel everyday and you say it so confidently that he exist only for me to study your evidences and find out they are all normal

I know he dosnt exist but you religious people bring new tricks all the time that makes me doubt my brain that tells me he doesnt exist

for example the story of the guy that went to witness juju in osun I was up all night because his friends were so such the jass would work I already told people in my office that I might be a christian again only for the trick to bounce back thats what you christians do to me you make me doubt my brain sometimes because you talk with confidence and all na big lie
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
youngestland:

when you talk about god existence you say it like its someone you feel everyday and you say it so confidently that he exist only for me to study your evidences and find out they are all normal

I know he dosnt exist but you religious people bring new tricks all the time that makes me doubt my brain that tells me he doesnt exist

for example the story of the guy that went to witness juju in osun I was up all night because his friends were so such the jass would work I already told people in my office that I might be a christian again only for the trick to bounce back thats what you christians do to me you make me doubt my brain sometimes because you talk with confidence and all na big lie

So you doubt your own brain? Then you are not yet an Atheist! Remember i told you that only you can satisfy yourself with the proof you seek. God is an experience and yes we know and feel Him and even converse with Him and if that is too farfetched for you then na you sabi.

Keep looking for the evidence. Its like trying to catch the wind...You dont just rush out and say you want to catch the wind...you first prepare a container for the wind....Your container is not ready for the proof you seek

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

ok
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
youngestland:

Oga, you no be atheist abeg....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by youngestland: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2016
Thoniameek:

Oga, you no be atheist abeg....

madam wetin I come be

I dont believe a god exist but in nigeria you just cant but think otherwise when you meet christians and expecially people that tell you tales of supernatural and the boldness they say it only to ask them to prove it in your front story go enter
Re: Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? by winner01(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

ok
Lol grin grin grin
Best answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe in the Ifa Religion? / Your Favourite Gospel Ringtone / God Uses Sign Fireman To Instantly Heal A Lady Of Breast Lump!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.