Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910970 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 2:31am On Oct 25, 2016
brandymcmb:

Since you can't renew your passport yet cos expiration date is still sept next year

Trv would be given till the expiration of your passport , when your passport expires in Canada you fly to our embassy in Ottawa and renew your passport then apply for extension of trv to CIC

oh OK. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesam91: 4:05am On Oct 25, 2016
[q0224746495uote author=Preciouzsss post=50483318]Hello everyone, please, any University of Windsor student/applicant here? I need information on affordable housing as i don't want to live on campus(heard is very expensive), also will need to know how best to pay school fees from Nigeria. Was notified today by the Canadian embassy to go for medicals, really hoping everything turns out as expected smiley. Anyone that can help, kindly get back to me. Thank you all smiley[/quote]

Message me on adesam91@yahoo.co.uk...am a prospectice student as well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 25, 2016
What's your Undergraduate programme?
beloved2000:
Amen.Good day wonderful n ever helpful nairalanders.Pls I hv a serious concern n will like d gurus in d house n everyone to help me PLS.i studied mkting BSC wit 4.40 GPA.now. I want to further my studies(MSC) in Canada hopefully by next year bt d issue is dat almost all d schools require GMAT for any business relayed programme n I dnt want to write GMAT kos am HONESTLY not grounded in figures.On d other hand,i leant that switching to an entirely different field oda dan my field(business related) is an automatic red flag from d visa officer.PLs wot do I do? I really need ur help my wise people, anyone wit a good insight? ...tnxalot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 25, 2016
beloved2000:
Amen.Good day wonderful n ever helpful nairalanders.Pls I hv a serious concern n will like d gurus in d house n everyone to help me PLS.i studied mkting BSC wit 4.40 GPA.now. I want to further my studies(MSC) in Canada hopefully by next year bt d issue is dat almost all d schools require GMAT for any business relayed programme n I dnt want to write GMAT kos am HONESTLY not grounded in figures.On d other hand,i leant that switching to an entirely different field oda dan my field(business related) is an automatic red flag from d visa officer.PLs wot do I do? I really need ur help my wise people, anyone wit a good insight? ...tnxalot

Good morning to you , congratulations on your academic achievements thus far. If you are certain that all Universities that offer your course requires GMAT and you really wish to study that particular course then go ahead and write GMAT.

#never consider your weakness in your pursuit
#passing the exam is a function of work plus grace.

If otherwise, you could consider closely related courses and during your visa application, you can still write a convincing sop to that effect.

TRV hopefuls, this is our week of TRV approval in Jesus name, Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2016
@Beloved2000..
I wont advice you to switch courses. Its a BIG RED FLAG during visa application except you have years of work experience in the new course area. Be brave and take that GMAT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 7:49am On Oct 25, 2016
Please anybody here living in Saskatoon and environs?
I need to get some information there please and its urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2016
oladesuk:
Documents submitted

University certificate
Waec certificate
SOP
Bank statement of 5m
Land document
Birth certificate
Father's Birth certificate
Mother's Birth certificate
Sister and brother's birth certificates
Scanned Nysc i.d card (am currently a corps member)
Police certificate
Scanned int. Passport apparently
Letter of evidence that i interned at Nigerian air force hangar stating i worked on aircraft and all.
Admission letter
Sworn affidavit by fathee that is the sponsor;responsible for payment and all...

All glory back to the lord.
COngrats Ola.
I like to know what your undergraduate course was?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xyoung: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2016
jumman:
Hello Guys, My husband got his TRV for september but deferred to winter and he ll be leaving by december to Winniepeg University of Mannitoba, please anyone who has any info as per accomodation should please let me know. Thanks
are you not going with him?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ayat1209(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Please house, my cgpa is 2.99. What are my chances? I want to apply to ubc, University of manitoba and university of alberta.

Please people, shed more light and help my ministry. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oyemat123(m): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello house, I have been a follower of this thread and it has really been helpful. I just want to inquire something.
I have gotten admission to the University of Ontario Institute of Technology to study Masters in Information Security for January 2017. The admission letter came in late September and I applied for the study visa on the first of October, I did the biometrics on the 6th of October. I haven't gotten any information yet on Medicals. I am worried that the study permit may not be out before the resumption date. If I am to defer my admission till September do I need to contact VFS about the decision or just wait till the visa is out and move September. Secondly how many years validity is the student visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2016
xyoung:

are you not going with him?

Not yet, will apply for SOWP once hes in canada.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
I applied for TRV Sept 15, the problem now is the school that gave me admission said I should pay tuition fee before Nov 2nd which I have not done yet. Should I go ahead or mail the school if I can pay when CIC request for it. The school's name is HUMBER COLLEGE.

Abeg reply, it's very important.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
hello guys, is it all schools in Canada that require applicant to secure a potential supervisor if u re going for research based course. thanks. kindly reply asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2016
@taiwo...most schools does...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fronter: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello . diz is my first time here . i have submitted my application for Canada study permit since may 9th till date Oct 25th I still haven't heard any from them and its been 19weeks now .pls what shud I do .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2016
@Ayat..i suggest u go for a PGD....after ur Pgd u can then av ur msc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
Fronter:
Hello . diz is my first time here . i have submitted my application for Canada study permit since may 9th till date Oct 25th I still haven't heard any from them and its been 19weeks now .pls what shud I do .
What's ur programme?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emmy4Gold: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2016
metrecube:

I applied a day after yours......
We will surely laugh together...... Gonna end well soon.
. Good news all the way as we await our
TRV approval IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by essyife: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2016
holar2ge:
I applied for TRV Sept 15, the problem now is the school that gave me admission said I should pay tuition fee before Nov 2nd which I have not done yet. Should I go ahead or mail the school if I can pay when CIC request for it. The school's name is HUMBER COLLEGE.

Hello dear I did not pay even my school said I should pay 500$ October 12 which I' did not even want to do so until I get to Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
emmy4Gold:
. Good news all the way as we await our
TRV approval IJN
When did you apply? Are you for Msc or pgd. It will definitely end well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2016
holar2ge:

If the school asked you to pay, you have to pay. If not your admission would be cancelled. Cic may even asked for evidence of payment if d payment date is stated on your admission letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
essyife:

Hello dear I did not pay even my school said I should pay 500$ October 12 which I' did not even want to do so until I get to Canada
It may be a red flag on your visa application if its stated that you should pay 500cad in your admission letter. I would advise you to make d payment before cic ask for d payment evidence.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Our applications will be approved.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.
In case of any doubts drop comments below

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fronter:
I think you should send case specific enquiry to cic since its beyond 16 weeks of normal processing period. Cic with their processing delay..... It will definitely end well.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Preciouzsss:
Hello everyone, please, any University of Windsor student/applicant here? I need information on affordable housing as i don't want to live on campus(heard is very expensive), also will need to know how best to pay school fees from Nigeria. Was notified today by the Canadian embassy to go for medicals, really hoping everything turns out as expected smiley. Anyone that can help, kindly get back to me. Thank you all smiley

When did you submit your application? Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
As per medical, you should wait until you are instructed to go for it since it was not upfront. If 'visa' is not ready when it is close to January resumption, you can defer your admission without informing VFS.
'Student visa validity is the duration of your program as you indicated on the IMM form. So if you applied for TRV yourself, you would know what you put there under 'duration of your program'.

Oyemat123:
Hello house, I have been a follower of this thread and it has really been helpful. I just want to inquire something.
I have gotten admission to the University of Ontario Institute of Technology to study Masters in Information Security for January 2017. The admission letter came in late September and I applied for the study visa on the first of October, I did the biometrics on the 6th of October. I haven't gotten any information yet on Medicals. I am worried that the study permit may not be out before the resumption date. If I am to defer my admission till September do I need to contact VFS about the decision or just wait till the visa is out and move September. Secondly how many years validity is the student visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thanks Oga boss

metrecube:

If the school asked you to pay, you have to pay. If not your admission would be cancelled. Cic may even asked for evidence of payment if d payment date is stated on your admission letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
essyife:

How did u now go about it? CIC hasn't contacted you yet for evidence of payment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Preciouzsss: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
metrecube:

When did you submit your application? Congratulations in advance.

Thank you dear. Visa application? October 6th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cbcareer: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello House. I have been trying to submit my online application using my MasterCard from FCMB, ECOBANK & FIRSTBANK and all declined. Is anyone experiencing this? How do i make the payment? any specific card type or bank to use? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by essyife: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
metrecube:

It may be a red flag on your visa application if its stated that you should pay 500cad in your admission letter. I would advise you to make d payment before cic ask for d payment evidence.
It was not stated there that I should pay it in my admission letter only said I should persent my letter to the embassy datz why I choose that one ,3school gave me admission I only saw it in the shool website thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.