Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910721 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dayumark4real: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
@ toluen I am an Oct 10applicant too online application no medical call up yet...
We are going to get gooD news this week amen.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
You don't need to include an address. Just title it "Statement of Purpose", and voila.
michaelbelgium:
please you guys should help me answer this question cos i couldnt get this from google samples....does statement of purpose for graduate studies contain the university address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
chigrad:
Hello all, I want to know the conversion rate from USD to Canadian dollars. I need an urgent response as I need to make payment using my USD account. Thanks

google wud answer that in 10secs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olatuns2016: 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Interesting...your advise maybe useful. ..I grad economics with cgpa 3.4 ...worked in sales n finance n operation ....applied 4 supply chain management but vo denied....planning to retrace my app....which course is related I can apply4?
Thanks

Riddeek:
Smart move!
if you finished from a course, get admission into that course/related course and also the dept of your choice, apply for ur TRV with the aligned course and after you are granted, the ball is now in your court and you can resume your intended course in mapleland.
I hope people learn from this and stop getting course mismatch refusal, its annoying to be refused for that silly reason even after scaling through financial strength and home tie.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
BlueWizAngel:
Guys I was refused admission

Dear applicant,

Thank you for applying to our College. The Admission Selection Committee has received your application and cannot grant you admission to the 420.AA, Computer Science Technology: Administrative Data Processing program.

The reason for this refusal is: Inadequate school grades for this program.
simply apply to other (lower) schools. Never bank on just one sch except your uncle is the chair of admission committee.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
dayumark4real:
@ toluen I am an Oct 10applicant too online application no medical call up yet...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
If you like numbers, you could go radical and do an MSc in something like Data Science or Data Analytics. Data science is a really hot field that will be even increasingly relevant in the future. You don't have to stick to geology or remote sensing if you feel that the field is dying. You could also easily link data analytics to geology if you want (seismic and remote sensing data require lots of statistical processing to tease out signal from the noise).

If you are a good writer and if you have compelling reasons to switch fields, you can easily convince the VO about this switch.
Data science program examples:
MSc in Data Science & Analytics at Ryeson University
MSc in Computing and Data Analytics at Saint Mary's University
Master of Data Science at University of British Columbia
Professional Masters in Big Data at Simon Fraser University
Danoluwa:
pls gurus in the house, I am in affix right now. I have a bsc and msc in petroleum geology and currently not ready for a phd. I am looking at broadening my horizon as the oil industry does not have much to offer now. I have two option before me an advance diploma in remote sensing or a masters of engineering in geomatics (specialization in remote sensing). Which do you think is my best option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
dayumark4real:
I am believing God for this week. He will not fail us. Mine is Oct 11 online. May God crown our waiting with success news

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
please who knows the school I can try that easily give admission for masters in computer science or any IT related course in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
please who knows the school I can try that easily give admission for masters in computer science or any IT related course in Canada?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
YES

toluene1234:
Any October applicants with online or paper route that has received medical mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Spatialcol: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hi, pls I need advice on course to apply for coz of this VO palava, I have my first degree in physics with electronics (2.68cgpa), obviously I can't get admission for msc program coz of my cgpa. Pls advice on related course for PGC or PGD with low tuition and links.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sorry if I am about to derail... Just and observation/suggestion

Please I just want to make an appeal, please let us take it easy with the way we lool down on some questions and go straight to tell people to Google it. Google can virtually answer all questions here but sometimes Google will still bring up links to nairaland forums for answers. Instead of shutting people down that way just keep a blind eye to the question it's better than making someone feel he is asking an irrelevant question.

This doesn't mean information seekers should be lazy, u still have a work to do to consolidate the answers you get from here.

Just my own opinion though!

Thanks for all your supports and good works

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
joblinks1:
YES

When did you get medical mail?
Online or paper route?
Msc or Pgd/pgc?

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Most questions posed here -- even the simplest -- are answered. Referring people to Google once in a while is really good practice, as it helps the question asker develop research skills that s/he would need eventually.

Teddywhiz1:

Please I just want to make an appeal, please let us take it easy with the way we lool down on some questions and go straight to tell people to Google it. Google can virtually answer all questions here but sometimes Google will still bring up links to nairaland forums for answers. Instead of shutting people down that way just keep a blind eye to the question it's better than making someone feel he is asking an irrelevant question.

This doesn't mean information seekers should be lazy, u still have a work to do to consolidate the answers you get from here.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by perrychemical: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
perrychemical:
Thank you very much for your comments on the above topic. I will appreciate more comments and contributions from the Gurus.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Teddywhiz1: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:
Most questions posed here -- even the simplest -- are answered. Referring people to Google once in a while is really good practice, as it helps the question asker develop research skills that s/he would need eventually.

ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thanks[Qquote author=dogice post=52671392]

Hi, rate for today is 1 USD to 1.32 CAD as per https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dammy112: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
I am a university graduate of computer Science with a 2.2 grade.I graduated in 2012 and I would like to study in practical Nursing in Canada.i am over 30 already.How do I explain this change of course.Anyone with ideas.,please share.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cribking1(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

"Hello,

I would like to inform you that the Environmental Control course is only available during the January intake, so the next possible intake would be January 2018.

Thank you,

Joshua Favaro"

The message above was the reply I got from the international students center, Sheridan college , when I tried to defer my resumption till May 2017 . I have already paid first semester tuition fees $10K+. No TRV yet and lectures have started. Please how do I approach this issue since the next possible intake for my program is next year and that's too far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:
If you like numbers, you could go radical and do an MSc in something like Data Science or Data Analytics. Data science is a really hot field that will be even increasingly relevant in the future. You don't have to stick to geology or remote sensing if you feel that the field is dying. You could also easily link data analytics to geology if you want (seismic and remote sensing data require lots of statistical processing to tease out signal from the noise).

If you are a good writer and if you have compelling reasons to switch fields, you can easily convince the VO about this switch.
Data science program examples:
MSc in Data Science & Analytics at Ryeson University
MSc in Computing and Data Analytics at Saint Mary's University
Master of Data Science at University of British Columbia
Professional Masters in Big Data at Simon Fraser University

Thanks for the info. I will work on the info you provided. Please can I get your email? Mine is Danfad04@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 12:40am On Jan 10, 2017
advanceDNA:

The cheapest school in Canada in university of northern British colombia.tuition is less than 4000 Canadian dollars.however applications have closed for 2017 entry...u can apply for 2018/2019 entry now.
Next is University of manitoba..its not as cheap as the one above...tution is 10,000 Canadian dollars dats about N2.250million...I love this school so much cos Nigeria is listed among the countries English proficiency test is exempted for.
Goodluck

There are other cheap schools..like simon Fraser University., victoria University both with tution around 5400 cad...dats around 1milion plus...but u must have toefl or ielts..and application fee is a bit high..around 147dollars

Does Northern British Columbia waive proof of English for Nigerians applicants? Which other universities waive it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 12:49am On Jan 10, 2017
Teddywhiz1:

I agree with you bro, no question is stupid to be honest and anybody can write anything on google. After all, it is a public search engine. Sometimes personal experience gives better answer than google though not all the time.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by advanceDNA: 1:45am On Jan 10, 2017
Futurewiser:

Does Northern British Columbia waive proof of English for Nigerians applicants? Which other universities waive it?

Nope..they don't waive ooo.infact they won't take the scores from u tru uploading on application page u have to pay another 11dollars to the body weda IELTS or toefl to send ur test score directly to dem.

Anyone I'm processing admission for, I advice dem to get the bloody toefl done jare..it opens more oportunities..imagine northern British Columbia charging tution around 4,000 cad except fo their MBA dat tuition is around 7,000 cad which isn't even up to 2million......a lot of UK schools waive English language test for Nigerians..there school fees is just too high....just do it and get it over with.seiz the oportunity now b4 they will increase school fees.
For example,A whole lot of German University don't charge tution for both indigenes a international...but I saw info on UNI-Assist portal that international masters applicant might start to pay from 2018/2019 session....so seize the opportunity while it's still available

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 3:00am On Jan 10, 2017
advanceDNA:

Nope..they don't waive ooo.infact they won't take the scores from u tru uploading on application page u have to pay another 11dollars to the body weda IELTS or toefl to send ur test score directly to dem.

Anyone I'm processing admission for, I advice dem to get the bloody toefl done jare..it opens more oportunities..imagine northern British Columbia charging tution around 4,000 cad except fo their MBA dat tuition is around 7,000 cad which isn't even up to 2million......a lot of UK schools waive English language test for Nigerians..there school fees is just too high....just do it and get it over with.seiz the oportunity now b4 they will increase school fees.
For example,A whole lot of German University don't charge tution for both indigenes a international...but I saw info on UNI-Assist portal that international masters applicant might start to pay from 2018/2019 session....so seize the opportunity while it's still available

which school will you recommend for admission because that University of Northern British Columbia application deadline has passed. Which course specifically in that UNBC is easy to get admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 3:07am On Jan 10, 2017
also all, please for somebody that studied Bachelor in computer science going for Master in public administration is it okay. Is the courses related or accepted for visa application? I am trying to avoid Embassy wahala for me sister to avoid purpose of visit issue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by noblebirth(m): 3:08am On Jan 10, 2017
My fellow Nairalanders, pls help me o. I did paper Visa Application to Canada and I kept tracking it online till 28th of December 2016 when it was indicated that my processed visa application has been dispatched to vfs Lagos from Ghana where it was processed. I have been to their office every day of last week and they keep saying "we are expecting it" even till this very moment, it's the same story. It takes a maximum of 50 minutes from Ghana to Nigeria via Airplane and a maximum of 15 hours via road transport. This is the second week already counting and it's still not here. Is it CRAWLING ni fa? Please anyone with such experience should come to my aid as am very confused on what to do. The school has already resumed on the 5th of this month and I didn't defer my admission thinking I would have known my fate before that day. Now all I do is pray for a positive response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 3:40am On Jan 10, 2017
noblebirth:
My fellow Nairalanders, pls help me o. I did paper Visa Application to Canada and I kept tracking it online till 28th of December 2016 when it was indicated that my processed visa application has been dispatched to vfs Lagos from Ghana where it was processed. I have been to their office every day of last week and they keep saying "we are expecting it" even till this very moment, it's the same story. It takes a maximum of 50 minutes from Ghana to Nigeria via Airplane and a maximum of 15 hours via road transport. This is the second week already counting and it's still not here. Is it CRAWLING ni fa? Please anyone with such experience should come to my aid as am very confused on what to do. The school has already resumed on the 5th of this month and I didn't defer my admission thinking I would have known my fate before that day. Now all I do is pray for a positive response.
Wen did u apply?
Did you do upfront medical or called to do one?
Wats ur UG and pgd/pgc or msc course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by noblebirth(m): 3:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Tosh1:
Yeah...I did
Please what's approval email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by noblebirth(m): 4:02am On Jan 10, 2017
toluene1234:
Wen did u apply? Did you do upfront medical or called to do one? What's ur UG and pgd/pgc or msc course?
Applied October 3.did upfront medicals. PGD business Administration
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 5:52am On Jan 10, 2017
thesoj:
You don't need to include an address. Just title it "Statement of Purpose", and voila.
thank you boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 6:35am On Jan 10, 2017
noblebirth:

Applied October 3.did upfront medicals. PGD business Administration
Though decision have been made. You can only know your fate wen you receive your package. It can go either way since u didnt link it online to know ur application status. I pray its approval

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.