Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911700 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
honeyscottage:

Thank you. Please I would like to have you number.

broda u can alway reach me on my email, nelly28luv@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
ifydio:
have already applied for Visa. Still being hopeful for positive result.
My course though is on PGC not PGD. Though I still have an interest for a Masters program after the PGC or a year into the PGC if possible.

Alright bro all the best on your app..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BeingGabriel: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
how current is this your tuition cost implications?

advanceDNA:

The cheapest school in Canada in university of northern British colombia.tuition is less than 4000 Canadian dollars.however applications have closed for 2017 entry...u can apply for 2018/2019 entry now.
Next is University of manitoba..its not as cheap as the one above...tution is 10,000 Canadian dollars dats about N2.250million...I love this school so much cos Nigeria is listed among the countries English proficiency test is exempted for.
Goodluck

There are other cheap schools..like simon Fraser University., victoria University both with tution around 5400 cad...dats around 1milion plus...but u must have toefl or ielts..and application fee is a bit high..around 147dollars
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
Application has been dispatched since the 28th...vac is yet to get it,said its a general problem...my deadline is on the 11th or will have to defer to September...who else is in my shoes?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Don't know what to do...I need urgent HELP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Princelharry1: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=Tosh1 post=52665648]Application has been dispatched since the 28th...vac is yet to get it,said its a general problem...my deadline is on the 11th or will have to defer to September...who else is in my shoes?[/quote

We are in together
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
Tosh1:
Application has been dispatched since the 28th...vac is yet to get it,said its a general problem...my deadline is on the 11th or will have to defer to September...who else is in my shoes?
Princelharry1:
[/quote][quote author=Tosh1 post=52665648]Application has been dispatched since the 28th...vac is yet to get it,said its a general problem...my deadline is on the 11th or will have to defer to September...who else is in my shoes?

But did you get an approval email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
Yeah...I did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
thecommunist:
hello people,
i have B.sc in Elect/elct engineering (grade 2.2)
i have M.Sc in information technology from NOUN(open university)..
and i have skills and experience as an electrical and instrumentation engineer in the manufacturing industry in nigeria. now i want to migrate to canada. what are my best options and how and where do i start?
ordinarily, i would want to go under the skilled worker program, but i don't mind going through schooling program if that would better my chances. please advise me.(is it possible to get a PHD program with my masters degree from NOUN )

You could do a certification in an IT related program for a year. Then apply for skilled worker program after.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by advanceDNA: 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
BeingGabriel:
how current is this your tuition cost implications?

These are latest tuition cost for Sept 2017 entry..I applied for a few pple last December, I even apply for scholarship for those with 2:1....its just information naaaa..all on the Internet for ur viewing pleasure.u'll be surprised to know some pple don't know how to navigate the Internet even as graduates..i charge a little change to help them check these information apply for them after they give me all their credentials. u'll be surprised some of these pple even have CGPA of 3.5 to 3.8 even 4.0...not really a crime though..thet are not just tech savvy....I just assisted a lady to pay her application fee at University of manitoba.so I know the tution fee.....and so many other tution fee of University in Canada cos I was looking for the cheapest and the one with some level of tuition waivers if full scholarship which is usually too competitive aint available.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ajiboladjimou: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
Folaroyal:

Let the lawyer advise you properly since you'll be paying for that service.... It doesn't have to be two letters... Get their notes and align with yours.
You only need to show some level of sincerity and integrity in your submissions.
You may not need the letters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ajiboladjimou: 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2017
Folaroyal:

Let the lawyer advise you properly since you'll be paying for that service.... It doesn't have to be two letters... Get their notes and align with yours.
You only need to show some level of sincerity and integrity in your submissions.
You may not need the letters

@poppywasiu, we are in it together. i just receive a mail today. kindly update me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
The fact that some employers hire PGDs for the same role that they'd hire masters graduates for does not mean that they are academically equivalent. That's like saying that a BSc is equivalent to an MSc because some employers would hire either for the same role.
chimah3:

I think this is a misconception to Nigerians.
I have spoken to a lot of friends in Canada
And they all insist that Diploma graduates and Masters graduates still end up getting the same job opportunities...
It all boils down to your skill sets.
Not here in Nigeria, where a Masters graduate is treated as LORD irrespective of his ignorance.

Just my opinion!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
Same thing. A PGC and a PGD are equivalent so the points still stand. My point is applicable to PGC/PGD programs at colleges.
ifydio:
PGC not PGD

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
My friend,a hnd graduate from a polytechnic what chances does he stand?
AAOL:
Hi Ifydio.. I understand your point. We are in the same boat with leakingbasket. I noticed that VOs give priority to the level of education and even the length of period of study i.e Masters then PGD (2yrs) then PGC (1yr). The worst is that even PGD get priority over PGC.

Let me give you an example. When I applied for Visa on October 13, Masters applicants that applied 2 weeks after me got called for medicals and even the guy that applied November is in Canada now. The Visa Officer kept PGC applicants for July, August, and September till Dec 30 and 31 fixed as Judgement day which is still refusal.

Accra Visa officers in general are not happy with PGC applicants. Sometimes it's advisable to go through online cos it's like Online favours few PGC with good application. Now if you check through this thread for the whole of 2016, you will notice that only 2 PGC (not PGD) applicants were successful through Paper route. Can you imagine?. What most people with high CGPA do nowadays is apply for masters, prove that you can pay for fees and all other expenses and when you get to Canada you can change to PGD.

My sister, we are in this alone. I know I have applied for Visa with PGC and won't give up. Meanwhile, a nice fellow here PMed me and suggested an MBA program that is even half of my full tuition for PGC.

Please let's join hands and pray as we remain hopeful. Believe me, God answers prayers.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:

I get your points and you are right that one could choose a PGD over a masters if it offers better post-graduation opportunities. Having said that, I'd suggest you see things from the VO's perspective: PGD admissions are sooo easy to obtain unlike masters admissions, so desperate visa applicants are likeliest to go the PGD route but not as much the masters route.

Last year, a much higher fraction of PGD applicants got visa denials compared to masters applicants. Admittedly, this may be due to the possibility that PGD visa applicants are more likely to put together worse visa application documents than masters visa applicants (if we can infer from their lower CGPA and/or rush to leave Naija) OR it could be due to the likelihood that PGD applicants are more likely to pick courses that are incompatible with their prior education.

To be objective, a PGD is not equivalent to a masters, a masters is a superior academic qualification. Btw, I have nothing against PGDs (I have a sibling finishing a PGD in Canada and it has served him well)... just being objective here.

PS: You can study computer security in a masters program, but it would be a specialization under a computer science masters program. It also likely would be more foundational and theoretically comprehensive than what you'd get in a PGD program on computer security.

Hello Guys,

Please I need your input,am filling the 1MM1294 form and there are some questions I need clarification on

1. Did I serve in any military or any service obligation? are they taking about Nysc??..
2. They asked for my tuition, room and board? and funds avilable for my stay?? what should i put? should i stay any amount of dollars there

Please kindly assist as always.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
please you guys should help me answer this question cos i couldnt get this from google samples....does statement of purpose for graduate studies contain the university address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:
The fact that some employers hire PGDs for the same role that they'd hire masters graduates for does not mean that they are academically equivalent. That's like saying that a BSc is equivalent to an MSc because some employers would hire either for the same role.

Simple logic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
michaelbelgium:
please you guys should help me answer this question cos i couldnt get this from google samples....does statement of purpose for graduate studies contain the university address?

You don't have to put the university address. You could just go with something like this:

January 09, 2017

The University of Toronto,
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering,
Toronto, Ontario.

RE: Statement of Interest

Dear Sir/Ma:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
dogice:

You don't have to put the university address. You could just go with something like this:

January 09, 2017

The University of Toronto,
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering,
Toronto, Ontario.

RE: Statement of Interest

Dear Sir/Ma:
thank you bro...this was exactly what i had in mind

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
Please wot MBA program. Does it require GMAT?
AAOL:
Hi Ifydio.. I understand your point. We are in the same boat with leakingbasket. I noticed that VOs give priority to the level of education and even the length of period of study i.e Masters then PGD (2yrs) then PGC (1yr). The worst is that even PGD get priority over PGC.

Let me give you an example. When I applied for Visa on October 13, Masters applicants that applied 2 weeks after me got called for medicals and even the guy that applied November is in Canada now. The Visa Officer kept PGC applicants for July, August, and September till Dec 30 and 31 fixed as Judgement day which is still refusal.

Accra Visa officers in general are not happy with PGC applicants. Sometimes it's advisable to go through online cos it's like Online favours few PGC with good application. Now if you check through this thread for the whole of 2016, you will notice that only 2 PGC (not PGD) applicants were successful through Paper route. Can you imagine?. What most people with high CGPA do nowadays is apply for masters, prove that you can pay for fees and all other expenses and when you get to Canada you can change to PGD.

My sister, we are in this alone. I know I have applied for Visa with PGC and won't give up. Meanwhile, a nice fellow here PMed me and suggested an MBA program that is even half of my full tuition for PGC.

Please let's join hands and pray as we remain hopeful. Believe me, God answers prayers.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
Please help us out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mattezo:

Hello Guys,

Please I need your input,am filling the 1MM1294 form and there are some questions I need clarification on

1. Did I serve in any military or any service obligation? are they taking about Nysc??..
2. They asked for my tuition, room and board? and funds avilable for my stay?? what should i put? should i stay any amount of dollars there

Please kindly assist as always.

Guys Kindly help out.

Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Any October applicants with online or paper route that has received medical mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mattezo:

Guys Kindly help out.

Regards,

1) They aint talking about NYSC bro. Just put"NO" for the military part.
2) For the funds available for your stay, it depends on how much you have on your statement of account. But you could estimate your living expenses to be $1000 per month times the length of your program (in months) plus your tuition. That should be the minimum amount you should put. And you can always go higher.

Or

You could just go with what the school sent to you. I'm pretty sure they sent you the Fees and Expenses for a year. So you could just put that amount times the number of years of your program.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello all, I want to know the conversion rate from USD to Canadian dollars. I need an urgent response as I need to make payment using my USD account. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mattezo: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
dogice:

1) They aint talking about NYSC bro. Just put"NO" for the military part.
2) For the funds available for your stay, it depends on how much you have on your statement of account. But you could estimate your living expenses to be $1000 per month times the length of your program (in months) plus your tuition. That should be the minimum amount you should put. And you can always go higher.

Or

You could just go with what the school sent to you. I'm pretty sure they sent you the Fees and Expenses for a year. So you could just put that amount times the number of years of your program.

Hello Dogice, thank you for the clarification

For the tuition i should state it there cos I have that on my acceptance letter , what about the amount for Board and others? am really confused in that part. My acceptance letter states I should budget 19600 cad for tutition, living expenses and others...
Thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aliACCA: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
chigrad:
Hello all, I want to know the conversion rate from USD to Canadian dollars. I need an urgent response as I need to make payment using my USD account. Thanks

https://www.google.com.gh/search?q=usd+to+cad&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=5NVzWNyHNLSk8wet1axQ this link gives u a fair idea of the rate but if u want the exact rate pls contact ur bank. shocked Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aliACCA: 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
good to be back after reading over 180 pages to catch up with the thread. Preparing for my second attempt soon (march 2017).

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2017
chigrad:

Hi, rate for today is 1 USD to 1.32 CAD as per https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mattezo:

Hello Dogice, thank you for the clarification

For the tuition i should state it there cos I have that on my acceptance letter , what about the amount for Board and others? am really confused in that part. My acceptance letter states I should budget 19600 cad for tutition, living expenses and others...
Thanks once again

You can just go with the $19 600 since that covers everything plus it saves you time in calculating individual cost. But if you wanna calculate your cost individually, as per the board, it depends on how much food you eat but you're save to put like $350 per month. You really can't go wrong with that. Though most schools provide meal plan card that you could use for feeding but trust me, it's not worth it. You can always decline their meal plan when you get to your school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Guys I was refused admission, I think it's becus of my Waec grades (I got C's in maths and physics) which are the required course for computer science according to the school, although I have and OND result and the school asked for it, and it's also in computer science. I got a 3.48 in my OND that's 0.02 short of a distinction so it can't be because of my OND, I hope they even considered it although they asked for it. Anyways here's what they sent me, I need your advice

Letter on behalf of : Cégep Vanier College
821, avenue Sainte-Croix, Saint-Laurent QC H4L 3X9
Telephone: 514.744.7500

Notice of Refusal

Semester : Fall 2017
Round : 1
Date : January 9, 2017
Dear applicant,

Thank you for applying to our College. The Admission Selection Committee has received your application and cannot grant you admission to the 420.AA, Computer Science Technology: Administrative Data Processing program.

The reason for this refusal is: Inadequate school grades for this program.
Although you meet the Ministère's general admission requirements, your grades are too low to be admitted to this program, in this college.

If you wish, you also have the opportunity to submit a new choice of college and/or of program for the Fall 2017 semester. Please consult the Online table of available programs on http://sram-international.omnivox.ca and inform SRAM of your new choice as soon as possible, by e-mail at refus-international@sram.qc.ca.

Admissions Office
Vanier College

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.