Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908664 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esosa4real(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
advanceDNA:

These are latest tuition cost for Sept 2017 entry..I applied for a few pple last December, I even apply for scholarship for those with 2:1....its just information naaaa..all on the Internet for ur viewing pleasure.u'll be surprised to know some pple don't know how to navigate the Internet even as graduates..i charge a little change to help them check these information apply for them after they give me all their credentials. u'll be surprised some of these pple even have CGPA of 3.5 to 3.8 even 4.0...not really a crime though..thet are not just tech savvy....I just assisted a lady to pay her application fee at University of manitoba.so I know the tution fee.....and so many other tution fee of University in Canada cos I was looking for the cheapest and the one with some level of tuition waivers if full scholarship which is usually too competitive aint available.

Bro how you dey? I am a doc aiming for the federal skilled program but in the mean time, just incase that doesn't go thru on time, I have been looking for graduate schools for my brother and fiancee who studied mechengineering (first class) and Medlab science (2•1) respectively.
I have searched a lot of schools and although I go some info, I really get confused with tuition calculation and scholarship possibilities.

I am even mailing the schools now for a better breakdown. Now, am wondering where you saw those cheap tuition of 2.2million and 1million? Please bro confirm, is it for undergraduate or masters? Also, is it per year?

Lastly, I observed that one can hardly tell if a candidate will get scholarship until you have applied for the university and submitted documents. But based on your vast experience, please kindly and truthfully suggest the universities that can offer any form of scholarship, be it partial or full so I can apply for my bro and girl against 2018 session.

Thanks and Godbless!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluwamalik(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
CannyZionist:

okay, hope you are satisfied now
Hello house and happy new year.
Please this is what I got from CIC Accra this morning and I need your professional advice.

Though, I applied to USA then as an engineer with an agent to attend a training but I applied to Canada as an accountant. Pls what are my chances?

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2014 and 2015.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
My gurus in the house, please assist me ooooo.

As advised, I want to make use of my school as sponsor for my master's program in education but the school account is currently in balance of 878'000 and total credit inflow of 11m within 6 mths . Also have another school in my area that i can use their account with balance 9m and total credit inflow of 32m.

My questions,

While applying for the school, I filled self sponsor on the school site.please can I still make use of sponsor and won't that effect my visa application if I make use of sponsor.

Can I make use of my school or the second alternative.

If it is the alternative, kindly advise me on the kind of relationship that I can claim while using the account statement because I don't have any relationship with them but thy just want o assist me with their statement.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
honeyscottage:
My gurus in the house, please assist me ooooo.

As advised, I want to make use of my school as sponsor for my master's program in education but the school account is currently in balance of 878'000 and total credit inflow of 11m within 6 mths . Also have another school in my area that i can use their account with balance 9m and total credit inflow of 32m.

My questions,

While applying for the school, I filled self sponsor on the school site.please can I still make use of sponsor and won't that effect my visa application if I make use of sponsor.

Can I make use of my school or the second alternative.

If it is the alternative, kindly advise me on the kind of relationship that I can claim while using the account statement because I don't have any relationship with them but thy just want o assist me with their statement.
Thank you.

Probability of your approval will be quite low using any of the schools as your sponsor considering what we witnessed on using company as a sponsor. Best bet is get the proprietor/proprietress of the school to sponsor you using their personal account and you must have to also provide a convincing proof of relationship and reason they are sponsoring you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
legendary4luv:
my observations though, it seems everyone here is going to canada for school because am yet to see anyone applying for resident visa here, is it possible get resident visa with student visa? please bear with me if I sound out of line because I want to live In canada but I don't want to go through student visa

What kind of visa are you talking about? There is the Permanent Resident Visa and the Temporary Resident Visa. And for the Temporary Resident Visa there is the Work Visa, Student Visa and Visiting Visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
teddybear20:
please help me out oo. my trv was approved last week and my School's deadline for payment is this Friday which I have paid. hope there won't be any problem once I finally get my passport. Hope my admission will still stand?

You should be fine, at least, you have your visa, contact your school to find out if your admission is still valid. If not you could explain your situation to them that your visa just got approved and you'd be coming to the school asap. Worst case scenario, you might miss a semester but the most important thing is you got your visa. But I believe you should be fine with the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
willyboss:
Please help me out this

Use the total amount on your Admission Letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
its so saddening how many hopes are thwarted by cic.
Una wey sabi am...please kindly help we guys.
I studied Environmental Health Technology (hnd) in my undergraduate and now i applied for post degree diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management @ uwo.
Note; i took two different occupational health courses in my undergrad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gabrielclint:
good day all. received my passport today and it's so heart breaking I was rejected.
REASON: insufficient funds to take care of me for my period of duration..

I submitted all my documents, paid school fees of 7600$ and had a closing balance of 8.5mil.
I am self sponsored. pls what do u guys advice I do now

Sorry to hear this. Don't give up, apply again, try to improve your Bank Account situation, convince them you will be coming back home after graduation and be hopeful. That's the least you can do bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2017
WESTERNCR:
Please house I need your advice on this issue. A friend just got his trv approved and his school deadline to resume is 13th which the school is not ready to grant any extension. The problem now is that the school has refused to grant him an extension of time but can only defer his admission to fall 2017. He has another offer from Conestoga College and they are willing to grant him extension of time. Can he use the second college to travel since the original college which he used to secure trv is not willing to grant extension?

You can always change schools, but when you get to Canada, stick with the initial school you used to get your TRV, when the custom officer ask what school you'd be attending, tell them the school you used to get the TRV so as to avoid any confusion when they issue your study permit. Then as soon as you get your study permit, you can then go ahead with the Conestoga Admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by noblebirth(m): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tosh1:
Let's just go today...with Faith...they've been telling me it's in transit too but this morning they actually said they are expecting passports but don't know if the ones dispatched on the 28th will be there
Hi Tosh, were you at their office today? I am resident in Ibadan. Had called the office today and was told the same story. I had to put up in the hotel throughout last week when I came around hoping they would receive the documents. Can you help with any update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gabrielclint:
good day all. received my passport today and it's so heart breaking I was rejected.

I submitted all my documents, paid school fees of 7600$ and had a closing balance of 8.5mil.

Sorry for the delay. Was it VFS that called you to come pick your passport? Mine was dispatched since 04/01/2017. But was told, it is still on Transit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
WESTERNCR:
Please house I need your advice on this issue. A friend just got his trv approved and his school deadline to resume is 13th which the school is not ready to grant any extension. The problem now is that the school has refused to grant him an extension of time but can only defer his admission to fall 2017. He has another offer from Conestoga College and they are willing to grant him extension of time. Can he use the second college to travel since the original college which he used to secure trv is not willing to grant extension?

Please go ahead to notify CIC about your intention to change your school. Get the offer letter and proceed to Canada with it. At poe , show them the new offer letter and not the old one. You can't enter Canada with offer letter whose resumption deadline is over. Please don't cause any confusion with the old letter. Changing of school after approvals is legal and acceptable.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gabrielclint:

So sorry about the delay bro. Something must have been wrong somewhere. How much is your total school fees ? How many years program? Undergraduate or post graduate? Did you provided the evidence of $7600 payment you made? What did you stated as your source of income? What proofs did you provided?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
legendary4luv:
my observations though, it seems everyone here is going to canada for school because am yet to see anyone applying for resident visa here, is it possible get resident visa with student visa? please bear with me if I sound out of line because I want to live In canada but I don't want to go through student visa

This is a thread that is strictly for study permit, there are other threads for other classes of visas. You can search either using the search box or by clicking travel botton at the Nairaland homepage.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tosh1: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
I stay in ib too,called them when I was just about to leave the house ,said I shouldn't come if they don't tell me to,that it's still not ready and I should call back before 3,that they are still expecting so I stayed back,they already know my number...whenever I call now,I barely say a word before they say'we are yet to receive the consignment' or 'It is still in transit' or 'We're still expecting'.And they said it's a general problem too,so can't do anything but wait and just pray to God

noblebirth:

Hi Tosh, were you at their office today? I am resident in Ibadan. Had called the office today and was told the same story. I had to put up in the hotel throughout last week when I came around hoping they would receive the documents. Can you help with any update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gabrielclint:

Sorry for your refusal, assuming you paid a year tuition and show a constant source of money for u since you are self sponsored, i think it wud av bn an approval. get ur gcms file before refiring. you would be bak and stronger.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chibuike123(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone, pls how long am i likely to spend at vfs lekki when submitting my application and doing the biometrics. am asking because of my job just resumed yesterday, and it would be highly unserious of me to just request for a day off to submitt the application. many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluwamalik(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
Please this is what I got from CIC Accra this morning and I need your professional advice.

Though, I applied to USA then as an engineer with an agent to attend a training but I applied to Canada as an accountant. Pls what are my chances?

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2014 and 2015.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2017
WESTERNCR:

What's his chosen course in conestoga and how long are they willing to give him ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oluwamalik(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello gurus in the house. Please I need your advice. See below;

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Gabrielclint:

sorry sorry bro,
1: who is ur sponsor.
1b: is he/her an employee or an employer, if any, was his/her documents ( id & odas regarding his/ her job) fully represented in ur app,

2: you said ur school fees is $7600 is dat d full tuition fees or it was half payment under conditional admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
WESTERNCR:

You mean people has started getting TRV with PGD?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
dreeyy:

So sorry about the delay bro. Something must have been wrong somewhere. How much is your total school fees ? How many years program? Undergraduate or post graduate? Did you provided the evidence of $7600 payment you made? What did you stated as your source of income? What proofs did you provided?

total fees is 25500cad, 3 semester program so like 2 yrs, yes gave them my salary slip, salary or payslips
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
dreeyy:

UNBC, though I eventually got my admission with some other schools applied.
I didn't have to secure supervisor.

Did you get the admission then at UNBC? Did you have to secure a supervisor before getting the admission? Which other sch gave you admission pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Eraytee:

Sorry for your refusal, assuming you paid a year tuition and show a constant source of money for u since you are self sponsored, i think it wud av bn an approval. get ur gcms file before refiring. you would be bak and stronger.

it's university of Windsor, they pay in semester and per course.. so I paid for my first semester... pls how do I get my gcm file
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
dreeyy:

Probability of your approval will be quite low using any of the schools as your sponsor considering what we witnessed on using company as a sponsor. Best bet is get the proprietor/proprietress of the school to sponsor you using their personal account and you must have to also provide a convincing proof of relationship and reason they are sponsoring you.

Thanks for your response.

Please is it because of their balance that makes the school acoun not advisable?

If using their personal account, what are the necessary document that they need to get for me.

Based on your experience, could you please advice me on what you think I can use as evidence of relation I beg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
nelly28:

sorry sorry bro,
1: who is ur sponsor.
1b: is he/her an employee or an employer, if any, was his/her documents ( id & odas regarding his/ her job) fully represented in ur app,

2: you said ur school fees is $7600 is dat d full tuition fees or it was half payment under conditional admission.

I am self sponsor
I am an employee so presented all those stuff.
7600 is my first semester tuition fee comprising of two courses. full admission..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by advanceDNA: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
esosa4real:

Bro how you dey? I am a doc aiming for the federal skilled program but in the mean time, just incase that doesn't go thru on time, I have been looking for graduate schools for my brother and fiancee who studied mechengineering (first class) and Medlab science (2•1) respectively.
I have searched a lot of schools and although I go some info, I really get confused with tuition calculation and scholarship possibilities.

I am even mailing the schools now for a better breakdown. Now, am wondering where you saw those cheap tuition of 2.2million and 1million? Please bro confirm, is it for undergraduate or masters? Also, is it per year?

Lastly, I observed that one can hardly tell if a candidate will get scholarship until you have applied for the university and submitted documents. But based on your vast experience, please kindly and truthfully suggest the universities that can offer any form of scholarship, be it partial or full so I can apply for my bro and girl against 2018 session.

Thanks and Godbless!!

The tuition I quote a a postgraduate taught masters..the year programme..
Yes, most scholarship u nee to apply to the school awards the tution waiver be offered a condition condition unconditional offer before being considered for scholarship.

I must say u brother is quite impressive, first class in engineering no be beans, with the right statement of purpose and application to a couple of schools he shuld be able to get full or partial scholarship scholarship God's grace ooo...

Let me hav ur email i'l respond to u with a couple of Scholarship..breeze tru it...an see which school u u bro a babe fits in..few below though..when I get to t office i'll , computer to type..phone typing without keypads can can frustrating for me

Loughborough University: first class only, cover full tution only..

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/next-steps/international-finance/international-scholarships/

Global Excellence Scholarship for Nigerians at University of Dundee in UK, 2017
Partial scholarship though valued at 4,000£

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/scholarships/uod-global-excellence-nigeria-pg-cepmlp/

Sheffield university.transform together scholarship: half tuition waiver for Nigerians only too
https://www.shu.ac.uk/?sc_itemid=CC2E6E96-9EB7-4CBD-9B67-1419FBED4CDC

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by noblebirth(m): 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tosh1:

I stay in ib too,called them when I was just about to leave the house ,said I shouldn't come if they don't tell me to,that it's still not ready and I should call back before 3,that they are still expecting so I stayed back,they already know my number...whenever I call now,I barely say a word before they say'we are yet to receive the consignment' or 'It is still in transit' or 'We're still expecting'.And they said it's a general problem too,so can't do anything but wait and just pray to God

lolz. Bro, I perfectly understand jare. Under God, it will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.