Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911522 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Finestlex(m): 3:47am On Feb 23, 2017
Wolecypher:
I applied for a school in canada. I have been given admission to resume in September. The only issue I have now is that my passport will expire next January.
you should have renewed your passport before applying for admission, i think you should have a new passport ready before you get to visa stage. #call vfs to verify# justwise, any take on this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 4:27am On Feb 23, 2017
justwise:

You are gradually becoming part of the problem and not the solution.

Very soon Canadian embassy will have no regard for letters from those lawyers. Will not be long.

Post encouraging people to get a lawyer to cover mountain of deliberate lies will be removed as soon as I see it.
Justwise please respond to my mail labistaonline@yahoo.com, thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2017
Finestlex:
you should have renewed your passport before applying for admission, i think you should have a new passport ready before you get to visa stage. #call vfs to verify# justwise, any take on this?

No need renewing a passport with more than 6 months left on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Feb 23, 2017
atrapon:
Justwise please respond to my mail labistaonline@yahoo.com, thank you

I have replied your pm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Feb 23, 2017
@Folaroyal

I'm sorry but that hasn't changed my initial comment.

I found it unbelievable that an applicant will answer every other questions in the form and when it comes to the one that will test your integrity you erroneously missed it and this happens over and over again here.

Why do we always lose our sense of recollection when it comes to doing the right thing but when it comes to committing crime we become Stephen Hawking

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 23, 2017
Justwise forgive us, and give us part 12 wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2017
Genius000:
Justwise forgive us, and give us part 12 wink
Smiles!!! Good news loading in part 12!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iseise: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2017
Finestlex:
declare to them you've been denied US visa trice and tell them you misinterpreted the question thinking the form refers to Canada only. State the reasons why they denied you for US. You just gotta come clean and seek God's intervention.

Thanks for this wonderful response in my case I was not trying to hide anything, rather a complete oversight I thought they refer to Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sporch: 7:48am On Feb 23, 2017
Can I use a half-brother with different surname because of different fathers as a sponsor to study in canada since I don't have sufficient funds in my bank account resulting from petty business? Is it possible I don't pay any part of the tuition from Nigeria and pay on arrival in canada after providing evidence of funds?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adekunmi92(f): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2017
Folaroyal:

You may want to confirm.... Did you secure any affidavit of sponsorship for all your sponsors?!
Checking though!
Regards
Do u mean, letter of sponsorship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Adekunmi92:

Do u mean, letter of sponsorship?
Letter of sponsorship sworn under Oath in a court of law. That's a document required to support funding promised to an applicant.... Confirm if you understand or you have never used such.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Adekunmi92(f): 8:56am On Feb 23, 2017
Folaroyal:

Letter of sponsorship sworn under Oath in a court of law. That's a document required to support funding promised to an applicant.... Confirm if you understand or you have never used such.
Regards
I have never used such...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 8:58am On Feb 23, 2017
justwise:

I have replied your pm
thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2017
justwise:
@Folaroyal

I'm sorry but that hasn't changed my initial comment.

I found it unbelievable that an applicant will answer every other questions in the form and when it comes to the one that will test your integrity you erroneously missed it and this happens over and over again here.

Why do we always lose our sense of recollection when it comes to doing the right thing but when it comes to committing crime we become Stephen Hawking
Everyone should be clear on that!
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Somat4ril(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2017
bro good morning. please, I have been a silent follower on this thread, but it's time I get some clarification from gurus in the house. I graduated in 2015, Bsc sociology/anthropology with a cgpa of 3.30 on a scale of 5. currently doing my compulsory NYSC. will be done hopefully bybmarch ending. I searched various universities for masters program but kept getting the response that I need a 2.1 for a masters program. I later applied to the college graduate certification program in centennial college for international development because am interested in sociology of development. Also applied to MUN for MA sociology regardless. please I wanna know if i stand a chance of getting trv when eventually I gain admission to study at centennial college. because following comments on pgc here, one would think there is zero hope.. please a response would be appreciated immensely. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Somat4ril(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2017
please justwise,folaroyal. help me with the clarification please.. I beg of you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sporch: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
cube2nerdy:

Bro congrats!
Can i pm you priv8ly pls

Congrats bro. Pls what did u mean by fee schedule? Did u pay any part of the money or u will pay on arrival? Is it possible not to pay till one arrives canada? It's a concern for me pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by senator77: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello everyone, i quickly need your advise on which course to pursue admission for.
Undergrad - materials & metallurgical engrg
experience - 10 yrs work in Technical warehouse of one of the top 3 telecom company in Naija.
knowledge - full grasp of all telecom systems hardware & warehouse management.
proposed PG course in Canada - M.Eng electrical eng (focus : communication); PGD electrical & computer eng (focus: communication), M.Sc Supply chain management and finally M.Sc Technology management and entrepreneur.
PLEASE I need your advise once again considering my work experience as i was once advised not to go for masters in my Undergrad FIELD due to no activity for a long time in that area. pls advise a brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sporch: 9:37am On Feb 23, 2017
Segeye:
TRV Approved. To God be the Glory
Thank you to all the contributors on this epic thread. This has been the most useful source of information for me. I am indeed very grateful.
Here is my timeline:

• Application Submitted: 4th November, 2016 (online)
• Biometrics: 7th November, 2016
• Medical request: 30th January, 2017
• Medical done: 31st January, 2017
• Medical passed: 3rd February, 2017
• Passport request: 9th February, 2017
• Approval mail: 17th February. 2017
• Passport collected: 20th February, 2017

M.Eng University of Regina

Documents Submitted
1. Completed IMM1294 form
2. International Passport (data page)
3. Acceptance letter:
• Acceptance letter from Uof R
• Fee schedule
• IELTS result
• NYSC certificate
• Undergraduate degree certificate
• Undergraduate transcript
• WAEC certificate
• CV

4. Means of Financial support:
• Letter of employment
• My Statement of account
• Payslip for past 4 months
• Sponsorship letter from mother
• My Birth certificate
• Fixed deposit certificates
• Sponsor Statement of account
• Certificate of incorporation of business
• Letter of reference from bank
• List of shares from CSCS
• C of O of 3bdrm house

5. Digital photo
6. Completed IMM5645E

I wish all TRV hopefuls the best... Yours will come soon. Congrats Segeye. Is it possible to obtain the trv without paying the tuition fee from Nigeria and pay on arrival in canada But all funds evidence will be readily provided

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Somat4ril:
bro good morning. please, I have been a silent follower on this thread, but it's time I get some clarification from gurus in the house. I graduated in 2015, Bsc sociology/anthropology with a cgpa of 3.30 on a scale of 5. currently doing my compulsory NYSC. will be done hopefully bybmarch ending. I searched various universities for masters program but kept getting the response that I need a 2.1 for a masters program. I later applied to the college graduate certification program in centennial college for international development because am interested in sociology of development. Also applied to MUN for MA sociology regardless. please I wanna know if i stand a chance of getting trv when eventually I gain admission to study at centennial college. because following comments on pgc here, one would think there is zero hope.. please a response would be appreciated immensely. thanks
You may still continue your search for a masters program but truly.. there's no zero hope on PGD/C! We've seen approvals even as at last week.
While it gives you more mileage when you have a masters offer, in the case of PGD you will need to put in extra work/effort (LoE) to support your application...
For both,..... just be sure to align your proposed program with your UG course and get your funding right!!
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eastcoast1: 9:44am On Feb 23, 2017
Good morning guys, please do I need to attach the refusal letter I got from USA embassy to explain why I did not notify it on my Canada application form if I have been denied USA visa or not? This is urgent please!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Somat4ril(m): 9:49am On Feb 23, 2017
Folaroyal:

You may still continue your search for a masters program but truly.. there's no zero hope on PGD/C! We've seen approvals even as at last week.
While it gives you more mileage when you have a masters offer, in the case of PGD you will need to put in extra work/effort (LoE) to support your application...
For both,..... just be sure to align your proposed program with your UG course and get your funding right!!
Regards.
thanks bro, I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2017
Segeye:
TRV Approved. To God be the Glory
Thank you to all the contributors on this epic thread. This has been the most useful source of information for me. I am indeed very grateful.
Here is my timeline:

• Application Submitted: 4th November, 2016 (online)
• Biometrics: 7th November, 2016
• Medical request: 30th January, 2017
• Medical done: 31st January, 2017
• Medical passed: 3rd February, 2017
• Passport request: 9th February, 2017
• Approval mail: 17th February. 2017
• Passport collected: 20th February, 2017

I wish all TRV hopefuls the best... Yours will come soon.
Please, after passport submission, how long did it take for the approval mail? You got PPR on the 9th.. If you submitted it the next day (10th). That makes it 7 days. In summary sha, after you got the PPR, when did you submit it at vfs so i can calculate myself. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Uzee24: 10:12am On Feb 23, 2017
Morning house,
Please I would like to get ur suggestions on Universities dat are open for winter admissions 2018.
My school of interest is Memorial University, but due to finacial limitations I did not know that I would get the money for my program dis early so i did not start my application and its closed already.
My course of interest is M.A Sociology(thesis option), with a 4.23 CGPA and a budget of 9M(self-sponsor). I would like suggestions 4rm experienced people in the house on schools that I will be able to afford and that are open for January 2018 admission. Those i saw are above my budget.
I feel waiting for MUN till next fall will be a waste of time of some sort as I dont really have a good job dat can keep me busy till then(already a worry for TRV) and secondly age isnt by my side.
Thanks for your expected inputs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2017
I've been seeing posts about "upfront medicals" but I'm not sure I fully understand.

Can someone explain to me how that works? Also any idea of the cost of medicals in Abuja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Wolecypher: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2017
justwise:

No need renewing a passport with more than 6 months left on it.
thank you very much for your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jjk24(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2017
[img][/img]hi pple pls I got a mail today telling me ma passport is on d way via courier with d tracking number, pls what is the most realistic outcome here ,I was not mailed for medical and today probably makes it just two months since I applied? Pls a quick reply will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 11:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Obvious Refusal.pick your passport and re-fire.
jjk24:
[img][/img]hi pple pls I got a mail today telling me ma passport is on d way via courier with d tracking number, pls what is the most realistic outcome here ,I was not mailed for medical and today probably makes it just two months since I applied? Pls a quick reply will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2017
jjk24:
please what course and degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jjk24(m): 11:27am On Feb 23, 2017
atrapon:
please what course and degree
computer science bachelor's degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 11:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Blackanada:
I've been seeing posts about "upfront medicals" but I'm not sure I fully understand.

Can someone explain to me how that works? Also any idea of the cost of medicals in Abuja?
Just as the name implies, you get your medicals done upfront in an approved hospital before you apply for your student visa and then you add the upfront medical confirmation sheet that will be given to you by the hospital to your visa application package before you submit it to CIC. They will use the details on the sheet to recieve and review your medical result.
Check CIC site for the approved hospital and appropraite cost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.