Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (162548 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:34am On Dec 07, 2016
morning
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2016
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.

Hello engineers in the house,
I'm having a very frustrating issue with my Fujitsu Siemens amilo notebook pa3515 and it is AMD( I don't know what this means, though. )
It's been having a black lifeless screen for a while and I've done everything possible but it's still the same thing. I google this problem and found out it's common to Siemens laptops sad.
I was told initially by an engineer that it's VGA but after spending a whole day trying to repair it, he changed tune and said it's the projector. shocked

Please, geniuses in the house, what can I do? I'm just fed up 'cause the laptop is actually a new one. Please, help!!! sad angry

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by obashiakpu(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
Please, my laptop has stopped booting, it initially was on and of a sudden it went into a standby mode. I wanted to work with it and it has refused to show anything on the screen. if you on it, it will show lights on the keyboard but the screen will be dark. What do I have to do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
obashiakpu:
Please, my laptop has stopped booting, it initially was on and of a sudden it went into a standby mode. I wanted to work with it and it has refused to show anything on the screen. if you on it, it will show lights on the keyboard but the screen will be dark. What do I have to do?
what is the brand and model of your laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
luckylizzy:

Hello engineers in the house,
I'm having a very frustrating issue with my Fujitsu Siemens amilo notebook pa3515 and it is AMD( I don't know what this means, though. )
It's been having a black lifeless screen for a while and I've done everything possible but it's still the same thing. I google this problem and found out it's common to Siemens laptops sad.
I was told initially by an engineer that it's VGA but after spending a whole day trying to repair it, he changed tune and said it's the projector. shocked

Please, geniuses in the house, what can I do? I'm just fed up 'cause the laptop is actually a new one. Please, help!!! sad angry
You should have taken the laptop to the service center/ wholesalers for warranty since it was a new laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by abdulkabirtobi(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
pls kindly guide me on this, my dell laptop DVD rom does not eject I forcefully pull it some weeks back and it got broken. Please kindly help me on how to get it done, thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:28am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:
pls kindly guide me on this, my dell laptop DVD rom does not eject I forcefully pull it some weeks back and it got broken. Please kindly help me on how to get it done, thanks in anticipation
Since it is broken, the only thing that can be done is to get a replacement.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by abdulkabirtobi(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2016
sotall:
Since it is broken, the only thing that can be done is to get a replacement.
Thanks for your response bro., pls note that it's not ejecting before the breakage. I am not bothered on getting another one I'm only scared it may still not eject after putting a replacement
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:33am On Dec 08, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:

Thanks for your response bro., pls note that it's not ejecting before the breakage. I am not bothered on getting another one I'm only scared it may still not eject after putting a replacement

if it doesnt eject, then the motherboard needs to be checked.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by savictory2(m): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.
Hi, I have a very big problem with my desktop computer. When power on the both fans continue to move and there is yellow light the power button. And nothing else happens.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
savictory2:
Hi, I have a very big problem with my desktop computer. When power on the both fans continue to move and there is yellow light the power button. And nothing else happens.
I don't do desktop computers. So I will refer you to ask someone who knows
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by savictory2(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
sotall:
I don't do desktop computers. So I will refer you to ask someone who knows
OK.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2016
morning guys
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sanni45(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2016
savictory2:
Does it display no signal?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by marv1: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pls i have a laptop with window 8. I wanted to instal some softwares it keeps telling me that i dont have the administrator's right to do it. Some of the software i downloaded did not instal. How do i change my user account control of my laptop to administrator. I have not connected it to any pc network just a lone pc. Urgent pls. I need the step by step guide. God bless u.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
marv1:
Pls i have a laptop with window 8. I wanted to instal some softwares it keeps telling me that i dont have the administrator's right to do it. Some of the software i downloaded did not instal. How do i change my user account control of my laptop to administrator. I have not connected it to any pc network just a lone pc. Urgent pls. I need the step by step guide. God bless u.
I guess you are logged in to guest account. log in using an admin account on your laptop and you won't have issues.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by marv1: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Which one is admin account? I have only one account on it.
sotall:
I guess you are logged in to guest account. log in using an admin account on your laptop and you won't have issues.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by DrRiley(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
marv1:
When installing the software right click and select "run as administrator".
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
marv1:
Which one is admin account? I have only one account on it.
OK...next time you want to install such software, right click on the ".exe" application and choose " run with administrator rights". that should work.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by POPE2154(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
pls help!!! my Toshiba saterlite pro. A1 + display system protection failure..... enter password??
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 4:23am On Dec 13, 2016
POPE2154:
pls help!!! my Toshiba saterlite pro. A1 + display system protection failure..... enter password??
That is bios password. whatsapp or call me on 08090691083 for assistance.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Onaopemiplenty(f): 4:46am On Dec 15, 2016
I bought a new battery for my system Dell inspiron 700M yesterday,got the battery tested i saw that it was working and charging,i was told not to make use of it until it is fully charged,got it charged for roughly an hour this morning before the power went off,i got to the system check how far it charged to my suprise it didn't on but blinked.
pls is it normal,will it only on when it's fully charged.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:21am On Dec 15, 2016
Onaopemiplenty:
I bought a new battery for my system Dell inspiron 700M yesterday,got the battery tested i saw that it was working and charging,i was told not to make use of it until it is fully charged,got it charged for roughly an hour this morning before the power went off,i got to the system check how far it charged to my suprise it didn't on but blinked.
Did you test if the battery is able to power on your laptop before buying it?

Cos if not, I suspect something fishy from the seller.
Now when you power on the laptop , it blinks and go off and you have charged it for an hour!
It may be that your system isnt charging the battery ( because battery is bad or incompatible with your system) or your laptop has charging issues which needs to be rectified before it can be able to charge any battery. It may also be due to a bad/faulty charger
Check all what I listed and observe which one is the issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sanni45(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2016
Onaopemiplenty:
Try to unplug d charger,remove d battery n hold down d power button 4 lyk 30secs.Then insert d battery,plug d system n switch it on.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Onaopemiplenty(f): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2016
sotall:
Did you test if the battery is able to power on your laptop before buying it?

Cos if not, I suspect something fishy from the seller.
Now when you power on the laptop , it blinks and go off and you have charged it for an hour!
It may be that your system isnt charging the battery ( because battery is bad or incompatible with your system) or your laptop has charging issues which needs to be rectified before it can be able to charge any battery. It may also be due to a bad/faulty charger
Check all what I listed and observe which one is the issue.
Of course i did,i saw it charging and it indicated tiat it was charging
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Onaopemiplenty(f): 9:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Sanni45:
Try to unplug d charger,remove d battery n hold down d power button 4 lyk 30secs.Then insert d battery,plug d system n switch it on.
OK,i will do dat tanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2016
quote author=Onaopemiplenty post=51945615]
Of course i did,i saw it charging and it indicated tiat it was charging[/quote] Did you observe if the percentage of the battery was increasing? Because it is possible for you to see the charging light indicator or " plugged in , charging " in windows but the percentage won't increase.

if it was increasing when you bought and you observed this problem, then something has happened. You will need to see an engineer. if you are in Lagos ,you can contact me via the number in my signature
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Onaopemiplenty(f): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2016
Onaopemiplenty:

OK,i will do dat tanks
Power came on nw,i charged d system,it indicated dat it's charging up to 30% bt it went off immediately i removed the charger
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
How long should my HP 540 battery last? pls help ooo
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
Onaopemiplenty:

Power came on nw,i charged d system,it indicated dat it's charging up to 30% bt it went off immediately i removed the charger
When you bought this battery , it powered on the laptop when the charger wasn't plugged in. But now the battery can't power on the laptop by itself. Your motherboard needs checking
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by odion81(f): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2016
Hello engineer, I have a Hp mini laptop, any time I charge the battery, the battery indicator says plugged in, not charging. Please what do I do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2016
odion81:
Hello engineer, I have a Hp mini laptop, any time I charge the battery, the battery indicator says plugged in, not charging. Please what do I do?
First try another working battery on the laptop and observe if it will charge . if it doesnt charge , also try another charger.
if problem persist, you need to see an engineer

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.