Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East (14252 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu Vows Boycott Of 2019 Elections / Dr Aroms Aigbehi Calls For Boycott Of Cow Meat. / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Oblang(m): 7:54am On Aug 30, 2016
mightyhazell:
where do u get ur data dat the sky is up? Where do u get ur data dat water quenches thirst!observations eh? Certain tins are quite obvious,evn for blind or celebrally challenged ppl! Truth is dat I encounter more efik ppl outside of the southwest than I evn encounter yorubas. Yorubas are only found in reasonable numbers in southwest.

So because there is igbos in every part of Nigeria, that is enough reason for u to say igbos outnumbered hausas. U need to check ur body temperature Oga...

2 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by chrisblack: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2016
Demburrows:
Not really, i think they choiced to remain neutral in there news letters on like other tabloid. I think there have been alot of money bag/pressure from federal government lately.
see what Biafra is all about,they don't tolerate criticism. imagine when they end up forcing themselves on Niger Deltans.they would be worse

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2016
wristbangle:

U dey mind those Ugwu republicans who are filled with filth and hatred. Make we watch the drama of IPOB has their division go reach octapob cheesy

You can't be better than what you have written...Out of the abundance of the Mind, the mouth speaks...If you aren't hate filled and a filth yourself, you won't derogatorily see others asuch...even denigrating their legitimate cum innovative means of livelihood and foreign exchange earning...

You see others simply through the mirror of your life... physician cure yourself first...good morning!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Demburrows:
While on a commercial bus in portharcourt this morning heard from the car radio the Dp. Director of radio biafra an fm stereo very popular in ph voraciously telling the people to avoid and Boycott vanguard news paper, and from the arguments on the bus people are affirming to it. And the radio station cut across almost all the states in the eastern region.
My take. Vanguard shouldn't play one sided view on this biafra issues no matter the pressure and bribery from fg, judging by how passionate the people of the East are now about this biafra struggle. I see vanguard loosing a lot of sales and relevance in the east in future which constitute there major outreach if they continue to be one sided. They should think it twice thats my favourite news tabloid, wouldn't like to be harassed or afraid of reading my newspaper in a public atmosphere.
pls how are ibos passionate about this struggle??.cos i see ibo migrating in mass northward and westward .
pls take your time and go to ojota,berger,oyinbo,maza,maza,jabi,zuba,sabon gari kano and count the thousands of ibo economic migrant that will arrive daily then u can talk.infact ibos are the most Nigerians of all Nigerians they live and thrive ever where ...

3 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Victorvexz(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2016
promi6:
. Are you always this stupid,, or you just made a special effort today??
Please kindly ask ur biological father that question.

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Oblang:

I can't remember there is any tribe called Afonjas in Nigeria.. .

Afonjas =yorubas or ofe nmanu or cone Heads

So suppose code!aint u a nairaland

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Oblang(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2016
uckennety:

Afonjas =yorubas or ofe nmanu or cone Heads

So suppose code!aint u a nairaland

Coming from a flatie...

2 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Oblang:

Coming from a flatie...

SHUT up

Cone Head!

Dts not flat head
I see four-face

3 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Alexbrain(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Victorvexz:
Biafrans no get joy oh. They are angry. Lol. I remember when vanguard used to be their propaganda media, and they will be very happy. But now they published truth about Ipob dividing, they now planning on boycotting, this igbos really think that Nigeria existence is up to them to decide. They usually think Nigeria cannot do without them, that's why they think boycotting vanguard will be the end of the newspaper, forgetting that they 1 among the other 350 ethnic groups in Nigeria. So if u refuse to buy, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw etc will buy their newspaper. lol. Almost 100% of pro biafrans are jobless and frustrated, so how do u intend to boycott the newspaper. Do u have money to buy one? Lol.

Brother you smoke beans? How you take knw say they are jobless?

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by fratermathy(m): 10:27am On Aug 30, 2016
uckennety:

After looking @ d link u sent it states dt d language is an edoid group! N it's endangered

And I didn't see where it says dt student in abraka are learning it

Urhobo is Edoid as a linguistic group just like most of the other ethnic groups in the western fringes of the Niger Delta. This tag is because we share the same linguistic properties with Edo not because we speak Edo or anything. I guess you should be smart enough to know about language families and linguistic trees by now.

I guess you did selective reading. Below is an extract from that link:
Urhobo language and culture is taught in primary and secondary schools across Delta State of Nigeria. At the tertiary level, there is a Department of Urhobo in the School of Languages at the College of Education, Warri, Nigeria. With the efforts of diligent Urhobo scholars like Prof. (Mrs) Rose Aziza, Prof. G. G. Darah, both of Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria, Peter P. Ekeh, professor of African and African-American Studies at the State University of New York and other like-minded personalities, it was possible to start the study of Urhobo at Delta State University, Abraka. Urhobo thus became the first indigenous language to be studied and for which a degree is awarded at the state university

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by mightyhazell: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2016
Oblang:

So because there is igbos in every part of Nigeria, that is enough reason for u to say igbos outnumbered hausas. U need to check ur body temperature Oga...
for igbos 2 saturate the south east region (like 95%),rivers and delta den have v sizeable populations in everyother regions including the north east? I'd hazard a guess dat igbos are the most populous,but only a good census can finally corroborate dis,..but will d system support it?

6 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by arushiuga(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Oblang:

Igbos outnumber the ofe mmanus in the south west. If i am lying why do we have eze igbo in every Yoruba village
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by arushiuga(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2016
mightyhazell:
for igbos 2 saturate the south east region (like 95%),rivers and delta den have v sizeable populations in everyother regions including the north east? I'd hazard a guess dat igbos are the most populous,but only a good census can finally corroborate dis,..but will d system support it?
Don't mind the ofe mmanus. We control their land. They can't survive without us. They are too lazy to venture into businesses dominated by igbos. We will continue to control the west whether they like it or not

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:

Urhobo is Edoid as a linguistic group just like most of the other ethnic groups in the western fringes of the Niger Delta. This tag is because we share the same linguistic properties with Edo not because we speak Edo or anything. I guess you should be smart enough to know about language families and linguistic trees by now.

I guess you did selective reading. Below is an extract from that link:
Urhobo language and culture is taught in primary and secondary schools across Delta State of Nigeria. At the tertiary level, there is a Department of Urhobo in the School of Languages at the College of Education, Warri, Nigeria. With the efforts of diligent Urhobo scholars like Prof. (Mrs) Rose Aziza, Prof. G. G. Darah, both of Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria, Peter P. Ekeh, professor of African and African-American Studies at the State University of New York and other like-minded personalities, it was possible to start the study of Urhobo at Delta State University, Abraka. Urhobo thus became the first indigenous language to be studied and for which a degree is awarded at the state university

Wait is aziza and ekeh not ibos
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
mightyhazell:
yoruba population in nigeria can't be more than hausa population,how much more igbo population. Let me jog ur mind abit,...consider this scenerio,..

'Hausas' hav much presence in most towns (and evn villages) in nigeria. Notice I wrote hausa in quotes,depicting evth we southerners call hausas,including kanuris,chadians,malians,nigeriens,et al.
Igbos are ubiquitous in nigeria. Thers no place in any corner of ds world (including afghanistan and syria) u won't see the hardy igbo man doin his thing.in nigeria here,after indigenous populations in almost all d states,d next highest populations u see is igbos,meanwhile,southeast is almost entirely igbos,delta and rivers are mostly igbos while other southern states hav v significant igbo population. Meanwhile yoruba can only be found in their numbers only in the southwest. Now do ur deductions,..
boy are u alright what about kwara state 80% are Yoruba what about kogi state 20% are Yoruba ( second largest in kogi) even igala language is a yoruboid language what about Yoruba in Edo , delta, Niger. igbos is a minority ethnic group compared to Yoruba. in Nigeria alone Yoruba is bigger than Igbo with a very mighty gap. check Google and learn. if u want to put force ikwere as Igbo and other ethnic group's together with u it would still not reach the Nigerian yorubas alone

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by fratermathy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
uckennety:

Wait is aziza and ekeh not ibos

Nope. Those are Urhobo names bro.
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
so some OSU drunkards come to nairaland and start spraying bunch of lies. igbos are not even up to the total population of only Fulani. fulanis are every west African , north African nations spreading to central Africa and eastern Africa. comparing Yoruba population to Igbo own is like comparing a human being to a baboon

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:

don't answer that guy he is deceiving his self . he is just looking for anyway to drag others with his Biafra . if u like school him till tomorrow he will still live the like there lord nnamdi KANU program them to live. don't borther

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:

We are pawns in D chest masters game!

Mk we d watch
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
michaelandre:
don't answer that guy he is deceiving his self . he is just looking for anyway to drag others with his Biafra . if u like school him till tomorrow he will still live the like there lord nnamdi KANU program them to live. don't borther

1 Like

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by superman(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
Radio Biafra

then

do not vote for anybody! stay in your house

RESULT order obeyed and compiled

onto the next one- - - - - -
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by uckennety(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:

I asked cuz pple in my state bear those names!

Google dem n see bunch of igbo names appearing

NCAN reporting live.......
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by arushiuga(m): 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
michaelandre:
so some OSU drunkards come to nairaland and start spraying bunch of lies. igbos are not even up to the total population of only Fulani. fulanis are every west African , north African nations spreading to central Africa and eastern Africa. comparing Yoruba population to Igbo own is like comparing a human being to a baboon
But we control your lands. We have traditional leaders in your lands. We decide what happens in your land. Have you forgotten that one of your obas out of cowardice and fear of igbo domination treatened to throw igbos into the lagoon. We own the west
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by mikolo80: 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
39xtr90r:

Stop spreading lies and falsehood against Igbos just because you dread to be left behind with your Fulani masters in OduaArewanistan republic.

If you're sane and sensible you would have realised that IPOB was not created on the pages of newspapers and television screens, and that its leadership and headquarters are overseas.

"Magically recreating IPOB on the pages of newspapers and television screens is the height of deception..."
how's can Yoruba be afraid of Hausa
Abi it's them that are afraid of us
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by mightyhazell: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
michaelandre:
boy are u alright what about kwara state 80% are Yoruba what about kogi state 20% are Yoruba ( second largest in kogi) even igala language is a yoruboid language what about Yoruba in Edo , delta, Niger. igbos is a minority ethnic group compared to Yoruba. in Nigeria alone Yoruba is bigger than Igbo with a very mighty gap. check Google and learn. if u want to put force ikwere as Igbo and other ethnic group's together with u it would still not reach the Nigerian yorubas alone
lol! Wich yoruba is in niger and delta? Agreed a clan or 2 speaks yoruba in edo. If u want 2 start talking igboid groups,do u knw we hav large swathes of igbo speaking areas in edo,kogi,bayelsa,cross rivers and akwa ibom? Rivers and delta has indegenous igbos dat constitute almost 50percent of total populations.not 2 talk of igbos from southeast dats settling in dese places. I don't need 2 oint out igbo populations in lagos and oda southwest states now do I? Inshort igbos are evrywhere,..'Hausas' may be in contention,but definitely not yorubas. Igbos outnumber yorubas in nigeria. I repeat,I see more of efiks in other places in nigeria dan I see yorubas. I don't want 2 dabble in2 igbos and yorubas in diaspora. Evrybody knws who has more populations outside of the shores!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by promi6(m): 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
Victorvexz:

Please kindly ask ur biological father that question.
. I wanted to honour you with a reply ,,but I remembered a certain quote I came across today,,, It says thus; "Never reply/argue with a fool, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"... Shalom!!!
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by SlayerSupreme: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
fratermathy:

I'm happy we have nothing to offer you. Don't annex us again EVER!

Mind you, Urhobo is a standard language written in waec and neco. It is studied in all Colleges of Education in Delta state and it is the ONLY NIGERIAN LANGUAGE studied in Delta State University! We don't use Yoruba, Edo or Igbo for ANYTHING!
Urhobo in Waec? Who's this fool?
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 01, 2016
mightyhazell:
lol! Wich yoruba is in niger and delta? Agreed a clan or 2 speaks yoruba in edo. If u want 2 start talking igboid groups,do u knw we hav large swathes of igbo speaking areas in edo,kogi,bayelsa,cross rivers and akwa ibom? Rivers and delta has indegenous igbos dat constitute almost 50percent of total populations.not 2 talk of igbos from southeast dats settling in dese places. I don't need 2 oint out igbo populations in lagos and oda southwest states now do I? Inshort igbos are evrywhere,..'Hausas' may be in contention,but definitely not yorubas. Igbos outnumber yorubas in nigeria. I repeat,I see more of efiks in other places in nigeria dan I see yorubas. I don't want 2 dabble in2 igbos and yorubas in diaspora. Evrybody knws who has more populations outside of the shores!
don't be deceived by your own thinking there is no such thing as indigenous igbos in kogi , akwa ibom, cross rivers, bayelsa or even delta. they have there own name like ikwere, anioma, etche so on but when u even went ahead to put bayelsa, akwa ibom, kogi that that is totally different from igbos I was surprised by your thinking u just felt like fooling your own self. non indigenous yorubas go too were is more better than there own land not anywhere in Southeast some places in Southsouth. how would u leave a paradise and go into hell!!. see comparing Yoruba to Igbo in any good aspect of life is a disrespect to the yorubas because Yoruba's were never cannibals but Igbo are still cannibals , Yoruba were always civilised Igbo civilization is not up to even 90 years. and population Yoruba are like igbos x5.and when u say u (see) more of efik it your own sight problem not mine. since u think a little minded Igbo man can deceive a Yoruba man that means a camel can pass through a needles eyes
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by 39xtr90r: 12:38am On Sep 01, 2016
michaelandre:
don't be deceived by your own thinking there is no such thing as indigenous igbos in kogi , akwa ibom, cross rivers, bayelsa or even delta. they have there own name like ikwere, anioma, etche so on but when u even went ahead to put bayelsa, akwa ibom, kogi that that is totally different from igbos I was surprised by your thinking u just felt like fooling your own self. non indigenous yorubas go too were is more better than there own land not anywhere in Southeast some places in Southsouth. how would u leave a paradise and go into hell!!. see comparing Yoruba to Igbo in any good aspect of life is a disrespect to the yorubas because Yoruba's were never cannibals but Igbo are still cannibals , Yoruba were always civilised Igbo civilization is not up to even 90 years. and population Yoruba are like igbos x5.and when u say u (see) more of efik it your own sight problem not mine. since u think a little minded Igbo man can deceive a Yoruba man that means a camel can pass through a needles eyes

Miserable abobaku from a juju-infested enclave, Igbos are not your mates. Locate your playing mates amongst the Northern Almajiris.

You're despicable for Igbos to even touch you and your cannibalistic Yoruba people with a long stick but for this contraption. Despite your boast of 'sophistication' and superior education yet many of you incestuous products wallow in juju, illiteracy, strange diseases, penury, abject poverty and squalor.

Your diabolic wickedness warranted a Kenyan to write an article on your verm1ns.
https://www.nairaland.com/1433737/most-aduterous-fettish-tribe-africa-yoruba

How will you cretins not be bile-filled and devilish when you lots are descendants of a fallen demon?

Useless rants from a deluded generation of treacherous backst*bbers cum murderous parasites!
Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by bi0nics: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2016
uckennety:

SHUT up

Cone Head!

Dts not flat head
I see four-face
This nko

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by mightyhazell: 4:53am On Sep 01, 2016
michaelandre:
this guy! Arguing with ur type is like arguing wit a brickwall.well,u can deceive urself all u want. But yorubas are not found in their numbers outside the southwest. Its v rare 2 hav yoruba landlords in the east,southsouth or in the north.whereas igbos are seen in their numbers anywhere u go. 'Hausas' can be seen almost evrywhere too,..evn tho they hardly own ppties. Efiks are also more visible elsewhere dan yorubas. I see more 'calabar' pppl in places dat are neutral to both efik and yoruba.

Plus,..did I read where u said yorubas were never cannibals?? grin well let me take it dat u were referring 2 d distant past. I don't really knw abt yoruba history. But presently I tink yorubas are the only ethnic groups in present day nigeria dat still practice cannibalism. I shd be furnishing u with links v shortly. Since solely on ur accord u opened up dat battlefront,..I'd gladly oblige u...including links abt eating ur dead rulers,rituals and cannibalism in soka,plus the links on ur state legislators crying and shouting demselves hoarse abt d spate of cannibalisms in the southwest. Pls gv me a moment sir

4 Likes

Re: Ipob: Mass Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper Now Happening In The East by mightyhazell: 5:05am On Sep 01, 2016
39xtr90r:

Miserable abobaku from a juju-infested enclave, Igbos are not your mates. Locate your playing mates amongst the Northern Almajiris.

You're despicable for Igbos to even touch you and your cannibalistic Yoruba people with a long stick but for this contraption. Despite your boast of 'sophistication' and superior education yet many of you incestuous products wallow in juju, illiteracy, strange diseases, penury, abject poverty and squalor.

Your diabolic wickedness warranted a Kenyan to write an article on your verm1ns.
https://www.nairaland.com/1433737/most-aduterous-fettish-tribe-africa-yoruba

How will you cretins not be bile-filled and devilish when you lots are descendants of a fallen demon?

Useless rants from a deluded generation of treacherous backst*bbers cum murderous parasites!
overkill! Haba! Pasn no dey play wit u? grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Claims 39 Not 83 Soldiers Are Missing After Boko Haram Attack / 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election / APC Women North-West Campaign Flag-Off In Katsina (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.