Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250291 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2010
Kcbenjamin:

@ George, ultrasurf works as well, might even be faster than freegate. Besides freegate refuse to take me to any downloading url but ultrasurf did. Still tryin to figure out the possibility of gtunnel.

About that stuff i called you about, the thing refuse to pick any bird so had no option but to leave it on the east position. At lest i can track all the birds on the east position. I think the problem has to do with the way the supermax dish mount is designed making it difficult to even find where to fix the jack to move from east to west.

@Kcbenjamin,
Your right about ultrasurf. It connects for me too but somehow it's always tripping and trying to re-connect perpetually. That is why I based mainly on freegate.

As for your jack problems, if the supermax dish design prevents you from mounting the jack properly you can always get a local welder to modify the base and after that everything should be just fine. Check the pictures of modified STRONG pan dishes posted in season 1 of this thread. I'm sure that will give you an idea what I mean:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2010
@tw.tai
@goe D

4shared.com is site we can create a space where we can store some software so that some member can go and download like this freegate they talking about. just take a look it
wetin 4 ur view
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2010
NSS 7 is proving more difficult than i thought. I was able to get the satellite position but the quality still remains on zero no matter how much i tweak the lnb. Any other tips on how to go about it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by usher8701: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2010
@ all, do anyone know about this signal?

Intelsat 707, 53.0*W.

A channel called sportmax is there.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2010
@George_D,
Can I suggest that you post the "How to use freegate and relevant info " on the g group to save yourself from repeated requests from members?

@ALL,
any one knows where SABC International is right now?Yes it used to be on pas7/10, not any more.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nanecs: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2010
@ALL

I received a message on my phone yesterday from STRONG and it reads thus;
"Watch African Nations Cup in English, without subscription, on STRONG MPEG-4 systems from N21,000 fully installed. Contact your nearest STRONG dealer NOW."

Was wondering what they meant by "FULLY INSTALLED". Anyone with ideas?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 10:49am On Jan 14, 2010
@ Nanecs,
I guess fully installed, means using a sgtrong Mpeg-4 decoder and connecting to Multi-TV on Astraba cos they cover the nations cup and its FREE.
my 2 cents though.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2010
@captainus,
Copy that.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ All
I have uploaded the freegate software and the notes on the infos into G group . So enjoy it

Any one with the idea of getting a local dish constructed 3.0m which site
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rich8: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2010
All chelsea vs sunderland live on 2m satday 15.00gmt
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ugeh: 4:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Zenus
which part of Calabar you dey?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ugeh: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
@Zenus
Which part of Calabar you dey?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 7:56pm On Jan 14, 2010
@Ugeh. Here is my location. The red circle indicate where i live

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ all
plz apart from multi tv ,w3a which other satelite can man get from 90cm dish.w3a and sirius channels which is better.
thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ ALL
Freegate and other ftb software should be discuse in backyard plz
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bing(m): 12:51am On Jan 15, 2010
@george hi, pls i need the settings for freegate, this is my id uzoma100@gmail.com. thanks and God bless,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 6:53am On Jan 15, 2010
@spacedevice

got your sms, to fully enjoy the backyard, i will suggest a gmail account.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2010
pitodenz:

@ ALL
Freegate and other ftb software should be discuse in backte]
you right my bros
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by usher8701: 11:19am On Jan 15, 2010
@ all, I bought wireless smartWi card splitter and is only working for conax. Now I found out about a firmware that can work for both card ( IRDITOR AND CONAX IN ONE BOX ). please, is anyone have idea about the cable to use and what is the name of the cable?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 11:40am On Jan 15, 2010
usher8701:

@ all, I bought wireless smartWi card splitter and is only working for conax. Now I found out about a firmware that can work for both card ( IRDITOR AND CONAX IN ONE BOX ). please, is anyone have idea about the cable to use and what is the name of the cable?

Regular USB cable.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by miju(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
@olofofo thanks for the assistance you've been rendering, i appreciate. i have 2 questions.

1. what size of dish can i use to get thaicom5@78.5e
2. which is better, daarsat mpeg4 reciever or strong mpeg4 reciever.
3. if carry out a blind scan, will i get sirius4 signals with my 1m dish pointed to w3a.

your answer will go along way
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
miju:

@olofofo   thanks for the assistance you've been rendering, i appreciate. i have 2 questions.

1. what size of dish can i use to get thaicom5@78.5e
2. which is better, daarsat mpeg4 reciever or strong mpeg4 reciever.
3. if carry out a blind scan, will i get sirius4 signals with my 1m dish pointed to w3a.

your answer will go along way

you should be able to receive thaicom based on where you are in Nigeria, but the trick is getting your dish to move that far towards the horizon, the limits for most dishes here is 72E, i'll say 2.4m should be able to do it. besides, what's there?
2. darsat is fully HD decoder and i believe that it's better for future use while the strong decoder is Mpeg 4 and is somewhat limited in it's ability, although it' a great a decoder decoder for signal stability.
3. it is possible depending on the alignment of your dish, try if you will get this TP to turn green on it 12607v, 29950

@would be backyardeees

all pending activation done, you can now sign in with your gmail account

http://groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta/pending?s=1&hl=en-GB

@spacevice

done.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
why is it that any news from africa concerning FTA should not be taken seriously, CRTV that announced thursday as claimed by some peeps on this forum, where are they now

they just keeping our hopes high, the best bet is for one to just hook up to nile or hotbird and forget all about all these so-called africa FTA. they will just give one Hypertension, or heart break (i've suffered enough of that). Free2view has been advertising close to 2 years now. Nothing to show for it.

Nile, am on the way to get you unfailingly this time around.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ olofolo
Thanks man!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
@all
greetz and happy new year to the house. I think what has kept me off the house but the FTA fire burning is now under control. I will be able to make my contributions to house - I am happy for that.
I will extend my condolence to brethren who are/were bereaved and in the same light share the joy of brethren who were blessed with "family top-ups"

massive respec unno
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ohikhena(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
@All

Wishing all esteemed members of this forum a wonderful 2010.Its good to be back after such a long tym away from d forum.i have been in an interior part of naija (gurin,adamawa state nigeria)its a border town with cameroun.but just came back to yola and thats why am posting now.cos communication was kinda hard over there.all the same i want to send my sincere condolence
to buben and all those who lost loved ones over this period i pray that God grant u guys the fortitude to bear the loss.
To george D CONGRATULATIONS u've been a big broda to most of us
And to all those who were blessed with beautiful babies all through this period i say abig congrats.
Finally i say thanks to all for the knowledge they have impacted in us.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
prince paris NSS7 is working fine .i guess you are not doing somethings right .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Sathob,
It's been quite a while. Happy new year to you and all the rest FTA members on the west side!  smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ Oga George
For those of us who are not lucky to get Nilesat, we get excited with such news frm CRTV.
Anyway, they said by February. Let's wait and see.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
George_D:

@Sathob,
It's been quite a while. Happy new year to you all the rest FTA on the west side!  smiley

@george d,

things are going as earlier discussed.will be coming as earlier said.sorry couldnt get back to u on that stuff.i havent been chanced this week.but i will get the latest info on it tommorrow saturday and relate back to u accordingly.

@ pito,

how far about those stuffs.hope u got them intact.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2010
@ george-e
thanks

@ eni,
i tire o. I blindscan almost evry nite,no new station. Imagine, i txted 2 ask them 2 display their new tp & sr on screen yestaday,only to b told dat all we have to do his rescan.
May be we shud only break their news wen they come up live, & not on wat they say.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2010
I thought someone said there is a new station at 57 Deg West. I did blindscan but nothing there. If I can only have the TP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.