Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (248824 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2010
enitan2002:

you'll be suprise that it wont get any new birds a motorised 3.6m would get.

@ Enitan/All
Like George_D have said, I have finally nailed the bull's eye. My CNN is hitting 82% on 4653X at the moment and I got 1,100 stations on Hot bird @ 13 degrees East. All Nile TPs are over 70%. I will update you guys later. George_D has the whole picture because he witnessed the installation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by niddle9(m): 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
@butoneday
I dey envy you o, wish i was there! to see for myself.
Congrats.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
1,100 channels on hotbird ?!! that isnt bad but i guess all is scrambled except some few erotic channels.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by niddle9(m): 11:53pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Oga george_d
with the 5m dish what do you think the CNN will hit here in lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
olofofo, it is not the no of stations that matter but what matters most is do you derive a enough pleasure from it? if the answer is yes weather it is 90cm or 1.8m or 2.4 etc the bottom line is satisfaction. let me tell u little of what i enjoy 1.News- bbc, skynews, cnn, france 24,aljazeera, cctv9, dawn news etc u might want to say sky news and bbc is not 24hrs I AGREE but who will want watch news for 24hrs 2.Series and Soap operas- Dr phill, oprah, heroes, g unit, 24, prison break, smallville, americals nex top model, mammas boy, judys court, etc sport 3.premier league, la liga, spanish league, scottish league carling cup, uefa, caf cup, boxing, wwf wresling, athletics, etc 4.drama- jacobs cross, african movies, etc 5. documentary 6. comedy- gags just for laugh, etc.  I know u would say most of the soaps i mentioned are also on nile but bros kaki no be leather. pls take a little time to check and see for yourself. apart from u having to change the satellite positions WHICH with time u get used to it. Some of this so called African channels eg ktn, tim, sabc, visat 1, eatv , pulse, crtv, mbc 3, show the best of talk shows, sport and series more than those arab fta on nile. pls do give it a try. I know you have been there b4, but not now believe me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 12:03am On Jan 19, 2010
niddle 9, saw your mail. u never sleep make fta no kill u oooo. wetin u want take 5m dish do for lag when with 1.8 you can hit cnn at 66% signal qty 0n nns 7c band. you even have access to there feed. @butoneday, congrats! no bi small thing oo 1100 channesl men carry go jo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 12:07am On Jan 19, 2010
ola u neva sleep too.how yur side?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2010
obnely, bros I DEY OO am doing some feed hunting as usual.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by niddle9(m): 12:33am On Jan 19, 2010
@Olason
oga mi sir, happy hunting!! No mind me jare, was just just wondering if the dish could be be put to more birds test.
How is madam and Princess doing?
my regards.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 1:37am On Jan 19, 2010
Great
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 19, 2010
niddle_9:

@butoneday
I dey envy you o, wish i was there! to see for myself.
Congrats.

you never witness anyone for the lagos wey u dey, na warri u wan go.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 8:02am On Jan 19, 2010
enitan 2002
Re: MOTORISED V FIXED
you have treated the fact that there are some good satellite installers of the commercial genre with levity. If you hit the right arc durring installation,all other problems that follow are minor and i use the word advisedly.There are installers who can achieve this and in effect achieve a trouble  free mobile dish installation. We must get away from the erroneous belief that unless you install dishes or any other fta gizmos yourself you are not an enthusiast or that you are any less an enthusiast. I reckon we should all look up the meaning of the word enthusiast in the dictionary. Anybody can enjoy a mobile dish configuration as long as it is properly set up.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2010
@Olason,
My broda how ar u doing please kindly direct me to where you pick ur remote for LG decoder u bought in Alaba or possibly send me mail on joadekunle@yahoo.com so we can chat or talk better any one u preferred.Send me ur contacts to my box

@ Butoneday,
Congratulations on your latest discovery infact you are tooo n threeeeeeeee much May the Lord continue to increase your knowledge to continue to make more discoveries,Amen

@ Enitan
Broda when are you going to finally nail your Nilesat. This is your year ok it must be achieved.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2010
@ eduzo,

well appreciated. But know this, being a certified telecommunications engineer i can authoritatively tell you that though the satellites are lined up in an imaginary arc, but in real terms they are really not on the arc. They tend to drift away from their allocated spot, thats why you see them come with propellers, that is used to propelled them to an back to that arc. Thats why a mobile satellite system will never get the maximum signal strength of all the birds it can track compared to what a fixed dish will get even if that bird is out of the arc.

No matter how good you think you are in theories, practicals matter a lot my brother. Everyone is a living testimony to that effect.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2010
@ jossy, well by 1st week of march i will install nile just to mark my birthday. At least no fishes for now to squandered my money for the contract.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by skalamanga: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2010
Dejsam:

@skalamanga,

i would have explained what cas update is all about to u.but that can't be done on the forum now.its usually a discussion at the backyard or private message or mail discussion.cas data update for echolink is available as at now for ART and JSP on nilesat.but i cant get accross to u.u can drop your mailbox.will get accross to u when i am sending to my people too.

hope this will help u a little.

@dejsam
oh thanks dejsam here is my email: seejidek@gmail.com. i would surely be glad to know much more and also increase my membership status from percieve to active and hope that very soon i would also be able to do an installation myself as well as solve other technical issues abi do i have to be a telecoms engineer like enitan to achieve taht? grin

really appreciate
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2010
@ All
CCTV4 ON EW4 Free

@Olofofo
thank u
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2010
@enitan,hw u dy? U and these ur fishes? Hope dey no go kil u? Hw ur end? Me i dy office just being busy.
@all muvi tv on pas 7 10 is being open 4now. I just don't knw why is being encrypted? Any way sha, enjoy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by JMS(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hi everyone! just a pleasure to see the part 4 going on even if there no more new discoveries, but no worries since Sirius 4 is over booked for S.A 2010 football world cup, many things about FTA are still to come.
As for my week-end, since i am back from the country side nothing was working perfectly then i decided to make the maintenance of my intallation; i got a motorized 2.4 mesh facing the westcoast and a 90cm for Ew3.
When i adjusted the alignment of the dish, tweaked my C-band lnb on Nss7C, to my surprise, everything went very good, my beloved 3644V for télécongo, France 24, , my everlasting love cnn signal popped up, i am now able to watch Viasat that could not get and so on.
So in short, my motorized performed correctly from intelsat 903(Ivorycoast) to intelsat 10-02(Pentagone tv), today i will try the East coast starting from Paksat till intl 902C DON'T KNOW WEATHER THE SAME ALIGNMENT WILL ENABLE ME TO GET THOSE BIRDS. At last, the same sunday, solved the problem of my Converter, i bought a new Varta battery(170AH) and charged it with a good electricity quality, stored a lot energy; my men, as i worke all day long, when i come back home, i don't lose any Angolan soccer cup of nations match and i am sleeping lately with a free mind, no power cut and subcription worries, as before, FTA is a must to have installations.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
@Butoneday
Oneday indeed - just oneday u made it! compliments for the success on that 5m dish project. why compliments, because you had problems with that project on some occasions, I read ur discussions especially with george "Idren"_d (if i'm not wrong), u never gave up the dream and today we are hearing the success story of what u wanted to make out of that bowl.

Respec fi I mon Itinually.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2010
@Enitan why would u do dat? grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
@BUTONEDAY,
Congratulations on your installation.
Please check for me (and Ibaku) if from your location, your new 5m setup can receive Intelsat 802 at 33 East. Try this TP: 11589 H 8681, 3/4. I believe that this may be possible if you can receive Hortbird and Astra2D. Please confirm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ George_D
@ Enitan

Thank u both for the assistance u both gave me while i was installing the Dtheives. I was under pressure then, i wanted to help my boss who neva believe i could do it. He finally surrendered when i hit green.
Thank u all.

This weekend i would like to hit W6, i will give u both call when am true. Am proud of u all in the forum.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ Enitan2002

I neva hear from u again, how can we hook up i need to see u one on one. As u know am too inquisitive all me to explore thru that exposure and experience of urs.

My office internet had problem that made me not to come on board all these days.
See ya.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ALL, im trying to install intelsat 10 for one of the construction companies inside apapa port. My headache is these, aljazeera news 70% but still cracking like hell so r the others too. My equipments-comstar mesh, strong n pauxis lnbs. Any advice or suggestion will b appreciated. Ty.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ussals(m): 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
@all pls. Someone should help me with the proceedure to trabck w3a keeping my tv as my reference position. here is my email ussals45@yahoo.com[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
@Gofitech

Please check your e-mail
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2010
@olason

good for you that you are enjoying your 1.8m motorized but as far as am concerned there's really no argument regarding having a fixed dish with everything on it and a motorized dish., no argument whatsoever

@all

I have uploaded a detailed instruction plus firmware on how to  use 1-2-3-4 strong decoders to share any smart card, H*#V, D#tv, etc, all group members enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
olofofo:

@olason

good for you that you are enjoying your 1.8m motorized but as far as am concerned there's really no argument regarding having a fixed dish with everything on it and a motorized dish., no argument whatsoever

@all

I have uploaded a detailed instruction plus firmware on how to  use 1-2-3-4 strong decoders to share any smart card, H*#V, D#tv, etc, all group members enjoy

You are doing a nice work here.
KEEP UP
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by kakofo(m): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ sathob
How are u? Pls can u send me ur email so that we chat? michaelofosuapea@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ibakun ,i guess you are still fresh.i suspect something is setting your dish and Lnb into a resonance,may be heavy traffic or a powerful generator is closer to that area.Even though a common okada sound can affect the signal quality of c band.try and locate a reduced or noise free environment for your installation.I did that to mine and it works fine .Initially when my neighbour on his generator the signal will move from 60 to red but when i discussed the issue with my neighbour he changed the location of his generator and the signal is ok my aljazeera is 75% .Hope that will work for you too.Good luck.
U GO DON CHOP MONEY OOO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY.carry go na your time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
@obnelly, yea i thought of that as well and thats why im gonna get the dish on a very high scafolder i saw on site and see what happens, thanx bro. less i forget, about the chop money part ? Lmao(chinese company !).

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.