Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) (71300 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pylony:
Babe, no Mind all these boys from the Boob club, NL branch. grin

hahahahahah
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
realmindz:
what are you doing here, oya come dey go romance section

lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Surfboard:

Bros, na the same match we watch?

We were too direct, meaning with few passes or long thrust of the ball, we were attacking.

Some coaches play this way but I prefer a slower build up. I also prefer the team compact and defending together.

Did you see us play with fast or slow build up?
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by mmsen: 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
caprini1:
National stadium. surulere Lagos comes to mind.....a theatre of many dreams,but the FG allowed it rot.

I really don't know why there are so many FG assets in Lagos being allowed to rot - why not sell them, get the money and allow them to contribute to the economy?

Lagos could do with a world class stadium.

It's just like the old secretariat in Ikoyi, allowed to rot for years when it could/should have been sold as soon as the move to Abuja was made.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Surfboard(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We were too direct, meaning with few passes or long thrust of the ball, we were attacking.

Some coaches play this way but I prefer a slower build up. I also prefer the team compact and defending together.

Did you see us play with fast or slow build up?

I think we mixed it well, played short passes sometimes, and played long at other times. The reason why it seemed like we were more direct today was because the team pressed higher up the pitch, allowing them to win the ball in Tanzania's half, thus needing fewer passes to get into the opposition box. The midfield helped execute this strategy very well. I prefer this tactic because it forces opponents into mistakes and allows us to play the game on our own terms. In games against better teams we may sit back and try to be compact, but there are few teams better than us in Africa
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Surfboard:

I think we mixed it well, played short passes sometimes, and played long at other times. The reason why it seemed like we were more direct today was because the team pressed higher up the pitch, allowing them to win the ball in Tanzania's half, thus needing fewer passes to get into the opposition box. The midfield helped execute this strategy very well. I prefer this tactic because it forces opponents into mistakes and allows us to play the game on our own terms. In games against better teams we may sit back and try to be compact, but there are few teams better than us in Africa

Against a stronger side, that pattern will faulter because of the gaps behind.

A compact system gives cover and leave little gaps. Watch the few times the Tanzanians attacked, they were gaps to break in and cause damage.

Also, there were lots of rushed attacks and weak passes to the forwards. Look at some of Moses crosses, especially the low ones. In such cramp set up by the Tanzanians, there is no need rushing in but calculated team play.

We need to move in Unison tha in broken bits.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
Surfboard:

If Spain or Belgium plays a small team, they will not run in guns blazing. They will still moved in compact calculated play.

The coach believed in using hard pressure to keep the Tanzanians uncoordinated and it created chances. It is just that the weaknesses were hard to put off.

Also, this is the Boss first game with about a week with the players. I see the team shaping up to play better.

Someone tell the coach to give Isaac Success a call.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Surfboard(m): 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If Spain or Belgium plays a small team, they will not run in guns blazing. They will still moved in compact calculated play.

The coach believed in using hard pressure to keep the Tanzanians uncoordinated and it created chances. It is just that the weaknesses were hard to put off.

Also, this is the Boss first game without a weak with the players. I see the team shaping up to play better.

Someone tell the coach to give Isaac Success a call.

Well, with more training sessions, the coach will get his ideas across. If Isaac Success plays regularly, he will get a call-up.

I'm more worried about Ahmed Musa's form for us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ayusco85(m): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
beautiful232:

even with what I'm putting on,you still looking for what to say ba
How great are boobs?
Nice honkers by d way. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
ayusco85:

How great are boobs?
Nice honkers by d way. grin

go and sleep....and learn how to use the right word in public...
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Mekyno(m): 2:34am On Sep 04, 2016
Lero15:

I concur. I like your analysis.
Thanks lero.....dats the work of technical adviser. I wish the man and Nigeria team well sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by RickyTan: 3:08am On Sep 04, 2016
WOW
Kelechi Kelechi Kelechi
Vicious Strike right there
Igbo Amaka
Up Naija !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by LoveJesus87(m): 3:44am On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

I love football alot

Awwww that's beautiful! Which club do you support? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ayusco85(m): 5:40am On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

go and sleep....and learn how to use the right word in public...
Sorry it it's gross, but.......
I ve been wanting to use those lines.

U know those lines u pick up from a movie? Well that's it. Picked it from How I met your mother.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Awwww that's beautiful! Which club do you support? cheesy

Barcelona
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2016
zicoraads:

Smellymouth did...by opening his mouth for the goalie...the stench confused and killed them
heheheheh....

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2016
Some people talk sef! Ordinary Tanzania we dey beat 1-0 ko? Football these days na about names and past glory ko??

For your information... Here are some results from Yesterday's other AFCON qualifiers....

Ivory Coast 1-1 Sierra Leone

imagine the reigning Afcon Champions Couldn't beat ''Ebola'' torn Sierra Leone at home. Sierra Leone are struggling to even organise a local league like the NPFL. They are planning to resort to non-league football according to bbc report.

Cape Verde 0-1 Libya ; Imagine war torn Libya defeating Cape Verde at home, this defeat could dent their qualification for the AFCON. I think Cape Verde are even ranked higher than Nigeria and Libya are ranked belowTanzania (I am not sure).

Ghana 1-1 Rwanda

The Ghanaians had a good game just like the Super Eagles. Created lots of chances but couldn't bury them. In the end they fell to a stunning free kick.

Angola 1-1 Madagascar

Angola playing at home had to come from behind to level the score.

If we had beat them 5-0 some will still say ordinary Tanzania. If they drew us same thing. No matter the result those that wants to criticize will still criticize.

Sometimes results and play doesn't go your way.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by LoveJesus87(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

Barcelona
ah! Barca ke? O.Y.O lo waa. I go kill una for dis champe dis season. Na die u dey grin #proudly_ManCity cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
LoveJesus87:
ah! Barca ke? O.Y.O lo waa. I go kill una for dis champe dis season. Na die u dey grin #proudly_ManCity cheesy

hahahahahahahahhaahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha,

see your mouth

na your father you wan kill abi

you will obey your father's make time reach
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Lero15(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Mekyno:

Thanks lero.....dats the work of technical adviser.
I wish the man and Nigeria team well sha

Amen bro.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by abeysticks: 4:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
Really we are saying ordinary Tanzania fine but something we need to remember is that there is no minnow in Africa again aside that we used four coaches in the prosecution of this 2017 qualifier .let try to see the positive from this match, we can see the level of commitment of the players, the technical approached of the game, the interception of passes which had eluded the super eagles and the discipline on the field of play when last did super eagles able to hold on to a goal lead without conceding or even their opponent not coming from behind to beat them. The positive is Dre for us to see. Let support this team so that we can qualify for 2018 World Cup cos that one is the only thing that can remove the pains of missing out on two consecutive nations cup. Lastly we are criticising this team for scoring just a goal against Tanzania, well said, if all our matches in the 2015 and 2017 nations cup qualifiers played all ended 1:0, then we won't be talking like this and also our ranking in the FIFA wont be drastically dropped the way it is. So let pick the positive from this match .
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by LoveJesus87(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

hahahahahahahahhaahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha,

see your mouth

na your father you wan kill abi

you will obey your father's make time reach
ah! Ah dey pity walai grin u Neva know how far at all. E be like say u still dey last season...dreamland. Wake up gal, we have a very brilliant coach now and some of the VERY best midfielders and strikers in the world. If you think barca is going to stroll over this one, then you must really be hallucinating walai grin angry grin na dis time around u go know d meaning of football cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
LoveJesus87:
ah! Ah dey pity walai grin u Neva know how far at all. E be like say u still dey last season...dreamland. Wake up gal, we have a very brilliant coach now and some of the VERY best midfielders and strikers in the world. If you think barca is going to stroll over this one, then you must really be hallucinating walai grin angry grin na dis time around u go know d meaning of football cheesy

No worry my son

make your mummy tea and go and rest till that day
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by LoveJesus87(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

No worry my son

make your mummy tea and go and rest till that day
lolz. Oya mail me @ olatejumichael1987@gmail.com make I give u some football lessons dis place boring would be much more interesting der grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by beautiful232(f): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
LoveJesus87:
lolz. Oya mail me @ olatejumichael1987@gmail.com make I give u some football lessons dis place boring would be much more interesting der grin

lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by LoveJesus87(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
beautiful232:

lol
....make ah go check my email to see it...
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
khattab02:
Some people talk sef! Ordinary Tanzania we dey beat 1-0 ko? Football these days na about names and past glory ko??

For your information... Here are some results from Yesterday's other AFCON qualifiers....

Ivory Coast 1-1 Sierra Leone

imagine the reigning Afcon Champions Couldn't beat ''Ebola'' torn Sierra Leone at home. Sierra Leone are struggling to even organise a local league like the NPFL. They are planning to resort to non-league football according to bbc report.

Cape Verde 0-1 Libya ; Imagine war torn Libya defeating Cape Verde at home, this defeat could dent their qualification for the AFCON. I think Cape Verde are even ranked higher than Nigeria and Libya are ranked belowTanzania (I am not sure).

Ghana 1-1 Rwanda

The Ghanaians had a good game just like the Super Eagles. Created lots of chances but couldn't bury them. In the end they fell to a stunning free kick.

Angola 1-1 Madagascar

Angola playing at home had to come from behind to level the score.

If we had beat them 5-0 some will still say ordinary Tanzania. If they drew us same thing. No matter the result those that wants to criticize will still criticize.

Sometimes results and play doesn't go your way.

ok

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ikwechegh(m): 12:04am On Sep 05, 2016
so Nigeria won them don try
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ikwechegh(m): 12:06am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by jidal14: 3:15am On Sep 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala's House Warming Party For Her Parents In Lagos (Photos) / Picture Of Vincent Enyeama And Wife / Ronaldo Buys Expensive Bugatti To Mark Euro Win(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.