Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism (1012 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt / Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by naijatoday: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2009
The Ekiti State Government is to generate $1 billion (N150 billion) annually as revenue from the Ikogosi Warm Water Springs, when the project is completed, Gov. Segun Oni, has said.

The Ikogosi springs was identified as a tourist site about 21 years ago but was abandoned by previous administrations due to lack of funds.

Mr. Oni told newsmen in Ado Ekiti on Friday that toward realising this dream, the state government had commenced scouting for competent foreign investors to partner with.
He said the state government would equally develop other tourists centres in Ado-Ekiti, Efon Alaaye and Ipole-Iloro, among others, to boost the revenue profile of the state.
Back

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5466522-146/Ekiti_govt._to_generate_$1b_revenue.csp
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Beaf: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
There are a lot of beautiful places in Nigeria. We just don't see the value in tourism; for some countries like Kenya, it is a very major foreign exchange earner.
I wish Ekiti luck with this.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by edwin101: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2009
$1b dollars? thats the joke of the year. grin
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Beaf: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2009
$1 billion isn't impossible to achieve, if the will is there to develop the state around tourism.
That would mean, clearing away corruption, any undesirables, educating the people and doing things to international standards (eg dropping "African" time, providing 24/7 electricity, top notch IT / communications, modern banking, World class transport links etc).

If there is the will. . .
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by sjeezy8: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
lol hell noooooooooooooo
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by snowdrops(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2009
The same Ekiti govt. that tortures its citizens?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Chiddysville(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yeepa! I laugh in chinese. The gods must really be crazy in Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Chiddysville(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yeepa! I laugh in chinese. The gods must really be crazy in Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by bawomolo(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
it's a good thing states are trying to generate some revenue
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by OAM4J: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2009
Sorry is there an airport in Ekiti now? or which road will the Tourist use to access Ikogosi, Lagos-Benin-Ore road or Lagos - Ibadan-Ife road. The last time I went through those roads, they were horrible. I wonder which embassy will advice her citizens to ply these routes.

This should be the joke of the day. $1b. Big dream. grin grin
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by bilymuse: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
Yes oooooo, $1b through tourism!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every man dream dreams, but the must dangerous dreamer is the one that dream with his eyes open
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2009
If the govt could do this, that will be a pace setter for other states, for them to know that it is not only the oil money that can make them rich, i am sure money from tourism can finance a lot of project and make money available to run the govt.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by CyberG: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2009
Kudos to the posters who have raised very salient but important observations regarding this phony statement by the imbecilic governor strutting like a cock marked for slaughter speaking through his smelly ass! This sucker called governor is surely full of beans!

1 Billion dollars?? What objective yardstick was employed to arrive at such a figure which is only achievable in his tallest dreams?? How many tourists with their hard currency will visit the domain of this slowpoke after watching the torture video? Roads? Security? And more begging for answers and this fool talks about $1 Billion in revenue? He thinks everyone steals their way into riches?? Mother'effing Joker!
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by back2back(f): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2009
The Ekiti State Government is to generate $1 billion (N150 billion) annually as revenue from the Ikogosi Warm Water Springs, when the project is completed, Gov. Segun Oni, has said.

another CRAP!!!

where is the infrastructure to support tourism?

death trap roads?

trigger happy policemen?

constant darkness?

high tech armed robbers?

increasing kidnappers?

and finaly Yahooze boys + girls?

Most annoying when such statement are uttered!
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by naijatoday: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2009
back2back:

another CRAP!!!

death trap roads?

trigger happy policemen?

constant darkness?

high tech armed robbers?

increasing kidnappers?

Sometimes I wonder what Nigeria Journalist do. When someone makes such statement in front of you while answering questions, is not right for them to ask questions like, where is the infrastructure?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Ibime(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ topic,

I laugh in Ekiti.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by kuramo: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
This Governor clearly has delusion of grandeur.

It's wishful thinking on his part if he thinks Ekiti State can generate even $100,000 from tourism talk less of $1 billion., he needs to go back school and learn basic mathematics.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2010
Segun Oni has been smoking weed blended with pawpaw leaves!
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by KnowAll(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
[size=14pt]I think they can generate $1 billion dollars, if younger women allowed to protest in the nude as suppose to those old cargoes with drooping water melons.[/size]
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by hercules07: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2010
We need to start with internal tourism first, with the advent of this recession, those who were flying all over the world for holidays might be tempted to have their holidays internally, the important thing is to have it well packaged and at a reasonable price.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by desgiezd(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
I hope the governor has not started spending this $1b dollars sha! Perhaps in his dreams.
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by MaziUche0(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2010
Who would want to go to Ekiti?  grin

I'll rather go to Cross River State and find me a woman from Calabar!
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by desgiezd(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^ Are women part of the tourist attraction in Cross River?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by idupaul: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2010
What a joke . Let them deal with d violence first
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2010
back2back:

another CRAP!!!

death trap roads?

trigger happy policemen?

constant darkness?

high tech armed robbers?

increasing kidnappers?

Are you mistaking my state for Aba?

KnowAll:

[size=14pt]I think they can generate $1 billion dollars, if younger women allowed to protest in the unclothed as suppose to those old cargoes with drooping water melons.[/size]
Ashewo oshi undecided undecided

@post
Oni is a thief. Is this another way to steal money?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by MRMoneyE(m): 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Are you mistaking my state for Aba?

@post
Oni is a thief. Is this another way to steal money?

[size=16pt]ILEKE- IDI[/size],

[size=20pt]IS NOT  ONLY YOUR STATE OOOOO, I THINK THE GOVERNOR IS A CROOK, MAY BE FAYOSE CAN FLIP HIS WINGS SHA LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS  [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
MR Money £:

ILEKE- IDI,
[size=20pt]IS NOT ONLY YOUR STATE OOOOO, I THINK THE GOVERNOR IS A CROOK, MAY BE FAYOSE CAN FLIP HIS WINGS SHA LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Is there a reason why you oversized your post, I am not blind.

What do you mean by "Not only your State ooo"?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by OAM4J: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
BTW, this announcement is over a year old now.

have they completed the project?

how much has the Govt realized so far?
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
OAM4J:

BTW, this announcement is over a year old now.

have they completed the project?

how much has the Govt realized so far?

Thank you, this news was over a year ago, since October 2, 2009 02:17PM.

Anywaz. . . . sha
Re: Ekiti Govt. To Generate $1b Revenue From Tourism by MRMoneyE(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Is there a reason why you oversized your post, I am not blind.

What do you mean by "Not only your State ooo"?

[size=25pt]YOU MEAN THE CHARACTER I CHOSE TO USE IS MEANT FOR BLIND PEOPLE, EKITI BABE,
I GUESS YOU ARE NOT BLIND [/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dhl Ex Chairman Dies After Clash With Local Govt Chairman / Jos Crisis: 15 Disappear In Mysterious Circumstances - Breaking News! / Machete Attackers Kill Nigerian Priest's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.