Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends (660 Views)

I'm Attracted To White Ladies, But Don't Know How To Get One / I Expect Enough Bashing From The Ladies But I Go Still Talk Am / Sorry Ladies.... But 99% Of U Are Sex Objects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends by KingPharaoh(m): 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
This article is culled from: Daily Mail

Ladies, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you know that wonderful male friend who offers you a shoulder to cry on or company when you can’t get a date on a Saturday night?

The one you are absolutely certain has no sexual interest in you whatsoever? That man is a liar. That man is a cheat.

He is a con man guilty of friendship fraud. I know this because that man is me. And he’s every other man, too.

I’ve always fancied my female friends. At the age of ten, I fell in love with a girl called Pamela.

Too shy to tell her how I felt, we stayed friends right through the hormonal onslaught of adolescence. She blossomed into a great beauty; I blossomed into a chubby blob.

We’d get drunk together and she’d put her arms around me and say the words no man wants to hear: ‘You’re like a brother to me.’

When a woman says that to a man, what she is really saying is: ‘I would never go for somebody like you in a million years.’
This whole ‘I just want to be your friend’ thing doesn’t make much sense to men. We think that if you really like a man, if you really enjoy his company, his mind, his good manners, his humour and if you’re single, why wouldn’t you want to sleep with him?

The 1989 film When Harry Met Sally first raised the question of whether men and women can ever be just friends.

In the movie, Harry, played by Billy Crystal, was adamant that it wasn’t possible because the issue of sex always got in the way. Sally, played by Meg Ryan, disagreed. This week, science has declared that Harry was right all along.

In a survey by the University of Wisconsin, 88 sets of young male and female friends were asked to rate their attraction to each other in a confidential questionnaire.

It found that men — whether attached or single — were more likely to be attracted to their female friends and want to go on a date with them than the other way around.

Put simply, it means that given half a chance, most men would jump at the opportunity of having sex with their female friends. And yet, despite what these and other researchers have discovered over the past two decades, many women still believe a man can carry on a friendship with a woman, free from any thought of hanky panky.

I know sophisticated and worldly women — married and single — who will say of their male friends: ‘Oh, he never thinks of me in that way.’ How naive they are!

It would be wonderful if men could be friends with a woman without ever imagining what it would be like to sleep with them. But then we wouldn’t be men.

They say that men think about sex every seven seconds. While this may be an exaggeration, we certainly think about our female friends in ways that would make them blush.

As far as guys are concerned, friendship is merely an aphrodisiac. A man can meet a woman who is not, at first glance, that attractive or his type. But as time passes and he gets to know how funny and smart and fun she is, that woman becomes very sexy indeed — and men don’t mind the long game, like I did with Pamela.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends by omoplaycool(m): 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
Speak for yourself

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends by handysuzy(f): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
It IS creepy to be friends in the hope that one day your hidden desires will be realised. Some men seem to think that if they are good enough friends, keep paying in kindness, sex will be given - then get upset when rejected. Women are not sex-dispensing machines, we are people with brains and hate to be lied to. Either be a friend without those secret thoughts (as many men are) or be clear about your intentions like an adult.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends by saasala(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Friendship for where? Except the lady involved is not attractive, even at that I wouldnt want to be friends with a not-so-good-looking lady. I have had girls tell me, "Lets just be friends" And I am like, Nope, we are either Fvcking or we are dating(Even the date na lie, na to just still enter am)

It cant work mehn.
Re: Sorry, Ladies - But We Men Can NEVER Just Be Your Friends by faffing: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
handysuzy:
It IS creepy to be friends in the hope that one day your hidden desires will be realised. Some men seem to think that if they are good enough friends, keep paying in kindness, sex will be given - then get upset when rejected. Women are not sex-dispensing machines, we are people with brains and hate to be lied to. Either be a friend without those secret thoughts (as many men are) or be clear about your intentions like an adult.
Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Difference Between Being Happy And Just Being Comfortable / Why Sex In The Afternoon Is Loved By Most Women / When Everybody Is Allowed To Marry Who He Or She Wishes,not Minding The Num!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.