Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari (9836 Views)

House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States / Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG Charges B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by elose: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
ABUJA – The Bring Back Our Girls BBOG movement has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to seize the initiative in rescuing the 218 abducted Chibok school girls rather than granting unnecessary powers to the abductors, the Boko Haram sect, by asking them to determine the rescue options.

The movement stated this Tuesday in Abuja during another failed attempt to march on the presidential villa. It said 869 days since the abduction, no evidence of persuasive, deliberate and result- targeted action has been conveyed by the president. President Buhari had on the side-lines of the sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) recently held in Nairobi, Kenya suggested a willingness to swap the girls with Boko Haram fighters preferring that the terrorists engaged an international Non-Governmental Organization in the intermediation process if they so wish.
"If they (the terrorists) do not want to talk to us directly, let them pick an internationally recognized Non-Governmental Organization, convince them that they are holding the girls and that they want Nigeria to release a number of Boko Haram leaders in detention, which they are supposed to know”, Mr Buhari had stated.

However, the BBOG said it was at a loss as to why terrorists have to determine the process for rescue. It lamented the current situation whereby it appears the president now heavily relies on media reports to gather intelligence about the terrorists.

In the address, jointly signed by its leaders, Oby Ezekwesili and Aisha Yesufu, BBOG said; “We fail to understand why our Federal Government is giving so much powers to determine process and first mover actions to the terrorists. We have always maintained that the President has the powers to assemble all relevant intelligence assets required for determining the best action in terms of lowest risk option. Many countries with superior capabilities have indicated willingness to help our Government gather security and intelligence assets on this and other related North East challenges. We were therefore extremely shocked to read Mr. President state, that ‘some of the information about the division in Boko Haram is already in the press and I have read it in the papers about the conflict in their leadership’.

Are we right to conclude from that statement that our President merely relies on newspaper reports like the rest of the Nigerian public for information on such an important and monumental tragedy? This is a grave basis for concern to our movement. “So, while we welcome the statement, we counter that it sounds too tentative and lacking of the conviction, decisiveness, strong ownership, and urgent actions required to #BringBackOurGirls. This tragedy must no longer be allowed to linger any further! It is time to act with the fiercest urgency and the authority that must lead this action is our President, Commander – in-Chief – of-the-Armed-Forces”.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/chibok-girls-swapping-stop-giving-much-powers-terrorists-bbog-charges-buhari/

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by dulaman: 8:44am On Aug 31, 2016
Does that mean they dont want the girls to be back?
Ohh i get it. If the girls are back that will be the end of the group

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by edlion57(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2016
This woman no get shame......used and dumped...she doesn't Knw the meaning of APC

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by jolak5(m): 8:45am On Aug 31, 2016
you should never negotiate with terrorists, they just grow more wings if you do.

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by redcliff: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2016
Confused group you want the girls released by all means necessary then you dont want them to exchange prisoners so you can have ur girls back... someone should please tell me the logic i am not understanding!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by emmasege: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
b
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by MadCow1: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
F.G don suffer...

I dont want to be President until we either find these Girls (Real or not) or verify they are all dead..

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Lordave: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
How do you expect the Grand Patron of Boko Haram terrorists to stop dishing out morale support to his dear group?

The set that brought him to this political limelight?

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
The girls women don't want to come back.....they're now happily married.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by 9jatatafo(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
Who is deceiving who?
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by NameChecker: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
MadCow1:
F.G don suffer...
I dont want to be President until we either find these Girls (Real or not) or verify they are all dead..

Which President? NFF, Nairaland or NCAN?

8 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Forzap: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
Dis BBOG sef undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Akinz0126(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2016
While Nigerians are busy toiling t survive the scammer above me is back again with is fraudulent act na thunder go fire you if you know Repent and turn me new live.

Back to bring back our girls saga This girls probably turns monsters already.The better you 4get about this girls the better for Us all.

Have you blame buhari today?
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by princedmiayer(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2016
you see the want to use this oppurtunity to make their members to trust them more. since d boko haram leadership is now 2 diffrent fraction. dem de play kalo kalo wt 9ja.
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Jay542(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2016
When there's pressure on bringing the girls than the terrorists. Nigerians can confuse person ehn. angry
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Progressive01(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2016
Na wa oo. I don't envy the president at all.
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2016
redcliff:
Confused group you want the girls released by all means necessary then you dont want them to exchange prisoners so you can have ur girls back... someone should please tell me the logic i am not understanding!
It's obvious you didn't read the post. Where have they said that prisoners should not be exchanged for the girls?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by hassymo5(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2016
the BBOG what do u women want...

Everyday bring back our Girls.. now that the FG wants to bring them back You are now complaining

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Progressive01(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2016
MadCow1:
F.G don suffer...

As in ehn!! What exactly do they really want?? Hain!! Na wa oo!
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Dbeze: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2016
Oby, do u want to tell me that those apc didn't tell u that they stage managed the kidnapp of those girls, so to frustrate GEJ? Now u are lookin for non existing kidnapped children. U of all pple, was shamelessly used, ur brain ws stupidly used, nd now they Hv givin appointment to one of their own, u are stl sitting on the floor talkn trash. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Lnxxxxx(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2016
I don't understand these people, they need to define what they want. Now they don't just want their family members back, they want to determine how they are freed?

If I was one of them, I really don't care about the means, all I really want is my loved ones back, after that I can start making other demands (punishment for the terrorists).

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Slimdear(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
To be honest, am nt so sure if oby wud av continued this protests if she had gotten her share of the cherry.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Topam: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Buhari go fight dem.

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Jacks14: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
How do want F.G to bring back the girls? By fire? undecidedHow do want F.G to bring back the girls? By fire?
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Phiniter(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
What's more Baffling is the way one little known Aisha Yusufu is stringing Madam Obiageli Upandan, A whole Madam. I use to wonder if its the same Ezekwesili of yonder years who was a prominent figure in Nigeria abi this na clone replica without the brain...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Enrichlee(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Seriously, I'm not understanding Someone smarter please explain
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by zeemladen(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
the Presidency is requesting a swap which is the safest for the girls and which is due to more pressure from #BBOG. now, to what purpose is this accusation of giving preference to the terrorist in determining the freedom of the girls.
Be consistent with your challenges.
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by emamos: 8:56am On Aug 31, 2016
God have mercy.
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by juniorjoe(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2016
Nigeria- we negotiate with terrorists
America-we dont negotiate with terrorists cool ___
Nigeria- we negotiate with terrorists
America-we dont negotiate with terrorists
Re: Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=Lordave post=48945665]How do you expect the Grand Patron of Boko Haram terrorists to stop dishing out morale support to his dear group?

The set that brought him to this political limelight?
[****They brought him there yet he cleared them off. The feat your assuming hero couldn't achieved were he to be given another decade to rule. You will never say anything good about Jerusalem or Nazareth. You are made for bad news!]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Appeals To Supreme Court To Give Accelerated Hearing To VAT Case / ........... / Tinubu Urges Fashola To Sack Striking Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.