Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill (38569 Views)

Herd Of Cattle Spotted On Ikorodu Road (Photo) / Fayose Takes Father Christmas To The Streets Of Ado Ekiti (Pics) / Fayose's Anti-china Loan: Odigie-oyegun & Oni React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by oatzeal(m): 1:58am On Aug 31, 2016
Herdsmen Anti - Grazing Bill : Fayose is just noise maker, Cattle spotted on the street of Ado Ekiti Today,

That s the signboard of Fabian Hotel, beside poly satellite campus, NTA - House of Assembly Road , Ado Ekiti

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC6MBBCi4VU

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by oatzeal(m): 1:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Grazing around House of Assembly, Bill ko, Bail ni

Watch directly on youtube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC6MBBCi4VU

9 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Kwamecron(m): 3:14am On Aug 31, 2016
Most of the hersman are illitrate and the dont listen to new... Nobody to really info dem

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 31, 2016
In my opinion, Fayose was wrong to enact such laws in the first place. The fulanis have the right to live and work in ekiti just like every other Nigerian. Why ban their business of cattle rearing when they have no other means? Why criminalize the fulanis as if all fulanis are killers? There are bad eggs amongst every tribe, why do we make it look like violence is exclusive to northerners only. The people we should frown at are cattle rustlers who steals cattle from fulanis and use them as disguise for their evil deeds. The fulanis are peaceful people who go about their business in peace and we all know they control their herds of cattle with mere sticks. Even though we call them primitive, how many southerner can rear cattle for national consumption like the fulanis? Without them how do we see beef to consume? The rustlers are armed terrorist escaping from the north east to the south. What fayose should have done is to forbid any herdsmen from moving around with weapons, not banning cattle rearing completely. If all states cooperated with the FG on creation of grazing reserves throughout the country, there will not be a single cattle left on the streets looking for grass. Instead we chastised president Buhari's brilliant policy in the name of islamization. The ripple effects are the incessant attacks by the rustlers. The grazing bill remains the best and safest option. Not unnecessary bans sad

132 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by aresa: 3:32am On Aug 31, 2016
House of assembly road? The same house of assebly wey pass the anti grazing rubbish..

Ekiti daily comedy... grin

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by modath(f): 3:39am On Aug 31, 2016
Kwamecron:
Most of the hersman are illitrate and the dont listen to new... Nobody to really info dem

Fayose is all fluff no stuff, he grandstands even with no legal leg to stand on... Even if someone does , the constitution of Nigeria trumps any state law which he is only pushing to bait the Fulani man in power & Fayose knows it but is banking on the fact that majority of his followers are not very intelligent so won't delve deep.

The constitution gives EVERYONE unfettered access to any part of the country, it's not right but it's the LAW..

I personally detest the unwholesome, unsanitary and unprogressive mode of wakaing with maalu, but i know it can only be stopped by federal legislation....

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by kenny987(f): 3:40am On Aug 31, 2016
The state government needs to properly educate n inform all residents and affected persons in languages they understand. There needs to be a time window for sensitisation and compliance before implementation of punitive measures for any breach of the law.

I hope every necessary resource is deployed to curb the excesses of the marauding herdsmen. Even the presence n movement of their herds within residential areas is an eyesore and that in itself is enough offence!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by egift(m): 3:41am On Aug 31, 2016
When kpomo and beaf starts getting scarce in Ekiti State, they will beg that the whole state be turnes to a grazing land.

Instead of Fayose to establish a large modern Ranch in Ekiti and show how it is done, he is busy mocking his state.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by aribisala0(m): 3:44am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

Fayose is all fluff no stuff, he grandstands even with no legal leg to stand on... Even if someone does , the constitution of Nigeria trumps any state law which he is only pushing to bait the Fulani man in power & Fayose knows it but is banking on the fact that majority of his followers are not very intelligent so won't delve deep.

The constitution gives EVERYONE unfettered access to any part of the country, it's not right but it's the LAW..

I personally detest the unwholesome, unsanitary and unprogressive mode of wakaing with maalu, but i know it can only be stopped by federal legislation....

Please show where the constitution gives UNFETTERED access to ANY part of the country.

Chapter and verse please.
Also what is the basis for it " can only be stopped by FEDERAL legislation" Where do you get that from?

How is it different from legislation banning okadas in Lagos which by the way was unsuccessfully challenged. Do not okada riders have unfettered access?

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by kenny987(f): 3:52am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

Yo Mo! Unfettered access isn't really what u seem to think it is. One person's access should not constitute a nuisance to another and while the Constitution says Nigerians can settle anywhere and operate businesses, that movement n business can and should be regulated. That is where the power of a Governor comes in.

The law does not contravene d Constitution, it rather applies constitutional provisions within d peculiarities of a particular state. The law does not forbid herdsmen from herding their cattle but it is designed to contain them within specified areas or for transportation to other areas, the cattle must then be boarded up n ferried in trailers. If u run with unfettered access d way u seem to understand it, then it means state governments have since run afoul of this same constitutional provision by restricting commercial motorcycle operations/okadas or in the most recent case of Lagos state, banning street hawking. I'm certain u don't mean that.

The challenge to implementing these laws will be d fact that we have only a federal police n not state. The police n security agencies that should implement these laws operate only on d final order of d FG which may never come.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by modath(f): 3:59am On Aug 31, 2016
aribisala0:

Please show where the constitution gives UNFETTERED access to ANY part of the country.

Chapter and verse please.
Also what is the basis for it " can only be stopped by FEDERAL legislation" Where do you get that from?

How is it different from legislation banning okadas in Lagos which by the way was unsuccessfully challenged. Do not okada riders have unfettered access?

That you ask me to show you where freedom of movement for all Nigerians exists is enough for me not to even bother, you are intent on being disagreeable and i will not go down that path..

Keep citing Okada you hear, & remember to show the part where okada as a mode of public transportation exists... Dispatch riders, courier coys and private owners still ride their bikes unchecked...

Don't speak oyinbo here, go on the streets of Ilogbo ekiti, aiyedun ekiti, ijelu, ikere aiye etc and help Fayose arrest any maalu wanderer you see..... Then we'll know if Fayose is serious or putting up a show.

The fact that i detest something does not stop me from realizing my inability to stop it...If it were possible, I'm wondering why other states haven't implemented it.. sad

*mic drop*

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by modath(f): 4:20am On Aug 31, 2016
kenny987:

Yo Mo! Unfettered access isn't really what u seem to think it is. One person's access should not constitute a nuisance to another and while the Constitution says Nigerians can settle anywhere and operate businesses, that movement n business can and should be regulated. That is where the power of a Governor comes in.

While i totally align with your point about the invisible line of demarcation between protecting one's right and infringing on another's, i know what the Law says and the interpretation that will be given to it..

Of course the governor's responsibility is regulation but it must still be in tandem with the laws of the nation.. Fayose can not unilaterally make laws that is not in consonance with national & regional tenets.

There are operational guidelines for each business model but this issue on ground isn't the norm...

The law does not contravene d Constitution, it rather applies constitutional provisions within d peculiarities of a particular state. The law does not forbid herdsmen from herding their cattle but it is designed to contain them within specified areas or for transportation to other areas, the cattle must then be boarded up n ferried in trailers. If u run with unfettered access d way u seem to understand it, then it means state governments have since run afoul of this same constitutional provision by restricting commercial motorcycle operations/okadas or in the most recent case of Lagos state, banning street hawking. I'm certain u don't mean that.

Commercial motorcycle have only been banned on highways (i know your next line of argument smiley) for safety reasons (fatality, grave injuries and robbery+assault) , but inner streets still have them boku...

I do not (i keep repeating this) like this act but i know it can't be stopped expect the government chooses to encourage the herders to embrace global best practices of enclosures (even in free ranging) but we know how most of them react when the subject comes up..

The challenge to implementing these laws will be d fact that we have only a federal police n not state. The police n security agencies that should implement these laws operate only on d final order of d FG which may never come.

You've nailed it.. No need speak further... We do not run independent states in Nigeria, why then is Fayose trying to pull the wool over people's eyes? He has no mini kingdom bros..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:23am On Aug 31, 2016
Kwamecron:
Don't be surprised to know that an average Fulani man is more conversant with what happens across the globe than you. There is no Hausa/Fulani man that doesn't have a transistor radio. BBC Hausa Service, which they listen to most must have relayed the news of the signing of the anti-grazing bill.

24 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Flexherbal(m): 4:35am On Aug 31, 2016
Are they dearing him?

1 Like

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by modath(f): 4:39am On Aug 31, 2016
Flexherbal:
Are they dearing him?

No, they are "loving" him.. smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by disloman(m): 4:45am On Aug 31, 2016
aresa:
House of assembly road? The same house of assebly wey pass the anti grazing rubbish..

Ekiti daily comedy... grin
Don't expect you to stoop so low.When was the bill signed into law and when was this video recorded?This bill is a welcome development which needs to be encouraged.Fayose!Nice one.

13 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by egift(m): 4:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Flexherbal:
Are they dearing him?

They are showing him the kpomo. Don't be surprise if those cows are owned by rich/business men in Ekiti.

4 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by disloman(m): 4:47am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

No, they are "loving" him.. smiley
Don't blame baba.He's a traditionalist.
Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Flexherbal(m): 4:59am On Aug 31, 2016
egift:

They are showing him the kpomo. Don't be surprise if those cows are owned by rich/business men in Ekiti.
You might be right.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:01am On Aug 31, 2016
disloman:
Don't expect you to stoop so low.When was the bill signed into law and when was this video recorded?This bill is a welcome development which needs to be encouraged.Fayose!Nice one.
What is the essence of signing a bill into law when you can't apprehend defaulters? Fayose acts before he thinks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by disloman(m): 5:04am On Aug 31, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

What is the essence of signing a bill into law when you can't apprehend defaulters? Fayose acts before he thinks.
Seems you didn't understand my point.Read my comment again and see what I'm pointing out.Was the video recorded yesterday?

3 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by DamiBukola: 5:05am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

**** imagine you the way u r interpreting the constitution wrongly. Please refer me to the section of the constitution that Fayose violated and who is the judge who gave that pronouncement about his violation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:15am On Aug 31, 2016
disloman:
Seems you didn't understand my point.Read my comment again and see what I'm pointing out.Was the video recorded yesterday?
Tell us when it was.
Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by kenny987(f): 5:22am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

While i totally align with your point about the invisible line of demarcation between protecting one's right and infringing on another's, i know what the Law says and the interpretation that will be given to it..

You've nailed it.. No need speak further... We do not run independent states in Nigeria, why then is Fayose trying to pull the wool over people's eyes? He has no mini kingdom bros..

Sis.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Abeymills(m): 5:26am On Aug 31, 2016
Zombies but I ask there is legal legs 4 d useless herdsmen 2 kill destroy rape abi?fayose I trust u sir unlike d Daura President u knw wat 2do trust ekiti pipu

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Abeymills(m): 5:30am On Aug 31, 2016
Gov fayose has d legal mandate 2 protect provide 4 d pipu of ekiti state ekiti had been attacked by dis useles wicked herdsmen b4 a stitch in time so it's only zombies hypocrites n supporters of herdsmen dat will oppose dis great moves by fayose

3 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by disloman(m): 5:31am On Aug 31, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Tell us when it was.
Can't say but that is not a new video.
Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by babyfaceafrica: 5:33am On Aug 31, 2016
Lolz....the kpomo cutter
Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by blackpanda: 5:33am On Aug 31, 2016
When I told some morons that that law was futile and useless they kept arguing, simply because fayose is anti-buhari. Some people are just plain dumb! Oya why not start arresting the herdsmen and their cattle na. Lets see where u will put them. Dundees!

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Adiola(f): 5:36am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

I have been following your cHat on this forum for some time and I have my doubt if you are a girl even a mother ,we all advocate to make nigeria look like weStern europe ,the USa and other advance nations but we don't want to act or reason like Them ....because its the person of fayose and not ambode or any apc governor you had to sell your conscience to spill this trash, indirectly suporting the movement of cows and intelligently slipping Federal legislation so that some dumb ones won't see your antics modath change

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by aribisala0(m): 5:47am On Aug 31, 2016
modath:

That you ask me to show you where freedom of movement for all Nigerians exists is enough for me not to even bother, you are intent on being disagreeable and i will not go down that part..

Keep citing Okada you hear, & remember to show the part where okada as a mode of public transportation exists... Dispatch riders, courier coys and private owners still ride their bikes unchecked...

Don't speak oyinbo here, go on the streets of Ilogbo ekiti, aiyedun ekiti, ijelu, ikere aiye etc and help Fayose arrest any maalu wanderer you see..... Then we'll know if Fayose is serious or putting up a show.

The fact that i detest something does not stop me from realizing my inability to stop it...If it were possible, I'm wondering why other states haven't implemented it.. sad

*mic drop*

That is not what I asked you . YOU said UNFETTERED . YOUR words!! Freedom and UNFETTERED freedom are very different concepts. If you make an argument be prepared to back up. This has absolutely nothing to do with detesting. If any activity can cause social problems government has the right to REGULATE. People have a right to drive if they get a licence. It is not an unfettered right. People have a right to drive if they obey traffic regulations.

The same applies to movement there is freedom of movement but it is not unfettered. Government has a right to regulate it.
People have a right to sell food but in some cases government says you must get NAFDAC approval. SO regulation is everywhere
The funny thing here is we are not talking about people we are talking about animals. government has the power to regulate how animals are transported. too . Regulation is the fundamental power of government to FETTER rights. The real issue is whether the fetters comply with the constitution. An entirely different argument. But your fundamental assertion of UNFETTERED rights is bunkum

You are the one that started speaking oyinbo and at the first challenge you resort to bluff and bluster.

No rights are unfettered because all rights conflict with other rights and governance is about balance.Yes you have the right to swing your arms but that right stops at my nose. It is not unfettered
Once again I ask where do you get this claim that ONLY FEDERAL legislation can change it. You made the claim.Where is your evidence
Whether it is possible or not again is a different argument from the argument of constitution and rights that you started with so choose one argument and stick to it

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cattle Spotted On The Street Of Ado-Ekiti Despite Fayose's Anti-Grazing Bill by Progressive01(m): 6:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Kwamecron:
But in law, ignorance is no defence.

modath:

Another thing is, those who form the bulk of his supporters are taking such extreme measure in their own domains! Last time, we heard even their "best performer" gave the herdsmen some financial compensation for loss of cattle!!

They keep pushing people to their own unfortunate end and would never do same to themselves. They applauded Kanu until he wound up where he currently is.

They applauded scAvengers until the mofos ate a million dozen humble pies at the feet of mr President!! They applaud FFK and Fayose but you never hear any of their governors as much as slightly criticising the federal government, let alone insult her as the aforementioned do.

What a people.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Candidate For House Of Representatives And Lagos House Of Assembly Winners / 2019: Atiku Is Coming; Rivers Is Getting Ready - Wike Shares Photos / The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.