Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos (28314 Views)

"Female In Nigeria" Facebook Group Founder Meets Mark Zuckerberg In USA (Photo) / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of Him Running Around The World Including Lagos. / Mark Zuckerberg Meets With Nigerian Developers - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by crackhouse(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
chemicalDisease:
IS HE SHARING MONEY.
IS HE AWARE THAT WE HAVE A DULLARD A A PRESIDENT.
he's aware.
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
ok
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by geraldgiz(m): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
handysuzy:
It was a very interesting seminar. I watched live on Facebook. I learnt a lot. Except that Mark really did not dwell much on the issue of Naira to dollar rate raised by one of the participants. We still pay for FB Ads at 400/$ niyen.
i thought Nigerians can now pay in naira?
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by kgr8mike(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
This Mark came with the people in mind. He is not an Aso-Rock person. That's very good.
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
RoyalMail:

Uche Pedro that was there doesn't have access to live stream abi? The truth must be told, its time for Seun to start mingling with his folks, been a programmer doesn't mean you have to be isolated, don't sit at Ota and rearing dogs and discussing atheist..

I hope you listen to my advice... Change!!!
To have over 1.6m members isn't a joke. No blogger, IT Tech. or Programmer in the whole of Africa has achieved this feat and at Seun's age. For American Embassy and other notable organisations to have owned a thread here on NL, is enough to prove seun's mettle. This guy travels all over the world purely for business and does not need to tell everybody of his plans. I just like him , for his innovative ideas. Mark needs seun more than seun needs him because whether you like it or not, Nigeria is the next IT destination....why did you think Mark thought of coming to Lagos secretely ahead of Jo'burg? He knows after India in the IT world and middle-income econimies, it's Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by flatheadedbigot: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
chemicalDisease:
IS HE SHARING MONEY.
IS HE AWARE THAT WE HAVE A DULLARD A A PRESIDENT.
this evil we call chemicaldisease, what does PMB got to do with this? please go back to your Biafra or go to Indonesia go carry drug and make quick money.Very wicked soul.
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by flatheadedbigot: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
truthspeaks:
Hope he leaves 9ja frm Lagos n not bother abt going to meet d president so dat he is not infected wit buhari's dullardiosis. Nice 1 Mark
what does PMB got to do with this? please go back to your Biafra or go to Indonesia go carry drug and make quick money.Very wicked soul.
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
kingofthejungle:
I fit do hello world why e nr invite me

grin grin grin
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by Coldfeets: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
RoyalMail:

Uche Pedro that was there doesn't have access to live stream abi? The truth must be told, its time for Seun to start mingling with his folks, been a programmer doesn't mean you have to be isolated, don't sit at Ota and rearing dogs and discussing atheist..

I hope you listen to my advice... Change!!!

I don't know why it's so hard for so many people like you to just mind your own business.

Why must you keep on trying to redefine another person's life?

If you so much like to share Mark's presence, then what stops you from becoming a programmer yourself and hopefully getting an invite someday?

If I may ask you, can you exactly tell me what Seun stands to gain by going there and 'mingling' with his fellow programmers like you are suggesting?

I'm not saying those who want to go to see Mark shouldn't but frankly speaking, you making it sound like it's imperative that Seun should be there sounds quite odd to me.

Can you imagine? You are even telling him what you think he should be doing with his own time!!!

Anyway sha, I know you mean well for him but the thing is, people should try as much as possible to put themselves in the other person's position before criticizing or reaching a conclusion.

I don't know for sure but I have this feeling Seun is hit with the extreme case of introversion and for you to pull an introvert out of his comfort zone is like taking fish out of the water.

How long do you think the fish is going to last?

I am an introvert myself so I think I know what I'm saying.

Believe me, when you tell someone like Seun he should go and see Mark, his most probable response will be: to what end?

My point is: we all don't want the same thing.

While some of us cherish fame so much and will do anything possible to be so famous, rub shoulders with the high and mighty, shake the hands of presidents and grab all the attention from fans and all that; some of us don't even want to have anything to do with being famous at all.

You may not understand this concept very well, but then again it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by chemicalDisease: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
flatheadedbigot:

this evil we call chemicaldisease, what does PMB got to do with this? please go back to your Biafra or go to Indonesia go carry drug and make quick money.Very wicked soul.
haha
en pain am!
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by Peterwins(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
ericeben:
I wish I was in Lagos I wld hv needed him to help enhance my project to international standard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHhALGz3Ro0

You need not wish to be in Lagos. Visit https://andela.com/ if you feel you have got innovative tech skills. He paid a visit to the Lagos office of the company he partly funds, Andela (Google also funds this company).

Andela recruits from the top 1% of untapped tech talent from the world. You may just be one of those top 1% they are seeking to match with top tech firms such as Microsoft, IBM, 6sense, Payoff, etc.

Let me inspire you a bit. If you get recruited by them, you will be flown to the HQ of the firm they match you with for two weeks to connect with the culture of the company. So hit the ground running......................and see yourself flying to silicon valley.

1 Like

Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by GEOyurmie(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Francon:
An average person will dress all corporate until you realize that they work for those Ogas with casual wear. lipsrsealed

Mark well done. Your attitude is worth emulating.

he wears what he is comfortable with, if some1 else prefer suit let them wear it......your employer shouldn't determine what you wear......be yourself, don't do thinks cause of some1
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by Francon(f): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
GEOyurmie:

he wears what he is comfortable with, if some1 else prefer suit let them wear it......your employer shouldn't determine what you wear......be yourself, don't do thinks cause of some1

Give the advice to a corporate worker (E.g Banker)
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by ericeben: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
Peterwins:

You need not wish to be in Lagos. Visit https://andela.com/ if you feel you have got innovative tech skills. He paid a visit to the Lagos office of the company he partly funds, Andela (Google also funds this company).

Andela recruits from the top 1% of untapped tech talent from the world. You may just be one of those top 1% they are seeking to match with top tech firms such as Microsoft, IBM, 6sense, Payoff, etc.

Let me inspire you a bit. If you get recruited by them, you will be flown to the HQ of the firm they match you with for two weeks to connect with the culture of the company. So hit the ground running......................and see yourself flying to silicon valley.

10nx Boss I'm following up rgt nw with d registration..
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by faceland: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Some people don't know the difference between programmers and owners of website/blogs.
Re: Zuckerberg Meets With Developers And Entrepreneurs In Lagos by chidaddy1198(m): 11:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
drone in d sky monitoring my man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Rss News Feeds / It Cost Facebook $22 Million To Keep Mark Zuckerberg Safe Last Year / Somtoo Okoye Buys N3m Lexus ES330 For His Mother, Puts Her On Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.