Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (31158 Views)

Your Ancestors Aren't Proud Of You If You're Fond Of Doing Any Of These 5 Things / 7 Funny But Annoying Questions Nigerians Are Fond Of Asking / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Burgerlomo: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
10. Following internet trends without proper thought Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.

grin grin I wonder ooo
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kingreign(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
2. [s]Buying “foreign made” items because they’re “better”Nigerian have this absurd mentality that anything not made in Nigeria is better, regardless of how expensive it is. Made in Naija goods are awesome, we should look inwards for solutions. If you think made in Naija is inferior, you’ve probably never seen an Innoson vehicle.[/s]
You wan claim say In no son better pass Mercedes or Toyota? Motor wey never conduct any crash test? The chinko people wey dey do their own ordinary 40mp/h crash test dey fold their motor like toilet tissue paper?
Mr Iamsparrow abeg just Negudu!

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by damola311: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Most dumb and foolish thread I've read this year
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Neddstark: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
6. Running when everyone is running without asking why Nigerians are fond of doing this. Ask any group of Nigerians running why they’re doing so; you’d find that 80% are unaware of the reason for the mad dash. They only joined in just in case.

Next time there is pandemonium and people are running, forcefully stop people to ask them why they are running. grin grin
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by hefelove(m): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nigeria only Vote for the party with the best slogan
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by dayleke: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Lol...........
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by lucasnas(m): 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
blessedvisky:
Booked

Abeg sale this space for me na angry angry
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Christafarian(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
7. Spending hours/days in Church premises. Nigerians are prepared to forgo earning a living just to spend days in a religious place of worship. You find that churches and mosques draw more people than social events that would benefit everyone.
In other words, you are ok if we spend the whole day on internet, or better still, Beer Parlours/ Clubs et al, right?
Issorait, kontinu your atheismation.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by PROVERBZ(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
10. Following internet trends without proper thought Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.
which Nigerian have you seen celebrating 4 of July abi if u which a us citizens well u DON join de celebrate be dat

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Modsenemy(f): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
Is it only me that finds this thread uninteresting and boring
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by CoCoLav(f): 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
I belong to the group that runs as soon as others start running. I am not interested in waiting to see what is chasing anybody.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Christafarian(m): 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
chuose:
ggg
Good, Great and Giving.

Fan of Nicki Minaj?
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Ghost447(m): 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
2. Buying “foreign made” items because they’re “better”Nigerian have this absurd mentality that anything not made in Nigeria is better, regardless of how expensive it is. Made in Naija goods are awesome, we should look inwards for solutions. If you think made in Naija is inferior, you’ve probably never seen an Innoson vehicle.
All of you blindly shouting "buy made in Nigeria" goods, how many things are even manufactured in Nigeria? Are the few ones manufactured here of good quality? I bought made in Nigeria sandals some time ago and it scattered within a month. Is your phone made here? What about your shoes, watches, etc. Let's stop deceiving ourselves, if there is any good product made in Nigeria, people will certainly buy it without hesitation.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by femi4: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
7. Spending hours/days in Church premises. Nigerians are prepared to forgo earning a living just to spend days in a religious place of worship. You find that churches and mosques draw more people than social events that would benefit everyone.
How many people can afford the social events?
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by hospitality9ja: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
9. Forming a fake accent after a two-week vacation abroad. Nigerians will spend a short holiday in UK/US and come back with a new accent, eating habit and even a different way of dressing. It’s gotten so bad that some Nigerians pick up new accents at the various international airports.

A friend of mine traveled to China for 2 months, when he came back, dude started saying Mehn, wasup and other gibberish he called accent. Abeg them dey talk mehnnn for China??

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Allina: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
4. “Copycatism” .The spirit of “copycatism” is strong in Nigeria. When the popular blogger, Linda Ikeji unveiled a multi-million naira mansion, thousands of Nigerian youths decided they had a “forgotten” writing ability and wanted to become bloggers.The same thing happened in several industries like music, movies, beauty and makeup etc.
No be one person dey start something? I see something you do,I admire you and follow you ,is it a crime?

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Allina: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
and who told you we don't benefit from going to church? if you aren't religious,keep shut because you don't know how great the benefits of being religious are
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Reeberry: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
What's all these rubbish I'm seeing?

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by redcliff: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
4. “Copycatism” .The spirit of “copycatism” is strong in Nigeria. When the popular blogger, Linda Ikeji unveiled a multi-million naira mansion, thousands of Nigerian youths decided they had a “forgotten” writing ability and wanted to become bloggers.The same thing happened in several industries like music, movies, beauty and makeup etc.

Pure water business and ankara shoe and bag business
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
Like all human beings, Nigerians have faults.Many of our faults are laughable,others are not. Nigerians really take the cream when it comes to doing dumb things.While I’m always proudly Naija, sometimes we have to face the truth. Here are some silly things Nigerians do:

1. Turning into keyboard warriors when someone expresses a negative opinion about Nigeria.This is so common. No one on social media can express any negative views about Nigeria without many Nigerians turning into keyboard warriors and attacking such a person.People should be free to have their opinions whether you agreewith them or not. Let’s stop bullying non-Nigerians on socialmedia.

And yet, Nigerians are themselves always expressing negative comments about Nigeria to their foreign audience, whenever they travel to other countries. If it is not armed robbery, they will bewail 'NEPA', or complain about Nigerian corruption or just gawk and compare the 'greatness' of their host country with Nigeria's lack of 'nice' things. Nigerians talk about little more than their dirty laundry when abroad. Such people should be stripped of their citizenship and made to live inside one bush. Annoying.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by jflexy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Abeg OP, when u see everyone dey run for ur sleep, remain der dey ask dem wetin happen, u go stand till if no be bullet hit u, na matches go hit u grin

Me I go run finish before I ask wetin happen

Safety first...
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by NairaMaster1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Trash

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by mhizAnnie(f): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
2. Buying “foreign made” items because they’re “better”Nigerian have this absurd mentality that anything not made in Nigeria is better, regardless of how expensive it is. Made in Naija goods are awesome, we should look inwards for solutions. If you think made in Naija is inferior, you’ve probably never seen an Innoson vehicle.

I saw one innoson car parked in front of my church and I told my kid sister, "this car is made in Nigeria and she said it won't last" I weak ehn grin
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Flashh: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
This (op) is a typical idíot to have called these "dumb".

So buying foreign products now means dumb? I'm sure the phone you are used to type these thrash was made in Nigeria.

Dumbass!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Khalhabs(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
OP God bless you for this meaningful writeup

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
And another one....Enroll your kids for Summer holiday
Plz which summer? grin
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by naniawini(f): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
5. Holding football coaches more accountable than political office holders.This is particularly sad. An average Nigerian will hold his Premier League coach accountable for losing an important match but will never hold his elected official responsible for bad decisions. Decisions that affect his well-being.
lol y u use Arsene Wenger na grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by chuose: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Christafarian:

Good, Great and Giving.

Fan of Nicki Minaj?

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
Yes Nigerians love it when other people do their work for them, especially God.
They spend hours in churches believing God has done it before so he can do it again.
And so MOG use it as a way of milking you with, sow this seed and that and your reward will be great.
All because we are usually lazy
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
3. Voting a political candidate because of tribe or religion.Nigeria is divided along religiousand ethnic lines. Many people will rather vote a corrupt candidate from their tribe than an honest one from another tribe.Let’s vote who has our best interests at heart rather than let tribe and religion divide us.
tell that to our hausa brothers.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Cromagnon: 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Athiest alert!
how will going to church produce rice or toothpick
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kov624665(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
I don't agree. Did you even take a third thought before posting this? Rush-rush to post hungry you no be small

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Sticks 68 Match-Sticks In His Nose To Break Guiness World Record / Things You Should Never Apologise For On Nairaland / Chidinma Ogbonna MOUA Student Crushed To Death By A Trailer In Umuahia (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.