Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing (31160 Views)

Your Ancestors Aren't Proud Of You If You're Fond Of Doing Any Of These 5 Things / 7 Funny But Annoying Questions Nigerians Are Fond Of Asking / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by kov624665(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Rubbish write-up! OP, honestly, if you were any slower, dogs will teach you tricks.
No mind the Ghanaian

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Ofemmanu1: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
Cromagnon:
how will going to church produce rice or toothpick
Buhari o!
100k sperms, you were the fastest?!!
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Ranchhoddas: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
What a stupid thread!!
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Prince16: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
9. Forming a fake accent after a two-week vacation abroad. Nigerians will spend a short holiday in UK/US and come back with a new accent, eating habit and even a different way of dressing . It’s gotten so bad that some Nigerians pick up new accents at the various international airports.

The bolded is beta nah!

What of someone that returns with an American accent after a two-week vacation in China.

Pray, na english dem dey yarn 4 China?

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Cromagnon: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Buhari o!
100k sperms, you were the fastest?!!
you seem to be the slowest in your own heat
simple question you no fit answer
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Suspectzero(m): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Apart from number 7 and 9 every other thing on here is also done by people the world over, even first world countries. So stop shitting on Nigerians for traits that are exhibited by most other foreign nationals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Ofemmanu1: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Cromagnon:
you seem to be the slowest in your own heat
simple question you no fit answer
I neither have the time nor crayons to explain it to you.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Rajosh(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
spending a few hours in places of worship is not a bad thing. @op you even you will run if people are running.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by ciscoxx(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
All make sense..

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by abike12(f): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
10. Following internet trends without proper thought Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.

this one is very annoying. We now have spring, summer, fall and winter in Nigeria too undecided
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by MissingBudget: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Almost everything you posted here is nonsense.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Jacko1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
No.7 so true

Spending hours in churches

Go and earn a living

Dat pastor you dey find.... Na him office hin dey so

He is making his own money.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Feanah(f): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
2. Buying “foreign made” items because they’re “better”Nigerian have this absurd mentality that anything not made in Nigeria is better, regardless of how expensive it is. Made in Naija goods are awesome, we should look inwards for solutions. If you think made in Naija is inferior, you’ve probably never seen an Innoson vehicle.
I agree with this 100% ....I watch korean dramas and one thing I noticed is they mostly use korean products from their cars to phones...even the simple items shown in apartments if you observe carefully (eg rice cooker) are asian items.In all the series I've watched,I've not seen any of the actors hold an apple phone (if you've seen one,please let me know),it's always samsung mostly if you're rich...and if you're acting as someone very poor,some cheapie asian phone.And,I'm sure most of the celebrities own an apple phone personally.
I'm not comparing us to them but they also started somewhere before they got to where they are today.I heard we even have a company that produce phones now,I've never seen the product in any nollywood movie or series....we really need to start patronizing ourselves
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Boyooosa(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
@op, You are really Sparrow.... Bird, am I right? Huh!

Wait o... why cant you change to Parrot tho!
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Feanah(f): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Cromagnon: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

I neither have the time nor crayons to explain it to you.
naturally
I don't expect a lazy slow brain to
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Ofemmanu1: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Cromagnon:
naturally I don't expect a lazy slow brain to
If i wanted to hear from an asshol.e, i'd just fart.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by letsbet(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
damola311:
Most dumb and foolish thread I've read this year

Tell us the best thread you read or wrote this year or stfu.

1 Like

Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by damola311: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
letsbet:

Tell us the best thread you read or wrote this year or stfu.

Lol... I'm not a writer, I do something better than that.... I'm OK not posting anything than to post senseless and irrelevant posts.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by DONOCHAS(m): 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
op that number 6, if people are running join them. vum beta pass statement, if you run Finish ask why.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by blingxx(m): 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamsparrow:
10. Following internet trends without proper thought Nigerians will celebrate Halloween, Fourth of July etc just because they see it online. We really need to stop incorporating trends we see on the internet into our lives without understanding them first.

this is also Fu*king common... I see Halloween as a celebration of the dead not the living but some dumb Nigeria decide to plunge themselves into that demonic tradition... undecided
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by letsbet(m): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2016
damola311:

Lol... I'm not a writer, I do something better than that.... I'm OK not posting anything than to post senseless and irrelevant posts.

Take a good look at the points the Op posted up there and you'll realise there are all true, besides, even if u dont accept all his points, its not cool to just condemn the article as thrash..
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by AONE555(m): 6:55am On Sep 01, 2016
dont run just stand and let it come to you
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2016
Me i know say people go slaughter this OP. . . .
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by wizjid69: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2016
iamsparrow:
Like all human beings, Nigerians have faults.Many of our faults are laughable,others are not. Nigerians really take the cream when it comes to doing dumb things.While I’m always proudly Naija, sometimes we have to face the truth. Here are some silly things Nigerians do:

1. Turning into keyboard warriors when someone expresses a negative opinion about Nigeria.This is so common. No one on social media can express any negative views about Nigeria without many Nigerians turning into keyboard warriors and attacking such a person.People should be free to have their opinions whether you agreewith them or not. Let’s stop bullying non-Nigerians on socialmedia.

Even when they say truly hateful things?
There should be a right to reply.
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by Kaysalas(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
iamsparrow:
6. Running when everyone is running without asking why Nigerians are fond of doing this. Ask any group of Nigerians running why they’re doing so; you’d find that 80% are unaware of the reason for the mad dash. They only joined in just in case.
.if na u, u go wait?
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by FincoApps(m): 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
kingreign:

You wan claim say In no son better pass Mercedes or Toyota? Motor wey never conduct any crash test? The chinko people wey dey do their own ordinary 40mp/h crash test dey fold their motor like toilet tissue paper?
Mr Iamsparrow abeg just Negudu!

hahahaha exactly
Re: 10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing by sekem: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
Modsenemy:
Is it only me that finds this thread uninteresting and boring

Of course, it's not only you.

Actually, you and all your fellow dumbos on nairaland are the ones who will definitely find this thread very very uninteresting and boring.

If the thread was about how to dance skelewu, I'm sure you will not be mouthing off this nansense at all. lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Sticks 68 Match-Sticks In His Nose To Break Guiness World Record / Things You Should Never Apologise For On Nairaland / Chidinma Ogbonna MOUA Student Crushed To Death By A Trailer In Umuahia (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.