Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company (21615 Views)

Major-General Ugbo, 7 Others Killed In Ugboju, Benue / Buhari Confirms Appointment Of Joseph Chiedu Ugbo As N/delta Power Holding’s CEO / President Buhari: Appoints Chiedu Ugbo Ag MD Niger Delta Power Holding Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by lordkhalifa(m): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Going by your twisted logic, you are then hypocrites for complaining about only northerners being appointed heads of the security agencies since it's a fact that northerners dominate the armed forces. S1lly kids.

You can keep crying, bia_fraud is dead and our national resources will continue to be administered by the FG. You can both go suck on a cactus if dissatisfied.

Well done President Buhari on the appointments.
[s]
QuotaSystem:

Going by your twisted logic, you are then hypocrites for complaining about only northerners being appointed heads of the security agencies since it's a fact that northerners dominate the armed forces. S1lly kids.

You can keep crying, bia_fraud is dead and our national resources will continue to be administered by the FG. You can both go suck on a cactus if dissatisfied.

[/s]
QuotaSystem:

why are so scarred for dissolution its seems Biafra's are ur bread winner, u are afraid to lose them, ,what we have up north is human waste, 3.5 million malnutrition folks in North East IDP camp, 10.8 million almagiri in North West , 8million poor northern beggars that survive under 1$ per day in northern central, u said North dominating the arm force, very correct, no wonder we have bunch of illiterates in our Arm force abusing the code of conduct, u knw too well desert people can't survive without born to rule syndrome, even as that they are still the poorest and literacy ratio in that region is not something to write home about , so stop celebrating substandard human waste up north, even as ur President Doghari appointment is skeptical and selective yet we topple North in every ramifications , Charlie save ur sorry ass the stress and tackle the poverty and insecurity ransacking every nook and cranny of that wilderness
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by uckennety(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

cry me a river........... Is Nzeogwu president of Delta? Anybody can ally with another country to fight. Nzeogwu wish in not my wish. Nzeogwu is a military man, a traitor not a traditional ruler neither president.
I watch the civil war clip and saw Belgians fighting along Biafra.

Che Guevara was Argentine but fought in Cuba revolution, Congo revolution and later died in Bolivia revolution. That doesn't mean Argentines are from Cuba, Congo neither Bolivia.

Like as i said, get a life and face your 5 states of Biafra................Noise makers.

Guy wtever you are you talk too much

And empty vessels mk ðe loudest noise till d day biafra is declared I pray ur alive to see it!

We know even igbo akiri(igbanke)in edo is not among my biafra!
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bittertruthz: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2016
uckennety:

Ur d traitor......
Nkita ohia

Even buhari will join to skin u alive!bb

Igbos came from Congo, their big flat head is evidence.
Go back to Congo.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by uckennety(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

Igbos came from Congo, their big flat head is evidence.
Go back to Congo.

Sorry I tot ur a deltan and I was upset
No wonder so you are an Afonjas cone head
And u come from waste
Eyaaa

Chai my brothers in ukwani,anioma,agbor and igbanke say mk I ignore you
I didn't hear!!!
You don't worth my time grin shocked
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bittertruthz: 7:13am On Sep 01, 2016
uckennety:

Guy wtever you are you talk too much

And empty vessels mk ðe loudest noise till d day biafra is declared I pray ur alive to see it!

We know even igbo akiri(igbanke)in edo is not among my biafra!

Biafia is disaster awaiting. Another south Sudan in the making.
No sane tribe will join biafra.

Bayelse has started killing igbo baby factory and drug traders disguising as business men.

Your end is near. Another 6 million will soon die of biafra kwashiokor.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by QuotaSystem: 7:18am On Sep 01, 2016
lordkhalifa:
[s][/s] [s]why are so scarred for dissolution its seems Biafra's are ur bread winner, u are afraid to lose them, ,what we have up north is human waste, 3.5 million malnutrition folks in North East IDP camp, 10.8 million almagiri in North West , 8million poor northern beggars that survive under 1$ per day in northern central, u said North dominating the arm force, very correct, no wonder we have bunch of illiterates in our Arm force abusing the code of conduct, u knw too well desert people can't survive without born to rule syndrome, even as that they are still the poorest and literacy ratio in that region is not something to write home about , so stop celebrating substandard human waste up north, even as ur President Doghari appointment is skeptical and selective yet we topple North in every ramifications , Charlie save ur sorry ass the stress and tackle the poverty and insecurity ransacking every nook and cranny of that wilderness[/s]

Yet you travel hundreds of kilometers to flood the same North in your thousands daily looking for your daily bread (some coming only to sell otapiapia)? Yet you claim you are marginalized and all development has been cornered by the North? Yet your eroded red mud region smacks of underdevelopment and is filled with poverty ravaged drug traffickers? Cry me a river Mr. 5% cheesy.

All you can do is wail while you're dominated left, right and centre. Biafra is dead, Kanu has been contained and your opinion is irrelevant.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by uckennety(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

Biafia is disaster awaiting. Another south Sudan in the making.
No sane tribe will join biafra.

Bayelse has started killing igbo baby factory and drug traders disguising as business men.

Your end is near. Another 6 million will soon die of biafra kwashiokor.

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by tizzle(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2016
bolseas:

not correct.

MD is Ugbo Chiedu Joseph - South East

ED F&A is Mallam Babayo Shehu - North

ED E&TS is Ife Oyedele - South West.

nobody from Niger Delta?
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

My friend that Chiedu Ugbo Joseph look like Delta. SS not SE
Lol.... thank you. I.thought Chiedu and Ugbo are Igbo names.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 7:38am On Sep 01, 2016
tizzle:

nobody from Niger Delta?

I have been corrected. the MD is from Niger Delta.... the previous ED E&TS.was a Niger Deltan.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2016
sigiyaya:
Niger delta power holding company
Ok i can understand that the IGBO'S holds about
40% of Niger delta, and ondo state about 70%
yoruba land, but what i don't understand is the involvement of this MALLAM shehu in a niger delta
affair angry angry angry angry buhari what can of nonsense is this

please don't mistaken NDPHC with NDDC. NDPHC is a power holding company named Niger Delta because most of the power stations are located in the Niger Delta Region due to availability of Gas.

Apart from the power stations, there are Transmission Substations and Lines, Gas Metering Stations, Distribution Substations and Lines, telecommunications and teleprotection stations, these are located all over the country.

go to www.ndphc.net to learn more...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2016
Sydney22:

Ugbo Chiedu is South South
Nothing spoil though...
thanks for the correction....
I will modify my post...
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by adanny01(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2016
bolseas:

please don't mistaken NDPHC with NDDC. NDPHC is a power holding company named Niger Delta because most of the power stations are located in the Niger Delta Region due to availability of Gas.

Apart from the power stations, there are Transmission Substations and Lines, Gas Metering Stations, Distribution Substations and Lines, telecommunications and teleprotection stations, these are located all over the country.

go to www.ndphc.net to learn more...

I tried to tell him, but no, ignorance is a way of life for these young guys.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bittertruthz: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2016
bolseas:

Lol.... thank you. I.thought Chiedu and Ugbo are Igbo names.
Diego, Gonzalez, Morales are Spanish and Portuguese names.

Koffi is a Ghanaian and Congolese name.

Essien is calabar and Ghanaian name

Chan is a Chinese, Malaysian, singaporean and Thai name

Cote d'Ivoire answers oka, yaya as Nigerians do.
Even Japanese answer Azuka

Do not be deceived by similarity in names. Identity is what matters.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2016
adanny01:

I tried to tell him, but no, ignorance is a way of life for these young guys.

thank you jaare... I have time in my hands this morin that is why I even responded..

anxiously waiting for the eclipse, make I welcome am to Nigeria....Lol...
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by adanny01(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Ezyp:
So funny everyone is arguing about north west south east bullshit....No-one is concerned about how the ENGINEERS are been side lined in this 'regime'......
Imagine an engineer by profession the C.J

When I saw the headline, I rushed just to see the profession of the new MD but was disappointed to see a lawyer. The last was an accountant.

I just wonder what is happening to the engineering sector. Even in NNPC, other professions are preferred to engineers. Engineers are only needed in the field but never in management. It's high time engineers take this matter up like Medical Doctors did.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2016
divide9ja:
[size=15pt]Buhari why not another Northerner as usual?[/size]
But he decided to harken a bit to the yearning of most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bolseas(f): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:
Diego, Gonzalez, Morales are Spanish and Portuguese names.
Koffi is a Ghanaian and Congolese name.
Essien is calabar and Ghanaian name
Chan is a Chinese, Malaysian, singaporean and Thai name
Cote d'Ivoire answers oka, yaya as Nigerians do. Even Japanese answer Azuka
Do not be deceived by similarity in names. Identity is what matters.
Aight thanks. Rotimi Amaechi would have deceived me too... Lol....
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by mapet: 8:16am On Sep 01, 2016
1. Isn't it odd that the discussion is hardly on the profile of the people, or the expectations for them to deliver...........
2. Isn't it odd that the trophy for many of you lot is clan-based appointment rather than performance
3. Isn't it odd that some of you are satisfied with the appointment without batting an eye-lid on what's the antecedents of these guys

No wonder this generation of young ones are almost lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by Kfed4ril(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

There are similarities between Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. None of these countries claim each other. All man maintain their territory and sovereignty.
Only in Nigeria that some ethnic group want to swallow another.
Na rubbish you talk now now.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2016
sigiyaya:
grin grin grin grin grin u always have a way to make me laugh grin grin cheesy cheesy grin United states of America u said cheesy grin grin cheesy angry hope u understand what the word UNITED means.
Now let me educate u Alaska and Texas were United on mutual ground and were never amalgamated. Base on that mutual unity a government was formed to best interest of all with provisions for resource control which created room for competition among the states, this became healthy to their stable economy and it resulted to general development (employment for the youth, security, infrastructure etc )of the country you know and refer today as the United States of America.

Note:No matter how good America is today if any state rises as to pull about of unity of America simply a referendum will be conducted for the people of that state to decide their fate because it is their God give right as a group of people.

Now can such happen in ur so call useless federal republic?
You're wrong. Alaska was bought from Russia while Texas was gotten from Mexico. No state can just pull out. During the Civil War, the South which called itself the Confederal States, said the union wasn't permanent. They brought their compact theory but were brought back to the Union.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by bittertruthz: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Na rubbish you talk now now.
Get out here and go hang yourself. Enough of igbo supremacy in the south. You can't force people to be under you. It has to be choice and personal decision.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by lordkhalifa(m): 8:51am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Yet you travel hundreds of kilometers to flood the same North in your thousands daily looking for your daily bread (some coming only to sell otapiapia)? Yet you claim you are marginalized and all development has been cornered by the North? Yet your eroded red mud region smacks of underdevelopment and is filled with poverty ravaged drug traffickers? Cry me a river Mr. 5% cheesy.

All you can do is wail while you're dominated left, right and centre. Biafra is dead, Kanu has been contained and your opinion is irrelevant.
[s]
QuotaSystem:

[/s]
QuotaSystem:

STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
--------------------------------------
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%
REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty
(+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty
(+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty
(+ Average)
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
4 = North Central - 45.7%
Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (-
Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (-
Average) Damn!!
Sources
The Global Multidimensional
Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/
dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then
"Nigeria country briefing, from
the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-
content/uploads/
Multidimensional-Poverty- proudly 5% ... I argue with fact, dick head, u have so much reason to be jealous of us, entertainment industry we dominate, sports we are they, MBGN Igbo girls even represent some of northern states, technology and craftsmanship we dominate, standard of living and literacy we over shadow u, commerce we own it, formal minister of FCT el rufai, in one of his speech, he said Igbo's dominate real estate sector in abj with them owning 89% of private residence in federal capital territory, he said they did take abj as their annex state, the highest property an hausa man can have in Igbo land or any part of southern region is kiosks, Charlie is it paining u that we are buying up all the available piece of land in ur major cities Even ur hinterland villages are not safe, I knew u reasons with ur butt, take ur born to rule syndrome I'm 1million mile beta than u without power and political appointment grin grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by QuotaSystem: 9:08am On Sep 01, 2016
lordkhalifa:
[s]STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%
REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty
(+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty
(+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty
(+ Average)
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
4 = North Central - 45.7%
Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (-
Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (-
Average) Damn!!
Sources
The Global Multidimensional
Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/
dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then
"Nigeria country briefing, from
the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-
content/uploads/
Multidimensional-Poverty- proudly 5% ... I argue with fact, dick head, u have so much reason to be jealous of us, entertainment industry we dominate, sports we are they, MBGN Igbo girls even represent some of northern states, technology and craftsmanship we dominate, standard of living and literacy we over shadow u, commerce we own it, formal minister of FCT el rufai, in one of his speech, he said Igbo's dominate real estate sector in abj with them owning 89% of private residence in federal capital territory, he said they did take abj as their annex state, the highest property an hausa man can have in Igbo land or any part of southern region is kiosks, Charlie is it paining u that we are buying up all the available piece of land in ur major cities Even ur hinterland villages are not safe, I knew u reasons with ur butt, take ur born to rule syndrome I'm 1million mile beta than u without power and political appointment grin grin cheesy[/s]

Okoro did you not hear that your opinion is more irrelevant than you are? Focus on your freedom seeking and stop trying to pretend like you matter.

It'd be a cold day in hell the day I read that crap up there
grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by sigiyaya(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're wrong. Alaska was bought from Russia while Texas was gotten from Mexico. No state can just pull out. During the Civil War, the South which called itself the Confederal States, said the union wasn't permanent. They brought their compact theory but were brought back to the Union.
u can see how u avoided all the point i made( resources control) to saying things that u don't know.
Listen every group of people have their root especially here in Africa, America and Asia e.g have u heard that the igbos are the lost tribe of the Israel? Now that makes them Jewish but today they some were in West Africa sharing an entity against their wish with the Hausas and Yoruba just because one sick man who thinks he is God amalgamated them without due consultation, handed an unworkable constitution which was never the same to what he has in his own country. These can't be likened to the Alaska people you're talking about or do America have boundary with Russia? The Confederal States came back (not forced back) after a workable agreement with the rest of the states just like what Ojukwu tried to do in Ghana(Aburi Accord). U see my guy 1971 is totally different to 2016, this time around it is either we get it right all we all die in what we believe in God forbids that my next generation will come out be part useless, unworkable and unGodly entity u call a country.
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by adanny01(m): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2016
sigiyaya:
u can see how u avoided all the point i made( resources control) to saying things that u don't know.
Listen every group of people have their root especially here in Africa, America and Asia e.g have u heard that the igbos are the lost tribe of the Israel? Now that makes them Jewish but today they some were in West Africa sharing an entity against their wish with the Hausas and Yoruba just because one sick man who thinks he is God amalgamated them without due consultation, handed an unworkable constitution which was never the same to what he has in his own country. U see my guy 1971 is totally different to 2016, this time around it is either we get it right all we all die in what we believe in God forbids that my next generation will come out be part useless, unworkable and unGodly entity u call a country.

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by Donbiggi: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2016
Fabulosdave01:

Oh so he is delta or delta Igbo. I thought they said igbos are united. United air ni.
man igbo is igbo weda in south south, south east, west west oo, all na igbo
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by lordkhalifa(m): 9:57am On Sep 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Okoro did you not hear that your opinion is more irrelevant than you are? Focus on your freedom seeking and stop trying to pretend like you matter.

grin
[s]
QuotaSystem:

grin
[/s]
QuotaSystem:

grin
it is paining you halfling ? he north craved for
power at
independence as a
surety against the
way-up south, they got it,
but, what have they done
with it after about 38 years?
The northern leaders that
ruled Nigeria all along
couldn't improve on the lives
of their people not to talk of
that of all Nigerians. It is not
important to ask for
something, but, how to use it
effectively. What did people
like Gowon, Shagari, Buhari,
Babangida, Abdusalami,
YarÁdua, etc achieved for the
north not to talk of the
whole of Nigeria? Tomorrow
a northerner will blame the
Igbos that haven't rule
Nigeria, save for the six
months stint of J.T.U. Aguiyi-
Ironsi, for the problems of
the north.
Using the federal character
hullabaloo, half baked
northerners are promoted to
higher ranks in the military
and para military
establishments, appointed
ministers, permanent
secretaries, given positions
of authorities in the civil
service , boards and
parastatals, made
ambassadors; people who
don't know their rights from
their lefts. Those high
ranking officers in the
military didn't handle guns
in a war setting and didn't
know how to organise and
prosecute a war without the
help of Britain or other
foreign powers; would have
even deserted the forces,
suppose Nigeria had
declared war against another
country, but, they were
promoted generals, were
only interested in planning
coups and embezzling our
commonwealth; as it was in
the beginning so it is today.
Those heads of customs,
immigration and police
departments respectively
couldn't update those
departments and couldn't
make their officers and men
carry out their lawful duties;
but, engaged in bribery and
graft taking; as it was in the
beginning so it is today.
Those ministers couldn't
initiate anything tangible for
the ministries or advice their
boss on the best policies to
carry out to improve upon
the lives of the people;
couldn't see that policies are
implemented the way they
should have been; as it was
in the beginning so it is
today.
Those permanent secretaries
couldn't organise their
ministries as non-political
heads of those ministries
well; couldn't advise their
ministers on policy
initiatives, but, engaged only
in corrupt practices; as it
was in the beginning so it is
today.
Those high ranking civil
servants that were where
they are not qualified to be
didn't know why they were
there in the first place; as
they contributed nothing
meaningful to the
achievement of their
departmental goals; as it was
in the beginning so it is
today.
Those ambassadors didn't
have any iota of knowledge
about international relations
and diplomatic protocols and
couldn't be of any help to
Nigerians living in those
countries where they were
posted to; they only looked
for what they could gain out
of their posting and how
many business opportunities
and connections they could
garner for themselves alone;
as it was in the beginning so
it is today.
Those heads of boards and
parastatals couldn't bring
their organisations into the
profit realms rather they
were there to feather their
nests and line their pockets
and bank accounts; they only
succeeded in running the
companies they took over
aground. The north is
littered with companies that
are out of business due to
lack of administrative
acumen by the men that ran
them. Mallam Bello that
accused the southerners for
everything wrong with the
north might be one of those
that can´t make anything
work, but, will hide under
the cloak of blame-game to
mask their ineptitude. It is
surprising that his bank
(Unity Bank Nigeria Plc) is
still in business; its books
need to be audited and
scrutinised, to see if mini-
Enron is in the making.
Where is the Bank of the
North today, where is Arewa
Textile Mills amongst others?
As it was in the beginning so
it is today.
The institutions of higher
learning in the north lowered
their admission requirements
for their indigenes in order
to make it possible for many
of them to get entrance into
those institutions not
knowing that they are
cheating themselves, because,
at the end, they will only
churn out many half-baked
graduates; as it was in the
beginning so it is today. For
instance, Yobe State
University, Damaturu
indefinitely suspended the
running of all degree
programmes and courses
following the state's inability
to produce qualified
candidates for admission and
lecturers to teach in the
recently established higher
institution. (Guardian Sept.
14, 2007). This is happening
in Nigeria where many
qualified southerners
couldn't get admission into
any of the universities due to
scarcity of offers and many
southerners with PhDs in
different academic fields
couldn't get job as lecturers
because of no more
employment opportunities.
While the southerners were
developing their economy
and the financial sector,
many northerners loathed
the banking system and the
banks, while the southerners
were banking their monies,
some of the northern rich
people (money-missed-roads
and embezzlers included)
found it better to bury their
monies in their backyards or
under their houses. That was
one of the major reasons the
re-denomination of the naira
was scuttled by YarÁdua,
because of those money-
missed-roads and the
embezzlers from the north,
who would have found it
hard to put their hidden
monies into the system as to
benefit from the new naira
policy.
The banking attitude of the
southerners strengthened the
hands of their banks and
that helped many of them
(banks) withstand
competitions and to stay in
business while posting hefty
profits. Not to say that many
of them did not fall by the
wayside during the
reconsolidation in the
banking sector, but, were not
so badly hit as to what
happened to many northern
banks that hitherto inflated
their books to hoodwink
shareholders, but, were
taken out of business during
the reconsolidation exercise,
because, they couldn't
withstand competition and
were "swallowed up" by the
major ones. That is the
modern style of business; we
all read every now and then
the aggressive impulse of
companies nowadays that
informs the bigger ones
acquiring the smaller ones
all over the world. It is now
a very competitive world
even in business and which
ever company that puts its
house in order, survives the
"rainy day".
The northerners were day-
dreaming all along, in that
they failed to struggle for
survival falsely hoping that
they being northerners will
bring them everything good,
afterall, to them, the
military-industrial complex
is situated there. It does not
work that way always. Many
northerners thought and still
think, that their wielding of
the political power will bring
them everything, open all
doors for them and as such
there should be no need to
work hard, but, they are
wrong, because, soon,
everybody will answer his or
her father's name. It can´t
continue to be business as
usual. The government of
Nigeria can´t continue to be
everything to the
northerners and nothing to
the southerners; that is
injustice that must stop. The
worst of it all is that despite
all the north has out of
Nigeria, they are still
complaining. I wonder if they
want the entire south to
jump into the ocean for them
to be satisfied!
Artefacts of development are
and can´t be development in
the proper sense of it. The
policies for the eradication
of illiteracy, poverty and
diseases are lacking in the
north. The leaders of Nigeria
who are of northern
extraction glossed over the
need to bring real
development to their people
so that they can take their
destinies into their hands!
Why? Because these leaders
are semi-literate and don't
understand what power and
how to use it, is all about;
they only tend to see power
as a means to embezzle the
people´s wealth, enrich
themselves, their families,
friends and cohorts; not
knowing that power is
supposed to be used to uplift
the people, develop their
potentials and make life
more meaningful for greater
number of them. Illiterate
leaders will never know this;
they dabble into power
without knowing what it is
all about.
It is not enough to form elite
clubs like Arewa
Consultative Forum (ACF) or
Northern Union (NU) made
of few well-to-do
northerners while millions
are left out in the "cold".
Those clubs are only being
used to peddle influence; get
access to positions of
authority; win contracts; get
appointments; rig elections
for the sons, daughters,
friends and relatives of the
members; lobby and
influence policy directions; it
pays only few exclusive
members. One day, one
member of such a kangaroo
club will wake up to cry that
the north is being
marginalised to cover up
their inability to make life
easier for their people. Who
is listening to such
rabblerousing?
Finally, now is the time for
the northern elite to
emancipate their people from
the strangulating grips they
have on them or else they
will continue shedding rivers
of tears for their
backwardness. I hope they
can´t be holding the
southerners down all along
and still expect them to
remain the same till eternity.
An industrious people will
always find ways to break
free and liberate themselves
no matter the disadvantage
positions they have been
consigned to. The
northerners should watch
out, if they don't start now
to make the right moves;
soon they will find out that
the southerners have left
them way behind; time is
getting too late for them
despite all that they have at
their disposal. They might
one day need to leap 100
times at a go to catch up
with the people of the south
and that might be an
impossible task. "The train"
has left the station; it will
not be easy to catch up with
it. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by sigiyaya(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2016
[quote author=adanny01 post=48976779][/quote] take that to the North na dem need am pass
Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2016
sigiyaya:
Listen every group of people have their root especially here in Africa, America and Asia e.g have u heard that the igbos are the lost tribe of the Israel? Now that makes them Jewish but today they some were in West Africa sharing an entity against their wish with the Hausas and Yoruba just because one sick man who thinks he is God amalgamated them without due consultation, handed an unworkable constitution which was never the same to what he has in his own country. This can be likened to the Alaska people you're talking about or do America have boundary with Russia? The Confederal States came back (not forced back) after a workable agreement with the rest of the states just like what Ojukwu tried to in Ghana(Aburi Accord). U see my guy 1971 is totally different to 2016, this time around it is either we get it right all we all die in what we believe in God forbids that my next generation will come out be part useless, unworkable and unGodly entity u call a country.
You're confused.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by perfectwazobia1: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ezyp:
So funny everyone is arguing about north west south east bullshit....No-one is concerned about how the ENGINEERS are been side lined in this 'regime'......
Imagine an engineer by profession the C.J
God bless you and NSE will tell their members they are working. And COREN too will tell engineers, technologist and technicians they are regulating engineering profession in Nigeria. When an Egyptian, Chinese,Japanese , Lebanese [just for the skin coloration ] who might be an artisan in his country but will enter Nigeria and will be given the title of an expatriate and the guy will be earning what a registered COREN engineer can never earn in a whole year in just a month for doing close to nothing. I see these things and I weep for my dear country. And COREN will be saying they are working at the end of the day Nigerians still do this job.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Joseph Chiedu Ugbo MD, Niger Delta Power Holding Company by avidleo: 3:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Congrats to Diokpa Chiedu Ugbo on your reappointment.

Dude connected my maternal home town to the
national grid after 40 years of promises.

Fun Fact:- He is from same town in Delta North

obiremy:
OSGF PRESS RELEASE
31st August, 2016
NEW APPOINTMENTS FOR NIGER DELTA POWER
HOLDING COMPANY (NDPHC)

His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of a substantive Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and two Executive Directors for the Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited (NDPHC). The new appointees are:
(i) Joseph Chiedu Ugbo - Managing Director/Chief Executive
Officer (He is currently acting in the same capacity).
(ii) Mallam Babayo Shehu- Executive Director (Finance and Administration).
(iii) Engineer Ife Oyedele -Executive Director (Engineering and
Technical Services).

2. Mr. Ugbo is a legal practitioner and infrastructure regulations specialist with extensive experience in electricity industry reform and privatization. He has Bachelor and Master of Law Degrees from the University of Lagos and was admitted to practice Law in Nigeria in 1991. For over 15 years, he provided legal advisory services to public sector power entities including legal support to erstwhile National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) and to the Bureau of Public Enterprises during the privatization of the twenty successor companies of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

3. Mallam Babayo Shehu has a First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria. Mallam Babayo Shehu began his working career with Bauchi State Development Board in 1981. He was in banking from 1987 to 2003 and thereafter joined the federal public service in 2003 and was in the service from 2003 to 2014.

4. Engineer Oyedele graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree, Electrical Engineering from the University of Lagos in 1982. He is a member, Nigerian Society of Engineers and Institute of Directors. Between 1982 and 1992, Engineer Oyedele worked in both the public and private sectors. He established his own company, Messrs Matcom Limited in 1992. He is the Managing Director of the company until his new appointment.
(Signed)
Bolaji Adebiyi,
Director (Press),
Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/08/new-appointments-for-niger-delta-power.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Explains Why He Is Not Campaigning Yet / Stella Oduah To Fani-kayode: Bow Your Head In Shame / Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.