Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! (633 Views)

"These Cucumbers Are Better Than 90% Of Men" - Lady Says, But Gets Blasted / ''90% Of Southern Nigerian Women Are Prostitutes, Runs Girls" - Northern Man / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! by Shevmaen(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2016
I called off my wedding 18 years ago this June. It was canceled quickly and quietly, long before any invitations were mailed, with no hysterical scene at the church and no frantic telephone calls to 300 guests. While last-minute drama might have made for a more entertaining story, canceling a caterer, a church and a reception hall five months before the big event was dramatic — and traumatic — enough for me.

In the aftermath of this very public and embarrassing breakup, I spent months — years even — figuring out why I almost married the wrong guy.
I had to look in the mirror and admit what I had known deep down all along: He was wrong for me. I also had to admit that I didn’t have a clue about how to find the right guy or even who the right guy was for me. So how could I find him if I didn’t know what I wanted in the first place?

I was fortunate. I eventually figured it out and found the right guy; an old friend, who had been in my life long before my near-miss at the altar. Now, with three kids and almost 17 (happy!) years of marriage, I’m sharing my story. And after hearing hundreds of women tell me about their own misguided marriages and close-calls with Mr. Wrong, I realize this happens all the time.

Women remain “stuck” in relationships with the wrong guy for the wrong reasons. Why? Because if they don’t know what they want, they can’t tell the difference between Mr. Right and Mr. Wrong. Sure, we all joke about that “list” of must-have qualities: great looks, intelligence, sex appeal, etc. But do the qualities we seek add up to the right guy — and in turn, the right relationship?

Unfortunately, the answer is often no. So how do you recognize the right guy? The first step is to articulate what you want and need. That list is different for everyone. But the second list is universal. And that’s a clear understanding of the qualities of a healthy relationship. As we researched our book, my co-author Jennifer Gauvain and I talked to hundreds of women and we’ve observed five universal signs you’re dating the right guy:

1. You bring out the best in each other, not the worst. You encourage each other to grow personally, professionally and emotionally, recognizing that change is positive and healthy.

2. You trust each other and can count on one another to do the right thing. There’s no jealousy or second-guessing in the relationship.

3. You have fun together. Playfulness adds spice, and laughter is an aphrodisiac.

4. You share common core beliefs and values. Connecting on an emotional and spiritual level can be just as powerful as a physical connection.

5. You communicate with each other out of care and concern instead of judgment and criticism. Think about it this way: What’s your tone of voice like when you’re critical and judgmental? It’s hard to have a harsh tone when you speak out of care and concern.

Do you have these qualities in your current relationship? If not, it’s time to pay attention to your gut feelings. Deep down, you know whether or not he’s right — or wrong — for you.

Keep in mind that loneliness, lust and butterflies can cloud even the smartest woman’s judgment. But a solid understanding of what a healthy relationship with Mr. Right feels like will help you clear your head so that you’ll say “so long” to Mr. Wrong — and recognize the right guy when he comes along.

Posted by Adeniyi Adeshina
http://9jaspotlights..com.ng/2016/08/how-to-know-if-you-are-with-your-mr.html#more

Re: How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 01, 2016
grin

Nice story.... But do we really all have a soulmate? undecided im afraid but some of us don't have...

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 01, 2016
TrapQueen77:
grin

Nice story.... But do we really all have a soulmate? undecided im afraid but some of us don't have...

soul mate doesn't exist grin grin tongue
Re: How To Know If You Are With Your Mr Right...90% Of Ladies Dont Know This!!! by dilini(m): 5:48am On Sep 01, 2016
TrapQueen and CrazyQuin, I knew the both of you will be the first to comment. Una dey try..
t
Anywayz, the truth is soulmates do exist and they are really rare to comeby. I for one is a living example but the real reason you don't get to see it in them is because alat of "em have learnt alata lessons from different experiences (if not theirs) and have decided to coil back into their shells pretending to be the usual guy and avoiding acting out the nice, caring and understanding guy. What Op posted about the topic is a true reflection of what is obtained in a comforting and assuring relationship when involved with Mr. Nice Guy who may turn out to be Mr. Right Guy but what you see these days is ladies getting glued to "any" guy who's got security which serves as the guarantee to living a good life while enduring the excesses of the guy or managing the trauma experiences when the marriage starts crumbling.
Well, I pray I find one who fits into the picture for me and mind you ladies I aint here to blow my trumpet... LOl... wink gringrincheesy

My 2cents sha....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Really Love Again / Rizla / How To Propose ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.