Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:59 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (19826 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by 8oracle(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2007
@m4malik @ r o b b y ! it seems your guy are late raisers, might be ur achille heels have been rawed. Lagos bar beach might be here you receives ur sermon. Your ranting pastors have empty things to offer, feeling their pockets with bread of iniquities.
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2007
Look my dear 8oracle, why don't you rather make informed inputs? What's all this babbling about - and how does that even persuade anyone about your view of the Person of Jesus Christ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2007
Jesus was not God. Jesus is only a mythical character and it stands to chance that he never existed. It would be wrong to call a pretend person God
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Thor,

If nothing exists for you, including yourself, we can understand your joke. However, we would like to focus on the present enquiry of the topic. TY.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2007
Shahan

The question of this thread is 'Is Jesus God'

I gave you a sensible answer. I personally beleive in God, but do not believe in the story of Jesus Christ. That is why I wrote that Jesus can not be God.

It was not a joke at all. That is my beleif and I have answered the question posed by this thread.

Thank you for your understanding
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Thor,

Appreciate your answers. I'm quite aware that a lot of people believe in a "God" of sorts, quite distinct from the Christian faith. However your persuasions, it does not lend credence to what is being discussed; and I believe that your concerns have been addressed in another thread - if you could take the time to do a search.

Regards.
Re: Is Jesus God? by venusmaze: 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2007
@venusmaze: if actually your location is in canterbury uk,The evidence of William Tyndale burning which scorched a church door within your neighbourhood is still there, Or you might be a relation of one canterbury bishop who denied the ressurection of Jesus christ calling it a magical trickery.

But am afraid somehow you re somewhere in okrika water side diseased by the constant mad ranting of jobless pastors whose early morning wake up call quote you" yes jesus is God, amen thank you lord"

Thank you. I dont bother myself with who burnt down what church here or okrika water side. I just praise God for everything and i know that the relationship i have with God and what i have read and understood that my Jesus in also God . No need to abuse or curse at me, i am glad you seem quite intelligent and i wish i could read and know what you know, but God dey!
Re: Is Jesus God? by goodguy(m): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2007
Thor,

If I may ask, which/what God do you believe in?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2007
Why, is there more than one God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by goodguy(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2007
Yes, though there's only one Supreme God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2007
Has he got a bigger hat than the others?
Re: Is Jesus God? by 8oracle(m): 2:01am On Jan 13, 2007
venusmaze: Just a rebuke, Christ Jesus severally severly rebuked his fellow Jews, sometimes with whips for their hard to learn and understand attititude.
The Scribes, The Sadducees and The Pharisees of Jesus time re i this thread saying what you and many would like to hear. But beware you are not carried off as a prey by empty philosophy and elementary teachings of men which is not according to the christ.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.(Open your bible and read and meditiate in it, in an undertone)

There is a saying that says " a hundred years journey taken by untruth, the truth will catch up in a second".
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2007
Okay, just for the records 8oracle. Could we possibly infer that your view of Christ is no more than a mere man so that all you know is try to rebuke others, even though you can't coordinate a sane sentence?

May we say that your view of Christ is no more than a mere man so that you can't handle issues but always go about with whips in your hand?

Can we conclude that your view of Christ is no more than a mere man who has nothing positive to offer when you're pointed to God's Word?

You're an epistle of your background and everyone's reading who you show about yourself. Can we infer that you hardly know the real Jesus Christ and that's the reason for your infantile tattling?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 10:07am On Jan 13, 2007
If Jesus had of been a man, why would have that been a problem. Would it have made him any less of a good and kind human being?

If he did actually die on the cross, surely that would have made him mortal?

Talking about knowing the real Jesus, nobody can say that they have that privilidge! Even if he had existed, none of us were around at the time so it is not possible to comment with any confidence.

What we read in the scriptures is neither here or there. Nobody can verify the validity of any of the writings and nver will!

Everything is pure specualtion. To anybody that does beleive in JC as a nice kind of guy who spoke common sense, then surely it makes no difference on his status and what he should be known as.

From the stories he sounds like a nice guy who tried to live a peaceful and helpful life :-)

Maybe a few more people should try to live in that fashion. Not in the name of Jesus, but in the interests of mankind :-)
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2007
@Thor, no one's really interested in your speculation - if it doesn't work for you because you don't want it to, good for you. Those who know the Bible is real don't need your hypothesis.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Thor(m): 10:24am On Jan 13, 2007
@Shahan

I beg to differ. I think allot of people are interested!

If you think that the Bible is real then I have no problem with that, I respect your belief.

What I do have a problem is with you being obnoxious  towards me because of my views. If you really are a Christian then please show an understanding and tolerant Christian attitude.

You did not answer my previous question. If Jesus had of been a man and not a God, why would that be a problem and would that of made him any lesser of a person?
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2007
@Thor,

This glib quip of "If you really are a Christian then please show an understanding and tolerant Christian attitude" is a bit weathered now, so try something else. You really should be asking yourself if you have been tolerant to others' beliefs and persuasions.

Second, don't try to patronise me with this child talk about answering your questions when you actually are not answering any questions offered you.

If you want to engage reasonably in a duscussion without the usual sly disrespect you pander about for your speculations, welcome anytime.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2007
@ Thor

Take no notice of Shahan. The problem that he has is that his are the only valid points and everybody elses are speculation.

I think the question you have asked to be sensible and logical. That is why Shahan will not answer you! He can not answer sad sad sad

I do not believe in Jesus also, but I think that as a figure representing good he is a positive Icon. But then again watching 'Thomas the Tank engine and Friend's on TV also makes me feels good. I don't believe that there are talking steams engines though grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 3:28pm On Jan 13, 2007
@Rev.,

Several questions I have asked still beg your responses in other threads - so your titters here speak to the effect that you're neither the wiser for it nor lending credence to your duplicity.

As for the answers that you can't see to the so-called "sensible and logical" questions, patiently go through my posts again.

Talking about valid points, you have your eyes closed when you read my inputs, especially where I'd recognised the blessings others have added to my understanding. If you've got no points at all to pep up your attention-seeking, I can understand that.
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2007
@damosky,

Thanks for yours, and here's a link where I'll be posting some outlines to some of these questions.

Who Was Jesus Before He Became A Man?

To answer your question succinctly here: He was God before He became Man. The reasons why He was not a created angel are given on the page to the link above. More questions welcome.

Bless. cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by jaybaby(f): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2007
This Q was asked in the Bible & Jesus Answered!
From John Cpt 10:24-33
Jhn 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Jhn 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to send at him.
Jhn 10:32 Jesus said to them in answer, I have let you see a number of good works from the Father; for which of those works are you stoning me?
Jhn 10:33 This was their answer: We are not stoning you for a good work but for evil words; because being a man you make yourself God.

Please People Satan is working thru d starter of this thread-Do not let him deceive U sad
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 18, 2007
I guess Jaybaby has solved the puzzle, we've heard from the horse's mouth, Jesus is God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Ndipe(m): 1:25am On Jan 18, 2007
Amen!!!
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 2:26am On Jan 18, 2007
Jesus is the God of the whole Earth!
-- Isaiah 54:5

All things were made by Him.
-- John 1:3

. . . As concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen
-- Rom. 9:5
Re: Is Jesus God? by 8oracle(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
Donzman:

I guess Jaybaby has solved the puzzle, we've heard from the horse's mouth, Jesus is God.

Eureka Not Yet! Did not you read the same John Chapter 10 vs 36 where christ cleared that fasle charge the hating Jews want to have against him, Who re trying by all means neccessary to put him to death. This same false accussation and others came up from the Jews againts him before Pilate.

Chapter 10 vs 36 reads "do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world. You blaspheme, because i said, I am God's Son?
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2007
@8oracle,

Have you really thought about the meaning of that appellation: the Son of God? Do you really know what it means?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 19, 2007
angry angry THOU FAITHLESS GENERATION, WHO HAS BEWITCHED YOU YE FOOLISH NIGERIANS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW SINCE THE CREATION OF THE EARTH THAT JESUS IS GOD, WHY ALL THE ARGUMENT JESUS IS GOD AND IN HIM DWELLTH THE GODHEAD BODILY .PROOF 1 , THE BOOK OF GENESIS=> LETS MAKE MAN IN OUR(PLURAL FORM) OWN IMAGE(DEFINENTLY THERE WERE THE TRINITY THERE THEN). SECONDLY WHEN ADAM EAT THE APPLE FRUIT(THE VOICE OF THE LORD WAS WALKING IN THE COOL OF THE DAY)HOW COME CUZ HE IS THE WORD, GOD IS 3 IN 1, OOOOH I LOVE THIS SONG (HOLY HOLY HOLY, MERCIFUL AND MIGHTY, GOD IN THREE PERSON BLESS THE TRINITY. SEEK HIM YOU WILL FIND HIM, HE IS GOD
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 3:41am On Jan 19, 2007
@jayon. . .lol.

Just take it easy on our brethren - we are all learning. cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by kobe(m): 3:52am On Jan 19, 2007
I WILL BREAK THE RULE and type in caps.
THIS IS AN ENDLESS QUESTION so stop it humans/seek knowledge.

GOD IS GOD.

interprete that statement as you wish.

"GOD IS GOD."

As long as you all believe in the only GOD and serve no other gods/idols before him, you should be fine.
Re: Is Jesus God? by 8oracle(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2007
shahan:

@8oracle,

Have you really thought about the meaning of that appellation: the Son of God? Do you really know what it means?

@shahan: Jesus Christ reffering himself as Son of God, was asserting hes's been the beginning and first born of all creation (Revelation 3:14, Colossian 1:15 Reads "He is the image of the invisible God,the first born of all creation"
Are we to debate on what the bible mean when all human creatures re called and reffered to as Sons of God?

It might be of interest to you(To Read Rev 1:1) to note that even while in heaven christ still remains an obedient Son of God acting still in his rightful capacity as God's spokesman and chief messenger.

Revealtion 1;1 reads " A revelation by Jesus Christ Which GOD gave him to show to his slaves the things that must shortly take place, slave John (here says GOD gave to Jesus[/b]) does it still not confirm the true statement in order of headship inspired in [b]1 Corinthians 11;3 Reads "But i want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ, in turn the head of every woman is the man, in turn the head of christ is God" end of qoute DO YOU SHAHAN AGREE TO THIS TIME TESTED HEADSHIP ARRANGEMENT?.

If Jesus Is God as you strongly infer, why re we leaving Moses behind from all this Have you not read at Exodus Chapter 7:1 which says " Consequently the almighty God said to Moses " See i have made you GOD to Pharaoh and Aaron your brother will become your prophet".

Let me fast forward to the bible book of luke chapter 1:31 "and, look you (Virgin Mary) will conceive in your womb and gave birth to a son and you shall call his name Jesus" read also verse 35 ( here the angel do not say or told Mary that she will concieve or bear God rather what she will deliver as a her baby will God's Son.

I have found that it is hard also for you to accept the almighty God proclammation at Mathew 3:17 "This is my son the beloved whom i have approved" ??
Re: Is Jesus God? by shahan(f): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2007
@8oracle,

Thanks for your reply, but actually there doesn't seem to be any precise meaning you have given that captured the essence of the Son of God as used in Scripture for Jesus Himself.

Earlier on, you had acknowledged that the term "the Mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6 refers to the Messiah, Jesus:

8oracle:

@ shahan: Prophet Isaiah knew what he was talking about, and who he was reffering to, their expected messiah. Though a humle prophet he was ,he had no theological, or unversity education, knew the clear difference between "The Almighty God" Genesis 17vs1(Absolute) and the messiah "The mighty God" (Relative).

If, according to you, the Messiah is "The Mighty God", why does it become a tough job accepting the deity of Jesus Christ in the New Testament instead of quoting other verses out of context to try and deny His deity?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Backslider(m): 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2007
@8oracle

You Quoted the bible wrongly and this is the correct quote please dont do this again
Col: 1 Vers.
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

He is the first born of every creature means that he represents all the first born of every living thing and this means that he is the passover himself and must be worshiped. He was never Created he Created himself he was however born of a woman and this makes him a man and a complete man. His himanity and God ness are available in his life

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Stop Praying For The Dead - Pastor Giwa Charges Christians / 6 Ways Ministers Of God Can Avoid Scandals / Daddy Freeze To Start Preaching On TV Against Tithing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.