Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,434 members, 7,853,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu (25660 Views)

Federal Executive Council Meeting Will Not Hold Tomorrow - Lai Mohammed / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Ahmeduana(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
Abeymills:
No thanks 2 bubuhari apc n zombies how sad
THAT IS THE FIRST SIGNS OF RIGGING, THEY didn't FILL THOSE POSITION BECAUSE 1. BECAUSE they've NOT SO STRATEGIES THERE RIGGING FORMULA 2. AND they've NOT SEEN A compromisable PERSON THAT WILL DO THERE BIDDING.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
To copy this tune---press Eleven
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by kutchs: 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
It's all in their plan to perpetuate Buhari in power.
Bloody despot who has no vision for the country.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
Goke7:

you took the words out of my mouth, most of our so called leaders in the society are just too emotional when they talk, I believe leaders are meant to inspire people and not create unnecessary fear, the other day prof ango abdullai said Nigeria should divide if it wants to, he did not even think about the consequences of what he was talking about.

All we know is just party, wining and dining, the average african is not wired to think strategically, we are moved more by what we see, feel or hear, reason we may never develop, no be curse I swear.
Why do you have a problem with Prof Abdullahi's statement?

All over the world, the people have an inalienable right to determine if they want to continue to be part of a country or not. The UK experienced same recently so I dunno what the fuss is all about.

Why the forceful and stupid belief that "One Nigeria" cannot be questioned? It is unacceptable and until our oneness is questioned and subjected to stress tests such as a referendum, our unity cannot be stronger.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by magoo10(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nigeria not being able to run an election in 2019 shouldnt be imagined because it will send a wrong and very bad signal
rather I see this as a call to relevant organizations mentioned to start up a dependable systems and ways to ensure that we have conclusive elections in 2019

I hope to see Nigerians going to the polls with their votes counting especially if the government of the day have nothing to show
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by AsoRockz01(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
What the man is simply saying is that if there would be elections in 2019,considering the rate of inconclusive elections,preparations should start now so that in 2019,we will get it right.

People can be mmyopic
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Goke7: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
Why do you have a problem with Prof Abdullahi's statement?

All over the world, the people have an inalienable right to determine if they want to continue to be part of a country or not. The UK experienced same recently so I dunno what the fuss is all about.

Why the forceful and stupid belief that "One Nigeria" cannot be questioned? It is unacceptable and until our oneness is questioned and subjected to stress tests such as a referendum, our unity cannot be stronger.

Sir, like I said earlier we are just emotional, prof abdullai like many Nigerians are just talking from their frustrations, even the prof himself admitted that he is one of the elites causing Nigerians so much problems, we are not strategic, we are not thinking and we are not asking the right questions, will the division of Nigeria solve our problems?

With all the noise in the Uk, have they gone their different ways now?
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by happney65: 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
veekid:

Wayre re o

Real wayre my broda...I don laugh tire
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Kiakia(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
The executive have relapsed into a lax mode. The Judiciay have become lawless and gone rogue, delivering bought judgments. The legislature lacks credibility. That's Prof. Chidi Odinkalu for you, shooting from the hips and saying it as it is without caring whose ox is gored. Aptly captured by him. The country is in a confused state at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Timfreds(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
With the present economic situation, Bubu may actually come out to say there is no enough money to conduct elections.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by basingstoke: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
it is not giving cup to gorrilla to drink water that matters, it is trying to collect the cup back from him therein lies the problem
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
Goke7:

Sir, like I said earlier we are just emotional, prof abdullai like many Nigerians are just talking from their frustrations, even the prof himself admitted that he is one of the elites causing Nigerians so much problems, we are not strategic, we are not thinking and we are not asking the right questions, will the division of Nigeria solve our problems?

With all the noise in the Uk, have they gone their different ways now?
Scotland conducted a referendum and the majority were against leaving. No matter how much you may dislike it, the fact is that Nigeria as it is isn't working. Only politicians and beneficiaries of government sleaze will say otherwise.

Those agitating to leave should be allowed to conduct a referendum to see if the majority says yes. Patriotism is never obtained by force so the referendum path is one which we must tow to achieve real unity.

Nigeria as it is isn't working and also unsustainable. We need to restructure or split.

Hard facts that we must face.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by mabea: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
Keneking:
" Today, the executive has gone into lax mode; judiciary has become lawless; National Assembly is lacking in credibility; INEC is troubled; politicians have gone unruly." Useless APC government angry

E don happen ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Buhari's long term agenda to impoverish Nigerians prediction has come to past angry angry angry

Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked
is this the same keneking? if yes then he has no integrity.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
[s]
mabea:
is this the same keneking? if yes then he has no integrity.
[/s]

How?
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by naijafella(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
Sharrrrrrrrrrrrraaaap!
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Goke7: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
Scotland conducted a referendum and the majority were against leaving. No matter how much you may dislike it, the fact is that Nigeria as it is isn't working. Only politicians and beneficiaries of government sleaze will say otherwise.

Those agitating to leave should be allowed to conduct a referendum to see if the majority says yes. Patriotism is never obtained by force so the referendum path is one which we must tow to achieve real unity.

Nigeria as it is isn't working and also unsustainable. We need to restructure or split.

Hard facts that we must face.

Referendum is not in our constitution for now, so its the National assembly that will have to amend the constitution for that to happen. For now all this talk are just emotional, if Nigerians feel Nigeria is not working, pressure should be mounted on the national assembly for that. it has nothing to do with the executive or judiciary.

The hard fact is to amend your Constitution [that is how a democracy works] or else its just emotions and nothing more. Reason I said we just party, wine and make noise with no strategy.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
Goke7:

Referendum is not in our constitution for now, so its the National assembly that will have to amend the constitution for that to happen. For now all this talk are just emotional, if Nigerians feel Nigeria is not working, pressure should be mounted on the national assembly for that. it has nothing to do with the executive or judiciary.

The hard fact is to amend your Constitution [that is how a democracy works] or else its just emotions and nothing more. Reason I said we just party, wine and make noise with no strategy.
You're talking like a green horn in Nigerian politics.

Why was the Aburi accordingly reneged upon by Gowon?

Why did the north tag the last national conference a waste?

The truth remains that until Nigeria sits down and tells herself the hard truths we are going nowhere.

Sentimentality is not a problem because one way or the other no one cannot be completely rid of sentiments. The question is whether those sentiments are grounded in reality or not.

Truth is Nigeria has been skewed as it is to favour the north politically. And it has and will continue to be a major stumbling block in the path of true unity.

We really need a reconciliation of the three major tribes.

The igbos will forever feel marginalised in Nigeria unless serious efforts are made towards reconciliation and there is retribution from the government for the inhumane treatments they received and have continued to receive post civil war (the 20 pounds, abandoned property and indigenization policies enacted after the civil war are the major issues here, not to talk about the war crimes of starvation initiated by Awolowo during the war).

All what I've said is not coming from an emotional point of view but a realistic one.

Why do you think Gowon keeps saying that an igbo needs to be president to right some wrongs? He knows very well our chequered history as a country.

If you know the history of Nigeria as a country then you'll understand what I've said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by chidozieikeji2: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
viktagorion:
Good for us.

Sau baba!

PMB till 2023.
na hunger go teach u lesson

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by jamesjoel142(m): 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
viktagorion:
Good for us.

Sau baba!

PMB till 2023.
I don't blame you, dead man walking
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Tufiakwa! Back to sender!! 2019 election MUST hold o!!! Who wan die of change induced hunger?
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by ola49: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
Na thunder go strike you for where you dey, Idiot
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Forwetinnah: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
The shouldn't even try it
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Abagworo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
There'll be election and APC will sweep everything. The judgement on Wike vs Dakuku destroyed free and fair election in Nigeria and empowered any ruling party to choose whatever result they wish.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by ENEONWO(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Does anybody want Buhari to start now to prepare for 2019, instead of working on improving the economy?

For those who want to increase their daily income just for browsing the internet, check out my signature (the website below) now. Its no joke. You will wonder why you were wasting your browsing time without making money from them. Do that now and thank me latter.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by pepigeorge(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2016
chris2face:
U lie oh because in 2019 we gonna correct our mistake that dullard there is moving out of that villa

Hope u get voters' card...

Well u and ur afonjas will correct ur mistakes,
I never made one.....i knew d bigot dullard buhari... I did warn.. u never listened
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Carter4luv(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
how may we continue in hardship,low economy that grace may abide. God forbid.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
I said it a month ago, that Buhari and his family's members whereby, he appointed one of his nephew as acting INEC chairperson. We youths must rise up to hold government accountable, else, government will technically hold us youths accountable for no reason.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by Goke7: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
You're talking like a green horn in Nigerian politics.

Why was the Aburi accordingly reneged upon by Gowon?

Why did the north tag the last national conference a waste?

The truth remains that until Nigeria sits down and tells herself the hard truths we are going nowhere.

Sentimentality is not a problem because one way or the other no one cannot be completely rid of sentiments. The question is whether those sentiments are grounded in reality or not.

Truth is Nigeria has been skewed as it is to favour the north politically. And it has and will continue to be a major stumbling block in the path of true unity.

We really need a reconciliation of the three major tribes.

The igbos will forever feel marginalised in Nigeria unless serious efforts are made towards reconciliation and there is retribution from the government for the inhumane treatments they received and have continued to receive post civil war (the 20 pounds, abandoned property and indigenization policies enacted after the civil war are the major issues here, not to talk about the war crimes of starvation initiated by Awolowo during the war).

All what I've said is not coming from an emotional point of view but a realistic one.

Why do you think Gowon keeps saying that an igbo needs to be president to right some wrongs? He knows very well our chequered history as a country.

If you know the history of Nigeria as a country then you'll understand what I've said.

So all this cry is about Igbo presidency and not refredum after all, that's interesting.

Anyway as for presidency, the igbos must work very hard for it and not emotional blackmail through threats of secession. PMB with all his might only made it after 3 attempts. I wish you guys good luck.
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Goke7:

So all this cry is about Igbo presidency and not refredum after all, that's interesting.

Anyway as for presidency, the igbos must work very hard for it and not emotional blackmail through threats of secession. PMB with all his might only made it after 3 attempts. I wish you guys good luck.
No way man! Don't tell me that's all you understood from all what I've said!

Who presidency epp?

If that one line is all you could infer from that hearty write up, then I'm sorry, we have no reason to continue to reason.

Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by chris2face(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
pepigeorge:

Hope u get voters' card...

Well u and ur afonjas will correct ur mistakes,
I never made one.....i knew d bigot dullard buhari... I did warn.. u never listened
Bros leave matter ooo I know better now
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by GreyLaw(m): 1:05am On Sep 02, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
No way man! Don't tell me that's all you understood from all what I've said!

Who presidency epp?

If that one line is all you could infer from that hearty write up, then I'm sorry, we have no reason to continue to reason.

Goodnight.

Thank you for not continuing the discussion. It's obvious that many of them do not care for a true "one Nigeria".

Tell them what it takes to build a good and united country; a country where grieviances are sorted out and forgiven; a country where every tongue and tribe is allowed to express themselves, and you see them turn your words downside up. All this in a bid to perpetuate the lopsided status quo.

The bile and hate spewed here on daily basis is enough to burn down any country. However, Nigeria cannot continue to run from fate. One day, soon and very soon, the right thing must be done, or, the citizens will do it by force!
Re: 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:35am On Sep 02, 2016
GreyLaw:

Thank you for not continuing the discussion. It's obvious that many of them do not care for a true "one Nigeria".

Tell them what it takes to build a good and united country; a country where grieviances are sorted out and forgiven; a country where every tongue and tribe is allowed to express themselves, and you see them turn your words downside up. All this in a bid to perpetuate the lopsided status quo.

The bile and hate spewed here on daily basis is enough to burn down any country. However, Nigeria cannot continue to run from fate. One day, soon and very soon, the right thing must be done, or, the citizens will do it by force!
Yea bro. It's sad that most people don't even know our chequered past as a country and those who know have continued to bury their heads in the sand.

Nigerians aren't ready for true unity yet, when they are we will know!

Top of the morning to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'if Fela Durotoye Wins His LGA In February, I Will Dash Out My Iphone X' - Deji / PDP Has Made Ribadu A Laughing Stock? / Meet The First Baby Born In Rivers This New Year, See What Was Done For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.