Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law (11625 Views)

If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

I guess that as scientists, we must clearly define what SPACE is. Should space be defined in terms of the measurable or the immeasurable? Should space be real or abstract? Should space be defined strictly by mathematical descriptions? ...Hm!
Space is the boundless three-dimensional
extent in which objects and events have
relative position and direction. Physical space
is often conceived in three linear dimensions,
although modern physicists usually consider it,
with time, to be part of a boundless four-
dimensional continuum known as spacetime.
So space is real.

LOL. Do you know that this is a classic example of Great Faith! And you know, this Faith isn't bad and neither is it unreasonable.

Your Faith is in the Object of Mathematics: You TRUST the INTEGRITY of Mathematics even though the Answer is in FUTURE.
Don't misinterpret faith for trust. We trust the mathematical method because it has yielded good result which can be trusted and we use it to make predictions.

I don't have faith is science because once a theory is disproved, it is thrown away. But if I had faith then I would still cling to it no matter what. As Carl Sagan would say "Science is not just a body of knowledge, it is a way of thinking" the ability to do away with disproved or unproven theories

Its the same with we Theists:

Our Faith is in the Object of God: We TRUST in the INTEGRITY of God the Creator even though the Answer is in the FUTURE.

We are both men of Great Faith my Friend.
Can God be used to make predictions

You believe in a kind of ! I am a little happy with this information even though I understand your definition of this force as Inanimate. Let me Pray for you pls say AMEN

Father, I ask that You reveal Yourself to this Your son who answers to the name ValentineMary on Nairaland in Jesus Name.

I know you laugh at me right now, I don't mind. God still loves you my Friend.

LOL. Which God ??
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

You are correct. But since there is no reference for comparison, we have to compare with the best of mans best.

What will it take to write an artificial intelligence code with emotion, will , intellect and consciousness starting from the elementary parilces neutrino, positrons, etc

The code complexity of the universe and life is to say the least dounting
Humans write codes that do their will. But does nature obey anybody's will it does not even obey it's own will as you see stars exploding and destroying planets, etc. To me nature is a blind watchman.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2016
raphieMontella:

who then is that god?
Some causasian(jewish) racist in the sky?
Who cares if my daughter steals #100 from me and is ready to burn her eternally for it...
Some sexually perverted islam in the sky?
Who's ready to give me 72 virgins if i blow my self up for him?
Define God man!

Sorry for replying this late..work!

People don't go to hell because they committed sin. They go to hell because they are sinners (nature of sin)

Since you asked for who God is, it is your responsibility not to criticize but to comprehend who Theist (Christians POV) call God.

God is the Master Scientist, Inventor, Designer and Sole Sponsor of the creation of the Spiritual and Physical Universe.

He exists as the First and Original Consciousness not made from Atoms and Molecules.

He set and defined all the rules of interactions between atoms, molecules, time, matter, energy etc.

He made the expanse of the universe as a type of "Garden" for his own pleasure.

He made humans as special: able to exist in both material and immaterial form. He gave the physical universe to man as a parent will give a room to his teenager.

He gave man free will to choose a life of love over a life of hatred. Love your Neigbour as yourself. He gave man the nature to master science and nature.

raphieMontella:

i wont!
I do not do such...never generalize..

Ok. But most people will. I guess I should have used Donald Trump as example. LOL!

raphieMontella:

yes...a caluclated guess may be wrong insincerely and sincerely..i only wanted to show its not shvt!

OK!

raphieMontella:

ive already dealt with this nde issue before...
Until u can prove otherwise...its as good as dead!

You stated your own views and its not the final word!

raphieMontella:

You are good physicist...
Answer this...scientifically..
How can a brain which deals on material frequency be able to recollect experiences of a distinct immaterial being which happened at an immaterial frequency?

theskepticalzone.com/wp/split-brain-patients-and-the-dire-implications-for-substance-dualism/ [/b]

Scientifically, that is difficult, but I'll try

I read the article in the link above and I can see that the author does not understand the nature of the soul because of his fixed biases.

A man is a TRINITY of Body, Soul and Spirit.(like wave-particle duality of matter)
Your Body is Your: Physical Identity
Your Soul is Your: Internal (Personal/Self) Identity
Your Spirit is Your: Spiritual Identity

Most spiritual communication (Spirits Communicating with man)sing lift comes through your spirit (intuition/spontaneous knowledge) and relayed to your soul for processing and further action. (Just like information through your bodies sensory organs gets relayed into your soul).

Think of your soul(will, emotion, intellect) like the Operating System and Associated Application program that needs your Brain (CPU) to control the external peripherals.

By Identity, let's use the electrons duality as an example:
Physical Identity: Mass, Momentum, etc
Wave Identity: Wavelength, Diffraction, interference, etc

raphieMontella:

sincerely..
I believe you know c.80% or more of what we usually term the supernatural are usually undiscovered laws of physics
In truth and in reality...

If I use your statement of undiscovered law of physics, could it be that Atheist Scientists are operating strictly from the "Classical Point of View" in their comprehension of life? (Man exists as a singularity and not a duality/trinity)
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by 0ubenji(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

Faith is NOT blind as you suppose. Faith just simply means Trusting in the Integrity of God and His Words. It is more tangible than you think.

An example: If Dangote promises to give you N10 million naira before the end of the month, won't you start making plans for how you will spend the money? Why, because you trust in his asset and ability to give you even much more.

Guesses well calculated which may actually go tangent to the truth. A person can be sincerely wrong isnt it?

Thebtruth is some of us have experiences which cannot be waived away. The fact that you may not have such kinds of experience does not change the reality. Like, how do you convince a person who has a profound near death experience that he was just hallucinating? Your inexperience in NDE could bias you as an atheist to insist on believing contrary.
OH lawd!..boi..u hit it mehn..
quite strong perspectives u very well raised and dissected thr..
the beauty of this sort of debates ain't in the spoofed assertions of what we deem correct or incorrect..but how well we make convincing expressions of whatever perspective we hold onto..
something appealing to reasoning..

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

Sorry for replying this late..work!
no problemo!

People don't go to hell because they committed sin. They go to hell because they are sinners (nature of sin)
i have verses in your bible which says ur god created some people specially for hell..
Also predestined persons like judas..his killers etc...??

Since you asked for who God is, it is your responsibility not to criticize but to comprehend who Theist (Christians POV) call God.
okay..if it fits the definition of what God who created this universe is supposed to be

God is the Master Scientist, Inventor, Designer and Sole Sponsor of the creation of the Spiritual and Physical Universe.
okay...why God and not Gods?
an analogy...look at an aeroplane...
Why an inventor and not a team of inventors each distinct and specialized in his own field?

He made the expanse of the universe as a type of "Garden" for his own pleasure.
the bolded could lead to a catastrophe!

Ok. But most people will. I guess I should have used Donald Trump as example. LOL!
lol..that trump is one big issue of a man!!!

You stated your own views and its not the final word!
true!..thats why more research is done into the area..

Scientifically, that is difficult, but I'll try
almost impossible if not impossible....but it would not have been so..
If the brain was actually recollecting memories of a material frequency which the brain itself experienced.

I read the article in the link above and I can see that the author does not understand the nature of the soul because of his fixed biases.
na it aint the authors bias...its a skeptic site..
But if u need a more objective source..wiki is there...but u can just to a google search on ''split-brain'' patients to review what im trying to imply

Most spiritual communication (Spirits Communicating with man)sing lift comes through your spirit (intuition/spontaneous knowledge) and relayed to your soul for processing and further action. (Just like information through your bodies sensory organs gets relayed into your soul).
the connection point and such a connection has not been observed by science..
Nor a directive and controller ''soul''

Think of your soul(will, emotion, intellect) like the Operating System and Associated Application program
where's/what's the spiritual identity of the computer?

If I use your statement of undiscovered law of physics, could it be that Atheist Scientists are operating strictly from the "Classical Point of View" in their comprehension of life? (Man exists as a singularity and not a duality/trinity)
it is only natural for science to be skeptical about anything termed ''supernatural'' or ''God''..
If science weren't...we'd still be attributing lightning and thunder to anger of Gods..
U catch?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Would that account for parallel universes? If that is so, then there are dimensions beyond this present multiversal dimension. There is a higher sphere which is beyond "time and space" and God would exist in such an unreachable sphere and thus He would not be subject to the principle of "cause and effect" and it is this dimension that I deem "infinitesimal". Time and motion are the major dimensions of space. All other quantities such as Heat, Entropy, Enthalpy, Kinetics, Light and its rectilinear propagation, Elasticity and quantum fluctuations are dependent of these two fundamental quantities. So, all sub-physical mechanisms which work according to the listed quantities can only be verified in a universe possessing the two fundamental quantities.

You just put in other words my arguments. Kudos Bro
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Read up on the M-theory. Its pure math.

M-theory is too complicated except maybe for those doing PhDs in the field. I know what maths theory says but I am more of an experimentalist than a theoretical mathematician/physicist. I always try to visualize what theory says.

The question of space doesn't look too complex. Rewind just to 10 seconds after the bang and answer these questions.

Was space simultaneously created as the bang occurred? Implication: space is still being created as the universe expands continually.

Just after the bang, were the dispersions moving at the speed of light, moving at infinite speed or moving at the current speed of expansion of the universe? Implication: space can be created only if the dispersions moved at an infinite speed, other than that the implication is that space is still being created as we speak. The energy released would be massive and we would have detected it
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

M-theory is too complicated except maybe for those doing PhDs in the field. I know what maths theory says but I am more of an experimentalist than a theoretical mathematician/physicist. I always try to visualize what theory says.

The question of space doesn't look too complex. Rewind just to 10 seconds after the bang and answer these questions.

Was space simultaneously created as the bang occurred? Implication: space is still being created as the universe expands continually.

Just after the bang, were the dispersions moving at the speed of light, moving at infinite speed or moving at the current speed of expansion of the universe? Implication: space can be created only if the dispersions moved at an infinite speed, other than that the implication is that space is still being created as we speak. The energy released would be massive and we would have detected it
Space is still being created as we speak. The universe is expanding. Before the big bang, nobody knows for sure, although there are many hypotheses.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

Space is the boundless three-dimensional
extent in which objects and events have
relative position and direction. Physical space
is often conceived in three linear dimensions,
although modern physicists usually consider it,
with time, to be part of a boundless four-
dimensional continuum known as spacetime.
So space is real.

I perfectly agree with this.A Singularity may either occupy everywhere or be a subset of space. Time is just a measure of intervals between changes of states within a space.

ValentineMary:

Don't misinterpret faith for trust. We trust the mathematical method because it has yielded good result which can be trusted and we use it to make predictions.

I don't have faith is science because once a theory is disproved, it is thrown away. But if I had faith then I would still cling to it no matter what. As Carl Sagan would say "Science is not just a body of knowledge, it is a way of thinking" the ability to do away with disproved or unproven theories

Yes we use Trust generally for both animate inanimate things while faith is used almost exclusively for a personality.

I have treated Science as a personality because She can make statements through her prophets /priests (Scientists) and the statements are respected.

Yes Faith is a word used for the Trusting of the integrity of a personality. The nature of Science is an advancement of knowledge I.e. science is trusted only to improve on her previous statements and not depreciate in its statement about nature.

ValentineMary:

Can God be used to make predictions

LOL. No one can USE God. He used us! If I have faith in Donald Trump, it doesn't mean I can use him to make predictions. LOL

ValentineMary:

LOL. Which God ??

Did you say AMEN to my Prayer? Since you don't even believe in Him it doesn't cost you anything to concur with the Prayer to God.

Once again: Lord, please open this my Friends heart to comprehend You in Jesus Name. A loud AMEN!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

Humans write codes that do their will. But does nature obey anybody's will it does not even obey it's own will as you see stars exploding and destroying planets, etc. To me nature is a blind watchman.

You got it wrong my Friend.
The laws of Nature are the Codes; God is the Programmer

That has always been the Theists position.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
0ubenji:
OH lawd!..boi..u hit it mehn..
quite strong perspectives u very well raised and dissected thr..
the beauty of this sort of debates ain't in the spoofed assertions of what we deem correct or incorrect..but how well we make convincing expressions of whatever perspective we hold onto..
something appealing to reasoning..

Thanks my Brother. I just wish that most Christians understand the basis of their Faith in Christ.

Certainly, even though we don't walk by sight, Faith is not unreasonable.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Space is still being created as we speak. The universe is expanding. Before the big bang, nobody knows for sure, although there are many hypotheses.

If we use the statement that space is still being created it points us to these:
1. Massive Energies are still being released which should be measurable here on earth.
2. The big bang wasn't instantaneous but a progressive event

The Physical and Energy constituent of Space is expanding may not mean that space is expanding.

It is more logical to say that space is infinite and matter is expanding within the space
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

As a Theist, I believe that both Real and Virtual particle were created simultaneously and from the same source
i mean the virtual particles which come into existence via Q.F
or wait do you mean thats how it was created to be? Like the plan for virtual particles or something?

If our universe was created from the black hole of another universe, it still doesn't change the question of the laws of physics being violated. Its a question of extending time back to the formation of the universe who gave birth to our own dear universe.

If another universe can exist, then, one should NOT doubt the existence of other Consciousness. As Theists, we say God is THE Consciousness the origino-uno of everything.
that other universe which pro'ly gave rise to ours does not necessarily be ''eternal''..

..which is still an unverified THEORY (intelligent postulates)
nope! Its not a postulate
The inflation theory is verified...
Its like this...nigeria plays a match against india and at the end of 90 minutes youre told nigeria won by 1:0..
Its only natural to know that a goal was scored..thats inflation theory..
Also inflation theory predicted Gravitational waves would be in existence...some twenty + years later...(2015/2016) Gravitational waves was confirmed to be in existence

I laughed continuously for 15 minutes on reading this.
lol..for real?

The God we talk about is not subject to time because He is not made from ATOMS and MOLECULES. He is not subject to Gravity because He does not have a mass. He is not subject to the Laws of nature because He WROTE them.
i hope you know this is what ''you(theists)'' deem the god to be..
The starter/starters of the cosmos may not also be the starter/starters of bio life..

We are not bound to the rules of the computer because we made them!
quite true if you only mean that on a mechanical aspect and not a moral aspect..

Does the ATOM look unplanned to you?
How about Chemical Reactions?
How come the laws of Physics are "unchanging"

DNA unplanned?
Cells unplanned?

You know what I see, the smaller you go, the more detailed is the Meticulous rules imposed to govern it behaviour.
what kind of design/plan involves collision of galaxies?
Supernova's exterminating planets?
Natural disasters?
Dying stars ripping planets apart?
Eptomic pregnancies?
Whats the use of Human tail bones?
Design is supposed to be optimal!

How do you know etcivingiving enclosure is not nature made? Building Blocks, Cement, Functionality etc
stars like Fu orionis that started forming in the last century..how do u know that its not vinshu that is not controlling the creation of the star?

You may put your bet on gods however the harmony of the building blocks of the universe suggests ONE designer. Of course, God is a Spirit who has a kingdom of Spirit beings created for His kingdom. Some of the dissidents among them are what some humans call their own god!
?? A computer is made by many persons...but its processes are in harmony oga...
Whats up la?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

Yes the Sumerians
not everything they said they did is through..its sometimes a case of ''finding what you want''..
The stuff im just yet to grasp about them is their knowledge of uranus and neptune...
But if their story is true...those ''aliens'' who supposedly stayed with them for eons of years would have taught them better stuffs like metal refining,,bore holes not stonehedges,,building of sundails with stones thats lame

the Greeks.
the greeks had brains...600BC is close enough for brains to be put to use
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Antiparticle(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Newton's Laws of Motion are only valid in classical physics. They are not valid for quantum physics or before time and space existed. Hence, the premise of your assertion about the big bang is inherently faulty.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Antiparticle:
Newton's Laws of Motion are only valid in classical physics. They are not valid for quantum physics or before time and space existed. Hence, the premise of your assertion about the big bang is inherently faulty.

You summarily dismissed the cross talks here as if your view is finality. Slow down get the gist

I perfectly agree with you, Newtons laws are only valid within Classical physics.
1. The arguments had been that the fundermental laws of physics had a beginning (after the bang).
2. Time existed before the b bang

If things like conservation of energy and mass, law of inertia, laws of entropy etc had a beginning, as Theists we say it points to a Creation. Like if time existed before the bang, what initiated the Bang?

Its like the case of the chicken and the egg, which came first!
Quantum or Classical States, which came first.

Better still, can Quantum States exist without the Classical laws?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
shadeyinka:

You got it wrong my Friend.
The laws of Nature are the Codes; God is the Programmer

That has always been the Theists position.

If u claim God is the programmer, then who programmed God if God can't be programmed, can't we assume same for the universe Can't it be an auto programming ?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by flamingREED(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

And this was the wisdom that made him say that bats are birds, that we should kill stubborn kids, that we should kill unbelievers I guess u have a different definition for wisdom.

Science does not claim to be sure, that's why we still do research. But religion tells us that they are sure their creation story is right. Muslims think they are right, xtians think they are right, Hindus think they are right. But science does not claim to be right and we are the ones speculating abi

What if u die and discover that Omenra is the true God what would be ur fate? u can't just pick one of the 5,000 Gods and ask what if am wrong.

The same way a muslim would say accept Muhammed or be doomed. Why should I believe u over them?

All the Gods humans worship all claim to be living Gods. Why do u think ur own is special
Only a bigger fool would believe that day and night came before the Sun.

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
ValentineMary:

If u claim God is the programmer, then who programmed God if God can't be programmed, can't we assume same for the universe Can't it be an auto programming ?

An Atheist computer talking to a Theist computer: Are you saying we were programmed by humans! Then who programmed the humans?

What an extremely intelligent question? Are humans programmed? Can a computer comprehend reproduction?

Think!

Your question was If God programmed everything who programmed God!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Antiparticle(m): 12:57am On Sep 09, 2016
Quantum mechanics gave way to classical mechanics.

In any case, a creation moment doesn't not imply Yahweh. It could imply multiple gods, or another god, or no god. There's zero introvertible evidence to leap that it implies Yahweh.

shadeyinka:

You summarily dismissed the cross talks here as if your view is finality. Slow down get the gist

I perfectly agree with you, Newtons laws are only valid within Classical physics.
1. The arguments had been that the fundermental laws of physics had a beginning (after the bang).
2. Time existed before the b bang

If things like conservation of energy and mass, law of inertia, laws of entropy etc had a beginning, as Theists we say it points to a Creation. Like if time existed before the bang, what initiated the Bang?

Its like the case of the chicken and the egg, which came first!
Quantum or Classical States, which came first.

Better still, can Quantum States exist without the Classical laws?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:49am On Sep 09, 2016
Antiparticle:
Quantum mechanics gave way to classical mechanics.

In any case, a creation moment doesn't not imply Yahweh. It could imply multiple gods, or another god, or no god. There's zero introvertible evidence to leap that it implies Yahweh.

Even if creation moments implied many gods (which isn't true anyway) the fact that the possibility is logically scientifically possible is OK for me now. The argument for Monotheism is for another day.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:55am On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

not everything they said they did is through..its sometimes a case of ''finding what you want''..
The stuff im just yet to grasp about them is their knowledge of uranus and neptune...
But if their story is true...those ''aliens'' who supposedly stayed with them for eons of years would have taught them better stuffs like metal refining,,bore holes not stonehedges,,building of sundails with stones thats lame

the greeks had brains...600BC is close enough for brains to be put to use

You'll agree with me that its not about brains/intelligence. With my knowledge of Physics and the constellations, I couldn't identify a planet in the sky.

Telescopes were not invented then. Baffling isn't it?

This may actually support the Theists position although not from monotheistic point of view.

If we go by the premise of extraterrestrials teaching men science, you will note that they can only communicate at a level commensurate with the understading of the local inhabitants of a community.

Go to your village and attempt to teach a local farmer the workings of a nuclear reactor.

Side Note:
Do you know that that had been a major problem with the prophets of old. How do you expect John that wrote the Book of revelation of the Bible to describe a Helicopter, a Jet Fighter, smart phones when he saw them in his visions in 30AD? He would probably describe them in terms of the closest to the current technology or mythology.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:15am On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:

i mean the virtual particles which come into existence via Q.F
or wait do you mean thats how it was created to be? Like the plan for virtual particles or something?

Na. I was just implying that real and virtual particles must of necessity appear simultaneously

raphieMontella:

that other universe which pro'ly gave rise to ours does not necessarily be ''eternal''..

If such a universe is not made from the atoms as we know it, time would be irrelevant because time is a function of change in states of matter within space. Eternity is a space where time doesn't exist.

raphieMontella:

nope! Its not a postulate
The inflation theory is verified...
Its like this...nigeria plays a match against india and at the end of 90 minutes youre told nigeria won by 1:0..
Its only natural to know that a goal was scored..thats inflation theory..
Also inflation theory predicted Gravitational waves would be in existence...some twenty + years later...(2015/2016) Gravitational waves was confirmed to be in existence

No theory is complete. The fact that it predicts accurately a physical behavior does not imply that it equally predicts other behaviours. Do you know how many theories of the Atom exists? As scientists whenever a theory is proven to break down, we begin to look for other theories which can explain the departures from reality. Until when it becomes a law, its still a theory.(intelligent postulates)

raphieMontella:

lol..for real?

Oh yea!

raphieMontella:

i hope you know this is what ''you(theists)'' deem the god to be..
The starter/starters of the cosmos may not also be the starter/starters of bio life..

The building blocks for the cosmos is a subset of the building block of life : atoms, molecules, DNA, cells from carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen etc. This suggests the same starter/initiators.

raphieMontella:

quite true if you only mean that on a mechanical aspect and not a moral aspect..

As humans, we don't have the capability of infusing moral characteristics in computers but to the best of our abilities we give the computer SOME humanoid capabilities like long term/short term memory, computation, optical character recognition etc.

Note that our aim is never to invent a humanoid entity that will be so identical to us that it can replace us. So also, God in making us gave us a little of His own nature.

raphieMontella:

what kind of design/plan involves collision of galaxies?
Supernova's exterminating planets?
Natural disasters?
Dying stars ripping planets apart?
Eptomic pregnancies?

LOL! Your understanding of this is confined in a very narrow paradigm indeed.

Have you heard of Constructors and Destructors in programming? What kind of programmer with create a functioning code and destroy it again over and over again is like your argument.

As programmers do you know why this is so? Because we look at the overall goal rather than the individual separate entities of our code. We create global (eternal) variables and we also create local(mortal) variables. A myopic look will see this as waste of resources don't you think so?

The writers of the Film MATRIX seem to understand this as reality

raphieMontella:

stars like Fu orionis that started forming in the last century..how do u know that its not vinshu that is not controlling the creation of the star?

?? A computer is made by many persons...but its processes are in harmony oga...
Whats up la?

The argument for now is not on Polytheism or Monotheism: that is for another day. Sufficient for now is the Theist position of an Intelligent Design and Creation by God/gods.

How about:
Eptomic pregnancies?

Haven't you heard of computer virus before? Theists have all along spoken about malevolent codes (spirit) who corrupted the world. Fallen angels and demons are spiritual equivalence of organic diseases causing micro-orgasm or computer virus/malwares. Aging, Death, corruption of human DNA are all as a consequence...we inherited a mutated gene set as a result of sin.

How about tail bones, male breast, etc so called useless component of the body?

Which is more efficient code re-use, or better still Object Oriented Programming where we have Inheritance and Polymorphism. The same basic code that programmed the Cells, Bilateral symmetries, Dualization of some essential appendages like eyes, ears was used and reused in an object oriented fashion.

So you see my friend. We only attempted to copy our maker who gave us the brains.

You can see that Faith in the Creator isn't Blind, we can actually UNDERSTAND Spiritual Things if only we don't shut it out of our Heart.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

You just put in other words my arguments. Kudos Bro
Thank you for the compliment. One thing we have to consider as regards universal quantities and mechanisms is that "time and motion" are the first of quantities and gave rise to other sub-physical laws. So, the motion law truly works in a pre-created universe as for something to move another thing, itself must be in motion and should take time.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

An Atheist computer talking to a Theist computer: Are you saying we were programmed by humans! Then who programmed the humans?

What an extremely intelligent question? Are humans programmed? Can a computer comprehend reproduction?

Think!

My point is that not everything has to be programmed because it would lead to an infinity chain of programming.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
The predecessing quotes are an argument for another day!:-)
shadeyinka:

Which is more efficient code re-use, or better still Object Oriented Programming where we have Inheritance and Polymorphism. The same basic code that programmed the Cells, Bilateral symmetries, Dualization of some essential appendages like eyes, ears was used and reused in an object oriented fashion.
u didnt answer me..
Whats the use/design of tail bones?
And the design of natural disasters?
And how about the level of junk dna in our system?
All the design we see is consistent with the predictions of a blind mindless designer#nature..
On eptomic pregnancies
you say demons cause this..
This is the reason why i said extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidences but you believe this is far-fetched.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by 0ubenji(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
flamingREED:
lolz..i'm a christian like u too..but ur second pic is ludicrous mehn..
If u bliv every word the Bible says..then it's one of 2 things..
1. You either don't read ur Bible well enuf to see some details of irrefutable dissonance
2. Or u deliberately chose ignorance, hiding under the umbrella of faith..

However, No 2 is a perfect description of religious fanatism..
The very thing I've always and will always fight against.. Which makes the sufferers of this syndrome regard me an atheist..
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by flamingREED(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
0ubenji:
lolz..i'm a christian like u too..but ur second pic is ludicrous mehn..
If u bliv every word the Bible says..then it's one of 2 things..
1. You either don't read ur Bible well enuf to see some details of irrefutable dissonance
2. Or u deliberately chose ignorance, hiding under the umbrella of faith..

However, No 2 is a perfect description of religious fanatism..
The very thing I've always and will always fight against.. Which makes the sufferers of this syndrome regard me an atheist..

I can accompany you to the gates of hell
And ensure you give yourself over to them
If you can't breathe for His truth's sake:

1 Timothy 1
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by 0ubenji(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
flamingREED:

I can accompany you to the gates of hell
And ensure you give yourself over to them
If you can't breathe for His truth's sake:

1 Timothy 1
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
U wanna accompany me to the gates of hell..haha..see heaven's registrar..u're welcome..
I've always known u to keep quoting a barrage of scriptures(U don't understand urself) as a way to debate. I fink ur definition of Christianity is hinged on cramming of scriptures..lolz..I know the kinda churches that groom peeps like you..smh

U obviously skipped the 19th verse of that 1Timothy 1 that says:
19. Holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith
Now, let me help u define conscience

conscience
noun
1. conscience, scruples, moral sense, sense of right and wrong motivation deriving logically from ethical or moral principles that govern a person's thoughts and actions.

2. conformity to one's own sense of right conduct.

U mentioned truth...but u don't seem to knw wat that is..

Hosea 4:6 shud console you brother..may God help you.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
raphieMontella:
The predecessing quotes are an argument for another day!:-)

u didnt answer me..
Whats the use/design of tail bones?
And the design of natural disasters?
And how about the level of junk dna in our system?
All the design we see is consistent with the predictions of a blind mindless designer#nature..
On eptomic pregnancies
you say demons cause this..
This is the reason why i said extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidences but you believe this is far-fetched.

I did answer you!
Tail Bone: I explained using the concept of Object Oriented programming (OOP) a code is reused rather than rebuilt. Encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance are the trade marks. If lower animals were created before man, it is reasonable to reuse the makeup code in an object oriented fashion.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/O/object_oriented_programming_OOP.html

Ectopic pregnancies, Natural Disasters:
What does a computer virus do to a legitimate code? and i explained the nature of the virus: malevolent Codes(spirits)!
DNA:
You call it junk only because you do not know its particular function. The DNA carries a vast library of information so complex that we know just a little fraction of what it stores. Sometimes in a library you find relics that may not make sense even to a modern librarian. imagine finding a feather in a library without connecting that it is a quill pen that should be used with ink for writing.
Tell me that we now understand up to 50% of the functions of the DNA sequences?

On Demons: I don't need to convince you. I just need you to look at the physical examples i have given to describe what can not be scientifically verified and check if it makes sense.

No!, I cant convince you scientifically and can only help you to understand how Theists See things. believe in Spirits and the supernatural is not just about blind faith. No!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
ValentineMary:

My point is that not everything has to be programmed because it would lead to an infinity chain of programming.

You didnt read my earlier posts.
I described God as the Programmer of Everything and you asked the question "who programmed God?" and I gave a parable: to describe your question

shadeyinka:

Think!

[size=28pt]Is the question of the Atheist Computer a logical question?[/size]
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by flamingREED(m): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
0ubenji:

U wanna accompany me to the gates of hell..haha..see heaven's registrar..u're welcome..
I've always known u to keep quoting a barrage of scriptures(U don't understand urself) as a way to debate. I fink ur definition of Christianity is hinged on cramming of scriptures..lolz..I know the kinda churches that groom peeps like you..smh

U obviously skipped the 19th verse of that 1Timothy 1 that says:
19. Holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith
Now, let me help u define conscience

conscience
noun
1. conscience, scruples, moral sense, sense of right and wrong motivation deriving logically from ethical or moral principles that govern a person's thoughts and actions.

2. conformity to one's own sense of right conduct.

U mentioned truth...but u don't seem to knw wat that is..

Hosea 4:6 shud console you brother..may God help you.

Get behind me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prayer For All First Borns!!!(mfm) / My Pentecostal Experience / WHAT IS BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.