Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law (11611 Views)

If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by promise10: 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

See as e be!

As if the God you hate even bother, bro you are just sick. That's my opinion for now, not an insult.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
promise10:

This is the most ILLOGICAL and FOOLISH comment I have EVER seen on NL about God!!

Yes, of course! NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING. It will only require a STRONG faith to believe otherwise.

I DON'T believe that God CAME OUT from nothing! Just wake up from this wicked delusion!

What do you mean by the word "ETERNAL"? Sorry please, but if I may ask, are you sure you went to school?

Eternal means AGELESS, TIMELESS.

See them if God is eternal how do U explain the earth/universe to be 6000 years old? Or let's even go with science how do U explain it to be 13.7biillion years? Meaning trillions and trillions and trillions of years where wasted? Until 6000 years ago?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
promise10:

See as e be!

As if the God you hate even bother, bro you are just sick. That's my opinion for now, not an insult.
I don't have anything to do with God rather I have a problem with religion U get that?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Lets go back to the issue.
The Newtons first law is easy to comprehend. If there is no external force/action, there is no change!

That is, change is always as a result of an external action.
If the Universe is expanding, logic tells us that at a point in time, it must be localized. Theists have an answer for what this force is even if it is impossible to bring the force into the laboratory-GOD.

What is the Atheists explanation?

I doubt if they have any, rather than rely on science to bring an answer someday.
Another thing they forget is that even theists are scientists, and in all their knowledge abt science, they have consistently meet up wit challenges that defiled human explanation.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Immorttal: 12:18am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

I have no objection to the Big bang theory. It is a known fact that the universe is expanding.

I am just using the funder mental laws of physics to probe the origin of the universe, and I am getting a conviction that at some points in time, those laws were violated.

this points me to some other forces which may not be physical. The theists will call that force God.
i love your understanding of the universe. The physical realm is not all there is, and theist who attribute the creation of the universe to God is high on S.K a 'God' who created the universe as vast as it is would still notice you and even need your worship, they even created him with some physical human attributes, a supreme beign,lmao. Aisaiah said that he saw the ancient of days sitting in his throne,his head is white like wool,,,... The above will make you realise that God was created by men.Period
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I don't understand Ur questions but to give U an idea of the singularity n the big bang @ it early stage I'll ask U When U Heat something Eg rubber or even metal what happens?

When you apply an ETERNAL energy/ force to matter, you can expect a change of state or increase in thermal energy of the constituent atoms/ molecules depending on the amount of applied energy!

What's the point?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:36am On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Define God!

Don't you know the answer?

How do you Atheist define God? At least you should be sure of what you deny!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:01am On Sep 04, 2016
SirWere:

None. Absolutely none. However; unless such God(s) are proven; should it not be better to put it out as an open question??

You speak like everything must have a prove before you take your stand about issues: but that is not true! There are many things you believe without the prove of validity. Have you ever been in love? How certain are you about that?

SirWere:

Gnosticism is a position of "I know"

Agnosticism is a position of "I don't know"

Theism is a position "There is a personal God"

Atheism is a position of "There is no God"

I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't really believe in the existence of a god because I DON'T KNOW whether such a divine force exists. Hence; my position is that of an open question; devoid of insults or strawman fallacies.....from both sides.

Are there gnostic atheists or gnostic theists?

I don't know may not be the same as I am not sure neither is it the case of[b] I don't care[/b].

Agnosticism is loosely defined. In your case, it is not that you seek an answer to the existence of God. Yours is a conclusion! The qualification agnostic atheist doesn't hold. You are either an atheist or not!

SirWere:

I do not know YOUR definition of faith; brother. However; I don't subscribe to have the blind faith adherents to religion has.

Faith is just a projection of your Trust in the Integrity of an individual/person/deity/body of knowledge.

SirWere:

Eternity ke You die; you die. The end. No fluffy rainbows or flying horses. We have one life to live. Eternity is a really really long time, you know.

Are you sure? 100% sure?
Since you have never been dead before, that requires an incredible Faith in Science.

SirWere:

Walahi; I don't understand this part.

You are incredibility strong in your Faith. You have never tasted death yet you know for certain that when you die, you cease existing. ..You are so sure that God doesn't exist(never mind the agnostic prefix to your atheism).

If you got it wrong, what a gamble with eternity. You are strong indeed!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:10am On Sep 04, 2016
promise10:

They know ALL thes things, just that most of them simply hate God. That's all!

Yes, they are Gnostic Atheists!
Great faith they have in the god of knowledge!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:15am On Sep 04, 2016
CoolUsername:

That's vacuum energy, bro. It occurs in empty space (nothing).

This is wrong Physics bro!
There is energy-mass duality...no vacuum energy
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:17am On Sep 04, 2016
CoolUsername:

That concerns momentum and position.

Yes! No measurement is exact
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:28am On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Have U not quote this post b4 and then U skiped n decided to come back to quote it again undecided

No! This is fresh!
Newton's Second law is fundermental to physics
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2016
promise10:

This is the most ILLOGICAL and FOOLISH comment I have EVER seen on NL about God!!

Yes, of course! NOTHING COMES FROM NOTHING. It will only require a STRONG faith to believe otherwise.

I DON'T believe that God CAME OUT from nothing! Just wake up from this wicked delusion!

What do you mean by the word "ETERNAL"? Sorry please, but if I may ask, are you sure you went to school?

Eternal means AGELESS, TIMELESS.

If theists should believe that God AT A POINT IN TIME CAME FROM NOTHING, how then can we say that God is AGELESS? Do you even think?

If God AT A POINT IN TIME REALLY CAME FROM NOTHING, it simply means that GOD IS NOT GOD. He is NOT SUPREME! HE HAS AN AGE just like we have 30yrs old, 50yrs old. HE IS NOT ETERNAL! HE IS SUBJECT TO CAUSE AND EFFECT because his existence is as a result of the EFFECT OF A CAUSE.

Please take up the courage and open a thread on this topic. It's gon' be strictly between both of us. Hope you will learn.

In a rhelm where time doesn't exist, doesn't eternity make sense.

In other words in a rhelm where matter does not exist, can time exist?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:36am On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I don't have anything to do with God rather I have a problem with religion U get that?

Is this statement not misleading? Even your NL name says it all...that you hate God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:38am On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

See them if God is eternal how do U explain the earth/universe to be 6000 years old? Or let's even go with science how do U explain it to be 13.7biillion years? Meaning trillions and trillions and trillions of years where wasted? Until 6000 years ago?

What is time?

Can time exist without matter?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Mailthaddeus:

I doubt if they have any, rather than rely on science to bring an answer someday.
Another thing they forget is that even theists are scientists, and in all their knowledge abt science, they have consistently meet up wit challenges that defiled human explanation.

..and honestly, that requires a lot of FAITH.
Atheists feel that only Theists have Faith! How wrong they are!

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Immorttal:
i love your understanding of the universe. The physical realm is not all there is, and theist who attribute the creation of the universe to God is high on S.K a 'God' who created the universe as vast as it is would still notice you and even need your worship, they even created him with some physical human attributes, a supreme beign,lmao. Aisaiah said that he saw the ancient of days sitting in his throne,his head is white like wool,,,... The above will make you realise that God was created by men.Period

Who says God need anyone's worship?
Both the Theists and Atheists have a position of the certainty of knowledge.

Atheists: Absolutely sure the exist no God/ gods
Theists: Absolutely sure God/gods exist

Both with no laboratory proof for God is not subject to the physical laws.

You quoting Isaiah: Don't you know that the language of the spirit to mortals is imagery. There is no fixed form of any personality in the spirit...I forget, you can't understand for now.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Immorttal: 7:46am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Who says God need anyone's worship?
Both the Theists and Atheists have a position of the certainty of knowledge.

Atheists: Absolutely sure the exist no God/ gods
Theists: Absolutely sure God/gods exist

Both with no laboratory proof for God is not subject to the physical laws.

You quoting Isaiah: Don't you know that the language of the spirit to mortals is imagery. There is no fixed form of any personality in the spirit...I forget, you can't understand for now.
i fully understand your last paragraph, oh yeah. I once thought of it,knowledge is what seperates each realm to another. But is it rational to believe that a supreme being would crave worship from error prone humans to the extent of putting them to death if they refuse to worship him? I Am Not Understanding.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

You speak like everything must have a prove before you take your stand about issues: but that is not true! There are many things you believe without the prove of validity. Have you ever been in love? How certain are you about that?

Are there gnostic atheists or gnostic theists?

I don't know may not be the same as I am not sure neither is it the case of[b] I don't care[/b].

Agnosticism is loosely defined. In your case, it is not that you seek an answer to the existence of God. Yours is a conclusion! The qualification agnostic atheist doesn't hold. You are either an atheist or not!

Are you sure? 100% sure?
Since you have never been dead before, that requires an incredible Faith in Science.

You are incredibility strong in your Faith. You have never tasted death yet you know for certain that when you die, you cease existing. ..You are so sure that God doesn't exist(never mind the agnostic prefix to your atheism).

If you got it wrong, what a gamble with eternity. You are strong indeed!

I give up; I cannot argue against someone who would not listen to my stand and prefers to use his own box of reasoning.

I give up.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2016
Immorttal:
i fully understand your last paragraph, oh yeah. I once thought of it,knowledge is what seperates each realm to another. But is it rational to believe that a supreme being would crave worship from error prone humans to the extent of putting them to death if they refuse to worship him? I Am Not Understanding.

No! My God doesn't put anyone in hell because of worship. We go to hell because of our choices and in extension our deeds.

Let me explain!
-God created everything as a garden for his own enjoyment.
-He made Man as a special creation not just to head his physical creations but to be His own special own (next to Him in spiritual rank)
-He gave man a Free will to choose either to be Aligned to Him and His kingdom or Antagonist.(Useful or Not Useful)
-Hell was not designed for humans: It is Gods Refuse Bin/Dump for errant Spirits( Satan, Fallen Angels, Demon..)
-Since Man is principally a Spirit: those who choose to Oppose His kingdom in Alignment with Satan are equally discarded in Gods Refuse Bin
-Since Man through Adam inherited a corrupt spiritual DNA which makes them prone to sin, God prepared a sacrificial substitute for them. For just as there are Physical laws, there are spiritual laws. (Every spirit who violates Gods instructions must be discarded!)
-Its is a choice you make to Appropriate Gods sacrifice for your Atonement

- I know you know this: John3:16

-Being Discarded in Gods Refuse Bin is what is known as : Second Death Rev21:8

-In the Spirit Rhelm unfortunately just like in Dreams, TIME doesn't EXIST.

If you bought an Expensive Self Aware and Conscious PHONE for say for N26 million naira and the Phone Blatantly say he doesn't feel like being used by YOU to make calls, text, browse etc. What will you do?
Would you not after your patience is exhausted, throw it into the refuse dump (after doing all to persuade and rectify the problem) and probably replace it with a cheap TECHNO Phone?
Would it be morally wrong for you to destroy this expensive Phone of Yours?

I guess God is using this medium to call you back home to Him: What will you loose by Aligning Yourself with Gods will? What can you loose?

If Theists are wrong, what do they loose?
BUT
If Atheists are wrong......

I am still open for further questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2016
endtimeshit:
Good point. They even say the Universe is soon going to experience 'The big crunch' which will reduce the universe to a dot in space.for the universe to be crushed, an external force has to be applied. Science would never agree these force is from God..this should make fp
wait wait...
are u equating your supposed almighty god to the laws of physics?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2016
promise10:

You see why I consider most atheists as FOOLISH PEOPLE?

So, that makes it(big-bang) right abi?
If I call u first class mumu now they would say atheist are angry at God. That's why I don't want to open the thread u are begging for until I see u make intelligent statements.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2016
SirWere:

I give up; I cannot argue against someone who would not listen to my stand and prefers to use his own box of reasoning.

I give up.

Sorry Bro if it looks like that. I am listening to you, I guess we look at the same things through different portals.

I just want to show that if the Science we believe in so much has GAPS and uncertainties, should we gamble with our eternity based on it?
If I die today and discover that there is no God and no Eternity, what would i have lost?
On the other hand, if You die in your good old ripe Age and discover that God exists, hell exists and life still exists, what would you gain?

Jesus Saves

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 9:22am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Even though this post is off point, however, you should know that the More VALUABLE a Concept or Commodity is, the more the counterfeits of same that will exist.

There are both Positive and negative spiritual influences in the Universe therefor i expect that there will be deceptions as strategies of war and conflict between them....

I hope you dont belong to the negative camp...the anti-God the creator
You claimed my post is senseless even though some theist even disagree, u went further to make less sense.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

I have no objection to the Big bang theory. It is a known fact that the universe is expanding.

I am just using the funder mental laws of physics to probe the origin of the universe, and I am getting a conviction that at some points in time, those laws were violated.

this points me to some other forces which may not be physical. The theists will call that force God.
Earlier u said ur knowledge of physics is limited then how did u come to the bolded conclusion was it because of ur ignorance? if God is put where we still don't know, then God would be an ever receding pocket of scientific discoveries.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 9:55am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:
Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that:

This brings the question: At time t=0 (before the big bang), was space constituent static? Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".

If that is true, how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?

Sorry, my understanding of Basic Physics is limited.

It takes a greater Faith being an Atheist!
1st scientifically speaking or from the physics point of view there was no time before the big bang..time started from the big bang...and because of the plank's wall physicist don't know what is or what was before the big bang,and as you know physics goes hand in hand with prove,the physicist cannot adopt the notion of I don't know there for it is God....2nd is you are correct the first law was violated by the big bang there could be a force that sets the ball rolling but physicist havent discovered that force and for the note a lot of laws in classical physics have been displaced and disproved when we dabble into quantum physics...for instance it is now known that gravity isn't just a force of attraction and many more...well I too don't know much about physic

And mind you I'm no athiest just try to be objective
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 10:10am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Sorry Bro if it looks like that. I am listening to you, I guess we look at the same things through different portals.

I just want to show that if the Science we believe in so much has GAPS and uncertainties, should we gamble with our eternity based on it?
If I die today and discover that there is no God and no Eternity, what would i have lost?
On the other hand, if You die in your good old ripe Age and discover that God exists, hell exists and life still exists, what would you gain?

Jesus Saves
the pascal's sucker bet,also attributed to rene descartes and the Muslim Ali is a brilliant question to ask but it isn't scientific is it?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

If Scientists cannot be too sure and certain of the origin of the universe, then how can they be sure that there is no "Other Rules/Forces" which may not obey all our physical laws.

Here, you will notice that i talk about probability. If the premise of the Atheist is wrong, would it not be because of an obstinate conclusion of certainty over what has a probability.

if the fundamental law of Physics is broken, then there must be some other un-accounted force in operation. theists will say :that the scientifically unaccounted force is God.
oboi! Go and learn quantum physics...classical physics is a baby!
Quantum physics violates classical physics like abc
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Jesus Saves

You are also hedging a bet.

The probability of your religion being right is also about 0.0002%.

Hence; if you are wrong about Allah; odin; Brahman; Vishnu; you're also going to hell.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Why not drag science into it? An Atheist does not believe in any Scripture, neither does he believe in any spirit. The only way to reach an atheist is through science and logics.
are u so addicted on something?
He said he doesnt know...must he adhere to scripture or science?
Baba think ni
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2016
promise10:

I have told you to open a thread on this unintelligent topic of multiple gods. How I wish you will do so, so that we can know how much we will learn.
if u so want to prove him wrong..what stops u from doing the honors?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2016
ValentineMary:

You claimed my post is senseless even though some theist even disagree, u went further to make less sense.

I am sorry my Sis! How can I even imply that your post is senseless? I am sorry if that's the impression I created. I wanted to say that your post didn't have any direct relevance to the violation of the Newtons second law.

Theoretically, time should exist even before the Big Bang. The laws of Physics both Classical and Quantum should still hold. I was looking at what happened before the Bang.

My theory/ postulate is that if the known laws are valid, then it requires an unaccounted force to initiate the Bang. Isn't it possible that this initiator is God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

It's Christmas Eve! Share Your Experience So Far / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? / Two GB Members Of Jehovah Witnesses Resigns Over Gay Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.