Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. (19141 Views)

At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl / To Those Men Who Want To Progress Financially, Read This And Thank This Lady / Is It Proper To Date Or Marry A Lady That Is More Financially Buoyant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2016
NOTE: This piece is not for those who are not interested in getting married at all. The ones who think marriage is a scam and not necessary to them. It is also not for those who in any way are not ready for marriage at all because they are not mentally ready. This piece is solely directed to the single men out there who are looking to get married one day and have a family of their own, but are putting it on hold because of one "hustle" or the other.

For a very long time now I've been hearing my fellow men talk about this issue. Whenever it's been discussed many of them will say they can't get married until they've made it. They say women are distractions to their life's goals.

But I stand contrary to that belief. You don't need to be financially buoyant before you can decide that you want to get married. By buoyant I mean you don't have to be raking in millions into your account before you can now say you want to tie the knot. It is a very sad thing that this is what majority of single guys think today. We men have put ourselves in a box that has no escape route. If you have a job and a steady income or you're in business and you earn enough that can take care of you, your wife and maybe a child or two why not get married? Especially if you're already engaged to a lady.

Many of us guys give so many excuses why we don't want to get married now and the new one is the recent economic recession affecting the country. Everybody knows things are hard right now, but it doesn't mean you'll stop living your life because you claim you don't have money. Every Saturday people get married and i'm 100% sure 95% of those people don't have their names on Forbes list yet. But they've decided to damn all the odds and get married to the woman they want to spend the rest of their lives with.

It is also an irony that these same guys who said they are hustling and don't want to get distracted by a woman will still spend so much money on drinks and prostitutes. If you're the kind of guy that claims women are distractions but you waste your money on the same women randomly and on drinks then you're your own problem. That money you're wasting you could have saved it up in earnest preparation for your family life. We should stop blaming the women for everything. The truth is that some guys are just not responsible enough.

In my opinion, a person who really doesn't want to be distracted wouldn't even indulge in all those vain activities. You will be totally focused and won't let anything try to obstruct you from achieving those goals. You don't want to get married but you have a child out of wedlock and you're still claiming "hustle" when you've already started a family albeit the wrong way. Who is deceiving who?

I believe that you can have a woman by your side and still pursue your goals. Nothing stops you from getting married and continue your hustle. Besides, the hustle never ends. It's something which you will keep doing till you return back to the soil. I don't think Dangote was a bachelor when he became the richest black man. Good luck jonathan was still a lecturer when he married his woman. And so many other examples. Women are only distractions to men when they are too much around you or when the one you have doesn't support you enough. If you have a good woman by your side and you're earning income through any means why not start your family?

For those who believe in luck and destiny we should have it in mind that everyone's destiny is not the same. That your friend became successful at a young age doesn't mean that's when your own success will come. We all have our stories. There are people that began to experience a new twist in their life the moment they tied the knots. That woman could just be the good luck charm you needed or the one that will give you that very brilliant advise that will help you land that contract or promotion in the office which will turn things around for you.

Finally, it seems that many of us guys don't think of our future but only for the present. In any way we live our lives we should have it in mind that there are people it will definitely affect. You are saying you don't want to marry now until you "hammer" but you spend thousands flexing oloshos and drinking stupïdly, then when you're 40 you get married finally to a young girl who will give you kids and then before you hit 60 kidney problem starts. Your first child is not even up to 20 and your wife will become a very young widow. Is that the kind of future you want to have? To be driving your 10 year old son to primary school while you're already old and weak.

Even if you don't flex and all that, it's just always better to have your children at a young age. They'll grow up with you and become your best friends. At a reasonable age you'll even have grand kids while you're still very much alive and young. When you marry late and die early your wealth may die with you and all the hustle and sweat will go to waste.

So my fellow men out there who are confused to take the next step. Don't be confused anymore. If you're earning something and you have a woman who has ticked all your boxes please go ahead and put the ring on her finger. Stop wasting her time!!!

If you never get, go find your own ASAP!!!

Lalasticlala if this is worthy of front page please help me take it there. Thanks.

38 Likes 17 Shares

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
Behind every successful man is a woman cool

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by EMPERORLEEE(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by charijee(f): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2016
Is someone planning on getting married? cheesy

Another someone needs to see this wink
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 11:51am On Sep 03, 2016
charijee:
Is someone planning on getting married? cheesy

Another someone needs to see this wink
Lemme goan call him. grin

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by charijee(f): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
naijaboiy:

Lemme goan call him. grin
Amebo! cheesy....call who?
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Very valid points. You don't have to be rolling in money before you decide to settle down. But, having a steady a source of income will not suffice, you also need sufficient savings, especially during this tumultuous times where keeping your job is not guaranteed. So it's still important to "hustle" in order to be buoyant enough during hard times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2016
charijee:
Amebo! cheesy....call who?
"Him" na! grin
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by polariss(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
for some reasons some things are just precedents to others.like getting a house before a car,capital before a business,reliable source of income before marriage

this is Nigeria,abyss of hell.how is a family man on a meager 30k thrive in responsibilities st this point in time?

how many nigerian women can stick to the average Emeka,dayo and adamu till they make it?

tying nuptial knots, without finance or a potent source of finance is like asking a nigerian girl to give your car with a flat tire a push.most of them are on high heels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Laveda(f): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
Be like Dee don dey prep grin

You've said well, but nowadays not every girl is ready to settle with guys earning little undecided
They'll always want their wedding and trad. Marriage to be the talk of the town, this can only work when you find that woman who's meant for you, else nothing would come outta it..

Only a good woman and a responsible well thinking man can make this work afterall.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Smellymouth: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice piece bro..The truth must be said and you have said it all..

Naijaboiy just wan spoil market for some naija ladies.. grin

The way some ladies will enter and leave this thread ==>

The way some looks at naijabouy==>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4190745_angry_jpege1724d0f0469e2374d2f8d329142a998

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by charijee(f): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
naijaboiy:

"Him" na! grin
I didn't mention "him" in my post

So, are we gathering soon for Owambe? grin

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
Naijaboy,

This is a great, well written and educational piece. I agree with your premise.

To be honest, I think to certain extent, women are partly the reason many men reason like that--ie; money before women.

Women of nowadays to be exact--who want to "keep up with the Karda...."....

And, perhaps the economic rationale--as raising a family is terribly expensive these days.

In the earlier days of our grand parents and parents, things were much different.

My uncle has a very successful business; but he was married wayyyyy before he became successful.

My dad married my mother before he even dreamed about a way of steady income. But she stayed, they got "there" together.

I keep telling young men who think "money before women": just find a good woman by your side to help you get there, then enjoy it with her. Then you are certain about the quality of woman you have and you have a memory to share with--the memory of the hustling days when all you had was each other and LOVE.

That's better than raking in the dough, and get one chick whom is probably attracted to your money; the risk is; if you go broke in your marriage, you are in trouble because she may just pack and leave. That's the problem, you are not certain the woman you get the money loves you or the money and things you can get her.

Anyway, good piece. A word is enough for the wise (men) out there thinking they have to make before getting married.

Unfortunately, though, If you find a woman today who is willing to dig up the dirt with you, consider yourself finding rare element or the proverbial "needle in haystack".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by SweetieConstie(f): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice piece, Naijaboiy... cheesy

Thumbs up! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
I couldn't even finish reading this. The OP failed to know that there's a vast difference between, "when a man sees a woman as a means of entertainment, and when he sees them as his equal".

And I never knew there's a right way for one to have baby or start to family

Beside OP how many married couple do you have as friend(s)? I'm curious to know.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by iykekelvins(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice one.

All I know is as long as you can take care of your family, you can get married.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
iykekelvins:
Nice one.

All I know is as long as you can take care of your family, you can get married.
Doesn't taking care of ones family mean one is 'financially buoyant?'.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by iykekelvins(m): 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Doesn't taking care of ones family mean one is 'financially buoyant?'.
Yeah, it is.

But from the write-up; he said buoyant doesn't mean you have to be ranking in millions.

You could have a business that earns you at least enough to cater for the family.

6 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by SweetPoison22: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Naijaboiy, nice one! Your head is correct bro!

BTW, i saw miimzy viewing this thread. Welcome back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
iykekelvins:
Yeah, it is.

But from the write-up; he said buoyant doesn't mean you have to be ranking in millions.

You could have a business that earns you at least enough to cater for the family.
Then from the write-up you should know the OP isn't abreast of what is happening in today's Nigeria.

Having enough to carter for ones family isn't even enough nowadays, especially as nothing is even stable.

Then again, when one see glaringly that what he earns isn't enough to carter for his family immediate needs, then one will know 'finance' play a major role in not just marriage or family matters, but every facet of nigerian existence, because Nigeria, is a money centred society where people worship money.

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by ayusco85(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
What a piece from an unusual suspect. Lol. What inspired this write up? It's either u are thinking abt marriage or u are trying to inspire someone or convince someone to get married, so u are trying to get public opinion.

But it's a nice piece. Once u ve a steady income and have a plan for a bright future, u need to take the leap and wife Ur good gf.

Key words: good gf, steady income, emotionally matured and ready for marriage, fear of God, and medically fit

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by ayusco85(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Nigeria, is a money centred society where people worship money.

True Story
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by iykekelvins(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Then from the write-up you should know the OP isn't abreast of what is happening in today's Nigeria.

Having enough to carter for ones family isn't even enough nowadays, especially as nothing is even stable.

Then again, when one see glaringly that what he earns isn't enough to carter for his family immediate needs, then one will know 'finance' play a major role in not just marriage or family matters, but every facet of nigerian existence, because Nigeria, is a money centred society where people worship money.
So, men should remain bachelors because they don't have enough yet?

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
ayusco85:

True Story
Hmm. This is more than 'True story' bro. If there's another word I can use apart from 'cinch' then I'd use it.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
iykekelvins:
So, men should remain bachelors because they don't have enough yet?
Nope! Men should do according to what their heart desire, any man who wants to get married should know the onus fall on him to do whatever he it takes, as if he hasn't come to know that money solves almost 80% of a man's problem (Nigerian man) then I'm afraid he's going to find himself answering questions from his kids, and if care is not taken, his wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by iykekelvins(m): 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Nope! Men should do according to what their heart desire, any man who wants to get married should know the onus fall on him to do whatever he it takes, as if he hasn't come to know that money solves almost 80% of a man's problem (Nigerian man) then I'm afraid he's going to find himself answering questions from his kids, and if care is not taken, his wife.
Ok, I get you now.
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by falconey(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
I disagree, first of all the value of money has depreciated due to inflation, what 500,000k could do last year you will be need 1.5m-2m to do it now.

you'll need to be Financially buoyant, swim in millions to at least Carter for yourself and your family for the next 10years no matter the change in government policy and global economy, unless of course your fiancée is ready to support in resource generation,management and solvency.

"It is also an irony that these same guys who said they are hustling and don't want to get distracted by a woman will still spend so much money on drinks and prostitutes. If you're the kind of guy that claims women are distractions but you waste your money on the same women randomly and on drinks then you're your own problem"

funny post, naijaboiy please modern economist(myself) will bash you for this, because I don't spend on what you believe is right doesn't mean I'm wasting my resources(money). we have two major spenders the normative spenders like yourself according to your funny post and me the positive/scientific spender. if I spend on drinks and prostitutes I am being practical because of the benefit i'll derive from them which may go against your norm. and that doesn't mean it is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by falconey(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by naijaboiy: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
Laveda:
Be like Dee don dey prep grin

You've said well, but nowadays not every girl is ready to settle with guys earning little undecided
They'll always want their wedding and trad. Marriage to be the talk of the town, this can only work when you find that woman who's meant for you, else nothing would come outta it..

Only a good woman and a responsible well thinking man can make this work afterall.
That's why I stated that if you're with a good woman then go ahead.

I thought you girls say we still have good girls who don't care about money that much. Abi na joke? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by joseph1832(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
iykekelvins:
Ok, I get you now.
Bro, I'm glad you do. If you earn a living, and what you earn isn't even enough to carter for your own very need(s) then my friend, you shouldn't be thinking of even getting married, or having a kid.

Spending money on women is not the same as spending money on a family. As spending money on women isn't an everyday thing, but spending money on family is a life time endeavour.

Marriage and having kid(s) is a life time investment. You should ask any married couple you know how much they spend on pampers and baby food alone for a start. grin

1 Like

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by iykekelvins(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=joseph1832 post=49037325]Bro, I'm glad you do. If you earn a living, and what you earn isn't even enough to carter for your own very need(s) then my friend, you shouldn't be thinking of even getting married, or having a kid.

Spending money on women is not the same as spending money on a family. As spending money on women isn't an everyday thing, but spending money on family is a life time endeavour.

Marriage and having kid(s) is a life time investment. You should ask any married couple you know how much they spend on pampers and baby food alone for a start. grin

Re: You Don't Have To Be Financially Buoyant To Get Married. by Laveda(f): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
naijaboiy:

That's why I stated that if you're with a good woman then go ahead.

I thought you girls say we still have good girls who don't care about money that much. Abi na joke? grin

Yes we have nau.., but in this Era? We all do grin

Dominique this is worth Fp ma'am, don't you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Had Your First Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / Do Women Also Experience Konji The Way We Men Does / The Challenges Of Loving And Marrying A Physically Challenged Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.