Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Anglican Church Suspends Ogboni Member - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Church Suspends Ogboni Member (820 Views)

I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Church Suspends Ogboni Member by shinystar(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Anglican Christian Fellowship Nigeria has suspended one of its members for "fraternising with Ogboni".

It also threatened to expel others if they fail to renounce membership of cult groups, disclosing that many belonging to cult societies in the church are under investigation.

The Anglican Christian Fellowship (ACF) however failed to reveal the identity of the suspended member and those under investigation.

It vowed necessary steps would be taken upon conclusion of investigations.

National President of ACF, Bro Henshaw Adetoye disclosed these in Ijebu - Ode, Ogun State in his address at the ongoing 4th annual convention of the group.

Adetoye lauded the "whistle blower" for exposing cult membership in the church.

The convention tagged "Jesus Christ our solid foundation" was declared opened on Saturday by the Archbishop of Ondo Ecclessiatical Province, Joel Lasebikan.

Bishop of Ijebu Diocese, Anglican Church, Nigeria Ayodele Awosoga hosted the fellowship.

Adetoye, who reiterated the church’s zero tolerance for Ogboni or cult membership, warned that anyone found culpable upon conclusion of the investigations will be shown the way out.

According to him: "I have received reports that some members are fraternising with members of Ogboni or cult groups contrary to our constitutional provisions.

“Investigation on this is still ongoing and the member concerned has been suspended indefinitely pending final determination of the case.

http://naijachurchnews.com/3802-2/

(1) (Reply)

The End Is Around The Corner! (this Is My Dream...) / Anglican Church Seeks Descendants Of Ajayi Crowther / RCCG Promoting Money Doubling (MMM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.