Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6185769 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
News Just in

NAIROBI, Kenya, Jul 27 – Kenya has been ranked the third most innovative country in sub-Saharan Africa. The United Nations’ Global Innovation Index 2017 places Kenya third after South Africa and Mauritius.
The index which is in its 10th edition surveys some 130 economies using dozens of metrics, from patent filings to education spending providing decision makers a high-level look at the innovative activity that increasingly drives economic and social growth. According to the report, sub-Saharan Africa draws its highest scores in institutions and market sophistication. “Since 2012, sub-Saharan Africa has counted more “innovation achiever” countries than any other region. Kenya, Rwanda, Mozambique, Uganda, Malawi, Madagascar and Senegal stand out for being innovation achievers this year, and several times in the previous years,” the survey indicates. Globally, Switzerland leads the ranking for the seventh consecutive year, followed by Sweden, the Netherlands, the USA and the UK. Kenya is ranked number 80 globally, outperforming her development- level peers. China is the exception at 22, in 2016; China became the first-ever middle-income economy in the top 25. Israel continues to cement its status as a leader of global innovation according to the index. For the seventh consecutive year, Israel topped the innovation index’s category for northern Africa and western Asia. The Jewish state ranked 17th overall in the report’s group of high-income countries, improving its standing by four places from 2016. The Global Innovation Index 2017 is co-published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO, a specialized agency of the United Nations). “Efforts to bridge the innovation divide have to start with helping emerging economies understand their innovation strengths and weaknesses and create appropriate policies and metrics,” said Soumitra Dutta, Dean, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University. The theme of the GII 2017, “Innovation Feeding the World,” looks at innovation carried out in agriculture and food systems. Over the next decades, the agriculture and food sector will face an enormous rise in global demand and increased competition for limited natural resources. In addition, it will need to adapt to and help mitigate climate change. Innovation is key to sustaining the productivity growth required to meet this rising demand and to helping enhance the networks that integrate the sustainable food production, processing, distribution, consumption, and waste management known as food systems. “We are already witnessing the rapid, worldwide emergence of ‘digital agriculture,’ which includes drones, satellite-based sensors, and field robotics,” said Bruno Lanvin, INSEAD Executive Director for Global Indices. Lanvin noted that there is an urgent need for smart agriculture to optimize supply and distribution chains and foster creative new business models that minimize pressure on land, energy and other natural resources – while addressing the needs of the world’s poorest.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

angry how about removing the TPLF?
That is what we are trying to do. Do you know that some Amharas and Oromos have started armed struggle to depose the cancer TPLF.
1. Wollo Amhara resistance
2. Gondar Amhara resistance
3. North Shewa Amhara resistance
4. Gojjam Amhara resistance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAJEaYch2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wKA1jTdazE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFHw3ZWL98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRmGO4MLSJM
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fidha254:
Make clear statements

We are on steroids as Nigerians love to say of their nation
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Massage? Like how
I think he meant messengers... grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fidha254:
News Just in

NAIROBI, Kenya, Jul 27 – Kenya has been ranked the third most innovative country in sub-Saharan Africa. The United Nations’ Global Innovation Index 2017 places Kenya third after South Africa and Mauritius.

More good news ..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Massage? Like how

It was incomplete... Wen given birth... D doctors do touch ' d no go areas on a normal day.'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BedLam: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

I understand, but as far as l'm concerned the potential is there and they are growing at a very fast rate. But then name three African countries with the greatest potential of becoming a world powerhouse, leaving Nigeria out of this.
I would pick Southafrica, Egypt and Ethiopia respectively.
Every country has the potential haha. What's Ethiopia developing if I may ask ? In terms of science and technology ? Human development ?
Like I said, every country has the "potential".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Isahalbash:

It was incomplete... Wen given birth... D doctors do touch ' d no go areas on a normal day.'
@Tyser do you understand this bro grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

That is what we are trying to do. Do you know that some Amharas and Oromos have started armed struggle to depose the cancer TPLF.
1. Wollo Amhara resistance
2. Gondar Amhara resistance
3. North Shewa Amhara resistance
4. Gojjam Amhara resistance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtAJEaYch2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wKA1jTdazE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFHw3ZWL98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRmGO4MLSJM

Wawawa, wenedem! looks like its about to go down in our neighbor. The Shewa are so psyched up cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

We are on steroids as Nigerians love to say of their nation
uh! I feel like at this point in time, we are in a situation where this country is a about to really take off in a way that we will not stop
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Isahalbash:

Got it now. cheesy grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
mtis:

@Tyser do you understand this bro grin

I got it he means doctors touch the private areas of women during childbirth which they wouldnt under normal circumstances cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fidha254:
News Just in

The index which is in its 10th edition surveys some 130 economies using dozens of metrics, from patent filings to education spending providing decision makers a high-level look at the innovative activity that increasingly drives economic and social growth. According to the report, sub-Saharan Africa draws its highest scores in institutions and market sophistication. “Since 2012, sub-Saharan Africa has counted more “innovation achiever” countries than any other region. Kenya, Rwanda, Mozambique, Uganda, Malawi, Madagascar and Senegal stand out for being innovation achievers this year, and several times in the previous years,” the survey indicates. Globally, Switzerland leads the ranking for the seventh consecutive year, followed by Sweden, the Netherlands, the USA and the UK. Kenya is ranked number 80 globally, outperforming her development- level peers. China is the exception at 22, in 2016; China became the first-ever middle-income economy in the top 25. Israel continues to cement its status as a leader of global innovation according to the index. For the seventh consecutive year, Israel topped the innovation index’s category for northern Africa and western Asia. The Jewish state ranked 17th overall in the report’s group of high-income countries, improving its standing by four places from 2016. The Global Innovation Index 2017 is co-published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO, a specialized agency of the United Nations). “Efforts to bridge the innovation divide have to start with helping emerging economies understand their innovation strengths and weaknesses and create appropriate policies and metrics,” said Soumitra Dutta, Dean, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University. The theme of the GII 2017, “Innovation Feeding the World,” looks at innovation carried out in agriculture and food systems. Over the next decades, the agriculture and food sector will face an enormous rise in global demand and increased competition for limited natural resources. In addition, it will need to adapt to and help mitigate climate change. Innovation is key to sustaining the productivity growth required to meet this rising demand and to helping enhance the networks that integrate the sustainable food production, processing, distribution, consumption, and waste management known as food systems. “We are already witnessing the rapid, worldwide emergence of ‘digital agriculture,’ which includes drones, satellite-based sensors, and field robotics,” said Bruno Lanvin, INSEAD Executive Director for Global Indices. Lanvin noted that there is an urgent need for smart agriculture to optimize supply and distribution chains and foster creative new business models that minimize pressure on land, energy and other natural resources – while addressing the needs of the world’s poorest.
This is good, and l've observed you Kenyans keep talking about this report, but note that it has more to do with policies from Government supporting innovations. The people who make this research focus more on the enabling environment for innovators and plans for innovation in the country. From the same report you can read this.....
Public policy plays a pivotal role in creating an enabling environment conducive to innovation. In the last two years, we have seen important activities around the GII in India like the formation of India’s high-level Task Force on Innovation and consultative exercises on both innovation policy and better innovation metrics,” said Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry.

The Islamic Republic of Iran (75th overall) excels in tertiary education, ranking second in the world in number of graduates in science and engineering. Tajikistan (94th) is first in the world in microfinance loans, while Kazakhstan (78th) ranks first globally in pupil‐teacher ratio and third in ease of protecting minority investors.

You can see that it has more to do with support for innovation and investors.
Not Downplaying your achievement which is great, just setting the records straight.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

What? Its not slight
I think it's. If not, wenedem please correct me?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fidha254:
uh! I feel like at this point in time, we are in a situation where this country is a about to really take off in a way that we will not stop

I think we took off around 2009 hopefully no going back

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Please Ednite. This is why I hate totalitarianism. Why cant you guys change some of these things?

They do this in order to make Ethio telecom profitable and to use the money directly for ET development. And plus, if foreign telecoms like vodafone enter, they will not go down to the least developed cities and work.

I just wish we have other local telecoms so they could compete and make us grow.

Compitition is always a driver
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Bro, that's if we don't disintegrate.
I'm confident it will not disintegrate. Even if it's disintegrate, it only be disintegrated into two(Nigeria and Bafiar). Am I correct?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

I think it's. If not, wenedem please correct me?

I think you looked at restaurants only. Scroll down to markets and start from there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

I'm confident it will not disintegrate. Even if it's disintegrate, it only be disintegrated into two(Nigeria and Bafiar). Am I correct?
No, if it disintegrates, it may disintegrate into 5-12 parts, at least 5.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
mtis:

sometimes back

Sometimes back. Ethiopia is sleeping, that's why we are still strugling with what happened sometimes back in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

How Nigeria? Replace that with another country. cheesy
Ok
SA or Algeria or Egypt or Ethiopia or Congo(Congo is the richest country in the world based on resources).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

No, if it disintegrates, it may disintegrate into 6-12 parts, at least 6.
Oh it looks bad like ours cry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

No, if it disintegrates, it may disintegrate into 5-12 parts, at least 5.

5?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.... that's too much.
but, I don't think it'll disintegrate...........everyone is clamoring for restructuring now.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

He had similar health issues as president but never left because he's mannered. Buhari on the other hand is on pilgrimage for months and doesnt give a damn

Are you somehow related to Lai Muhammed? You two have a lot in common.

He left the country for london when he had that health issue .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwai_Kibaki

See what your fellow countrymen has to say.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Isahalbash:

Ode... See dis didiringrin you tink say abi robot wey dem don programmed to dey perform specific function wit remote control.

U better visit any programmer mk him re-programme ur brain.

Besides, y can't just answer d simple question instead of behaving lyk ur brodas Isis ND boko haram?
You have just prove the level of ur ignorance is at peak. dd
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Wawawa, wenedem! looks like its about to go down in our neighbor. The Shewa are so psyched up cheesy
Oh good they feel like that.

I never watched the videos. You know why? BECAUSE OF ETHIOPIA INTERNET.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

Are you somehow related to Lai Muhammed? You two have a lot in common.

He left the country for london when he had that health issue .

See what your fellow countrymen has to say.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....... u wicked o, lai muhammed of all people.
I heard someone say....if u put 10 mics in front of lai, he'll tell 10 diff lies to the 10 mics at once. stewpid man. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Omoluabi16(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

No sir, if it does it will likely be into 5 regions.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
shervydman:

5?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.... that's too much.
but, I don't think it'll disintegrate...........everyone is clamoring for restructuring now.
It wouldn't disintegrate, but if it does there is...
Arewa, oduduwa, Biafra, Middle Belt, Niger Delta.
And these groups are large enough to disintegrate even further if they want especially Niger Delta (or south south) and the Middle Belt.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Thousands of private citizens fly outside for medical care as a matter of choice, not that those services are unavailable. However, when someone is president you dont fly outside like a private citizen for medical care! You have a effin country to run.

But your president did just that when he had health issue.

He left the country for London.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

They do this in order to make Ethio telecom profitable and to use the money directly for ET development. And plus, if foreign telecoms like vodafone enter, they will not go down to the least developed cities and work.

I just wish we have other local telecoms so they could compete and make us grow.

Compitition is always a driver

Many firms will compete to provide services even to the least developed cities. One firm will not do that especially if it is govt run.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.