Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6199701 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigeria has enough problem to worry about external forces. Biafrans and the usual muslim-christian schism is enough. You just need a few yrs of oil price tumbling down - for recession to kick in - and for Nigeria to go neck to neck.

As of now - your giant cannot defend itself against Boko haram - leave alone well disciplined and resourced force like Kenya.

our own is to get ready for the next world war...not for another black nation or your own people....

boko are our people...biafrans are our people too....

you have the same situation too...dont think we nigerians dont read...we know whats going on in kenya too......
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
kikuyu1:

My goodness,but negro WTF do you get this ishyt!? I doubt you even pulled this anti logical bleating from out your arse!?
Give me the name of the man who started safaricom(Kenya's biggest company) if he is not a foreigner, I'll leave this thread. Likewise Möbius and nakumatt. Where's the lie in my post. And Kenya telecom belongs to a company founded by Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
It matters. That is why upto now you're ruled by Generals. Because under-paid low motivated army is dangerous. You've had many disastrous years under generals including the Sani Abacha. Our kenyan military are so well paid - they can't even think about getting out of barracks - which is why we have enjoyed peace for all those yrs - save for 1 day mutiny in 1982 - that was crushed in matters ours.

Again our military force is well paid, well disciplined and one of best worldwide.

How can giant have budget of 1.5B dollars for a military force that defend 200M people grin grin

Again don't over-cook your GDP.

justtoodark:

and does it realy matter....??

let me ask you something....

was that area you call kenya today not conquered and colonized too...??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=shervydman post=66962279][/quote]so the city 9 completed skyscrapers by year end? even more
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
It matters. That is why upto now you're ruled by Generals. Because under-paid low motivated army is dangerous. You've had many disastrous years under generals including the Sani Abacha.

How can giant have budget of 1.5B dollars for a military force that defend 200M people grin grin

we are a militaristic nation....ofcourse a general will be leader....duhhh....

me,am even against any civilian becoming president....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Safaricom was not started by a foreign. It was started as dept of Kenya Telkom with vodafone (strategic partner) owning 40%; and kenya gov (60%). The shareholding is still roughly that way. Vodafone 40%; Public (IPO) -25% and Gov of Kenya (35%).
obaaderemi:
Give me the name of the man who started safaricom(Kenya's biggest company) if he is not a foreigner, I'll leave this thread. Likewise Möbius and nakumatt. Where's the lie in my post. And Kenya telecom belongs to a company founded by Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
You're smart sometimes - and that I think is the smart thing to do - without Nigerian army stepping up - when Oil hit the fan (and it's hitting soon if you've been reading news) - Nigerians will have a go at each other - and military has to step in.

Just draw a scenario where oil is being sold for 10 dollars a barrell...and gov revenue is 90% from that oil...that would mean your 30B dollar budget....will drop by 6% to 5B dollars! grin grin

Nigeria gov will collapse...and there will be free chaos...with 200M people blaming each other. Biafrans & Muslim north will start going at each other.

So yes the future of Nigeria for me is a military rule....just keeping law and order by force.

justtoodark:

we are a militaristic nation....ofcourse a general will be leader....duhhh....

me,am even against any civilian becoming president....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Safaricom was not started by a foreign. It was started as dept of Kenya Telkom with vodafone (strategic partner) owning 40%; and kenya gov (60%). The shareholding is still roughly that way. Vodafone 40%; Public (IPO) -25% and Gov of Kenya (35%).
ok fine, give us the names of the founders. Also what of Kenya telecoms belonging to Helios( a private equity investment firm founded by Nigerians)? This is not a big deal though, it's just ironic because you always say Nigeria knows nothing aside oil.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigeria has enough problem to worry about external forces. Biafrans and the usual muslim-christian schism is enough. You just need a few yrs of oil price tumbling down - for recession to kick in - and for Nigeria to go neck to neck.

As of now - your giant cannot defend itself against Boko haram - leave alone well disciplined and resourced force like Kenya.

loooolll Nigeria wud annihilate Kenya from existence if there's war , don't even go there
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:

since when is telkom and vodafone african words....?? or kenyan...??

they way i see it,kenya is under siege by foreigners....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
The founders were Telkom(Kenya)+Vodafone(UK). I think you're looking for Michael Joseph who was appointed the CEO around 2007 and turned around Safaricom - then Airtel Kenya (now) was bigger and Safaricom was struggling due to Telkom.

Hellios came to kenya and like all nigeria fools - they've burn the petro-dollars! That is what Nigeria do anyway - get petro-dollars and waste - Hellios made a smart investment in Equity Bank - then cashed out - and invested in a dying company - Telkom Kenya.

I mean how do you buy Telkom Kenya - the french Orange made an exit like everyone else - and now Hellios are burning money like combusition engine burning oil.

Daejoyoung:

ok fine, give us the names of the founders. Also what of Kenya telecoms belonging to Helios( founded by Nigerians)? This is not a big deal though, it's just ironic because you always say Nigeria knows nothing aside oil.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
It matters. That is why upto now you're ruled by Generals. Because under-paid low motivated army is dangerous. You've had many disastrous years under generals including the Sani Abacha. Our kenyan military are so well paid - they can't even think about getting out of barracks - which is why we have enjoyed peace for all those yrs - save for 1 day mutiny in 1982 - that was crushed in matters ours.

Again our military force is well paid, well disciplined and one of best worldwide.

u are always hyping stupid hype , best worldwide? which world?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
You should have kept quiet and pretend you didn't see the post.

Michael Joseph reveals that he started Safaricom
at Norfolk apartment

https://kenyannews.co.ke/business-news/michael-joseph-reveals-that-he-started-safaricom-at-norfolk-apartment/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
The founders were Telkom(Kenya)+Vodafone(UK). I think you're looking for Michael Joseph who was appointed the CEO around 2007 and turned around Safaricom - then Airtel Kenya (now) was bigger and Safaricom was struggling due to Telkom.

Hellios came to kenya and like all nigeria fools - they've burn the petro-dollars! That is what Nigeria do anyway - get petro-dollars and waste - Hellios made a smart investment in Equity Bank - then cashed out - and invested in a dying company - Telkom Kenya.

why do you think we still allowed south africans companies to stay in nigeria....??

nigerians piss me off with their pan africana nonesense....i hate it....

nigeria should be another continent and separate from other blacks...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
That obviously is nonsense.He was just vodafone employee who was sent down to Nairobi - long after Safaricom was running.
obaaderemi:
You should have kept quiet and pretend you didn't see the post.
Michael Joseph reveals that he started Safaricom
at Norfolk apartment

https://kenyannews.co.ke/business-news/michael-joseph-reveals-that-he-started-safaricom-at-norfolk-apartment/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
jason14:
loooolll Nigeria wud annihilate Kenya from existence if there's war , don't even go there

like,dont let us regret beating you up out of anger and frustration...

this kenyans seem to dont even know how angry a nigerian can get....

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
justtoodark:

since when is telkom and vodafone african words....?? or kenyan...??

they way i see it,kenya is under siege by foreigners....
lol them and south Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
jason14:
lol them and south Africa

their are both under siege....

and they get angry because other africans are coming to compete with them about the little they get from the whites....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
South African are a little smart - at least when they get to Nairobi - they quickly cut their losses and ran. But Nigeria - all their banks are seriously burning capital - Hellios just got dupped by the French and bought a shell for I think 300M usd. The thing they bought has no chance in hell - and they've sunk more and more money. I think at end of it - Hellios would have dug 1B dollar hole in Kenya.
justtoodark:

why do you think we still allowed south africans companies to stay in nigeria....??

nigerians piss me off with their pan africana nonesense....i hate it....

nigeria should be another continent and separate from other blacks...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Kenya military are some of most sought after UN PEACE KEEPERS and they train with British Army. British Army has huge training base in Kenya.
[img]https://serfca.files./2012/04/kenya-end-ex.jpg[/img]

you are comparing...does it matter to you who piss or shitt better too...?

you musst have a very boring life....why do you care if others are better than you...??

we nigerians dont understand such mentality.... undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
justtoodark:

their are both under siege....

and they get angry because other africans are coming to compete with them about the little they get from the whites....
thats y no matter how much south Africa develops they can never lead Africa , cos it will be like d whites leading Africa all over again, colonialism stuffs

the destiny of Africa is in Nigeria's hands , whether anybody likes it or not it's just d truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
jason14:
thats y no matter how much south Africa develops they can never lead Africa , cos it will be like d whites leading Africa all over again, colonialism stuffs

the destiny of Africa is in Nigeria's hands , whether anybody likes it or not it's just d truth

that we cant allow...africa is ours...period...let them call it a shiithole....we still dont care...its our shitthole...they should back off or get their nasty white heads knocked in.... angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
That obviously is nonsense.He was just vodafone employee who was sent down to Nairobi - long after Safaricom was running.
The point is that foreigners own your most notable companies and businesses and are Forbes richest in your country, this is not the case with Nigeria. Foreigners are doing well here and lndians own many industries in Nigeria, but they are not the biggest or most notable, you see the difference? Our Wealthiest from Tony Elumelu to Abdul Samad Rabiu(competing with Dangote fiercely), jim Ovia and Dangote are all Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
I know you're hoping I'll say Iphone? But Kenya lead Africa in many innovation - from agriculture (several world class research have produce new clones or solved diseases) - fin-tech - technology - clean energy - health - etc - Globally we lead in mobile/digital payments popularly known as M-PESA and related.

Naijjans,2 years ago your tomato crop was headed down the toilet due to Tuta absoluta,a moth-which country sent its best to rescue you? Hint: they came from a certain E African country.

Experts have been sent to Kenya to develop a strategy to combat the brown moth, which lays eggs on tomato plants and develops into a hungry caterpillar that feeds on the leaves, stems and fruit.

More than 90% of 17,000 hectares (42,000 acres) of tomato fields outside the northern city of Kano have been destroyed by the insect, according to the state’s agriculture officials.

A $200m tomato processing factory built by Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote has been forced to shut down because of the shortfall in supply, its managing director, Abdulkareem Kaita, said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/24/tomato-ebola-nigeria-moths-staple-food-crops

Thanks to OUR WELL DIVERSIFIED ECONOMY we can help the 'Giant.'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigerian army which is unable to defeat Boko Haram! Again it's come down to BUDGET.

Nigerian army budget is $1.5B dollars! And Kenya's 2017 total security budget is $2.64 - with $1.2B dollars just reserved for the army and the rest for police.

A kenyan private earns more than Nigerian major. You don't want to know what Kenyan Major earn - about how much you pay your GENERALS. And you wonder why you can't defeat boko-haram and whole world has to pray for chibook girls.

Do you really know our military budget is more than whole of East Africa (including Ethiopia) combined.

2015 -Morocco leads in Africa with a Defence budget of $3.3 billion, followed by South Africa ($3.1 billion) and Angola $2.8 billion.Sudan is fourth at $2.7 billion while Nigeria is fifth at $1.7 billion. Kenya is eighth behind Tunisia and Algeria, excluding Egypt and Libya whose data were not made public.

I bet by 2017-2018 - now - we may even overtake Nigeria in military budget - grin . You're only a GIANT IN COOKED GDP.

Yes,but our tri services are 30k ,meaning as usual per capita we spend more. And it shows with better acquisitions,training,pay,welfare and morale. eg We have both Cobra and MD 530 gunships and air tractors acquired at the same time costing well over 300 mn$. Naij can only dream of such an acquisition!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Nigerian army which is unable to defeat Boko Haram! Again it's come down to BUDGET.

Nigerian army budget is $1.5B dollars! And Kenya's 2017 total security budget is $2.64 - with $1.2B dollars just reserved for the army and the rest for police.

A kenyan private earns more than Nigerian major. You don't want to know what Kenyan Major earn - about how much you pay your GENERALS. And you wonder why you can't defeat boko-haram and whole world has to pray for chibook girls.

Do you really know our military budget is more than whole of East Africa (including Ethiopia) combined.

2015 -Morocco leads in Africa with a Defence budget of $3.3 billion, followed by South Africa ($3.1 billion) and Angola $2.8 billion.Sudan is fourth at $2.7 billion while Nigeria is fifth at $1.7 billion. Kenya is eighth behind Tunisia and Algeria, excluding Egypt and Libya whose data were not made public.

I bet by 2017-2018 - now - we may even overtake Nigeria in military budget - grin . You're only a GIANT IN COOKED GDP.

lawd gawd almighty!! What sort of mugu is this? shocked. According to militarybudget.org, u've never spent up to $1b in a year on military budget.
http://militarybudget.org/kenya/

According to tradingeconomics, ur last military spending was $908m and Nigeria spent $2.09b.
https://tradingeconomics.com/kenya/indicators

I guess it's high time I leave u to ur grandeur delusion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
rvp2017:
Indeed?

https://citizentv.co.ke/news/id-like-to-die-in-kenya-says-michael-joseph-183630/
He launched Safaricom with just 5 employees,
in a three-bedroom flat
The billion dollar company started out in humble
beginnings; with only five employees in a three-
bedroom rented flat. They would gradually grow
to employ over 4500 employees, and become
one of the biggest telecommunication companies
in the region.
He spearheaded the M-Pesa innovation
Joseph says the idea of M-Pesa was pitched to
him by former Vodafone Head of Global
Payments, Nick Hughes, and put together an
innovation team to work on the idea. The
platform brought in a staggering one million
customers in its first year.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
shervydman:
lawd gawd almighty!! What sort of mugu is this? shocked. According to militarybudget.org, u've never spent up to $1b in a year on military budget.
http://militarybudget.org/kenya/

According to tradingeconomics, ur last military spending was $908m and Nigeria spent $2.09b.
https://tradingeconomics.com/kenya/indicators

I guess it's high time I leave u to ur grandeur delusion.
When it comes to lying about stats and cooking figures, Kenyans are the worst in the world. From their GDP to growth to access to electricity, everything, Kenyans are the chief cook and it's amazing how some stupid Nigerians here have been taken in by these lying maasais. See below how poorly the world bank and other experts rate the statistics ability and honesty of Kenyans. It's shameful.

https://www.jamiiforums.com/threads/economists-raise-concern-that-kenyas-official-gdp-figures-may-be-cooked.1290091/

In addition, Capital Economics is not the
first to have concerns about the
capabilities of the KNBS. The World Bank
has rated Kenya’s statistical capacity as
the second worst among the large African
economies (only oil-rich Angola performs
worse). Kenya is also one of the few
countries in Africa to have received a
lower score last year than it did a decade
earlier as shown below;

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
jason14:
OK how do you view Nigeria ?(and don't you dare mention poor )

what comes to your mind when Nigeria is mentioned

I see that idiot countryman of yours who's been on this thread since it began yet keeps pretending that Kenya doesn't bother him feeling happy that I'm comparing Nigeria to a lion and Kenya to a dog. lol. Are you guys just stupid or your schooling is problematic?

I clearly said IF you're the lions you claim to be here, you wouldn't be perturbed by the barkings of dogs. Apparently most of you have gotten angered and can't get enough of this thread. Your forum has numerous threads about Kenya opened by your own countrymen. You're clearly not lions.

An educated Kenyan sees Nigeria just as any other corrupt African country with poverty on one site and few rich pot bellied beneficiaries of prebendalism with billions stashed in Swiss banks on the other side. The uneducated view Nigeria as a highly superstitious society famed for it's witchcraft. That's it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
obaaderemi:
When it comes to lying about stats and cooking figures, Kenyans are the worst in the world. From their GDP to growth to access to electricity, everything, Kenyans are the chief cook and it's amazing how some stupid Nigerians here have been taken in by these lying maasais. See below how poorly the world bank and other experts rate the statistics ability and honesty of Kenyans. It's shameful.

https://www.jamiiforums.com/threads/economists-raise-concern-that-kenyas-official-gdp-figures-may-be-cooked.1290091/

In addition, Capital Economics is not the
first to have concerns about the
capabilities of the KNBS. The World Bank
has rated Kenya’s statistical capacity as
the second worst among the large African
economies (only oil-rich Angola performs
worse). Kenya is also one of the few
countries in Africa to have received a
lower score last year than it did a decade
earlier as shown below;

Lol, I'm not surprised anyway. No wonder they love d word "cooked". I'm sure rvp2017 and Kikuyu1 will call this "cooked" too. Pot calling kettle black.

If we even decide to unearth stuffs about Kenya like they do, I'm very sure they'll be dumbfounded.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
NairobiWalker:

I see that idiot countryman of yours who's been on this thread since it began yet keeps pretending that Kenya doesn't bother him feeling happy that I'm comparing Nigeria to a lion and Kenya to a dog. lol. Are you guys just stupid or your schooling is problematic?

I clearly said IF you're the lions you claim to be here, you wouldn't be perturbed by the barkings of dogs. Apparently most of you have gotten angered and can't get enough of this thread. Your forum has numerous threads about Kenya opened by your own countrymen. You're clearly not lions.

An educated Kenyan sees Nigeria just as any other corrupt African country with poverty on one site and few rich pot bellied beneficiaries of prebendalism with billions stashed in Swiss banks on the other side. The uneducated view Nigeria as a highly superstitious society famed for it's witchcraft. That's it.
yeah, while most of ur post is correct, d emboldened isn't.

Majority of us aren't perturbed about d thread, we only rebuff some unsubstantiated claims by ur guys. If we're really perturbed, we would be "googling" stuffs about kenya but we don't, ur guys does that n we dispute. That's all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.