Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6150452 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
obaaderemi:
The guy is obviously shallow. He is better ignored.

You say I am shallow and I must be ignored ok I will give you a chance to see who is shallow here if you were the president of nigeria name one thing you will do to move nigeria forward just one thing
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
I will say this again,Kenya is very irrelevant to Nigeria.. the only thing the average Nigerian knows about Kenya is its capital Nairobi,its wildlife and marathon runners... the average Kenyan on the other hand can mention at least 10 celebrities from Nigeria.. they can even list the 36 sates and capitals in Nigeria without using Google.. grin .. One deluded fellow was talking about Kenya being Africa's highest economy by 2030. .LMAO. they should first try overtaking Lagos...

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

You say I am shallow and I must be ignored ok I will give you a chance to see who is shallow here if you were the president of nigeria name one thing you will do to move nigeria forward just one thing

Not to budge my butt on this but your Nigeria mates seem to be petty in their reasoning. It’s all about personal insult when one is cornered…I have noted most of Nigerians whom have traveled outside their country seems to be more sober than their village mates. No pun intended
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
Danielnino00:
I will say this again,Kenya is very irrelevant to Nigeria.. the only thing the average Nigerian knows about Kenya is its capital Nairobi,its wildlife and marathon runners... the average Kenyan on the other hand can mention at least 10 celebrities from Nigeria.. they can even list the 36 sates and capitals in Nigeria without using Google.. grin .. One deluded fellow was talking about Kenya being Africa's highest economy by 2030. .LMAO. they should first try overtaking Lagos...

Really really. A why are naijas fleeing their country in masses even risking death. What’s so horribly wrong in your country.an please don’t tell us that they are smart an want to conquer other worlds. Below are some of your mates in Kenya. If Kenya is so tiny like ya say what the fck are they doing here.Must be something wrong on the other side .

" Prince Gwamnishu Harrison, the CEO Behind Bars Initiative who is currently in Nairobi, the country's capital – paid a visit to the prisoners who narrated their ordeals. "
You cant deny that the prince is from Nigeria

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
mtis:

Really really. A why are naijas fleeing their country in masses even risking death. What’s so horribly wrong in your country.an please don’t tell us that they are smart an want to conquer other worlds. Below are some of your mates in Kenya. If Kenya is so tiny like ya say what the fck are they doing here.Must be something wrong on the other side .

" Prince Gwamnishu Harrison, the CEO Behind Bars Initiative who is currently in Nairobi, the country's capital – paid a visit to the prisoners who narrated their ordeals. "
You cant deny that the prince is from Nigeria

So do you have irrefutable proof that those are Nigerians?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

So do you have irrefutable proof that those are Nigerians?
First look at the Price...He looks like what ya call Igbo grin grin
But serious look at this

https://firstpost.ng/nigerians-held-in-kenyan-prison-over-minor-offences-cry-out-for-help-photos/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Danielnino00:
Nice photos but ya forgot to show the rest. I followed the link where ya got them an surprise surprise...Now I post mine cool
Now tell me what kinda city is this angry

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Whenever I hear the name kenya what comes into my mind first is "oh that small poor African country.
yes na but if you tell Kenyans they'll think u are insulting them . its just the bitter truth of how Nigerians perceive them

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
obaaderemi:
it's a big project and a lot of things have to be put in place. Probably by year end.
lol it cannot be by year end , d city is supposed to look like Manhattan , and they have not even gone quarter way when it comes to infrastructure
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

provide constant electricity to all parts of d nation . thats what wud fix nigeria.

with constant electricity every other thing will fall in place

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Whenever I hear the name kenya what comes into my mind first is "oh that small poor African country.
Your moniker tells it all. The Giant is doomed grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
jason14:
lol it cannot be by year end , d city is supposed to look like Manhattan , and they have not even gone quarter way when it comes to infrastructure

lol Manhattan ..can you first remove the grossness in this picture grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
mtis:

who said anything about giant now bikonu!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
mtis:

lol d pic is actually kinda nice
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
Danielnino00:

We are obsessed with Kenya? grin . dude u are funny... Lemme make something clear to you, nairaland is a forum and not a blog... it'd a forum that's free for all..anybody from anywhere can post anything here.. news from your country are used for comic relief here... deal with it,your country is irrelevant here . what's there to be obsessed about? your wildfire? ur marathon runners or what?

I feel bad to admit this, but it's the truth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
mtis:

You should remove this from your heaven,Nairobi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KingSango(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
There's not one African nations among the world's super powers. grin

Yall need to stop infighting over this silly issue instead aim for at least one African nation making the super power list.

Yall can't continue to hold back the African race with all this devil cultism. Stop ganging up on another because they are different or live in a different place.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
jason14:
provide constant electricity to all parts of d nation . thats what wud fix nigeria.

with constant electricity every other thing will fall in place
Ignore that guy,please. Evidently he hates his country and hates himself more.. like rossiki would say. Many people like him went to Libya thinking Nigeria was bad. Their experience showed them they had taken Nigeria for granted all along. There was once a guy on this thread,mechoau ,who sold his nairabet shop and went to Kenya. His eyes cleared at the Nairobi airport. That was the last anyone heard of him. You see,most of them are semi illiterate who fail to understand that all underdeveloped countries have similar problems which are usually brought about by serious corruption from the ruling class. He keeps shouting government, forgetting that Nigerians long ago lost faith in their government and have resigned to push along in whatever the government does. In spite of all this,the country's influence on the continent through its citizens are still felt. But shallow minds can never get this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
obaaderemi:
Ignore that guy,please. Evidently he hates his country and hates himself more.. like rossiki would say. Many people like him went to Libya thinking Nigeria was bad. Their experience showed them they had taken Nigeria for granted all along. There was once a guy on this thread,mechoau ,who sold his nairabet shop and went to Kenya. His eyes cleared at the Nairobi airport. That was the last anyone heard of him. You see,most of them are semi illiterate who fail to understand that all underdeveloped countries have similar problems which are usually brought about by serious corruption from the ruling class. He keeps shouting government, forgetting that Nigerians long ago lost faith in their government and have resigned to push along in whatever the government does. In spite of all this,the country's influence on the continent through its citizens are still felt. But shallow minds can never get this.
true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
mtis:

Yes we say it the way it is, we are no pretenders.However don't think you are better off, Africa as a whole is doomed. You and I know that Africa is a shithole even if we were not told by Lord Trump.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KingSango(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
obaaderemi:

There's not one successful African nation on Earth and as a race we hold the most nations. Our continent is the biggest and greatest continent on Earth, our culture the oldest and most richest, yet we argue over petty differences. Who started this nonsense? Yall falling for this gang cultist behavior?

We need at least one African nation on the list of super powers and I can care less which one it is is. We need that nation to emerge and protect our people worldwide. Nigeria and Kenya are our best nations so don't be trying to destroy either one for some petty Negro infighting. angry

Ase

Love Sango

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
I know I vowed not to make any more comments until 2019 - but I had to do this - as I read some kenyan investment take on our gov 5-yr plan.The giant with their gigantic banks - are doing far worse than kenya in mortage

https://cytonnreport.com/research/affordable-housing-in-kenya-cytonn-weekly-162018-1#focus-of-the-week
Anyway the Big plan for next yr as far as our gov goes
Food and Nutrition Security – The government plans to achieve 100.0% food security through enhanced large-scale production, boosting SME productivity and reduction of food costs,
Manufacturing – The aim is to grow the contribution of manufacturing to GDP from 9.2% in 2016 to 20.0% by 2022 through establishment of industrial parks, Special Economic Zones and implementation of policies to boost processing of textiles, leather, oil, gas, construction material, foods, fish, iron and steel,
Affordable Healthcare – This aims to increase the current universal health care coverage in Kenya from 36.0% to 100.0% by 2022 through scaling up NHIF uptake, increased budgetary allocation to health and adoption of low cost service delivery models, and,
Affordable Housing – The government plans to deliver 1 mn units over the next 5-years out of which, 20.0% will be social housing while 80.0% will be affordable housing.

And what does the future portend.

Finally the last 15yrs the kenyan economy has grown from strength to strength - from 13B to now 80B (it could be more when it get re-based); I don't see what can stop this growth; infact I see it accelerating as we transition demographically (for the first time those under 0-5 yrs are less than those 5-10yrs!!!) and our pop growth rate is dropping to 2.5% - couple with mobile commerce & mobile banking (m-pesa effect) I only see kenya growing bigger and bigger.

My prediction for kenya GDP - based on the last 15yrs - the fact that economy is so well-diversified & the growth so broad-base (no one sector) - is that Kenya GDP will hit $100B in 2020 (this will be apparent when GDP will be rebased around 2011/2012- current base yr is 2009). And it will hit $200B around 2026. $300B around 2030 - at that point - Kenya will be about equal to South Africa level now ( Of course South Africa will have move to around $400 plus ). But around 2035- kenya and South Africa will be equal. It may sound crazy!!! But we shall see - kenya economy is about just started - it's foundation is solid!

Nigeria future is gloomy!

I wish I could say the same about Nigeria - it already lost 100B since they rebased - now 400B - and are happy with 1% growth rate - and will fall or grow with Oil. I don't see any great future with oil - with climate change and all electric vehicles - Nigeria better prepare for world where demand for oil will be very very low. Nigeria better wake up - I know they haven't prepared for this - the Saudis and Norwegians will be set for life - they have nearly a trillion dollars just banked for the rainy day!! But Nigeria have squander their oil petro-dollars and the party is coming to end. Without Oil - & without a strong economic base - Nigeria state will go into turmoil - it's best bet is for military junta to take over like they did in Brazil (when shit hit the fan - before the current re-awakening) - otherwise it may splinter into 3-4 countries(the muslim north, the yoruba & related, and the biafra).

Kenya GDP - past and my own projection.
2002 13
2003 15
2004 17
2005 19
2006 27
2007 32
2008 36
2009 37
2010 40
2011 42
2012 50
2013 55
2014 62
2015 64
2016 71
2017 75
2018 80
2019 90
2020 101
2021 113
2022 127
2023 142
2024 159
2025 178
2026 199
2027 223
2028 250
2029 280
2030 314
2031 352
2032 394
2033 441
2034 494
2035 553

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
rvp2017:
I know I vowed not to make any more comments until 2019 - but I had to do this - as I read some kenyan investment take on our gov 5-yr plan.The giant with their gigantic banks - are doing far worse than kenya in mortage

https://cytonnreport.com/research/affordable-housing-in-kenya-cytonn-weekly-162018-1#focus-of-the-week
Anyway the Big plan for next yr as far as our gov goes
Food and Nutrition Security – The government plans to achieve 100.0% food security through enhanced large-scale production, boosting SME productivity and reduction of food costs,
Manufacturing – The aim is to grow the contribution of manufacturing to GDP from 9.2% in 2016 to 20.0% by 2022 through establishment of industrial parks, Special Economic Zones and implementation of policies to boost processing of textiles, leather, oil, gas, construction material, foods, fish, iron and steel,
Affordable Healthcare – This aims to increase the current universal health care coverage in Kenya from 36.0% to 100.0% by 2022 through scaling up NHIF uptake, increased budgetary allocation to health and adoption of low cost service delivery models, and,
Affordable Housing – The government plans to deliver 1 mn units over the next 5-years out of which, 20.0% will be social housing while 80.0% will be affordable housing.

And what does the future portend.[b][/b]

Finally the last 15yrs the kenyan economy has grown from strength to strength; I don't see what can stop this growth; infact I see it accelerating as we transition demographically (for the first time those under 0-5 yrs are less than those 5-10yrs!!!) and our pop growth rate is dropping to 2.5% - couple with mobile commerce & mobile banking (m-pesa effect) I only see kenya growing bigger and bigger.

My prediction for kenya GDP - based on the last 15yrs - the fact that economy is so well-diversified & the growth so broad-base (no one sector) - is that Kenya GDP will hit $100B in 2020 (this will be apparent when GDP will be rebased around 2011/2012- current base yr is 2009). And it will hit $200B around 2026. $300B around 2030 - at that point - Kenya will be about equal to South Africa level now ( Of course South Africa will have move to around $400 plus ). But around 2035- kenya and South Africa will be equal. It may sound crazy!!! But we shall see - kenya economy is about just started - it's foundation is solid! I wish I could say the same about Nigeria - it already lost 100B since they rebased - now 400B - and are happy with 1% growth rate - and will fall or grow with Oil. I don't see any great future with oil - with climate change and all electric vehicles - Nigeria better prepare for world where demand for oil will be very very low. Nigeria better wake up - I know they haven't prepared for this - the Saudis and Norwegians will be set for life - they have nearly a trillion dollars just banked for the rainy day!! But Nigeria have squander their oil petro-dollars and the party is coming to end.

Kenya GDP - past and my own projection.
2002 13
2003 15
2004 17
2005 19
2006 27
2007 32
2008 36
2009 37
2010 40
2011 42
2012 50
2013 55
2014 62
2015 64
2016 71
2017 75
2018 80
2019 90
2020 101
2021 113
2022 127
2023 142
2024 159
2025 178
2026 199
2027 223
2028 250
2029 280
2030 314
2031 352
2032 394
2033 441
2034 494
2035 553

Dude! Nigerians don't fuc..king care about poor Kenya. Do you get?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
jason14:
yeah true , but when do you think EAC is gonna be completed . they are taking too long

It might take 15-20 yrs for it to be really advanced, that is having a look of completion

The first building finished around 2016. So there’s a long way to go.

I think by 2030, we would see a better fuller picture
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
obaaderemi:

Fine you said I'm shallow minded ok. I give you a question to answer and it seems 2 nigerians field the question one of them was you. Nigeria's problem is not electricity, it is not political, it is not laziness, it is not greediness and we nigerians are also not selfish. You say you are in nigeria but you don't know nigeria's problem now let me educate you on the problem. Why are country cannot move forward at all is because off the high levels of illiteracy in the country our doctors, professors lecturers ,vc, politicians ,deans and alot more are illiterate. we got stuck illiterate educated illiterate . Illiterate are teaching illiterate and graduating illiterate. The biggest problem in my country today go to smaller african countries what they are doing we cannot do 5 to 10% of what they do because we are not educated. Most of the educated nigerians have run away long time ago . in 1980 with more than 80 nigerian lecturers in one africa university in southern africa. Education is the backbone off any country when you put the cleverest students and the students which fail in the same university and want electricity. we want development .we want progress. we want a better life. No matter how many billions and trillions of us dollar you throw at an illiterate he will do nothing with the money. Nigeria has spent more money on electricity dundee whole of north america has sprint. We cannot make a lot of things transformers, electric motors, tyres and even bullet. These are thinks which country is like malawi, zimbabwe and botswana make. This is why politicians are corrupt because when you put an illiterate into office his first idea is too loot . Education is most powerful tool in this world look at china today chinese women are the most educated in the world and look where china is . India was having the same problem with nigeria but what they did in education ,they opened 8 research centres and give those research centres to retired indians from the best universities in the world to run. A lot of universities in nigeria are pumping out illiterate graduate even the private universities. You find out a doctorate or professor in the country today cannot pass cambridge A level or O level.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Fine you said I'm shallow minded ok. I give you a question to answer and it seems 2 nigerians field the question one of them was you. Nigeria's problem is not electricity, it is not political, it is not laziness, it is not greediness and we nigerians are also not selfish. You say you are in nigeria but you don't know nigeria's problem now let me educate you on the problem. Why are country cannot move forward at all is because off the high levels of illiteracy in the country our doctors, professors lecturers ,vc, politicians ,deans and alot more are illiterate. we got stuck illiterate educated illiterate . Illiterate are teaching illiterate and graduating illiterate. The biggest problem in my country today go to smaller african countries what they are doing we cannot do 5 to 10% of what they do because we are not educated. Most of the educated nigerians have run away long time ago . in 1980 with more than 80 nigerian lecturers in one africa university in southern africa. Education is the backbone off any country when you put the cleverest students and the students which fail in the same university and want electricity. we want development .we want progress. we want a better life. No matter how many billions and trillions of us dollar you throw at an illiterate he will do nothing with the money. Nigeria has spent more money on electricity dundee whole of north america has sprint. We cannot make a lot of things transformers, electric motors, tyres and even bullet. These are thinks which country is like malawi, zimbabwe and botswana make. This is why politicians are corrupt because when you put an illiterate into office his first idea is too loot . Education is most powerful tool in this world look at china today chinese women are the most educated in the world and look where china is . India was having the same problem with nigeria but what they did in education ,they opened 8 research centres and give those research centres to retired indians from the best universities in the world to run. A lot of universities in nigeria are pumping out illiterate graduate even the private universities. You find out a doctorate or professor in the country today cannot pass cambridge A level or O level.
My problem with you is not that what you say is completely false but that you generalize too much, exaggerating the so called progress of other African nations in comparison to Nigeria. You prefer a single story version of Nigeria, simply because you are still bitter from your experience in Nigeria with regards to your business.
The problem with a single story is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete, they rob a people of their dignity (Chimamanda Adichie).
Yes many of the youths have half baked education, but so many are still thriving with some of the most valuable tech start up's in Africa in 2016 and has the most valuable tech ecosystem In 2017. In 2016( during recession) the Lagos tech space attracted the highest funds in the continent ahead of South Africa and Kenya. Most of these guys in the Nigerian tech scene are from Covenant university and other Nigerian universities. if as you said, Nigerians are so uneducated that they can't do 5-10% of what other Africans do in other African nations, then this wouldn't be happening at all.
So you see my friend, while l believe we need to reform our education sector, l wouldn't go so low to say Nigerians can't do 5-10% of what other Africans are doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
nwoke37:

It might take 15-20 yrs for it to be really advanced, that is having a look of completion

The first building finished around 2016. So there’s a long way to go.

I think by 2030, we would see a better fuller picture
ah na wa o 2030! God thats so long

how far do you think they've gone?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Startup City: Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria is Africa’s largest economy and one of the fastest growing cities in the world – Lagos is expected to double in size in the next 15 years, according to the Populations Reference Bureau.

And in recent years the port city has become an incubator for some of the continent’s biggest startups, including Jumia, Africa’s answer to Amazon, and Easy Taxi, an Uber rival, both from Africa Internet Group.

Even as other global tech hubs have experienced a slowdown, the city, and Africa’s tech industry in general, has continued to see big growth in funding .

And the city is just getting started.

“The Lagos startup scene is in its infancy – but growing fast,” Collins Onuegbu, the director of the Lagos Angel Network, told us. “We see Lagos as the ultimate hub for startup investments in Africa in a few years.”

As the heart of Africa’s tech industry, Lagos is growing so fast that it’s even hitting some of the same problems big cities like London and New York face – specifically, it’s getting pretty expensive.

But there’s still plenty of room for you and your startup in this global megacity.

The City’s Startup Support
Collins Onuegbu’s organization, Lagos Angel Network (LAN), has invested early seed funding in ten companies since launching in 2014. “Most importantly, though, angel investing involves more than funding,” Onuegbu said. “Mentoring and handholding are a key part of our investment.”

LAN and its members have supported: Sproxil, a tech company that uses mobile technology to combat counterfeiting; Pass.ng, a practice and testing platform for Nigerian examinations; and Codeware, which helps companies with business process automation. “There is a lot of space to grow, and our objective goes beyond investing to helping build this startup ecosystem,” Onuegbu said.

Considered Nigeria’s first startup incubator, over 50 startups have made Co-Creation Hub their home. In December, to mark their fifth anniversary, the incubator announced a $5 million social innovation fund. The fund will offer support “for early stage social enterprises solving local problems across various sectors of the Nigerian economy,” according to the company release.

And what’s a tech hub without a coworking space? Capital Square offers budding startups all the co-working essentials – wifi, desks, meeting rooms, office and event space–and they run workshops, training, and networking events.

Sample the City’s Startups
The fiscal analysis company, BudgIT, shines some much-needed light on Nigeria’s notoriously corrupt political system by showing citizens where the country’s money goes.

The company, which started in the Co-Creation Hub, “uses an array of tech tools to simplify the budget and matters of public spending for citizens, with the primary aim of raising the standard of transparency and accountability in government,” according to the BudgIT website.

“In Nigeria, it can take up to 90 days to legally register a business,” according to Quartz. But DIY Law, started by the three female lawyers, offers online services that automate and guide would-be business owners through the onerous process.

In 2009, three university students started Jobberman to help combat Nigeria’s unemployment problems–the job listing site is now the largest in both Nigeria and Ghana. “If you put food on the table by virtue of getting a job for someone, that person also fends for a mother, or a brother and you create a multiplier effect within that household,” Olalekan Olude, one of Jobberman’s founders, told the BBC.

Comic Republic, a Lagos-based digital comic book startup, releases 30-page books for free to nearly 30,000 readers. The company “is able to generate enough money through advertising and spin-off projects, including educational booklets on malaria featuring [the comic’s] characters, to keep the business running,” according to the AFP.

“People had this idea that African comics had to be with people in traditional clothes, but I don’t agree with that,” the creator, Jide Martins Martins, told AFP. “Let them have Nigerian names, saving people in Nigeria, but let’s put them in.

Source.. Uncubbed.com
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

My problem with you is not that what you say is completely false but that you generalize too much, exaggerating the so called progress of other African nations in comparison to Nigeria. You prefer a single story version of Nigeria, simply because you are still bitter from your experience in Nigeria with regards to your business.
The problem with a single story is not that they are untrue but that they are incomplete, they rob a people of their dignity (Chimamanda Adichie).
Yes many of the youths have half baked education, but so many are still thriving with some of the most valuable tech start up's in Africa in 2016 and has the most valuable tech ecosystem In 2017. In 2016( during recession) the Lagos tech space attracted the highest funds in the continent ahead of South Africa and Kenya. Most of these guys in the Nigerian tech scene are from Covenant university and other Nigerian universities. if as you said, Nigerians are so uneducated that they can't do 5-10% of what other Africans do in other African nations, then this wouldn't be happening at all.
So you see my friend, while l believe we need to reform our education sector, l wouldn't go so low to say Nigerians can't do 5-10% of what
other Africans are doing.

Good my friend you are coming to see what I am saying I'm not bitter off my business in nigeria. Most of these data which are given buying nigerian universities completely false. They take your money and give you certificate.200 doctors from universities in south west nigeria failed o level exam in kenya all of those universities like covenant universities adjust big names I'm making noise. Look at this so called covenant university dear top students fail entry exam into south african universities namibian universities. Nigeria has the largest population in africa but in invention only 2% of the inventions in africa are achieved by nigerians. The worst country in the world to bring up a child. no Nigerian primary or secondary school top 40 in africa you start teaching a child education at a young age in nigeria we want to teach everything in the universities.we Push o'level and a level into the universities. Very soon we will push primary schools into the universities. the best age to start educating is from 3 years to 8 years america. It is believed what's the children are more than 10 years it's too late.88% off are certificates are fraudulent. Last month I pass through south africa 10 to 12 in one room all graduates doing nothing and all in legal. You see other african countries students are been taught how to drive tractors maintain tractors drive combine harvesters maintain industrial machineries you come to our universities in nigeria our students are carrying cutlass and hoe to projects. If you cannot teach the youths the correct ting you cannot have good leaders tomorrow. Education is power.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
jason14:
of all the countries to be obsessed with, its kenya! really

dude d truth is Nigerians see Kenya as a small country that is irrelevant. thats just d bitter truth

It doesn't matter what some irrelevant fool pretends to see us as, what matters to us is what we really are and we'll never allow anyone to put us down as long as we know the truth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Good my friend you are coming to see what I am saying I'm not bitter off my business in nigeria. Most of these data which are given buying nigerian universities completely false. They take your money and give you certificate.200 doctors from universities in south west nigeria failed o level exam in kenya all of those universities like covenant universities adjust big names I'm making noise. Look at this so called covenant university dear top students fail entry exam into south african universities namibian universities. Nigeria has the largest population in africa but in invention only 2% of the inventions in africa are achieved by nigerians. The worst country in the world to bring up a child. no Nigerian primary or secondary school top 40 in africa you start teaching a child education at a young age in nigeria we want to teach everything in the universities.we Push o'level and a level into the universities. Very soon we will push primary schools into the universities. the best age to start educating is from 3 years to 8 years america. It is believed what's the children are more than 10 years it's too late.88% off are certificates are fraudulent. Last month I pass through south africa 10 to 12 in one room all graduates doing nothing and all in legal. You see other african countries students are been taught how to drive tractors maintain tractors drive combine harvesters maintain industrial machineries you come to our universities in nigeria our students are carrying cutlass and hoe to projects. If you cannot teach the youths the correct ting you cannot have good leaders tomorrow. Education is power.
Exaggerations again. 2% of production in Africa, how do you arrive at your stats? What is the 98% production in Africa, Mr?
Give me facts and statistics, not figures you just feel like quoting.
Even if you are right, and Nigerian education is nothing to write home about, you forget that from Nigeria also comes the largest educated in the diaspora and this was also helpful in the early 2000's when we opened up our telecommunication sector in the Obasanjo era.
You are only interested in seeing all the wrongs with Nigeria and not even a single good. l am telling you that Nigeria (just like Lagos) is a strange country known for hidden order in a sea of chaos.
I'm tired of your negativity, it's infectious and sickening.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.