Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6222454 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:56am On May 25, 2018
rvp20182:
All these based on cooked GDP figures from Nigeria stats office. Middle class is living in house that has basics - electricity, water, sewage, broad band, with a car or two, fridge or such household goods, with kids going to good schools, with maybe holiday or two, with bank account, shopping in supermarket and malls, probably owning the house they live in, earning at least some decent salary (maybe 500usd at minum)..living in decent secure neighberhood...that is MIDDLE CLASS. Nigeria cooked stats is NOT middle class. Nigeria on electricity metric alone means there is no middle class in Nigeria...you have what 10 hours at best electricity...your fridge is probably dead if any....you mostly shop in corner shop...you kids go in some worse schools..insecurity everywhere...Nigeria is warzone...it cannot boost of any middle class. If it did....consumer goods companies would be rushing there...

South Africa has Africa biggest Middle class (Not Nigeria - unless you trust cooked figures). Kenya has decent middle class.

What middle class is there in Nigeria...when it's formal mall space is so tiny? Where do Nigeria middle class shop smiley? Kenya is second only to South Africa in formal retail (malls & stores) where middle class shop- who are so far ahead of everyone?What middle class is there in Nigeria ...when private spending data from super-markets shows they got no money to spend...unless Oil goes back to 100 dollars.

Nairobi has the highest available retail space in malls across sub-Saharan Africa in a development that has kept rent in the high-end shopping centres stagnant over the past two years, a survey shows.

Knight Frank Africa in a report highlighting real estate trends in the continent says Nairobi retail space in malls stood at nearly 500,000 square metres, far ahead of other top cities like Kampala (170,000 sqm), Lagos (150,000 sqm), Addis Ababa (60,000 sqm), Dakar (170,000 sqm) and Kinshasa (170,000 sqm).
South Africa has about 23 million square metres of shopping centre floor space, compared with three million square metres in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa.

“Outside of South Africa, the Kenyan capital Nairobi has the greatest volume of modern retail floor space in sub-Saharan Africa, and it continues to be a development hotspot,” said the survey.
[i][/i]

On this, your logic baffles me... I wonder how war-zone Nigeria produced the richest black man in the world

In Colombia malls are more common than in Argentina but the latter is richer and more developed. The UK has more malls than France or Germany but they are similarly developed... go figure

I don't understand how a person with middle class income is not classified as middle class just because his government(because of corruption) has refused to provide constant electricity for its citizens...
Moreover this middle class person because of his income can afford to buy generators to provide for the deficiency.

It's just like saying a rich man isn't rich because his government doesn't provide 24/7 electricity...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 2:06am On May 25, 2018
rvp20182:
Middle class is not just some figures.If you don't have electricity - you're not middle class. Leave alone shopping mall. You see you can cook data - but you cannot cook manifestation of poverty or middle class. So Nigeria can claim to have 20% people earning 20 dollars per day - but where are those people living, shopping, school, vacationing - where is the middle class family of 2-3 happy kids smiley?.

South Africa is middle class - and you can see it with you naked eyes. You don't need cook stats or charts.

Most middle class Nigerians take their children to private schools(which are alot) because of the failure of public schools. They also go to private clinics where they may receive better service. Several middle class families vacation in the U.S.,London and Dubai where they also shop in formal spaces(because of the apparent lack of formal spaces in Nigeria as you mentioned). These facts are well known in Nigeria.. Nothing new

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 2:36am On May 25, 2018
rvp20182:
And Dangote is north-man smiley that nobody wants to say.

And your point? Dangote came from a very rich Northern family... They were part of the Northern elite, wealthy... while the rest of the North wallowed in illiteracy and poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:10am On May 25, 2018
theenchanter:
oga, take it easy.... u guys are the ones measuring dick with Nigeria, the guy's not interested in the bullshit, he's just posting his pics.

That guy,the KiberaWalker is perpetually angry. Don't know why but I reckon the exposures here anger him very much. How can you attack a man who was just posting pictures? Just because Kenya can never have such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:16am On May 25, 2018
kikuyu1:

Pls tell me any Dangotelander; HOW THE HELL ZIMBABWE IS ACTUALLY ABOVE YOU ON THIS LIST??! By the blood of black Jesus in the name of Amadioha htf is that even possible??
But you continually manage to miss the obvious. Anyway Kenyans and other intelligent people will draw logical conclusions
See this Little Indian calling "Amadioha" and spelling it so smoothly. Evidence of Nollywood addiction.

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:53am On May 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Yes, there is a steady supply of electricity in Garissa villages. I like the fact that you guys have to go to the remotest villages of Kenya to make a favorable comparison with yourselves.....lol.

So, how come little India is not regarded as a 100% electrified country if all the villages in the remotest parts of Kenya are connected?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 9:59am On May 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Yes, I know igbos are hardworking and smart. That's why only igbos know the truth - that Kenya is way better than Nigeria in everything just like the Igbo who opened this thread. The rest of you who are arguing against it here are the idiots of Nigeria.

KiberaWalker, In your little slum mind, you think you can manipulate Nigerians against each other on this thread right?
The person who opened this thread is not an Igbo person mind you.. He is an Ijaw person.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:03am On May 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

They might be the smartest in Nigeria but they definitely won't fit in the civilized society of East Africa.

Yeah, but the nakedd dancing and jumping masai and other stone age tribes fit well into East Africa. I can see your definition of civilized.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:13am On May 25, 2018
If Nigeria data was credible - then it would cross-reference with consumption/expenditure data - and such indicators of progress or middle class. I have given you a good example. South Africa. Nigeria claims to have large middle class than South Africa - which is moronic - but show me where that middle class lives, works, schools, shops, eats, drive and etc. You cannot hide wealth. And also if gov is so disfuctional as not to provide you with electricity, good roads and other such amenities - then calling yourself middle-class is a little rich.

So there are many indicators to look at.
1) Malls - You expect middle class to attracts mall developers - Nigeria's Lagos has less than 200K mall spaces (give and take entire Nigeria has 1M) - compared to South Africa's total of 23M! Nigeria I think has half kenya's formal retail penetration - so that Nigeria middle class only exists in CBN stats office books.
2) Private schools - show me those?

We can go on and on - but we need EMPERICAL data outside CBN cooked national accounts that we can use to verify and cross-reference anything that comes of Nigeria as figures.
nwoke37:

On this, your logic baffles me... I wonder how war-zone Nigeria produced the richest black man in the world

In Colombia malls are more common than in Argentina but the latter is richer and more developed. The UK has more malls than France or Germany but they are similarly developed... go figure

I don't understand how a person with middle class income is not classified as middle class just because his government(because of corruption) has refused to provide constant electricity for its citizens...
Moreover this middle class person because of his income can afford to buy generators to provide for the deficiency.

It's just like saying a rich man isn't rich because his government doesn't provide 24/7 electricity...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:19am On May 25, 2018
Kenya is massively investing in infrastructure that will only make it second best to South Africa's world class infrastructure pretty soon. There is ongoing tarmacking of upto 30,000kms of low seal tarmac
Dongo Kundu by-pass Mombasa

Nairobi's Eastland (lower middle class)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbYYZ_NXkAIc1Fn.jpg:large[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 11:39am On May 25, 2018
rvp20182:
Kenya is massively investing in infrastructure that will only make it second best to South Africa's world class infrastructure pretty soon. There is ongoing tarmacking of upto 30,000kms of low seal tarmac
Almost all countries are investing in infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:10pm On May 25, 2018
emergency response in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:13pm On May 25, 2018
more on emergency response

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:15pm On May 25, 2018
更多图片!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:18pm On May 25, 2018
security in nigeria. and no they are not LAPD

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:21pm On May 25, 2018
别的图片

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MiddleDimension: 1:23pm On May 25, 2018
more

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by owbabs: 1:56pm On May 25, 2018
Switzerland is better than Brazil in all aspects (facts do not lie)

This is how stupid this thread is.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by frer8: 2:18pm On May 25, 2018
Lamu,which dayes back to the 14th Century!
Nowenuse:

I told you to show me one ancient city built by Kenyan Somalis since you claim that they are black too and you are showing me one by portuguese.

It seems like we are having a lack of English language comprehension here. Maybe we can switch to swahili.

Besides, Nigerian muslims rode on camels, donkeys and horses down to the middle east as was common in those times. Where is the River between West Africa to the middle east that you want them to sail?

Can you show me the influence of Portuguese culture among Black Kenyans?
Nigerians interracted with Portuguese from 1485 to the extent that portuguese words found their way into our languages. Lagos is the portuguese name for Eko and many more.

Show me that of black kenyans.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:21pm On May 25, 2018
Nigeria talk about diversity - when they are just hausa-fulani(related)-igbo& yoruba (related) - while kenya is even more diverse - with bantus, nilotes, cushites, arabs, asians and large white population calling kenya home.

Conclusion:Kenya is more ethnically and racially diverse country - Nigeria is basically afro-asiatic (hausa-fulani) - and niger-congo tribes.

[b]Few people know that Kenya Arabs have been around Kenya (and east africa coast) from anywhere 8th century. They are many arabs in kenyan..mostly Omani Arabs who've been here for centuries.
The current tourism cabinet secretary is Arab - just like many Mps and governors along the coast.

Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala hugs Mvita MP AbdhulSwamad Nassir

LAMU govenor Fahim Twahim.

Out of Arabs inter-marriage - we have Swahils - like Ali Hassan Joho - Mombasa Governor.

Six kenyan Mps are asian - who have been here for 100yrs plus now.
Dr Swarup - Mp from Eldoret

Whites have been MP in Kenya - till 90s - the Leakeys are amongs the most prominient white kenyans - they've been around as families for more than 100yrs
Richard Leakey - rekown paleontologist.

frer8:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:24pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah, but the nakedd dancing and jumping masai and other stone age tribes fit well into East Africa. I can see your definition of civilized.

Maasais are more civilized than your stupid voodoo practicing tribes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

KiberaWalker, In your little slum mind, you think you can manipulate Nigerians against each other on this thread right?
The person who opened this thread is not an Igbo person mind you.. He is an Ijaw person.

You're the ones fighting each other No-ones-anus. You're the ones who called Igbos propagandists here. I'm just playing along. Take your gay ass elsewhere will you? I am told Obade-foolish loves licking a gay a.nus.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:27pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

So, how come little India is not regarded as a 100% electrified country if all the villages in the remotest parts of Kenya are connected?

Go to India and ask them that No-ones-anus.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:33pm On May 25, 2018
rvp20182:

Nairobi's Eastland (lower middle class)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbYYZ_NXkAIc1Fn.jpg:large[/img]
And you think ours is not far better than this ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
frer8:

Lamu was an arab-swahili ancient city.
I said a Kenyan Somali city!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:38pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

Lamu was an arab-swahili ancient city.
I said a Kenyan Somali city!

You're an idiot. Go back to school. Swahilis are bantus. No-ones-anus kabisa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:38pm On May 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

You're the ones fighting each other No-ones-anus. You're the ones who called Igbos propagandists here. I'm just playing along. Take your gay ass elsewhere will you? I am told Obade-foolish loves licking a gay a.nus.

Can you show me where I myself has called Igbos propagandists? Hahaha KiberaWalker is now pissed off.
Why are you so pissed off? Cos we called you KiberaWalker? Is Kibera not part of Nairobi? You should be proud of it!
At least Kenya leads the world in something, the largest Slum in the world grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:40pm On May 25, 2018
I gave you an index that says Kenya is better than Nigeria. You gave me some pictures. I guess you can intelligently deduce or maybe you can't. Kenya is massively investing in infrastructure - yes like any sub-saharan country - we have huge deficit - but what we are doing in roads, railways, power, pipeline, water & sewage - consistently with our taxes and revenues - Nigeria only does in oil boom once in a while - and then when oil prices tank - their infrastructure collapsed because you need to MAINTAIN IT.
68816419:

And you think ours is not far better than this ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
NairobiWalker:

You're an idiot. Go back to school. Swahilis are bantus. No-ones-anus kabisa.

Yeah, Bantus who were fuckedd front and back and civilized by Arab & Indian men grin Why is their culture more middle-eastern than Bantu?

Besides, have you given up on your Somalis so early?

Now I see why you Black Kenyans love white skin so much. Your ancestors were brutally dicked by dirty desert arab/indian men which gave rise to the greatest thing you could ever lay claim to (swahili)

SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

Can you show me where I myself has called Igbos propagandists? Hahaha KiberaWalker is now pissed off.
Why are you so pissed off? Cos we called you KiberaWalker? Is Kibera not part of Nairobi? You should be proud of it!
At least Kenya leads the world in something, the largest Slum in the world grin

That's the point Mr. No-ones-anus. You keep following me around no-ones-anus. I am having a discussion with someone and you jump in without understanding where the discussion began.................the person I was responding to called Igbos propagandists. Don't get mad, I call you gay because you keep following me around. There is a gay idiot like you on this thread named Obade-foolish. Go thump his anus. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 3:45pm On May 25, 2018
Nigeria and Congolese are the leading bleachers - Kenyans are not mesmerized by white skin - because we've seen it for so many years.
Nowenuse:

Now I see why you Black Kenyans love white skin so much. Your ancestors were brutally dicked by dirty desert arab/indian men which gave rise to the greatest thing you could ever lay claim to (swahili)

SHAME!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah, Bantus who were fuckedd front and back and civilized by Arab & Indian men grin Why is their culture more middle-eastern than Bantu?

Besides, have you given up on your Somalis so early?

SHAME!

I see you're so in love with Kenya. Keep reading about our history gay us. grin grin grin BTW. Nigerians are the largest consumers of bleaching agents in the whole world. Thought you should know. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.