Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6167628 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Jay254:
One of the best coverage of Mombasa City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lynbsQLW36g

shocked
Awesome tongue kiss

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
TayserMahiri:

They are beautiful smiley Is there any city in Naija with jacaranda?

I do not think jacaranda can grow in nigeria it is too hot and humid. In kenya, ethiopia, tanzania ,zimbabwe and south africa there alot of jacaranda trees. I think jacaranda trees like high altitude and cold countries. Especially countries with seasons like winter, autumn ,spring.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Pride is a very destructive thing!! Infrastructure wise Kenya, Ghana and Rwanda has left Nigeria behind. Look at the quality of leaders they produce to begin with. Today, Niherians are trooping to Ghana, SA , Kenya to acquire quality education and you are here wasting your energy. Have listen to Uhuru , Akufo Addo and Kagame speak ? They exude immense knowledge and conviction. Nigeria on the other hand is still contemplating among Kwankwaso, Buhari, Dambazzu, Attiku and the rest of those trash who to elect....I am frustrated with our condition. Why can't we elect people in the mould of current Emir of Kano, Soludo, Kingsley Muoghalu and co. I don't mean to actually elect the guys I listed but Nigerians in their mould. What is wrong with Nigerian youths?

Our youths are lazy and brainless. At least you know that nigeria is not working. Most of my brothers from southwest only want to hear lies well they are suffering . A lot of people in south west do not even have jobs but it seems we are happy. Only thing we like party party suffering suffering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 22, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Nigerians are hardworking and probably the most successful Africans due to our population and the very harsh system that has toughened us and made it literally impossible for us not to survive anywhere. But actually it is not a positive thing because it has compelled us to sustain and bear pains sufferings. We are more desperate and will do unbelievable things just to get by in life due to hopelessness. Nigerians are aggressive, rude and unrefined yet they mistake it for "confidence". We need a President who will change the thought process and worldview of the average Nigerian because it faulty.

You can insult the Igbos and call me IPOB or whatever but these are facts.

Please do not let people lie to you nigeria's problem is not igbo. I am a yoruba and telling you this, nigeria's problem is all of we nigerians look how we have destroyed our country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Some countries like Ghana cant have that terrorism because terror operates in a vacuum. Nigeria is a fertile ground for terrorism because there is a large leadership vaccum. Even in Kenya the terrorists have to operate from outside the country because here there is no leadership vacuum and the terrorists know that. Its not about size.

Ghana cannot have terrorism save with a lot of west african countries most of these countries want to develop and the people are progressing. But on the other hand we nigerians only want to support criminals nothing can come good out of that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

If I may ask. Why do you think Igbos are disliked? (I learned that here I had no idea). Were Igbos justified with the first Biafra war? Do you think Igbos are responsible for the mayhem in Naija or is their agitation (and subsequent hate) a result of other issues that were/went wrong? Im asking cuz recently I watched a speech called The Danger of a Single Story by Chimamanda Adichie and I was impressed then I learned she's Igbo! Sorry to sound tribalistic but Igbos seem to produce too many sensible and bright people to be as terrible as they are presented here.

I am yoruba I will tell you why igbos are hated in nigeria. Nigeria is a type of country anybody which is telling the truth, anybody which is hardworking, anybody which has vision nigerians will hate him and drag him down. Look at our companies and industries we send them to other countries because they were telling the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2018
justtoodark:

pictures of things that dont belong to kenyans,yes.....

when this foreigners start making strange demands,then una will smell una yansh....

dont trust foreigners...you may make them to kenyans,but they will never see themselves as you....

very dangerous gamble you kenyans are playing......

What foreigners? Have you been to school?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:01am On Jul 22, 2018
Just saw this pic of abuja... and I had to post it..

[img]https://www.instagram.com/p/BDPvoHxswc2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link [/img]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 22, 2018
Timewilltell3:

What a low life question. Is there any African nation as advanced as Nigeria in education , health , military , standard of living, English speaking ,smart people, travelled people , ownership of passport, business mind,music , movies , science etc ? undecided are you a fool? .

LMFAO, the question should be is there anyone dumber than you on this forum ? I'm guessing there are two more , the ones who liked your stupid post grin. Education ,that honour goes to South Africa and Egypt, check top 10 best universities in Africa and top 10 best secondary schools they both rule. Health ? grin grin South African , Kenyan, and others are cured in their own countries, Mandela didn't die abroad, so there you have it grin. Military , we have more soldiers with less technology, Egypt , SA , and Algeria make their own weapons , so there you go again. Lol, Nigerians are running to Gabon, Kenya, Botswana, Ghana and others just to enjoy peace and ease of life , so what standard of living are you talking about ? grin. I won't even mention South Africa, I've lived all over naija before relocating here and seriously can't see what we can compare ourselves with, their bad neigbouhoods are even better than lekki In basic amenities . English speaking? grin when our accent is one of the most mocked? Yes we have many educated naija people who sound good , so does SA , Ghana, Kenya, and others ,btw English is a Whitemans language not ours. Smart people can't possible be the poverty capital of the world, that also goes to your business mind point. We are more travelled because there is mostly no comfort back home , if naija was half of what South Africa is then how many of us would be desperate to move even going as far as moving through libya . Music , we have good artists yes , but Sout Africa has good musicians and diversity of generes. Tanzanians and Congolese also make great music . Movies ? I know we are improving but in advanced countries our movies are used as an example of mediocre acting and production. South Africa alone has quality movies that have been nominated and won international wards , if quantity yes naija wins but quality I will give that to South Africa again, same as music video production . Lol, science ? What do we manufacture or produce in naija ? . Like I said before ,Brits, Americans and South Africans are known to own less passports than countries like China, Nigeria, India, Liberia, Pakistan etc , now ask yourself why grin grin. Stop displaying your stupidity online , it's really nauseating to watch. If you want to defend naija then please stop using embarrassing points.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Igbos are involved in many social vices around the world not because our ideologies but because the Nigerian broken system. But NO Nigeria tribe or any African tribe can match the Igbos in wealth based on per capita. Igbos are still by far the richest African group, by a very wide margin and we are not talking about drug money here. Igbos even do trades in Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, India and many other ridiculous places no African can ever dream of migrating.

The resentment the average Nigerian have for the Igbo man is not because the Igbo are criminals but because of fear of complete economic domination. Sarduana of Sokoto had expressed this fear, the last Oba of Bini had expressed this fear, the Oba of Lagos had expressed this fear and many Nigerians live with this fear which show is offensive way. But they all love Igbo women, of course.

But they all love Igbo women, of course
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 22, 2018
Nowenuse:

First impressions do matter to gullible people. People who easily judge a book by it's cover.
Sadly, there are more gullible people in the world. So, yes I agree, Kenya's ethic of first impression definitely pays off in many ways.

How embarrassing it is for people to later discover how boring a book is in spite of it's fascinating and captivating cover page! That's Kenya.

I might have not been to Kenya, but the researches and discoveries I've made about Kenya in contrast to the way Kenyans here brag about Kenya has given me a perfect clue to the picture of the country. Sorry, no! But I'll pass.

Using North Korea in analogy to Nigeria speaks of the depth of your ignorance.
North Koreans live in the world's largest prison and have no access to the outer world unless what they are being fed with. Is that the same situation with Nigerians who have the largest access to the internet and satellite television in Africa? Nigerians who are also the most widely travelled Africans? Hell No!

Learn to use your analogies well or go back to your alma mater and ask for a refund of your tuition as I always tell you guys..

You are a stack illiterate north korea is in front of nigeria in everything technology, infrastructure, human development, military and production. North korea is a country not to mess with. North korea and islamic republic of iran did nuclear power literally on their own. North korea has high speed underground trains.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2018
Runalong333:

LMFAO, the question should be is there anyone dumber than you on this forum ? I'm guessing there are two more , the ones who liked your stupid post grin. Education ,that honour goes to South Africa and Egypt, check top 10 best universities in Africa and top 10 best secondary schools they both rule. Health ? grin grin South African , Kenyan, and others are cured in their own countries, Mandela didn't die abroad, so there you have it grin. Military , we have more soldiers with less technology, Egypt , SA , and Algeria make their own weapons , so there you go again. Lol, Nigerians are running to Gabon, Kenya, Botswana, Ghana and others just to enjoy peace and ease of life , so what standard of living are you talking about ? grin. I won't even mention South Africa, I've lived all over naija before relocating here and seriously can't see what we can compare ourselves with, their bad neigbouhoods are even better than lekki In basic amenities . English speaking? grin when our accent is one of the most mocked? Yes we have many educated naija people who sound good , so does SA , Ghana, Kenya, and others ,btw English is a Whitemans language not ours. Smart people can't possible be the poverty capital of the world, that also goes to your business mind point. We are more travelled because there is mostly no comfort back home , if naija was half of what South Africa is then how many of us would be desperate to move even going as far as moving through libya . Music , we have good artists yes , but Sout Africa has good musicians and diversity of generes. Tanzanians and Congolese also make great music . Movies ? I know we are improving but in advanced countries our movies are used as an example of mediocre acting and production. South Africa alone has quality movies that have been nominated and won international wards , if quantity yes naija wins but quality I will give that to South Africa again, same as music video production . Lol, science ? What do we manufacture or produce in naija ? . Like I said before ,Brits, Americans and South Africans are known to own less passports than countries like China, Nigeria, India, Liberia, Pakistan etc , now ask yourself why grin grin. Stop displaying your stupidity online , it's really nauseating to watch. If you want to defend naija then please stop using embarrassing points.
I just want to touch on the bolded.Why do idiots think owning a passport guarantees a new lease of life? If you lack survival instinct,you just lack it,it doesn’t matter where you go in this world,if you ain't strong enough to swin with the sharks you going to drown and get devoured.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2018
Jayceon:
I just want to touch on the bolded.Why do idiots think owning a passport guarantees a new lease of life? If you lack survival instinct,you just lack it,it doesn’t matter where you go in this world,if you ain't strong enough to swin with the sharks you going to drown and get devoured.

Lol, you wouldn't get it . With many Nigerians it symbolises a way out of the country, which most imagine is automatic success and wealth grin. Plus it's not s easy to get like it is here , without paying a bribe , it's not your two weeks , it can take months even a year unless you settle someone wink. That's what I always tell people, if you can't survive where you have an advantage, what makes you think you will make it in a foreign land?. This is the reason we have criminals littered everywhere, we are so quick to spit at our country and run off thinking things will be good for us in other countries as they are good for the citizens only to find out it doesn't work that way, we will have to work 10 times harder , which we detest and turn to crime ( fast and easy money schemes). Sigh!

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2018
When it comes to R & D in pure science and applied sciences no African country is even at half the level of competence of South Africa.

It takes decades of investment and nurturing of human resources to even possess the fundamental skills and know how.

In the world scale only US , Japan , Russia , China , India , EU , South Korea , UK have the skills , in-house facilities and resources to undertake R & D in the same.

One of the few examples

The world's most complex machine, the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER), a project to prove that fusion power can be produced on a commercial scale.

ITER, the most complex science project in human history, will use hydrogen fusion, controlled by superconducting magnets, to produce massive heat energy.

Scientists say a pineapple-sized amount of hydrogen offers as much fusion energy as 10,000 tonnes of fossil fuel coal.

The ITER project is funded and run by seven member countries

1.European Union
2.China
3.India
4.Japan
5.Korea
6.Russia
7.US

The ITER project cost is about $22 billion. The European Union is paying 45 per cent of the cost; China, India, Japan, Korea, Russia and the US each contribute 9 per cent equally. ITER's member countries finance the manufacturing of project components via their own national companies, shipping the parts for assembly at the reactor's site at Cadarache, in southern France.

U can read about it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4226216/worlds-most-complex-nuclear-plant#63163484

African countries except for south Africa have a long way to go , as of now they r not even in the picture

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

My friend, that unveiling looks like a perfect fail for me. Failing right from the start

Lol

I thought I was the only one that caught that. There wasn't so much fanfare, wish them the best.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:
When it comes to R & D in pure science and applied sciences no African country is even at half the level of competence of South Africa.

It takes decades of investment and nurturing of human resources to even possess the fundamental skills and know how.

And why do you expect any African country to be above the level of South Africa?
South Africa has a solid foundation to build on. ln 1890 for instance ( before Nigeria was even born), South Africa already had the Johannesburg Stock exchange, and access to Whites man education.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

And why do you expect any African country to be above the level of South Africa?
South Africa has a solid foundation to build on. ln 1890 for instance ( before Nigeria was even born), South Africa already had the Johannesburg Stock exchange, and access to Whites man education.

No offence sir

But most of u guys r ready with excuses when the narrative goes against u.

South Korea also never had a solid foundation to build on but where r they now ?

Same for China , India , Japan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Lol, we should continue teaching our deluded compatriots who are always adamant on always comparing South Africa with its different history to Nigeria sad. Timewilltell3 is such person and her followers , it's a bit embarrassing to watch . South Africa is definitely not a country we can compete with at the moment in most things , pride aside, that's a fact .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2018
Runalong333:

Lol, you wouldn't get it . With many Nigerians it symbolises a way out of the country, which most imagine is automatic success and wealth grin. Plus it's not s easy to get like it is here , without paying a bribe , it's not your two weeks , it can take months even a year unless you settle someone wink. That's what I always tell people, []if you can't survive where you have an advantage, what makes you think you will make it in a foreign land?[/b]. This is the reason we have criminals littered everywhere, we are so quick to spit at our country and run off thinking things will be good for us in other countries as they are good for the citizens only to find out it doesn't work that way, we will have to work 10 times harder , which we detest and turn to crime ( fast and easy money schemes). Sigh!
But is Nigeria really that bad to the point where being a slave in Libya is less degrading than facing the problems of Nigeria? I think I'd rather suffer in my own turf than being reduced to the level of an animal in a foreign country.Fools just don't get it,there is a saying that goes "life is what you make it" , you could be born in the poorest country in the world and still make the best of the situation and you could be born in a very rich country and still die a poor man while all the luxuries of life are just fingertips away.It all boils down to the way an individual is mentally wired in the end,so running away will never solve sh*t.

You are based in SA right? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

In the world scale only US , Japan , Russia , China , India , EU , South Korea , UK have the skills , in-house facilities and resources to undertake R & D in the same.

One of the few examples

The world's most complex machine, the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER), a project to prove that fusion power can be produced on a commercial scale.

ITER, the most complex science project in human history, will use hydrogen fusion, controlled by superconducting magnets, to produce massive heat energy.

Scientists say a pineapple-sized amount of hydrogen offers as much fusion energy as 10,000 tonnes of fossil fuel coal.

The ITER project is funded and run by seven member countries

1.European Union
2.China
3.India
4.Japan
5.Korea
6.Russia
7.US

The ITER project cost is about $22 billion. The European Union is paying 45 per cent of the cost; China, India, Japan, Korea, Russia and the US each contribute 9 per cent equally. ITER's member countries finance the manufacturing of project components via their own national companies, shipping the parts for assembly at the reactor's site at Cadarache, in southern France.

U can read about it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4226216/worlds-most-complex-nuclear-plant#63163484

African countries except for south Africa have a long way to go , as of now they r not even in the picture

Bro we know this already , don't take that stupid girl seriously . She is known for making foolish claims . You should have known.what a dimwit she is when she claimed Mandela has Asian blood because of his facial features grin. Or that SA was hugely illiterate before 94 when in fact it was and is still the 3rd or 4th literate in the continent. So you see the kind of person we are dealing with here. grin.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

No offence sir

South Korea also never had a solid foundation to build on but where r they now ?

The Giant of Africa. These guys are pathetic.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:18am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

No offence sir

South Korea and Japan has benefited immensely from the U.S especially after the second world war.
China and lndia were both ancient progressive civilizations already before colonisation much more exposed than the native Americans or Africans.
This is not about giving excuses, and it is true that Africans on their part are not doing well. Of Course Nigeria at a time( no matter how poor) were way ahead of lndia and were more or on same level with China and way more progressive than Singapore/ Malaysia. Many things have continually moved on a downward slope for Naija, and of course the fault lies in us.
However we must tell a story completely and not always fall into the danger of a single story as Chimamanda Adichie advised. You must take everything into perspective.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2018
gallivant:

The

Every individual has the right to be proud of his / her country but that feeling must be tempered in moderation and in touch with ground realities and importantly humility.

Using and propunding tags like giant of ........ etc is actually self defeating , it raises the expectation bar so high that on the ground it becomes difficult to sustain.

Let our work on the ground do the talking rather than the opposite.

Every country in Africa is a giant in her own right in her area of expertise or competence.

Every country like every individual has the potential but it needs years and years of work to realise it on the ground.

Many african countries r slowly but surely investing in science and technology as should be, the results r coming in slowly but surely and in future they will be force to reckon with.

It costs lots of money and time but as they say one step at a time and we be there one day

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by SIRTee15: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Our youths are lazy and brainless. At least you know that nigeria is not working. Most of my brothers from southwest only want to hear lies well they are suffering . A lot of people in south west do not even have jobs but it seems we are happy. Only thing we like party party suffering suffering.

Are u truly Yoruba....
If u are then I'm happy Yoruba youths are beginning to wake up from the disastrous opium created by tinubu n being sniffed by our youth.....
I just don't get why a Yoruba youth would want the status quo in Nigeria remain just because of a straw man argument that Yoruba will produce the president in 2023....
It's like hiding ur head in the sand while your yansh is exposed.....
Besides I just don't understand the hype about a Yoruba presidency....
Obasanjo was there for 8 years, what changed....
Let's put our destiny into our hands n focus on long term goals/policy by pushing for regional restructuring vigorously n passionately.....
With regional autonomy we get the advantage of remaining in nigeria while steering the wheel of development in our region at a pace that best work with us.....
It's a shame it's the Yoruba elders clamouring for restructuring, the youths don't want anything to do with it....
I just don't understand why our youths fail to see this....
All they care about is short term goals. Patience n Hard work is no longer a virtue....
No wonder money ritual is on the rise in that region....

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

South Korea and Japan has benefited immensely from the U.S especially after the second world war.
China and lndia were both ancient progressive civilizations already before colonisation much more exposed than the native Americans or Africans.
This is not about giving excuses, and it is true that Africans on their part are not doing well. Of Course Nigeria at a time( no matter how poor) were way ahead of lndia and were more or on same level with China and way more progressive than Singapore/ Malaysia. Many things have continually moved on a downward slope for Naija, and of course the fault lies in us.
However we must tell a story completely and not always fall into the danger of a single story as Chimamanda Adichie advised. You must take everything into perspective.

Well I don't agree agree with u r points but that again is my personal opinion.

And the thing with opinions is that r simply opinions be it mine or urs or others

South Korea or Japan benefitted from America is what sense ?

Afaik it was only in the sphere of security

It makes no sense that Americans helped the Japs and Koreans set up their industries / research institutes etc which in the future would endanger the American industries / interests

Everything they did was on their own initiative and their own effort , they took risks they worked hard and they got the results

Among nations there r no friends only interests

China and India were ancient civilizations which meant they also had a lot of luggage ( socioeconomic etc ) which created more disadvantages rather than advantages.

China had to purge and kill millions of their citizens to conform them to what they r now . India had to carry the burdens of the past and r still struggling with it.

But inspite of that they r making a difference and competing with the west.

Big picture always matters but aren't they the culmination of small pictures ? Like so many small streams ending up in a big river right ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2018
I think kenya is overrated. Tanzania is ahead

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

Well I don't agree agree with u r points but that again is my personal opinion.

And the thing with opinions is that r simply opinions be it mine or urs or others

South Korea or Japan benefitted from America is what sense ?

Afaik it was only in the sphere of security

It makes no sense that Americans helped the Japs and Koreans set up their industries / research institutes etc which in the future would endanger the American industries / interests

Everything they did was on their own initiative and their own effort , they took risks they worked hard and they got the results

Among nations there r no friends only interests

China and India were ancient civilizations which meant they also had a lot of luggage ( socioeconomic etc ) which created more disadvantages rather than advantages.

China had to purge and kill millions of their citizens to conform them to what they r now . India had to carry the burdens of the past and r still struggling with it.

But inspite of that they r making a difference and competing with the west.

Big picture always matters but aren't they the culmination of small pictures ? So many small stories end up in a big story right ?

can u mention the time / period and additional info about the same. Would love to know

Well my points are there for those who can understand to understand, and l can't keep going back and forth. So we agree to disagree.
lndia and China were ancient civilizations with cultures such as Hinduism( a common kind of philosophy for all of lndia) and then the dominant Han Clannish Culture uniting China, which means they have had more time to get to know each other, fight wars, etc, and then learn from their mistakes and build on their path.
Japan and South Korea have benefitted greatly from the U.S, in almost everything and most importantly in transfer of tech, just after the second world war.
IF YOU CAN'T GET ALL OF THESE, THEN SORRY l CAN' T HELP YOU FURTHER.
To answer your last question, you can check from 1972 to 1980.
Also with lndia for instance, they improved greatly at the turn of the century, it was way terrible for lndia before then and Nigeria even under the military regime were not as poor, though more highly dependent on oil.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2018
This is Tanzania..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Well my points are there for those who can understand to understand, and l can't keep going back and forth. So we agree to disagree.
lndia and China were ancient civilizations with cultures such as Hinduism( a common kind of philosophy for all of lndia) and then the dominant Han Clannish Culture uniting China, which means they have had more to get to know each other, fight wars, etc, and then learn from their mistakes and build on their part.
Japan and South Korea have benefitted greatly from the U.S, in almost everything and most importantly in transfer of tech, just after the second world war.
IF YOU CAN'T GET ALL OF THESE, THEN SORRY l CAN' T HELP YOU FURTHER.

Well sir we will agree to disagree grin

Anyways nice talking to u
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2018
Tanzania is eden

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2018
Tanzania

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 22, 2018
Kazikazi:
I think kenya is overrated. Tanzania is ahead

Ahead of who and in wat sense? Noisy neighbors!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.